Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This past fall we were there and were commenting on how it's funny you can buy a margarita on the Boardwalk and stroll around the lake with it, but are not allowed to leave Epcot IG with any open alcohol. Not entirely sure where the line is drawn, but you can drink strolling from resort to resort, just seems alcohol cannot pass through park entrances or exits.

It has to do with liquor license laws. Epcot has a liquor license. The resorts and restaurants have their own licenses. Since the Boardwalk area falls under the "resort" category, you can walk around there with alcoholic beverages purchased around the area. But, alcohol purchased in Epcot must be consumed within the park itself, which is why you can't leave Epcot with an unfinished drink.

I've booked a garden view room with two queen beds at the Beach Club. I've been looking at older threads to try to figure out the best rooms to request, but many of the older threads are missing the photos since the various photo sites don't keep the photos up forever.

That said, can anyone here give me advice on the best rooms to request? I see a couple suggestions on touringplans. One garden view over there even shows the lake to the left. Would that mean that fireworks would be visible?

I wasn't aware of this and learned the hard way. Literally had to guzzle a Grey Goose Slush so I could leave Epcot and get back to BC for a reservation LOL.

One of my very favorite resort tips is this one (which lives on Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Info):

How Do I Keep My Grey Goose Slushie from Sloshing out of the Flimsy Cup They Gave Me?

About the only problem with the Grey Goose Slushie is that it is sold in a very flimsy martini glass. I find that as I drained more and more slushie, I was surprisingly more and more likely to tip over the cup while booking across the World Showcase trying to balance the cup and also snap pictures while walking. There must be a better way!

Very important tip from pixarmom: Use your refillable mug for the slushie. Pop on the lid. Insert straw. Enjoy!

*Need to re-insert Pictures*

A refillable mug provides a 'stealth' container so you can travel with it out of the parks and back to the Beach/Yacht club. Florida has a "No open container of alcohol" law so if Cast Members see you coming toward the exit of EPCOT with what's obviously a slushie or other alcoholic drink they will tell you to finish it or dump it.

~So take a container or chug the remainder!~

:drinking1

I've booked a garden view room with two queen beds at the Beach Club. I've been looking at older threads to try to figure out the best rooms to request, but many of the older threads are missing the photos since the various photo sites don't keep the photos up forever.

That said, can anyone here give me advice on the best rooms to request? I see a couple suggestions on touringplans. One garden view over there even shows the lake to the left. Would that mean that fireworks would be visible?

Hi, there. I see no one has responded so I'll take a stab at this one. It's my understanding that it's better to NOT ask for a specific room number if that's what you're asking, but rather request things like close to the lobby, full balcony, etc. That said, however, I will say that we stayed at BC the end of February and were in room 2579. We booked standard, but someone here confirmed it was indeed a garden view. We had a full balcony, although there was a rather large bush in front of it, but immediately to the left was the volleyball court and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and Crescent Lake. It really was a lovely view. As far as touringplans, I think I've read that their photos aren't up to date with how the categories are defined. Hope this helps.

I am guessing you can see Illuminations from YC; at least partly I presume. Is there a spot that is better to get at than another spot at YC? Asking because we will be there thru July 4th, wondering if on the 4th, will the view at YC suffice or should we get over to Epcot to find a spot?

I am guessing you can see Illuminations from YC; at least partly I presume. Is there a spot that is better to get at than another spot at YC? Asking because we will be there thru July 4th, wondering if on the 4th, will the view at YC suffice or should we get over to Epcot to find a spot?
If you don't want to enter Epcot, there is a good viewing point (for the higher fireworks) on the bridge that's between the BC and the Boardwalk. Most of the special ending to the fireworks can be seen from this vantage point. Of course, if you want to see all of the show, there is nothing like watching from Epcot. When watching from inside the park, the special ending of the show is so loud that you can feel the vibrations!

viewstraightoutfromroom_zpsb22e009e.JPG

9_zps48952920.JPG

This was the view from a second floor garden view room, a rather typical garden view. The villas building is to the left of the second picture.

Most of the garden view rooms face the woods between the BC and Epcot. It isn't much of a view but there is a good chance you will see the higher fireworks from those rooms. There is also a 100% guarantee that you will hear the fireworks from those garden view rooms. ;)

There are some garden view rooms that face the volleyball court and those are the rooms that could have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. They are also closer to the lobby than most of the other garden view rooms. You could always request a room overlooking the volleyball court, but there are only a few of those rooms, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Only some of the rooms at the YC have a fireworks view. You could make that a request, though it isn't guaranteed.

We were at the BC last 4th of July and went into Epcot to see the fireworks about 30 minutes before they went off. The special 4th of July ending has a great, big, water level explosion that is well worth it to see. So if you have a ticket, I would definitely make a point of seeing these fireworks. :)

Last edited:
Alright the liqour license
It has to do with liquor license laws. Epcot has a liquor license. The resorts and restaurants have their own licenses. Since the Boardwalk area falls under the "resort" category, you can walk around there with alcoholic beverages purchased around the area. But, alcohol purchased in Epcot must be consumed within the park itself, which is why you can't leave Epcot with an unfinished drink.

That makes alot more sense, I always knew I could enter or exit with a drink and I have done the dumping into like a paper drink cup like you get when getting a pop or what ever , but my sister who is a CM just always told me if a on duty cm sees you walking around with that they will tell you to dump it, and to be clear I will never board any mode of transportation with booze, just when walking from one park to another or around the lagoon there.

Can anyone be brutally honest with how small the chances are of getting a beach club “water/lagoon view” room with a view of the lake and with a full balcony? Am considering booking for my honeymoon but am nervous that it will be difficult to get these requests met :(

We recently stayed at YC and had very specific room requests for our wedding. I was a crazy person about them and faxed our request, called the resort directly, and had it noted on our reservation when booking what our requests were. Surprisingly, we got everything we asked for! You just have to be diligent and use all the routes possible to request what you'd like. Definitely let them know its for your anniversary, too. YC was amazing to work with, and I'm sure BC would be the same! Good luck!

So quick question for those that drive to the BC. I am renting a car and driving from MCO to BC for the first time so that I can do some shopping prior to checking in. My question is tolls!!! I want to make sure I have the correct change. Anyone have any idea what it will cost? Seems like the GPS will take me on 417. Appreciate any help!

So quick question for those that drive to the BC. I am renting a car and driving from MCO to BC for the first time so that I can do some shopping prior to checking in. My question is tolls!!! I want to make sure I have the correct change. Anyone have any idea what it will cost? Seems like the GPS will take me on 417. Appreciate any help!

There is a toll calculator tool that might help.

https://www.cfxway.com/for-travelers/#

Also, there are warnings that exit 3 is an unmanned toll location; it's been suggested to use exit 6, if a manned toll station is preferred.

We are getting ready for a trip at the end of the month - staying at BCV (2 bedroom). I've seen lots of info on room requests and "views" but I don't see any of those options on the early check in page from Disney. How do you request a particular view (i.e. woods view or epcot view)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter