Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Only 1 week until I drag a group of 49 students, teachers, parents, and teachers' children on the ultimate school field trip for Disney's Youth Education Series and Festival Disney! ... all inspired by our very own Dee. :yay:

Of course, we're staying at Pop and not BC, but I've added two extra nights at CSR for me and my DS(8) to stay behind after the rest of the group goes back home. I'll need time to recover from the the mass craziness of 5 jam-packed days! During that time, I have two reservations at Cape May (one for dinner, one for breakfast) because we just can't stay away from BC for very long.

I'm so very excited to share Disney with my school family. The majority of them have never been to WDW, and some have never been on any kind of vacation, so this will be extra super special. Also super excited to go back "home" at BC, even if it's just for a couple of visits. :goodvibes

~Cari~ pluto:

P.S. Lever 2000 aloe & cucumber... try it and let me know if you smell a little "Beach Club" too

Only 1 week until I drag a group of 49 students, teachers, parents, and teachers' children on the ultimate school field trip for Disney's Youth Education Series and Festival Disney! ... all inspired by our very own Dee. :yay:

Of course, we're staying at Pop and not BC, but I've added two extra nights at CSR for me and my DS(8) to stay behind after the rest of the group goes back home. I'll need time to recover from the the mass craziness of 5 jam-packed days! During that time, I have two reservations at Cape May (one for dinner, one for breakfast) because we just can't stay away from BC for very long.

I'm so very excited to share Disney with my school family. The majority of them have never been to WDW, and some have never been on any kind of vacation, so this will be extra super special. Also super excited to go back "home" at BC, even if it's just for a couple of visits. :goodvibes

~Cari~ pluto:

P.S. Lever 2000 aloe & cucumber... try it and let me know if you smell a little "Beach Club" too

Wishing your group a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:woohoo:

~Cari~ pluto:

I am using that soap right now and it’s does smell like our beloved BC :)

It will be the trip of a lifetime for some of those kids. They are lucky to have a teacher willing to do this for them. I hope everyone has a great time. :)

We can't seem to stay away from the Beach Club when we stay at other resorts. We usually stop by for a visit. ::yes::

Last edited:
Yes, we were there last week and I requested a box fan for our room. I called in the morning (after our first night) and requested it when I also requested service before 1:00 pm. I asked whether we needed to be there for it to be delivered and was told we did not -- just make sure the "room occupied" tag was not on the door. When DH and I came back to our room around 1:30 for a little break, the room was serviced and the fan was there. I don't know how many fans they have, but we got one!
Thank You good to know

~Cari~ pluto:

Just had to chime in and say how awesome (if exhausting!) that sounds. Wishing you all the pixie dust WDW can send your way!!! :tinker:

Honestly, we weren’t impressed. We found that this club level can’t begin to compare to that of the BWI club level.

What makes the BWI club level so much better than the YC? I am staying at the YC for the first time this September and have never stayed at BWI. We were debating on which one to stay at but ultimately decided on YC because of the pool. Thanks

What makes the BWI club level so much better than the YC? I am staying at the YC for the first time this September and have never stayed at BWI. We were debating on which one to stay at but ultimately decided on YC because of the pool. Thanks

We were upgraded to CL at YC this past December and while it was nice to have the convenience, it's not something I would say is worth the premium. Although I've never CL at BWI, the consensus seems to be that it is a cut above almost all other resorts, save RPC @ the GF.

We were upgraded to CL at YC this past December and while it was nice to have the convenience, it's not something I would say is worth the premium. Although I've never CL at BWI, the consensus seems to be that it is a cut above almost all other resorts, save RPC @ the GF.

Thanks for your reply. We stayed club level at the poly and loved it! The Hawaii longhouse was the perfect location and size and everything was really convenient. I’m worried our expectations are too high for YC club lol.

Great question. First, BWI club level has beer stocked in the fridge, v.s. having to ask for it at YC. Same for wine. They have small bottles of water to take to the parks, not the case at the YC. Nothing compares to a chef whipping up evening apps, but the ventilation isn't the best so it can get smoky in the club room. Granted, you don't have the cool pool at BWI, but we're old and I no longer should sit in the sun so the "normal" pool at BWI is fine with us. The trade off might be mitigated by the awesome rehabbed YC rooms; you've seen enough already...the BWI still has old carpeting and smelly shower curtains. It's all in what you want to trade off. All in all, the BWI club amenities outweigh that of the YC. Try both!

Last edited:
Great question. First, BWI club level has beer stocked in the fridge, v.s. having to ask for it at YC. Same for wine. They have small bottles of water to take to the parks, not the case at the YC. Nothing compares to a chef whipping up evening apps, but the ventilation isn't the best so it can get smoky in the club room. Granted, you don't have the cool pool at BWI, but we're old and I no longer should sit in the sun so the "normal" pool at BWI is fine with us. The trade off might be mitigated by the awesome rehabbed YC rooms; you've seen enough already...the BWI still has old carpeting and smelly shower curtains. It's all in what you want to trade off. All in all, the BWI club amenities out way that of the YC. Try both!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!! We have young kids so the pool is top priority to them lol and ultimately why we chose YC, well the pool and the new rooms!!

Overnight parking fees are coming, to be charged on vehicles parking overnight at resorts. There will be exemptions for DVC members staying on points. No mention is made for passholder exemption, nor of starting date for new charge.

Valet parking fees are also being increased.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/breaking-...charging-resort-guests-for-overnight-parking/

Details: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
I saw this today. I find this to be ridiculous!

I saw this today. I find this to be ridiculous!

I understand all the area hotels charge for parking and that perhaps Disney wants to discourage renting so that guests don't travel offsite.

Someone on the main resorts board asked about Yacht Club pillows.

I apologize if this was covered, but I can't seem to find in a search. Does anyone know where you can purchase the bed pillows used at the Yacht Club? We always stay club level at Yacht & Beach resorts and the last time we stayed at Yacht was after the rooms were renovated. The mattress and pillows were excellent. I know where you can purchase the mattresses from Simmons hospitality online... but can't find what kind of pillows they were. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Are they the same ones that the Beach Club has?

Pillows and Blankets, 2017

Pillows: Sobella soft, Sahara Nights firm

Sobellux Velour Blankets

:cat:

I understand all the area hotels charge for parking and that perhaps Disney wants to discourage renting so that guests don't travel offsite.
Well that's pretty flipping stupid on their part.
If anything, this will cause me to stay offsite where my $400 per night will go much further. And there are some very, very nice resorts around Disney that are much cheaper per night.
Yacht Club, Beach Club, GF, we may have to say goodbye. Swan and Dolphin are looking more attractive but not by much since they have a Resort Fee added.

Oh Disney why did you do this?

Well that's pretty flipping stupid on their part.
If anything, this will cause me to stay offsite where my $400 per night will go much further. And there are some very, very nice resorts around Disney that are much cheaper per night.
Yacht Club, Beach Club, GF, we may have to say goodbye. Swan and Dolphin are looking more attractive but not by much since they have a Resort Fee added.

Oh Disney why did you do this?
You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Don’t know if anyone on this thread would know the answer to this, but I thought I would try here first. I have been doing some research on the fireworks cruise that leaves out of the yacht club to watch illuminations. Has anyone had any experience with that? If so, is it worth the money, or is it just as good to walk over by the international gateway and watch from there? This will be our first stay at BC, so I actually don’t even know if it is possible to watch from the international gateway either. I am looking into something special to do on our first night and this seemed like something to look into.

We did this and very much enjoyed it. It was so cool being on the water! When we did ours, I happened to get in with a group doing it which helped lower the cost. I'd never done anything like that...meeting up with complete strangers LOL, but they were a great group and I still correspond with the woman who arranged it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter