Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey guys! I was just checking out Hurricane Hannah’s adult beverage menu! Just wondering if anyone has a favorite mixed drink they can recommend there! Trying to plan for pool days!!! LOL Thanks!

The Sunken Treasure gets a spotlight on Page 1 of this thread (See below)

During my October 2016 trip, I discovered the Category 5 doesn't suck, either!

DSCF0813.jpg

The Category 5:

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme Banana, Bols Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Splash of Grenadine, float of Goslings 151 Rum

Last edited:
Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Ode to my "first" Sunken Treasure by natebenma

DSCN2849-1.jpg
sunkentreasure.jpg

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

The Sunken Treasure was removed from the menu at Hurricane Hanna's for several years but has recently returned to the bar menu at HH and several other pool bars at other Disney resorts.

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experimented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

SunkenTreasureingredients.jpg
P1130980.jpg

SunkenTreasureNinjaMom.jpg
SunkenTreasure2.jpg

DIS%20OH.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Sunken Treasure gets a spotlight on Page 1 of this thread (See below)

During my October 2016 trip, I discovered the Category 5 doesn't suck, either!

DSCF0813.jpg

The Category 5:

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme Banana, Bols Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Splash of Grenadine, float of Goslings 151 Rum

Thank you so much for the pictures and descriptions!!! Thanks also to @Shellyb84 and @dansdad !!7 Both drinks actually sound really good!!!!! Sunken Treasure looks more my taste! Might be a one and done for me, though lol

@Shellyb84 I tried that at the GF in November and it was good, but I didn’t love it, not a fan of coconut.

Hello. We are staying at Yacht Club Club Level June 6-14th! We are so excited! Can anyone tell me what brands of wine they serve in the Lounge? Thank you!

Hello. We are staying at Yacht Club Club Level June 6-14th! We are so excited! Can anyone tell me what brands of wine they serve in the Lounge? Thank you!

Does anyone have pictures of water/lagoon view at Yacht Club? Thank you!
:welcome:

I’ll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page

We have a thread with a sample of views by category on the Resorts Community sub-forum. I’ll post the link in the morning

ETA: Yacht Club Room Views Thread: https://disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

I will have to search around to see what the current wine selections are, but a couple of things you can do until I have time to find them:

Go to Page 1, Post 12 of this thread (Club Level info)- not sure how recent the info/photos there are.

Go to the Club Level specific thread on the resorts board and search Yacht Club or Beach Club Wine

:goodvibes

Last edited:

We stayed at the YC for the first time 4/28-5/4 after 15+ stays at the BC. We boarded our dogs at Best Friends for the first time and wanted to be at a dog friendly hotel just in case they didn't do good (it was their first ever boarding experience).

We booked CL standard view and requested a room with a king bed. We got room 5227 and it had an awesome view. I'm not sure if we got upgraded to water/Lagoon View or if this is still considered SV since there was some rooftop right under us.

IMG_6259.JPG

Hubby and I are torn on which one we like better. I'm sort of leaning toward the YC because it seems to be less busy overall. Plus I like how it's the first stop on the bus between the two. Hubby likes BC because it feels more relaxed and laid back. I still think the YC was the better choice for our honeymoon.. especially once we walked over to the BC and encountered multiple screaming children in the lobby :rotfl: Regardless, the BC will always hold a special place in my heart since I basically grew up there. We've spent close to a full year there when you add up all of our family trips over the last 15 years.

Hopefully I'll be returning to the BC with my parents this November for my first Christmas time trip in 4 years :cool1: Hubby can only take so much time off from work in one year, but luckily he doesn't care how often I go :p

:welcome:

I’ll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page

We have a thread with a sample of views by category on the Resorts Community sub-forum. I’ll post the link in the morning

ETA: Yacht Club Room Views Thread: https://disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

I will have to search around to see what the current wine selections are, but a couple of things you can do until I have time to find them:

Go to Page 1, Post 12 of this thread (Club Level info)- not sure how recent the info/photos there are.

Go to the Club Level specific thread on the resorts board and search Yacht Club or Beach Club Wine

:goodvibes
Thank you! This is very helpful!

We booked CL standard view and requested a room with a king bed. We got room 5227 and it had an awesome view. I'm not sure if we got upgraded to water/Lagoon View or if this is still considered SV since there was some rooftop right under us.
Yes you were upgraded to a "Lagoon or Pool" view. A great view, thanks for sharing.

Views in Disney speak are defined by what can you see by just looking straight out the windows / sliding / french doors. I always laugh at what is a "Theme Park View" at the Contemporary", some guests then complain (not that you were complaining about the roofs below) that if they look down they can see the parking lot not the great view right in front of them! This is also why individual or groups of rooms may also change to a different view category based on vegetation growth or resort changes.

Dave

Hello! I just made the switch to stay at BC from AKL and had a few questions to ask.

I read in the FAQ that its basically a 50/50 chance on getting a full balcony at BC. one of the reasons why we stay at deluxes is for the balconies so the idea of not having one is stressing me out. We have a garden/wood view room and was wondering if anyone who stayed in that view before had a difficult time getting a full balcony?

Also what are some top favorites as far a food? I'm struggling to figure out what places I should check out.

How would one recommend touring epcot from BC? usually we knock out future world first thing in the morning but now that we would be going through IG I think it would be a pain to do that, unless we drive to the front gate? (which seems silly honestly)

and Lastly what is it like on the boardwalk at night? there are a few places Im interested in checking out.

How would one recommend touring epcot from BC? usually we knock out future world first thing in the morning but now that we would be going through IG I think it would be a pain to do that, unless we drive to the front gate? (which seems silly honestly)
This part of your post is easy to answer. You can still do Epcot Futureworld first, it just takes less than 5 minutes from the IG using the left side by England and Canada to reach Futureworld. You can even do "rope drop" from IG but I will note that the guests from the main gate will beat you there by just a couple of minutes. They are held slightly closer.

We always use the IG to enter, normally we stay at the BoardWalk Inn but this time we are going with the Swan, I just could not pass up saving over $225 per day (Great Hotwire Deal that is now gone) for the difference.

Dave

Lastly what is it like on the boardwalk at night? there are a few places Im interested in checking out.
Not really that much activity in general, depending on the season they might have Buskers performing along the boardwalk. There are 2 adult experiences: Dueling Pianos and Atlantic Dance. There is an Ice Cream store, bakery, a Disney themed bar: AbracadaBar (correct spelling) that may be fun for a drink or 3-4. They also have some carnival games and the requisite Disney store.

Dining options that we have tried: ESPN Sports bar that you might want to avoid if your SO is sports addicted, Pizza window, Trattoria al Forno, Flying Fish, Big River Grill Brewing works and BoardWalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas..

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/

Dave

Not really that much activity in general, depending on the season they might have Buskers performing along the boardwalk. There are 2 adult experiences: Dueling Pianos and Atlantic Dance. There is an Ice Cream store, bakery, a Disney themed bar: AbracadaBar (correct spelling) that may be fun for a drink or 3-4. They also have some carnival games and the requisite Disney store.

Dave
Do they still have the "street" performers? Thought I saw (years ago) a juggler and some other type of performer out at night.

Ah yes, sorry street performers are also known as "Buskers" in Boardwalk terminology. There have been less out in recent trips but usually there is a street magician out several nights during the week between about 7 - 10 PM.

Dave

Ah yes, sorry street performers are also known as "Buskers" in Boardwalk terminology. There have been less out in recent trips but usually there is a street magician out several nights during the week between about 7 - 10 PM.

Dave
Should have asked for clarification of "buskers"! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!