Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Another Massachusetts girl here, I'm from Pepperell just south of Nashua, NH :goodvibes The meteorologists are now saying most of the area will be getting another 12 to 18 inches from late Monday through most of Tuesday :eek: Stay safe everyone :wave2:
I am just outside of Philly. Looks like we are missing it except for rain/snow mix. I am over this, three storms in less then two weeks. Good Luck!!

Just returned from YC. 6 nights in a Deluxe room, club level. Room 4201. The rehabbed rooms are amazing. I want that double shower head in my bathroom! Very clean, though I did miss the ceiling fan. Mousekeeping was awesome. I called for robes and slippers and they were delivered within 30 minutes...I also requested that the room be cleaned before noon every day and it was. Had evening turn down service 2 out of the 6 nights. The club level lounge does seem to be a little small for the amount of people using it. I didn't like that we had to request liquor v.s. self serve, exception being evening cordials. We were at the BWI Club level in December and they had beer in the fridge every afternoon/evening. Wine was self serve too, wonder why the YC doesn't do it the same way. The club staff were certainly kept busy, making it hard to catch an eye to request a beer or glass of wine. I did see that certain foods that went quickly didn't get replaced quickly. We were fortunate enough to be able to grab one of the two outside balcony tables several times to enjoy the sun.

I think we're gonna move back to the BWI for our December trip. It's gonna be hard to go back to carpeting and the dreaded smelly shower curtain but the club level lounge just kicks butt over the YC. All and all, loved the YC/BC pool for people watching and Hurricane Hannah's is always a fun place to hang out. Tried many Flower and Garden booths, food was pretty good but the crazy price for the small beers kinda turned me off. Couldn't wait to get to Great Britain and Germany for a full size beer!

View attachment 308453 View attachment 308454 View attachment 308455 View attachment 308456 View attachment 308453 View attachment 308454 View attachment 308455 View attachment 308456
We are headed there in May. Can I ask what was served in the evenings? Hot/cold apps

Don’t know if anyone on this thread would know the answer to this, but I thought I would try here first. I have been doing some research on the fireworks cruise that leaves out of the yacht club to watch illuminations. Has anyone had any experience with that? If so, is it worth the money, or is it just as good to walk over by the international gateway and watch from there? This will be our first stay at BC, so I actually don’t even know if it is possible to watch from the international gateway either. I am looking into something special to do on our first night and this seemed like something to look into.

Don’t know if anyone on this thread would know the answer to this, but I thought I would try here first. I have been doing some research on the fireworks cruise that leaves out of the yacht club to watch illuminations. Has anyone had any experience with that? If so, is it worth the money, or is it just as good to walk over by the international gateway and watch from there? This will be our first stay at BC, so I actually don’t even know if it is possible to watch from the international gateway either. I am looking into something special to do on our first night and this seemed like something to look into.
If you don't mind staking out your spot about one hour before Illuminations starts, find a place on the bridge just to your right, after entering EPCOT from the International Gateway. When standing on the bridge, above the canal entrance, you will see the fireworks cruise boats park right below you, starting about 10-15 before showtime. There are usually quite a few that pull up there.

Basically, watching from the bridge is the same view, at no extra cost! The major difference is that guests on the boats can sit and enjoy their snacks, while watching the show.

The time when it might be worth booking the cruise would be during those super busy, peak crowd times, such as Spring Break, Winter Break, or on holidays.

If you don't want the extra expense for the cruise, there should not be any problem finding a good spot; anywhere on the bridge will give you a good view.

If you don't mind staking out your spot about one hour before Illuminations starts, find a place on the bridge just to your right, after entering EPCOT from the International Gateway. When standing on the bridge, above the canal entrance, you will see the fireworks cruise boats park right below you, starting about 10-15 before showtime. There are usually quite a few that pull up there.

Basically, watching from the bridge is the same view, at no extra cost! The major difference is that guests on the boats can sit and enjoy their snacks, while watching the show.

The time when it might be worth booking the cruise would be during those super busy, peak crowd times, such as Spring Break, Winter Break, or on holidays.

If you don't want the extra expense for the cruise, there should not be any problem finding a good spot; anywhere on the bridge will give you a good view.
Thanks for the info!!!

There are a couple of descriptions/reviews from guests who have done the Illuminations cruise on Page 1, Post 5 of this thread (look for the Marina info to find the links).

Simple snacks are provided as part of the price of the cruise. You can bring aboard food for the show if you wish.

I will often watch the show from the bridge between UK/France- unless it is a super-busy time of year, I have been able to watch from there without having to grab a space far in advance. I love this location, because it is super quick to get back to the Yacht & Beach after the show ends. I believe this is essentially the same view as the Illuminations cruise boat passengers have.

I haven't done the cruise, or watched Illuminations from the IG. Are you talking about entering the park, or watching without going in? I have watched the fireworks from the bridge between BC and BW. You can see some comments/suggestions about seeing the fireworks from the resort on Page 1, Post 13, I believe.

:sail:

Last edited:
There are a couple of descriptions/reviews from guests who have done the Illuminations cruise on Page 1, Post 5 of this thread (look for the Marina info to find the links).

Simple snacks are provided as part of the price of the cruise. You can bring aboard food for the show if you wish.

I will often watch the show from the bridge between UK/France- unless it is a super-busy time of year, I have been able to watch from there without having to grab a space far in advance. I love this location, because it is super quick to get back to the Yacht & Beach after the show ends. I believe this is essentially the same view as the Illuminations cruise boat passengers have.

I haven't done the cruise, or watched Illuminations from the IG. Are you talking about entering the park, or watching without going in? I have watched the fireworks from the bridge between BC and BW. You can see some comments/suggestions about seeing the fireworks from the resort on Page 1, Post 13, I believe.

:sail:
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check out those posts. The night I was thinking about doing the cruise, we wouldn’t be entering the park. I was thinking about doing this on our arrival day when we aren’t planning to use a park ticket.

Question on toiletries- a recent guest staying club level had sunscreen as part of the toiletries provided. Can someone who is there now or was there in the past week report on what the standard rooms have for offerings?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Question on toiletries- a recent guest staying club level had sunscreen as part of the toiletries provided. Can someone who is there now or was there in the past week report on what the standard rooms have for offerings?

Thanks!

We just returned Saturday from a standard room and when we checked in, there was soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, aloe, mouthwash, and a small box with q-tips, etc in. They replaced the lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and soap daily, but not the aloe. We also left a $5 tip each day, so maybe that's why they got replaced?

Last edited:
We just returned Saturday from a standard club level room and when we checked in, there was soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, aloe, mouthwash, and a small box with q-tips, etc in. They replaced the lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and soap daily, but not the aloe. We also left a $5 tip each day, so maybe that's why they got replaced?

Thanks for your reply, and :welcome: to posting on this thread!

I have very short hair so I'm probably not the best to answer since I can dry my hair in 30 seconds LOL. That said, they did seem pretty powerful to me.
Good cause mine is too short fine and thin, but I need some power to blow it up.. lol

Also can you request a fan in your room?:flower1:

Yes, we were there last week and I requested a box fan for our room. I called in the morning (after our first night) and requested it when I also requested service before 1:00 pm. I asked whether we needed to be there for it to be delivered and was told we did not -- just make sure the "room occupied" tag was not on the door. When DH and I came back to our room around 1:30 for a little break, the room was serviced and the fan was there. I don't know how many fans they have, but we got one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter