Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If we stay at beach club villas standard view is there a good room or block of rooms to request?

If we stay at beach club villas standard view is there a good room or block of rooms to request?
There are no "standard view" rooms at the villas. The views are not the best, and are limited to what are called pool view or woods view. Higher floors on the woods view side may get a glimpse of the higher Illuminations fireworks and pool view is of the Dunes Cove pool. Here's a pool view room we had a few years back [Studio 516]. I have higher floor room views if you want to see those.

There are no "standard view" rooms at the villas. The views are not the best, and are limited to what are called pool view or woods view. Higher floors on the woods view side may get a glimpse of the higher Illuminations fireworks and pool view is of the Dunes Cove pool. Here's a pool view room we had a few years back [Studio 516]. I have higher floor room views if you want to see those.

Okay thanks. The woman I’m speaking with about renting dvc quoted us with a standard view at beach club. I’ll double check my email but I’m pretty sure that’s what she said. Do you have a studio location that you prefer?

Purchasing water in Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass

Mission for someone there now (or soon)-

What is available for bottled water (cases of water bottles and gallons of water) in the resort gift shops for Yacht & Beach.

This is the info I have based on the latest reports (as of this summer)

Reports as of August 2017, the large cases of water are no longer available in the resort gift shops. Smaller quantities are still sold:
$3.99 for an 8 pack of 12 oz. bottles

Jan 2016: Case of 24 12 oz. bottles Dasani Water: $6.39
They had gallon bottles of water at the BC Marketplace when we were there in January. There weren't any prices on them.

The best water comes out of the Freestyle machines. Just hit the water button and filtered, chilled water comes out. It is a lot tastier than bottled water. :) And it is good for the environment to use refillable bottles rather than plastic disposable bottles.

That is my speech for the day. :) I can't believe how many cases of water I see delivered to these resorts every time we are there.

They had gallon bottles of water at the BC Marketplace when we were there in January. There weren't any prices on them.

The best water comes out of the Freestyle machines. Just hit the water button and filtered, chilled water comes out. It is a lot tastier than bottled water. :) And it is good for the environment to use refillable bottles rather than plastic disposable bottles.

That is my speech for the day. :) I can't believe how many cases of water I see delivered to these resorts every time we are there.
Do they have the Freestyle machines in the parks, or just at the resort? I prefer to use a travel water bottle with a filter to stay hydrated, but DH hates the warm water fountains in the park and is okay with spending $20 a day for cold bottled water. :sad2:

Do they have the Freestyle machines in the parks, or just at the resort? I prefer to use a travel water bottle with a filter to stay hydrated, but DH hates the warm water fountains in the park and is okay with spending $20 a day for cold bottled water. :sad2:
I have only seen the Freestyle machines at the resorts. The regular beverage dispensers usually have filtered water, too. The food court in Epcot in the Land building has chilled, filtered water at its beverage dispenser. Otherwise, you can ask for a cup of ice water at counter service places in the parks and they will give it to you for free. :) It is a little known secret that you can get free water from them and not have to pay for a bottle of Dasani. ;)

Okay thanks. The woman I’m speaking with about renting dvc quoted us with a standard view at beach club. I’ll double check my email but I’m pretty sure that’s what she said. Do you have a studio location that you prefer?
There are Standard View rooms at the Beach Club Resort. As @PCFriar80 stated ther are NOT Standard View Villas at the Beach Club Villas. Clarify with the person you are negotiating with. That is a red flag to me. She can not rent you a Standard View Villa

I have only seen the Freestyle machines at the resorts. The regular beverage dispensers usually have filtered water, too. The food court in Epcot in the Land building has chilled, filtered water at its beverage dispenser. Otherwise, you can ask for a cup of ice water at counter service places in the parks and they will give it to you for free. :) It is a little known secret that you can get free water from them and not have to pay for a bottle of Dasani. ;)

Thanks. I was aware you could get ice water from QS locations, but I think DH is underestimating how much water he'll need to drink to stay hydrated in September weather and doesn't want to bother with a water bottle.

I do agree with you! I work in a grocery at a ski resort in Colorado right at the source of our water and people do not know what they’ll do when we run out of the cases of water (which BTW we charge $15 for). I suggest the clean tasty tap water but they cringe. I wonder how many bottles go to waste not even being drank.....

There are Standard View rooms at the Beach Club Resort. As @PCFriar80 stated ther are NOT Standard View Villas at the Beach Club Villas. Clarify with the person you are negotiating with. That is a red flag to me. She can not rent you a Standard View Villa
Idk if I can mention the company on here so all I’ll say is it’s a very well known rental agency. I’ll email her and ask her to clarify.

Idk if I can mention the company on here so all I’ll say is it’s a very well known rental agency. I’ll email her and ask her to clarify.
I’m replying to myself but that’s okay lol. She said all villas at beach club are standard view?

Purchasing water in Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass

Mission for someone there now (or soon)-

What is available for bottled water (cases of water bottles and gallons of water) in the resort gift shops for Yacht & Beach.

This is the info I have based on the latest reports (as of this summer)

Reports as of August 2017, the large cases of water are no longer available in the resort gift shops. Smaller quantities are still sold:
$3.99 for an 8 pack of 12 oz. bottles

Jan 2016: Case of 24 12 oz. bottles Dasani Water: $6.39
I will be checking-in to the BC in about 48 hours and plan on purchasing a small case of Dasani. I will report back what I find!

Yes, they are.
Ok thanks. I trust what our dvc contact said. She hasn’t pressured us into renting at all and she’s been very patient with us so far. We’ve been putting off renting for a couple of weeks to know for sure if we are going.

Ok thanks. I trust what our dvc contact said. She hasn’t pressured us into renting at all and she’s been very patient with us so far. We’ve been putting off renting for a couple of weeks to know for sure if we are going.

That is the reason all of the BCV rentals are at equal points based upon which type you choose. At the other resorts, the points vary based upon the view selected.

Oh wow lucky you - enjoy! I would definitely ask for a 'gazebo view' That's what I had requested for our last trip, if you get it facing towards Epcot you pretty much get a Lagoon View too. in the end we ended up getting upgraded to a proper Lagoon View room but if you look at my pics of our view (link in footer below) our view is only 3 doors up from a 'gazebo' garden view. Have a wonderful time!!

Thank you! That view looks amazing and I was already kind of looking at that gazebo view. Is it close to the lobby? The layout of Yacht Club is still unfamiliar to me!

I'll add you to the list and second the suggestion for "wedding gazebo view"

I'm so happy to be on the list! Thanks for the recommendation!

Hey guys! We are exactly 3 months out from our first BCV stay! I’m really looking forward to it!! We have been watching videos online, trying to make the wait not feel so long! I still have not put in a room/view request. I’m still not sure what to even request, or if it’s even necessary. What do you guys think?

Hey guys! We are exactly 3 months out from our first BCV stay! I’m really looking forward to it!! We have been watching videos online, trying to make the wait not feel so long! I still have not put in a room/view request. I’m still not sure what to even request, or if it’s even necessary. What do you guys think?

We always request close to main elevator and a pool view if possible. Some people prefer the quieter woods view but either way you wil have a great time. The only thing I don’t like is a long walk from elevators so that is our main request.

We always request close to main elevator and a pool view if possible. Some people prefer the quieter woods view but either way you wil have a great time. The only thing I don’t like is a long walk from elevators so that is our main request.

Thanks so much! I appreciate your feedback! I usually know exactly where I want to request, but I’m torn here. I do like the elevator request, because it does stink having to walk any farther after a long day at the parks!! Does the pool view put you a lot farther from the path to Epcot?

Thanks so much! I appreciate your feedback! I usually know exactly where I want to request, but I’m torn here. I do like the elevator request, because it does stink having to walk any farther after a long day at the parks!! Does the pool view put you a lot farther from the path to Epcot?
No not at all. Everyone walks out the same main door when heading for the Epcot path and that door is close to main elevators regardless of view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!