Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We did this and very much enjoyed it. It was so cool being on the water! When we did ours, I happened to get in with a group doing it which helped lower the cost. I'd never done anything like that...meeting up with complete strangers LOL, but they were a great group and I still correspond with the woman who arranged it all.
Called yesterday and they only have one boat that holds 10 people available for the date I am interested in. We have 15 people in my group, so now I don’t know what to do. I need to talk to my group and find out if they really are interested. Maybe only 10 people would want to go anyway. If it works out that my family of 4 are the only ones interested, a dessert party may be a better option. Decisions, decisions!

Hi all! :)

May I ask - is Yacht Club more expensive than the Beach Club since refurb? Or are their rates usually about the same?

When was Beach Club's last refurb?

Thanks!

Has the Easter activities been posted yet?
Around the 1st of each month, Dee usually posts the activities calendar for the YC/BC. You can check back on this thread, around that time.

Otherwise, here is what was on the Easter schedule last year.
April2017Easter.jpg

There is an interesting recent update on overnight parking fees at Disney resorts, announced by Disney, yesterday. This is what now appears on the Disney parking info page:
I'm seeing the same thing when I search it. Are they walking the new fees back?

There is an interesting recent update on overnight parking fees at Disney resorts, announced by Disney, yesterday. This is what now appears on the Disney parking info page:
Maybe they were just fixing up the wording or something - I still see the new resort overnight fees (just looked again) - go to the resort (I chose Poly), then choose "Amenities" tab, scroll down to "parking & transportation," click on the "read more." (Whew! What average person is going to go all that? When you book at Sheraton etc., they tell you the parking fee right when you choose a room.)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/polynesian-resort/services-amenities/

"Self-Parking
Effective for new reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee of $24 per night. All parking fees include applicable tax."

ETA: When you go to BC's amenities tab, the parking fee is there - no need to click on yet another 'read more' link.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/beach-club-resort/services-amenities/

Maybe they were just fixing up the wording or something - I still see the new resort overnight fees (just looked again) - go to the resort (I chose Poly), then choose "Amenities" tab, scroll down to "parking & transportation," click on the "read more." (Whew! What average person is going to go all that? When you book at Sheraton etc., they tell you the parking fee right when you choose a room.)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/polynesian-resort/services-amenities/

"Self-Parking
Effective for new reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee of $24 per night. All parking fees include applicable tax."

ETA: When you go to BC's amenities tab, the parking fee is there - no need to click on yet another 'read more' link.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/beach-club-resort/services-amenities/
Interesting....

"Self-Parking

Very strange. The wonderful Disney IT has struck again. :)

I was looking at some photos of the various views and saw some pretty ones overlooking the canal. Do boats move along the canal or is it just picturesque?

Hello! DH and I are staying at the BC for the first time this September in a Standard room. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can but there is ALOT of info about this resort.
Is there anyway to guarantee a King bed room, or can we just request it in a room request form?
Also, one of the big reasons we're staying there is SAB. We are 2 adults with no kids...are we going to be out of place there? DH is pretty excited about the lazy river lol
TIA!

Hello! DH and I are staying at the BC for the first time this September in a Standard room. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can but there is ALOT of info about this resort.
Is there anyway to guarantee a King bed room, or can we just request it in a room request form?
Also, one of the big reasons we're staying there is SAB. We are 2 adults with no kids...are we going to be out of place there? DH is pretty excited about the lazy river lol
TIA!

You will NOT be out of place at all. DH and I love SAB and we are two adults in our early 30s. I mostly spend my time floating around and around in the lazy river, while DH goes down the slide over and over.

You will NOT be out of place at all. DH and I love SAB and we are two adults in our early 30s. I mostly spend my time floating around and around in the lazy river, while DH goes down the slide over and over.
Oh that's so good to hear! We love to swim and I'm sure in September we're going to need some cooling off time in the pool!

Oh that's so good to hear! We love to swim and I'm sure in September we're going to need some cooling off time in the pool!

Yes! We were at The YC last year in September, and will be at BCV this September, SAB was a welcomed reprieve from the heat that we will certainly be taking full advantage of again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter