Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1177-1179

If we stay at beach club villas standard view is there a good room or block of rooms to request?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll leave the other BCV experts to answer your question about room request suggestions.

Let us know if you book a stay here.

:goodvibes

They had gallon bottles of water at the BC Marketplace when we were there in January. There weren't any prices on them.

The best water comes out of the Freestyle machines. Just hit the water button and filtered, chilled water comes out. It is a lot tastier than bottled water. :) And it is good for the environment to use refillable bottles rather than plastic disposable bottles.

That is my speech for the day. :) I can't believe how many cases of water I see delivered to these resorts every time we are there.

My New Years resolution is to minimize the single-use plastic and styrofoam I use. I ordered silicone and stainless steel straws so I can skip the single-use plastic ones. As my Disney traveling companions know, I bring along my own take out containers for leftovers. And hooray for reusable bottles!

*stepping down from my (phosphate-free) soap box now*

::yes::

I do agree with you! I work in a grocery at a ski resort in Colorado right at the source of our water and people do not know what they’ll do when we run out of the cases of water (which BTW we charge $15 for). I suggest the clean tasty tap water but they cringe. I wonder how many bottles go to waste not even being drank.....

:thumbsup2

Hi all! Can you request a full balcony room as one of the online check in request options? If not, what is the best way to make this request?

Do you have a trip to the Beach Club booked?

I am not sure if a full balcony is included in the online checkin currently or not- the selections change, often, and don't always make sense!

The best way to communicate what you would like ("Full Balcony, please") is to phone in your request to Disney's Central Reservations Office. The phone number is posted on the first page of this thread, Post 13, I believe or you can search for it. If your reservation was made through a travel agency, they will have to give the request to Disney since they own your reservation.

Hello- could you please add me to the Be Our Guest List?

YC July 15-17

We are stopping by for a couple days on the way back from a wedding and to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We really wanted to stay at the BC, but the discount at the YC was so much better that we couldn't resist.

Will do!

Congrats on your milestone anniversary!

:cool1:

We're returning! I snatched a garden view room at Yacht Club that was not initially showing up as a room Category available in the summer discount. I find it strange that Yacht Club rooms remain cheaper than Beach Club for same view categories after the refurb. We are booked 7/7-11, at the end of a trip that starts at Coronado Springs and includes time on the Gulf. Of course, you all know what the highlight of the trip will be! Storm-a-long Bay! Last July, we stayed in a refurbed room (with plastic still covering some closet parts, so pretty sure we were the first guests), with rooms in close proximity to those still under construction. I am looking forward to having access to all the doors, hallways, and still have the lovely new room. (Although I will miss the carpeted floors.)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

Hmm. That is unpleasant to hear. My DH has strong allergies to dog fur. He would be fine walking near them, but not in a room that a dog had stayed in. I also just don't like dogs. (Sorry to pet lovers.) my kids on the other hand would love sharing a hotel with dogs. Has anyone with allergies had a stay on Yacht Club side that could advise?

Shortly before your trip contact the resort to request a VIP cleaning of your room due to your husband's fur allergy.

I am not sure exactly how to do that- does anyone know???

My guess is call the number I have for posted for the resort (I think in the Yacht Club post, Page 1, Post 9) and go from there. As far as I know, there is no charge for this service and even if there is, it should be waived in your situation.

:dogdance:

Page 1177-1179

I am not sure if a full balcony is included in the online checkin currently or not- the selections change, often, and don't always make sense!

The best way to communicate what you would like ("Full Balcony, please") is to phone in your request to Disney's Central Reservations Office. The phone number is posted on the first page of this thread, Post 13, I believe or you can search for it. If your reservation was made through a travel agency, they will have to give the request to Disney since they own your reservation.

Thank you! No, not booked yet. Thinking about options for August 2019 and pretty sure we nailed it down to a split stay between BC or YC and CR.

Page 1177-1179

The current online room requests for the BC are:
  • Large Balcony
  • Ground Floor
  • Highest Floor
  • Upper Floor
  • Lower Floor

Page 1177-1179

I'll leave the other BCV experts to answer your question about room request suggestions.

Let us know if you book a stay here.

My New Years resolution is to minimize the single-use plastic and styrofoam I use. I ordered silicone and stainless steel straws so I can skip the single-use plastic ones. As my Disney traveling companions know, I bring along my own take out containers for leftovers. And hooray for reusable bottles!

*stepping down from my (phosphate-free) soap box now*

::yes::

:thumbsup2

Will do!

Congrats on your milestone anniversary!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

Shortly before your trip contact the resort to request a VIP cleaning of your room due to your husband's fur allergy.

I am not sure exactly how to do that- does anyone know???

My guess is call the number I have for posted for the resort (I think in the Yacht Club post, Page 1, Post 9) and go from there. As far as I know, there is no charge for this service and even if there is, it should be waived in your situation.

We’re looking at the villas for the princess half but won’t know for sure until sometime this week. So excited to try renting for the first time! We typically budget everything but are wanting to splurge a bit this trip.

We’re going back!! Did a BC CL stay for a week for F&W and we’re returning this year for a split stay BC/Poly! You just can’t beat BC for Epcot and we adored F&W!!

Our dates are Nov 6-9 w00t!!

Looking for input: one of things I liked about CL was easy, fast breakfast and the espresso machine but this time we’re just doing a standard room. We’re doing Epcot each day so I’m thinking we just start at the French bakery for breakfast & espresso fixes. My concern is what if we’re awake before park opening? Are there alternative places to get a decent latte early in the morning in the area?

We’re going back!! Did a BC CL stay for a week for F&W and we’re returning this year for a split stay BC/Poly! You just can’t beat BC for Epcot and we adored F&W!!

Our dates are Nov 6-9 w00t!!

Looking for input: one of things I liked about CL was easy, fast breakfast and the espresso machine but this time we’re just doing a standard room. We’re doing Epcot each day so I’m thinking we just start at the French bakery for breakfast & espresso fixes. My concern is what if we’re awake before park opening? Are there alternative places to get a decent latte early in the morning in the area?

I'll add you to the list.

As much as I love coffee (I LOVE COFFEE), I only drink it hot & black or iced, so I have never paid much attention to the availability of specialty coffees.

Hey, my early morning friends. Where do you get your espresso fixes? Is there anything at the BC Marketplace or The Market at Ale & Compass.

I 'spose I could look at the menu listings there... but first-hand knowledge would be preferred.

Last edited:
Hello we are getting ready for our first trip to The Beach Club! Thank you for all this information. We travel in July this year.

I have a question. At check in : Grandchildren are traveling with us, teenagers 16 and 17 and then one who turns 18 the day we fly out! Do we need some tyoe of ID for them if our name is different than theirs?

Trying to get prepared.

I am excited about the Easter Egg display! Is anyone there now? Have they posted Easter activities for the resort yet?

I have a reservation on hold for a 1 BR cl at BC ... not sure if I want to keep it... It looks like there is none on the club level floor how much of a pain is that. (Never stayed cl before). Anyone have pictures of the rooms? Or thoughts about these rooms in general?

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! :cool1:

Seriously, would LOVE to see any of your wedding that you'd be willing to share!!!
Well, I’m back!! Our wedding was absolutely WONDERFUL and staying at the Yacht Club really was the cherry on top of a magical weekend.

The staff did an amazing job at honoring our room requests. Even with my crazy (now) husband confusing the hell out of them at check in with what we were requesting lol.

We ended up getting rooms 4081 and 4083. Perfect views of the gazebo, gorgeous rooms, connecting, and they were just wonderful to work with at the Yacht. Our wedding went off without a hitch and was the most magical day ever!

I did have one final question- does anyone have (or can point me in the direction of) the email address to the GM of the resort that’s being left on the letters in the guest rooms? I forgot to grab the letter on our way out, and I want to email them and personally thank them for all they did for us.

See below for some pictures of the room, views, and wedding! :love:
F9D2D512-C3A6-445C-B6F3-C36095F80DAC.jpeg 89B2238F-3F31-4056-95E4-6029A3B92A07.jpeg C87E88C0-1E86-48C6-B177-A63693EBE702.jpeg B68163C3-C99E-4F40-8C4C-2C95C863712D.jpeg F8AA1073-1C2A-4DD7-96E1-924A36B30481.jpeg 53CB565C-91A2-4011-84EA-93ED207D1020.jpeg 35321388-494E-4580-A171-590A69C34D0C.jpeg A1A55BF1-7BB0-4F8F-AC56-C37E293C517D.png B47ACE7B-2F7D-41DF-A933-A7DE51FC9A4C.jpeg 85A63A23-52CB-4801-9F78-23FBE8B12D0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I’m back!! Our wedding was absolutely WONDERFUL and staying at the Yacht Club really was the cherry on top of a magical weekend.

The staff did an amazing job at honoring our room requests. Even with my crazy (now) husband confusing the hell out of them at check in with what we were requesting lol.

We ended up getting rooms 4081 and 4083. Perfect views of the gazebo, gorgeous rooms, and they were just wonderful to work with at the Yacht. Our wedding went off without a hitch and was the most magical day ever!

I did have one final question- does anyone have (or can point me in the direction of) the email address to the GM of the resort that’s being left on the letters in the guest rooms? I forgot to grab the letter on our way out, and I want to email them and personally thank them for all they did for us.

Congratulations!

Thanks so much for sharing the photos and letting us know you had a great time.

Here is the email and mailing address for the General Manager of the Yacht & Beach Club.

EDIT TO ADD- Kim Marinaccio became the GM of Y&BC in December 2007

wdw.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com

Kim Marinaccio, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

You may want to copy Disney's Guest Communications as well.

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

Last edited:
Does any one know what time the first AK bus at beach club and or YC arrives on a 9:00am park opening? Does the bus stop at YC first still?

We ended up getting rooms 4081 and 4083. Perfect views of the gazebo, gorgeous rooms, and they were just wonderful to work with at the Yacht. Our wedding went off without a hitch and was the most magical day ever!

View attachment 311241 View attachment 311242 View attachment 311243 View attachment 311244 View attachment 311245 View attachment 311246 View attachment 311247 View attachment 311248 View attachment 311249 View attachment 311250
Gorgeous photos! Congratulations :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter