Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We recently got back from BCV and we always use Stormalong Bay as our last day before our flight. This trip was the same, and for the last two years, we used the new showers and they've been great. However, they don't have hair dryers in them, so I asked the pool manager if she could supply one on my last day. She was so kind, and left one at the lifeguards chair for me and said she will put in an order for them to be installed on the walls. She told me if a guest is asking, they usually comply. My question is to anyone that is recently returning, have you noticed if they followed thru with this? And for those that are going in the next month or so, could you please take notice and come back and report here? Thanks so much!

Sorry...We went to bell hop with the case of water and they cannot store the water for that long so we gave the case of water away to a happy family who was just pulling up and unloading their luggage I hope that you have a great visit when you arrive on the 7th!

No worries! Thank you very much for even trying. Glad you were able to sprinkle some pixie dust for an arriving family! Safe travels and I hope you had a magical last day :)

Does anyone know if we can buy a candle or room spray to replicate the smell of the Beach Club lobby?

I'm on my way out the door, but if you go to Post 14 on Page 1 of this thread, there are a few different products that guests have reported smell like the Beach Club lobby. I think (or at least should) have the spireside candle listed. If not, I'll add it.

:goodvibes

Does anyone know if we can buy a candle or room spray to replicate the smell of the Beach Club lobby?

Yes Spireside Candles sells them and its wonderful. There are also a few other companies that offer that scent as well.

Second these! Our daughter bought us several for Christmas including the Polynesian and BC. I am not convinced the Polynesian actually smells like my beloved Polynesian, but the BC candle smelled right to us.

Thank you! I’ll be reliving our BC stay with that candle

I tried to buy that candle and its not available anymore. That's what the website said...

It’s this one, I believe : https://spireside.com/products/clover-fields-candle

Aloe & clover.

That’s my guess... both candles are advertised as aloe and clover. Maybe they were afraid of trademark infringement with the prior name ?

It said Clover Fields on page 1 #14 , so that's what I ordered...

In a quest to snuff out confusion about the candles, I went to the Spireside website- I typed in "Beach Club" and got no matches, "Aloe" and I was brought to Clover Fields and "Clover" and I was brought to Clover Fields.

I quickly skimmed some of the veiled names (Ghostly Castle, Beauty Sleep), it appears that the company is not able to directly name their products after Disneyworld resorts/attractions.

I hope this helps to answer some burning questions.

:magnify:

Page 1182-83

What rooms are the ones with the crazy big balconies? Is it better to stay at the end near the walking path exit, or overlooking the pool? I feel like I won't be happy with a view of trees, but how good is Illuminations viewing from the woodsy areas? We are in a 2BD dedicated so what are my options?

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. September?

:cool1:

Does anyone know where you can get info about the different balcony sizes at BCV? I went to the BCV room view thread to see if any were listed there and learned two things:

1) Room 455, which is a studio, has a "freakishly large balcony" according to the guest who stayed there

2) The thread is a MESS! Most of the photos have fallen victim to the great Photobucket Massacre... sigh...

At some point I'll put out the call for view/room pix to be added to the thread.

::yes::

We recently got back from BCV and we always use Stormalong Bay as our last day before our flight. This trip was the same, and for the last two years, we used the new showers and they've been great. However, they don't have hair dryers in them, so I asked the pool manager if she could supply one on my last day. She was so kind, and left one at the lifeguards chair for me and said she will put in an order for them to be installed on the walls. She told me if a guest is asking, they usually comply. My question is to anyone that is recently returning, have you noticed if they followed thru with this? And for those that are going in the next month or so, could you please take notice and come back and report here? Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for doing this! That is truly something missing from the changing room. Unbelievable that it hasn't been addressed until now!

:thumbsup2
I just booked a quick trip October 25-28-one night Poly for the Halloween Party are 2 nights BC for F&W. So excited! In all our trips, we have not done F&W before!!:cloud9:

:welcome: back!

What a cool trip that will be.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Does anyone know where you can get info about the different balcony sizes at BCV? I went to the BCV room view thread to see if any were listed there and learned two things:

1) Room 455, which is a studio, has a "freakishly large balcony" according to the guest who stayed there

2) The thread is a MESS! Most of the photos have fallen victim to the great Photobucket Massacre... sigh...

At some point I'll put out the call for view/room pix to be added to the thread.

::yes::

I have an "old" PDF with this information [2005], but don't think I can attach or at least I don't know how to attach a PDF to a thread. The PDF is from 2005 and is obviously outdated since it has a smoking/non-smoking room category. If anyone knows how to get that exported to a format that I can post, I would be glad to do that! And yes, room 455 has a "freakishly large balcony" for studio.​

I came across this for those interested in info about BCV:

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

This info is not the newest - not sure when it was compiled, though it certainly could be 8-10 years old.

It seems it is about a decade old, but I have since found out that ALL dedicated villas have 2 queen beds, and NOT to stay near the entrance due to bus noise, not to stay on Epcot side because of road noise and the trees have grown so tall you don't see much anyway. So recommended was pool view, or Beach Club view. Now thinking first floor pool view, because there are no balconies and the kids can just walk out to the pool, or like 5th floor BC view might be the best for convenience to the Marketplace, my husband likes to get coffee and soda first thing in the morning, and we were spoiled on floor 5 at the BLT, first room from the walkway. It was so easy to pop over and get drinks.

Page 1182-83

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. September?

:woohoo:

YES, Sept 5th to 13th. MNSSHP on the 9th! First time!!!!

It said Clover Fields on page 1 #14 , so that's what I ordered...
I think I may need to order one of these too! We will be staying there for the first time in July, but we have walked through the lobby on past trips and I remember noticing the smell. This will get us ready and even more excited for the trip. I wonder if they sell one for Wilderness Lodge. WL was the first resort we stayed at and have very fond memories at that resort!

I did notice a 2011 date on one of the pages, so take it for what it's worth. The room locations and views obviously have not changed, nor the exterior elevations.

Yes, only the view changing because of trees, which convinced me not to try for Epcot side. I mean, this is all a crapshoot anyways. I was lucky as heck to get my room request at BLT. And now I will be sad if I get any other room there haha.

I opted for a CL YC room during our up coming split stay as well as the DxDP for this part of our stay.
Reasons?
1) I want to know what a club level room is like for a later adult only trip and hope the experience is more in line with similar costing rooms outside the bubble.

2) There will be 5 of us (2 adults, 3 children) in the CL room and the cost per person goes down quite a bit with that ratio.

3) I feel confident "working" the DxDP to our advantage so that if we don't use much of the food component (beyond breakfast) @ CL it'll be fine.

4) For my convenience it'll be nice if someone else does breakfast runs;).

Booked a standard view room but may still upgrade to a park view (or whatever it's called) if the lounge doesn't have an Epcot view. Did the same thing at the first part of our stay @ Contemporary where I know the lounge has an MK view.
Recently got some pixie dust from WDW and now one room is 30% off and the other 20%. Used part of the savings to book an extra night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter