Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone! I'm finally getting my act together to post a quick review on this board of our BC CL stay last month. It was our first stay at the BC (having stayed at the Poly, GF, and Boardwalk before). We really loved the resort, especially the pool, and the ability to walk to Epcot and HS. I was concerned that the pool would be overwhelming for our 6 and 3 year olds, but they could have spent all day there and the sand bottom was a huge hit. We weren't crazy about the food at Hurricane Hanna's (and found it tough to get a seat), but enjoyed ice cream at Beaches & Cream and dinner at Cape May Cafe.

I think the biggest drawback was how FAR everything felt from our room. We were in room 5723 with a water view, which was lovely (see pics!). But the room was a hike from the elevators and club lounge- which meant the lobby was far, and the pool was much farther... To get to our room from the elevators, we would have to walk down a long hall to a small seating area, and then all the way down another long hall. With a stroller and 2 kids, this could take ten minutes. There was no popping up to the lounge or running back to the room from the pool without taking a lot of time and energy.

Transportation wise, I had pre-trip been worried about getting to morning Extra Magic Hours at AK and MK, and to Early Morning Magic at MK. We ended up using, and loving, the Minnie Vans for all of our MK and AK trips and really didn't have any issues getting one early in the morning.

We would be glad to stay at BC again, but will make sure to get a room closer to the elevators. :)

Room views:

IMG_3211.JPG IMG_3213.JPG IMG_3214.JPG

When walking from BC to HS, can you still cut through the BW pool area? I usually stay at a different resort and have only been at BW once for a few minutes. I am trying to familiarize myself with walking map that cuts through the BW and I'm sure I will get turned around! Google Maps shows a similar path so I am hoping I can just put it in my phone app and it take me turn by turn.

When walking from BC to HS, can you still cut through the BW pool area? I usually stay at a different resort and have only been at BW once for a few minutes. I am trying to familiarize myself with walking map that cuts through the BW and I'm sure I will get turned around! Google Maps shows a similar path so I am hoping I can just put it in my phone app and it take me turn by turn.

You will actually skirt the perimeter of the pool area and yes, you can walk that way to DHS.

Hi everyone - we just booked a trip at BCR for 5/25/19-6/1/19. We are so excited! This will be our 3rd stay at BCR and it's our favorite resort. We were there in 2011 and again in 2014 and we've been dying to get back since then. Can you please add us to the roster? Can you tell me if most of the 2 queen CL GV rooms have full balconies? I'm requesting one but wondered what my chances are. Will be following along this thread for the next 10 months!

We have stayed at the Beach Club several times, but always in July. We are looking at a stay in mid-April next year. My boys favorite thing about the resort is the pool. Is the water warm enough for swimming in April? I don't want them to miss out on their favorite part of the hotel!

We have stayed at the Beach Club several times, but always in July. We are looking at a stay in mid-April next year. My boys favorite thing about the resort is the pool. Is the water warm enough for swimming in April? I don't want them to miss out on their favorite part of the hotel!
We’ve always gone swimming in late February/early march

The pool is heated to 80. It is the atmosphere you need to be concerned about. Mid April is usually ok, but Florida Weather is fickle

New poster here on this thread! We have finally decided we are going to give BC a try with a split stay with the POLY on our next trip (2019), staying 4 nights at each resort. We will stay at the POLY for ease around MK area (and toddler in a stroller), then move to the BC for Epcot, DHS, etc. I am so excited to learn more and more about the Beach club. I see the rooms are a bit smaller than GF and Poly (both places I have just last stayed). But do they feel small? SO excited to learn more about a new resort! We have 2 children under 10, so I know this will be a great fit for us.

I also had asked about the DELUXE standard rooms at BC. Has anyone stayed in these? Are they worth it? How many are there still and where are they located? Good location or eh, not so great?

I have no idea how the rooms or building are laid out, I will be looking for all that info in the coming posts. Also, what rooms are closest in walking distance to Epcot or the Boardwalk? What do you feel is the perfect room?

Sorry for so many questions! I am so excited to have finally made a decision since returning from the GF in April!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm finally getting my act together to post a quick review on this board of our BC CL stay last month. It was our first stay at the BC (having stayed at the Poly, GF, and Boardwalk before). We really loved the resort, especially the pool, and the ability to walk to Epcot and HS. I was concerned that the pool would be overwhelming for our 6 and 3 year olds, but they could have spent all day there and the sand bottom was a huge hit. We weren't crazy about the food at Hurricane Hanna's (and found it tough to get a seat), but enjoyed ice cream at Beaches & Cream and dinner at Cape May Cafe.

I think the biggest drawback was how FAR everything felt from our room. We were in room 5723 with a water view, which was lovely (see pics!). But the room was a hike from the elevators and club lounge- which meant the lobby was far, and the pool was much farther... To get to our room from the elevators, we would have to walk down a long hall to a small seating area, and then all the way down another long hall. With a stroller and 2 kids, this could take ten minutes. There was no popping up to the lounge or running back to the room from the pool without taking a lot of time and energy.

Transportation wise, I had pre-trip been worried about getting to morning Extra Magic Hours at AK and MK, and to Early Morning Magic at MK. We ended up using, and loving, the Minnie Vans for all of our MK and AK trips and really didn't have any issues getting one early in the morning.

We would be glad to stay at BC again, but will make sure to get a room closer to the elevators. :)

Room views:

View attachment 340304 View attachment 340305 View attachment 340306

Great pics and glad to hear about your stay. Us too, just stayed 9 days at GF in April and our previous stay was a week at the POLY. So going to a Epcot resort area hotel is a big change for us. That's why we are doing a split stay for our trip next year. I see you wrote that you felt far from everything. Where do you think would be the ideal location then, knowing what you know now? We also have a toddler and a 9 year old, so convenience is a big deal for us with a stroller, etc. I know nothing about the Beach Club and am eager to learn more. I guess I should ask you, would you stay there again and what would you do differently? Did you find you missed being near the MK?

And did you have a pool view or a water view?

This is going to sound crazy to likely 98% of readers for a few reasons, but here goes...

We just did an 8-day split stay at BC/WL in June that was so so jam-packed with parks and family/friends etc. We ended up switching to YC after two days because the BC had beautiful Venetian blinds that just did not block out the light and my west coast kids were up until close to 11PM and our 4 year old just couldn't sleep with the sun coming in. Switching was no problem and the cast member said we weren't the first ones to do it.

This summer and through OCT, my husband has been working in NYC and we live in CA. So we try to see him every 2 weeks but its hard. The kids and I were planning on heading out to NYC next week, but my oldest truly just wants to "swim and cuddle with daddy" so we thought we would surprise them with a back to disney trip since we definitely did not get enough pool time when we were there!

YC is full so I'm looking at BC and I know someone mentioned after my post-trip review that not all rooms are the Venetian blinds. Can anyone confirm from a recent stay that there are non-suite rooms that still have the blackout shades?

Oh no! This concerns me. We are late sleepers, keep our toddler up till 12am on our last trip and sleep later. That would drive me crazy!! I need to know more about this. I was all set to book BC but this worries me!

Oh no! This concerns me. We are late sleepers, keep our toddler up till 12am on our last trip and sleep later. That would drive me crazy!! I need to know more about this. I was all set to book BC but this worries me!

I would make your first request a room with a sliding door! Depending on location, rooms with the blinds may be okay in the morning regarding sunlight, but ours was not and got full sun as soon as it came up. And our kids were on west coast time so 6:30AM was just too early!

Someone recently asked about the Ale & Compass breakfast children's menu.

Here it is!

I believe that the cost of the buffet is $13 for children- I assume that means 9 and under.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter