Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Did they let a lot of light in?
Here is a photo of the shade in a room facing the BC Quiet Pool:

bc-window-treatment-light-gap-jpg.80659

Each of the shades in the room had major light gaps. Also, if there are small children in the room, I would be concerned about the long (within about 18" of the floor) continuous loop bead chain; there were no childproof safety devices attached to avert strangling hazards.

Did they let a lot of light in?
We got up pretty early on park days, but on the days we slept in, I didn’t think it was too bad. There were gaps and the cords were long. Our room was a garden/woods view. There were many trees just outside of our balcony, so I think that helped block some of the light as well. We weren’t bothered by the light that was let in.

Hello YC/BC family! The last time we stayed at the BC (2012) magic bands were a prototype. We are planning an extended family trip for early June 2019. Just a couple questions.

1. How do we gain entrance to Stormalong Bay? Will we scan in? Wear the bands in the pool? Even kids?
2. Will kids' Magic bands open the room door? Can we turn off charging privileges like we used to with the cards?
3. If I book multiple rooms, are the chances of them being close together still slim?

So much has changed since our last visit; I've got a lot of Dis to catch up on!

Hello YC/BC family! The last time we stayed at the BC (2012) magic bands were a prototype. We are planning an extended family trip for early June 2019. Just a couple questions.

1. How do we gain entrance to Stormalong Bay? Will we scan in? Wear the bands in the pool? Even kids?
2. Will kids' Magic bands open the room door? Can we turn off charging privileges like we used to with the cards?
3. If I book multiple rooms, are the chances of them being close together still slim?

1. Yes, yes and yes.
2. Yes. Don't tell the kids what the PIN is and they won't be able to charge.
3. I wouldn't say slim, just no guarantees.

Heard about using the app to unlock guest rooms, very cool. However, is it any different/easier than just using your Magic Band? Seems like more of a hassle to pull my phone out, open the app, and then unlock the door all while my Magic Band is on my wrist and ready to go.
Anyone have an insight/experience on this? If not at this resort, then maybe the ones that also offer the service via the app?

This is going to sound crazy to likely 98% of readers for a few reasons, but here goes...

We just did an 8-day split stay at BC/WL in June that was so so jam-packed with parks and family/friends etc. We ended up switching to YC after two days because the BC had beautiful Venetian blinds that just did not block out the light and my west coast kids were up until close to 11PM and our 4 year old just couldn't sleep with the sun coming in. Switching was no problem and the cast member said we weren't the first ones to do it.

This summer and through OCT, my husband has been working in NYC and we live in CA. So we try to see him every 2 weeks but its hard. The kids and I were planning on heading out to NYC next week, but my oldest truly just wants to "swim and cuddle with daddy" so we thought we would surprise them with a back to disney trip since we definitely did not get enough pool time when we were there!

YC is full so I'm looking at BC and I know someone mentioned after my post-trip review that not all rooms are the Venetian blinds. Can anyone confirm from a recent stay that there are non-suite rooms that still have the blackout shades?

Book the BC, request a room with blackout curtains, and cross your fingers. Pack a roll of foil and some scotch tape just in case. Foil over windows = complete blackout.

Our room was a Deluxe Room on the ground floor right next to the quiet pool (1557). It had blackout curtains, on all three sets of windows. We had a sliding door out to the patio. Room was pitch black at night.

Anyone have an insight/experience on this? If not at this resort, then maybe the ones that also offer the service via the app?

I don’t always wear my Magic Band, but I almost always have my phone with me. Sometimes I toss my Magic Band into my bag, so getting my phone out is just as much effort (or less- my camera bag has an outside pocket for my phone but my Magic Band may be rolling around at the bottom). If we’re not going to a park I often don’t wear it- DH has his and we can charge to the room that way or use gift cards or credit cards. I may be in the minority but I just don’t keep my Magic Band on me all the time that I’m there.

:wave2: Everyone!

I'm back. Good thing, too. We were about 5 posts from being banished to page 3 of the Resorts forum. :scared1:

We were on a college scouting expedition in DC for my youngest son Ben. It was a great trip- it was actually cooler (but wetter) than it was back home in Massachusetts! I'll probably post a few pictures over on my current trip report. We met up with some legendary DISers, @Missyrose and @Pixel Dust, two campus tours, visited museums, the archives, walked to monuments/memorials, took a night tour, toured the Capitol and Library of Congress and took a day trip to Gettysburg.

I'll try to get caught up here as soon as I can.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hello everyone! :wave2:

My family will be staying at Beach Club from Aug 28-Sept 5, and we're SO excited! I have a few random questions that I was wondering if those who've stayed there could answer.

In the Beach Club Marketplace, would the breakfast bounty platter be enough to split between 2 adults? Opinions on using room service for the benefit of getting breakfast at 6am vs the cheaper option of waiting til 7am for Marketplace?

Would you recommend using physical check-in or online check-in for BC? As in, do you enjoy the cast member interaction/ability to pickup celebrate buttons/make requests vs the flexibility of receiving a text and proceeding straight to the room without waiting in line?

Oh! And lastly, I keep reading different answers to this one-- how deep does SAB get? I've heard the deepest part is almost 5ft and then I hear the lazy river is 8ft! (My daughter and I aren't really swimmers so we would want life vests for the precaution if that's the case.)

Oops! I see I quoted your message earlier this week, but didn't include a response.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Here's my 2 cents on the bounty platter- I would save the money* and get it in the Marketplace. Is it enough for 2 people? I guess that depends on your appetite, BUT, the good thing about not filling up is that you will be hungry earlier, and you can beat the crowds by having an early lunch.

*Disclaimer- I am a renowned cheapskate. On our recent trip, our only charge to the hotel was a bottle of water ($3 yikes) because I didn't catch my husband before he wandered off and purchased it. The rest of the trip, I melted ice from the ice machine to use in refillable bottles. Mostly to avoid the use of plastic bottles, but also because I am frugal.

It is personal preference for online vs. checkin at the desk. I believe by checking in early, you can input your credit card info and have that all ready and get a room ready text (sometimes even before you arrive at the resort), but there is nothing that prevents you from stopping at the front desk to interact with the CMs, ask about the features of your room, etc. I have never seen long lines at the front desk, so it shouldn't be a long wait to talk to someone whether or not you did the advance check-in.

I think others have answered the question about the lazy river depth. Yes, parts are as deep as 8 feet.

::yes::

Page 1274

I will be at the YC in 5 days for my Birthday trip!

Wishing you a fantastic trip!

:goodvibes

Thank you both for the info!

:thumbsup2

Our trip is coming up soon, but not soon enough! So I’ve started daydreaming about souvenirs. Are there any great and unique B.C. souvenirs that anyone knows of?

I have purchased matted drawings of the resorts, around $50 I believe. I think I have some pictures I can post. See next post.

::yes::

Just booked the Beach Club for a pre-cruise stay !!! :D

I've been a bad girl. Turns out that Club Level rooms ARE available to 4 adults in a room.

I cancelled the standard room and booked Club Level instead!

Anything special I should know about CL at the Beach Club?

:welcome: back!

October stay before your cruise? I'll add you to the list.

There's some info on Page 1, Post 12 about Yacht & Beach Club Level.

:woohoo:

Hi! Just booked our first stay at the YC CL for Nov 6-12. I haven't stayed at the YC in YEARS (my 16th birthday was there back in the early 90s). Looking forward to share the resort with my kids. We have a water view room booked- any ideas what a good room request would be? Are the CL rooms near the lounge or spread throughout the resort?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

We have a thread on the Resorts Community subforum with guest photos/comments about some rooms. I'll see if there are any posted for the YC CL WV category.

I'll also post the detailed YC map so you can see the rooms that are available.

YC Room Map, Floors 4 and 5. Club Level is 5th Floor.

Room 5173

Room 5181

Room 5227 bedding and Room 5227 views

Room 5233

Room XXXX

:magnify:

Last edited:
Small Christmas tree for resort rooms?

Found this question over on the Resorts Community subforum:

We'll be spending Christmas at BC this year... we wanted to get a small lighted Christmas tree for the room. I think in past years Disney Florist had some offerings but I can't see them at all. Are there other options for this (I know I can order from Amazon but would love to not have to worry about deliveries... I guess I can order something locally and carry in our luggage but would love something local and easy:)

:santa:

Page 1275-1278

I would love to know the answer to this too. We're leaving for BCV next week!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list.

dansdad answered your initial questions, but if you have others as you are preparing for your trip, please let us know!

:goodvibes

I just booked a VERY short stay, just Dh and I at YC in early December! I've always wanted to visit Disney at Christmas time--I've been in early November when the Christmas decorations are just starting, and at the beginning of January when they are starting to come down, but I'e never been in the middle of the season when it's been in full effect.
We will be doing a MVMCP but other than that, no parks. We plan to spend our time visiting different resorts and seeing all the pretty decorations, and going to Jellyrolls one night!

You're doing what I want to do!!! Sounds like a great little vacation getaway! Christmas is the one holiday season I have never been to Disney and I really want to go! Have a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!