Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone else fantasize that they are going to be upgraded from a standard room to club level?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I have had this fantasy every year when we check into the deluxe resorts we stay in. Just too cheap to pay for the club level but would love to experience it:lovestruc

Wow! We paid (well, my husband's company paid) $25/night for valet parking which was steep, but to pay $24 for self-park is insane!

I also find it ridiculous that at a deluxe it's $24/night to park but at a value it's only $13/night to park. A parking spot is a parking spot. Disney is getting too money hungry lately. I love Disney and we are going this year but lately, the increases to what you are getting seem unfair.

There is an interesting recent update on overnight parking fees at Disney resorts, announced by Disney, yesterday. This is what now appears on the Disney parking info page:

The parking charge doesn't take effect until 3/21. The wording will probably change than.

The parking charge doesn't take effect until 3/21. The wording will probably change than.

There were several modifications to Disney's website this evening, and the resort overnight parking charges again are noted on the parking info page, as well as the amenities pages for all of the Disney resorts. For awhile, today, the complimentary parking for Disney resort guests was missing from the parks' parking policies, but then was added back awhile later.

It looks like Disney IT has had a busy day!

Disney is getting too money hungry lately.

Well, they need to raise more money so that they can pay more cast members to bang on our doors in the middle of the afternoon for security checks.

Edit: I remember when Magical Express was introduced. There were articles saying that Disney was providing free transportation from the airport so that fewer Disney resort guests would get rental cars. If you don't have a rental car, you are less likely to leave Disney property to go to Universal, Sea World, restaurants or grocery stores. That means you will spend more days at Disney, and spend more money at Disney. I wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind the new parking fees. If it will cost you money to park at the hotel, maybe you won't get a rental car.

Last edited:
Hello! DH and I are staying at the BC for the first time this September in a Standard room. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can but there is ALOT of info about this resort.
Is there anyway to guarantee a King bed room, or can we just request it in a room request form?
Also, one of the big reasons we're staying there is SAB. We are 2 adults with no kids...are we going to be out of place there? DH is pretty excited about the lazy river lol
TIA!

My Wife and I usually stay the BC or YC. We always request a king bed and only once have we gotten it off the bat. I always call and request it, you cannot request it online. Usually when we get there and check in they tell us we have a 2 queen bed room and we ask for a king and they usually have one. Why they didn't give that to us in the first place I cannot figure out. One time we had to switch rooms the next day, but that was no big deal for us.

And we love SAB too. You will not be out of place.

Does anyone else fantasize that they are going to be upgraded from a standard room to club level?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I have had this fantasy every year when we check into the deluxe resorts we stay in. Just too cheap to pay for the club level but would love to experience it:lovestruc

I do. My colleague has been to Disney once and stayed at the BC. She was upgraded to the CL in July for a week. I have been to WDW 20+ times and never got upgraded, nor do I expect to, but a little pixie dust would be nice! Though we have had our fare share of pixie dust in the parks so I can't complain.

The only room upgrade we’ve ever received in 20ish stays was from YC SV to YC CL. And it was AMAZING! It was just DH and I down for a quick 2-night stay to celebrate my 40th birthday. Sadly, we had too much packed into that quick trip to really enjoy the lounge but it definitely spoiled us and now we’re always trying to find a way to make CL fit our budget!

Just returned from YC. 6 nights in a Deluxe room, club level. Room 4201. The rehabbed rooms are amazing. I want that double shower head in my bathroom! Very clean, though I did miss the ceiling fan. Mousekeeping was awesome. I called for robes and slippers and they were delivered within 30 minutes...I also requested that the room be cleaned before noon every day and it was. Had evening turn down service 2 out of the 6 nights. The club level lounge does seem to be a little small for the amount of people using it. I didn't like that we had to request liquor v.s. self serve, exception being evening cordials. We were at the BWI Club level in December and they had beer in the fridge every afternoon/evening. Wine was self serve too, wonder why the YC doesn't do it the same way. The club staff were certainly kept busy, making it hard to catch an eye to request a beer or glass of wine. I did see that certain foods that went quickly didn't get replaced quickly. We were fortunate enough to be able to grab one of the two outside balcony tables several times to enjoy the sun.

I think we're gonna move back to the BWI for our December trip. It's gonna be hard to go back to carpeting and the dreaded smelly shower curtain but the club level lounge just kicks butt over the YC. All and all, loved the YC/BC pool for people watching and Hurricane Hannah's is always a fun place to hang out. Tried many Flower and Garden booths, food was pretty good but the crazy price for the small beers kinda turned me off. Couldn't wait to get to Great Britain and Germany for a full size beer!

View attachment 308453 View attachment 308454 View attachment 308455 View attachment 308456 View attachment 308453 View attachment 308454 View attachment 308455 View attachment 308456

Crazyhorse, did your Deluxe CL room have a separation between the fold-out bed sleeping area and the bedroom? I'm asking because the photos that Disney has online show the couch in the same room with the beds...but from your photos it appears that the couch is in a separate little TV room that's separated from the bedroom by French doors. This is the setup we're looking for for a December trip, so I booked a Beach Club 1BR suite. But I would much rather have a newly renovated room with no carpet at the YC. Do my eyes deceive me or did you indeed have that separate area for the couch? And does anyone know if all Deluxe CL rooms at the YC are set up like this, or only some?

Crazyhorse, did your Deluxe CL room have a separation between the fold-out bed sleeping area and the bedroom? I'm asking because the photos that Disney has online show the couch in the same room with the beds...but from your photos it appears that the couch is in a separate little TV room that's separated from the bedroom by French doors. This is the setup we're looking for for a December trip, so I booked a Beach Club 1BR suite. But I would much rather have a newly renovated room with no carpet at the YC. Do my eyes deceive me or did you indeed have that separate area for the couch? And does anyone know if all Deluxe CL rooms at the YC are set up like this, or only some?

Yes, those french door do separate the bed area from the couch area. There is no TV in the couch area though. There are even french doors between the couch area and the sink area...it can be closed off quite nicely.

Well, they need to raise more money so that they can pay more cast members to bang on our doors in the middle of the afternoon for security checks.

Edit: I remember when Magical Express was introduced. There were articles saying that Disney was providing free transportation from the airport so that fewer Disney resort guests would get rental cars. If you don't have a rental car, you are less likely to leave Disney property to go to Universal, Sea World, restaurants or grocery stores. That means you will spend more days at Disney, and spend more money at Disney. I wonder if this was part of the reasoning behind the new parking fees. If it will cost you money to park at the hotel, maybe you won't get a rental car.

I think that’s exactly what this is intended to do. Renting a car is an extra expense already, so add to that an extra $175 or so to park, well, that wipes out any savings for eating offsite. Might as well stay put. We’re driving for the first time but we’ve already booked our room, so we won’t get hit with the fee this time around.

That makes sense. When I go I usually split between Deluxe & off site (or my friend's couch) so I can afford the days on site. Can't do that if you don't have a car!

We're still going in September, but this may be the end of my solo stays on property. For someone who goes 4-6 times a year and has to drive/have a car, this will really add up. :/ It's already gotten too expensive for me to bother staying at a moderate - they're not worth the price tag in my opinion (unlike YC).

Hi all! Quick question I should be able to find the answer to but can't......does the 2 bedroom suite at BC have 2 bathrooms? Thanks :)

Page 1170-1172

Does anyone know whether you could pick up your Magic Bands the day before check in (I guess this is not a specific BCV question but that is where we are staying) - we are international guests so our MBs can't be sent out to us. Would love to have it organised as our check in day is our first day in the park so would prefer to be able to go straight to Magic Kingdom. Would it be something I could call ahead to arrange? Thanks!

I didn't see if anyone replied to your question. I don't really know the answer.

Do you have a Magic Band from a previous trip? It is my understanding that you can use any band that is connected to your MDE account interchangably. So if you are checked into the resort, your package (tickets/dining) would appear in your account and on any Magic Bands you have without having to stop at the resort.

Does that sound right, people?

:scratchin

Great question. First, BWI club level has beer stocked in the fridge, v.s. having to ask for it at YC. Same for wine. They have small bottles of water to take to the parks, not the case at the YC. Nothing compares to a chef whipping up evening apps, but the ventilation isn't the best so it can get smoky in the club room. Granted, you don't have the cool pool at BWI, but we're old and I no longer should sit in the sun so the "normal" pool at BWI is fine with us. The trade off might be mitigated by the awesome rehabbed YC rooms; you've seen enough already...the BWI still has old carpeting and smelly shower curtains. It's all in what you want to trade off. All in all, the BWI club amenities outweigh that of the YC. Try both!

Thanks so much for this comparison. OK if I add this to the review section on Page 1, Post 16?

:goodvibes

Has the Easter activities been posted yet?

Not that I have seen- I'm not sure what will happen with the schedule since we usually don't see the activities until the first of the month, which happens to be Easter this year.

Last October, when I was walking through the Beach Club lobby on October 25, there was a poster up with the Halloween events.

If anyone sees the Easter activities posted, can you snap a picture and post it here or email it to me beachclubdee at yahoo. Thx!

:flower1:

Hi all! :)

May I ask - is Yacht Club more expensive than the Beach Club since refurb? Or are their rates usually about the same?

When was Beach Club's last refurb?

Thanks!

BC refurb was completed in Summer 2015.

I haven't done actual comparisons, but it seems to me like the Yacht Club rooms have been less expensive and have a greater availability than the Beach Club rooms recently.

:butterfly

Last edited:
Page 1173-1174

I was looking at some photos of the various views and saw some pretty ones overlooking the canal. Do boats move along the canal or is it just picturesque?

Just picturesque, I believe...

::yes::

Hello! DH and I are staying at the BC for the first time this September in a Standard room. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can but there is ALOT of info about this resort.
Is there anyway to guarantee a King bed room, or can we just request it in a room request form?
Also, one of the big reasons we're staying there is SAB. We are 2 adults with no kids...are we going to be out of place there? DH is pretty excited about the lazy river lol
TIA!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

No, there is no way to book/guarantee a room with a king bed. There aren't a lot at the Beach Club or Yacht Club. Best thing to do is follow the advice offered by jlh512- make the request for a king bed your first (and perhaps only) room request. If you don't get a room with a king bed when you checkin, go to the front desk to see if there is a room available with one during your stay.

My husband and I enjoyed Stormalong Bay during our anniversary trip in October 2016. Absolutely no issues being there as adults only.

For the record- there is only one time we felt uncomfortable being there without kids on that trip. We did the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise so we could watch Hallowishes from the water- we were the creepy adults there with no kids listening to the Jake & Neverland Pirates soundtrack surrounded by families.

:boat:

My Wife and I usually stay the BC or YC. We always request a king bed and only once have we gotten it off the bat. I always call and request it, you cannot request it online. Usually when we get there and check in they tell us we have a 2 queen bed room and we ask for a king and they usually have one. Why they didn't give that to us in the first place I cannot figure out. One time we had to switch rooms the next day, but that was no big deal for us.

And we love SAB too. You will not be out of place.

Great input! Thanks!

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for December.

:cool1:

Hi Dee,
Will you please add us for one night 9/21 BC before our cruise?
Thank you!!!
M.

Of course!

Sounds great. Which ship/itinerary?

:sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter