Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1179-1180

Hello we are getting ready for our first trip to The Beach Club! Thank you for all this information. We travel in July this year.

I have a question. At check in : Grandchildren are traveling with us, teenagers 16 and 17 and then one who turns 18 the day we fly out! Do we need some tyoe of ID for them if our name is different than theirs?

Trying to get prepared.

Good question- I don't know, I have only traveled with my children, but I don't think so. Is anyone who has recently traveled with grandkids or kids with different last names able to comment?

Unrelated question about the grandchild turning 18 the day you fly out (and I assume check in)- do you know if they will be charging the fee for a third adult in the room? I believe generally Disney does not impose the higher fees someone with an age threshold change during the trip. For example: turns 3 (ticket required) or turns 10 (for dining plan purposes, ticket) or turns 18 (room occupancy)

:goodvibes

Can you please add us?
We will be there August 17th - 20th Beach Club, Club Level (after 11 days at PORS)
First ever club level stay! Very excited.
Thank you!

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

Does any one know what time the first AK bus at beach club and or YC arrives on a 9:00am park opening? Does the bus stop at YC first still?

This is one of those elusive questions where you get a different answer from everyone you ask.

I think the most common responses are that 1) morning (breakfast) buses start rolling at 6:30 am or 2) 1 hour before parking opening (so technically, 8 am for a 9 am opening)

With the Pandora pandemonium, I'm guessing that the AK buses are starting sooner rather than later, but I have no direct knowledge.

Has anyone with a recent trip had experience with early morning AK buses?

:magnify:

Had the chance to stop by and see the Easter Egg Display at Beach Club this past week. It was incredible to see in person. They did an awesome job!

Wow! These are great! Thanks!

Did you happen to notice if they had a poster up with Easter activities for resort guests?

:thumbsup2

Well, I’m back!! Our wedding was absolutely WONDERFUL and staying at the Yacht Club really was the cherry on top of a magical weekend.

The staff did an amazing job at honoring our room requests. Even with my crazy (now) husband confusing the hell out of them at check in with what we were requesting lol.

We ended up getting rooms 4081 and 4083. Perfect views of the gazebo, gorgeous rooms, connecting, and they were just wonderful to work with at the Yacht. Our wedding went off without a hitch and was the most magical day ever!

I did have one final question- does anyone have (or can point me in the direction of) the email address to the GM of the resort that’s being left on the letters in the guest rooms? I forgot to grab the letter on our way out, and I want to email them and personally thank them for all they did for us.

See below for some pictures of the room, views, and wedding! :love:
View attachment 311241 View attachment 311242 View attachment 311243 View attachment 311244 View attachment 311245 View attachment 311246 View attachment 311247 View attachment 311248 View attachment 311249 View attachment 311250

Congratulations! So happy that everything went well for you. Thanks for the photos, your gown looks beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!

Had the chance to stop by and see the Easter Egg Display at Beach Club this past week. It was incredible to see in person. They did an awesome job!

View attachment 311325 View attachment 311326 View attachment 311327 View attachment 311328 View attachment 311329 View attachment 311330 View attachment 311331 View attachment 311332 View attachment 311333 View attachment 311334

Thank you so much for posting these! I will definitely plan a trip around Easter next year hoping they have them again. :goodvibes

Well, I’m back!! Our wedding was absolutely WONDERFUL and staying at the Yacht Club really was the cherry on top of a magical weekend.

The staff did an amazing job at honoring our room requests. Even with my crazy (now) husband confusing the hell out of them at check in with what we were requesting lol.

We ended up getting rooms 4081 and 4083. Perfect views of the gazebo, gorgeous rooms, connecting, and they were just wonderful to work with at the Yacht. Our wedding went off without a hitch and was the most magical day ever!

I did have one final question- does anyone have (or can point me in the direction of) the email address to the GM of the resort that’s being left on the letters in the guest rooms? I forgot to grab the letter on our way out, and I want to email them and personally thank them for all they did for us.

See below for some pictures of the room, views, and wedding! :love:
View attachment 311241 View attachment 311242 View attachment 311243 View attachment 311244 View attachment 311245 View attachment 311246 View attachment 311247 View attachment 311248 View attachment 311249 View attachment 311250
These are WONDERFUL! Congratulations!!!! :love:

Congratulations!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos and letting us know you had a great time.

Here is the mailing address for the General Manager of the Yacht & Beach Club. I don't have an email for the resort:

Cosmo Kapoor, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

You may want to copy Disney's Guest Communications as well.

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

Thanks for all you do on this thread!!

I meant to drop a note after our Mid-March YC trip to note that the letter from the GM had a totally new person listed: Kim Marinaccio...with email of wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com. She expressly asked for email feedback of any kind.

(Cosmo was not mentioned. I wonder where he went...)
Edit: I spent two minutes on google and it looks like Cosmo is over at GF now.

Last edited:

I meant to drop a note after our Mid-March YC trip to note that the letter from the GM had a totally new person listed: Kim Marinaccio...with email of wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com. She expressly asked for email feedback of any kind.

I was just about to post the same info. Kim Marianaccio was the GM listed on our letter when we were there earlier this month.

I don't know this first hand, but I saw a report from another forum regarding guests who have stayed at YC recently where the dogs are becoming an issue. Our YC stay was in December (dog program had just taken effect) and we didn't run into any problems ourselves. Evidently, there are more of them now and Disney is supposedly doing a poor job of enforcing the policies designed to prevent them from disturbing others guests' vacation. YMMV.

This is only my experience from our March 3-7, 2018 trip, but our encounters with dogs was similar to your December experience. We saw none of the problems to which you refer in another forum. There were some people walking their dogs on the boardwalk by the resort, but the dogs were leashed and under control. We also saw the dog relief areas and they were clean and unobtrusive. A couple of times we saw dogs in the hallway inside (with their people). The dogs were quieter than the people.

I'm not a dog person. I like them, but I don't want to care for them. I prefer the independence of cats. Nevertheless, the presence of dogs did not disturb my vacation.

I was just about to post the same info. Kim Marianaccio was the GM listed on our letter when we were there earlier this month.

Thank you both for this. I had not heard about the changeover, obviously.

I'll make corrections to the info I have on Page 1- hopefully I will get all of the mentions...

Thanks, again!!!

Thanks for sharing the news.

It looks like the new GM has had quite a bit of experience in this position at other Deluxe Disney resorts.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-marinaccio-a868233

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-inn-need-gms-name-please.3498882/#post-55485504

Page 1179-1180

Yes, I believe I was charged for the adult.

Thanks for all your help

Good question- I don't know, I have only traveled with my children, but I don't think so. Is anyone who has recently traveled with grandkids or kids with different last names able to comment?

Unrelated question about the grandchild turning 18 the day you fly out (and I assume check in)- do you know if they will be charging the fee for a third adult in the room? I believe generally Disney does not impose the higher fees someone with an age threshold change during the trip. For example: turns 3 (ticket required) or turns 10 (for dining plan purposes, ticket) or turns 18 (room occupancy)

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

This is one of those elusive questions where you get a different answer from everyone you ask.

I think the most common responses are that 1) morning (breakfast) buses start rolling at 6:30 am or 2) 1 hour before parking opening (so technically, 8 am for a 9 am opening)

With the Pandora pandemonium, I'm guessing that the AK buses are starting sooner rather than later, but I have no direct knowledge.

Has anyone with a recent trip had experience with early morning AK buses?

:magnify:

Wow! These are great! Thanks!

Did you happen to notice if they had a poster up with Easter activities for resort guests?

:thumbsup2

Dee we have some experience with age changes regarding tickets but there had been a gap of a couple years between trips. Eldest son had a child’s ticket in first trip then when we returned a couple years later he was classified as an adult but the old ticket had unused days in it. We simply stopped at the wee kiosk at the park entrance and they upgraded the ticket to adult with no charge. The cast member said that as long as they are reasonably sure it’s the same kid they don’t charge so I’m sure the same will apply to hotel stay- I think it’s age at check in that will count :)

Thanks for sharing the news.

It looks like the new GM has had quite a bit of experience in this position at other Deluxe Disney resorts.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-marinaccio-a868233

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-inn-need-gms-name-please.3498882/#post-55485504

Thanks for posting this info. It was good to read about Ms. Marinaccio's background and recent positions at WDW. It sounds like a very encouraging move for the Yacht & Beach resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter