Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have photos of the beach or yacht club deluxe rooms? I know they are considered club level rooms and are slightly larger than a std size room, just trying to figure out if the size difference is worth the extra money. Thanks!

For fun: Here's your chance to get Yacht Club furniture (pre-reno) at 20% off! :)

(Ebay has 20% off - restrictions apply -today 8am-8pm pacific time. Min $25 max $500 purchase. Use code PSPRING20. (I'm not the seller - just saw this and thought we'd enjoy. Probably restrictions and high freight shipping charges to watch for.) code link: https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Yacht day bed:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Ya...638622?hash=item2391c7b0de:g:OKIAAOSw1F1ZzsN5

And Yacht chair w/ottoman:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Red-Anchor-Chair-With-Ottoman-Guest-Room-Prop-WDW/382229867517?_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=49918&meid=c8a1316db78a46cbaa5eef2971823890&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=152720036167&itm=382229867517&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982#shpCntId

Where did they get it all to begin with?

Does anyone have photos of the beach or yacht club deluxe rooms? I know they are considered club level rooms and are slightly larger than a std size room, just trying to figure out if the size difference is worth the extra money. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you have or will book at the Y&BC.

:cool1:

I have a link with some pictures of the Deluxe Rooms (as well as the suites) at YC & BC that previous guests have posted.

The last couple of pages of these threads have some pictures of renovated deluxe rooms.

Thank you so much for the welcome and for the information! The deluxe room at the yacht club looks really spacious! I’ve never stayed at the yacht or beach club and am really excited to.

We booked a std club level room and I was trying to figure out if the size difference between std and deluxe is worth the extra money.
However, I just realized I can’t book a deluxe because we will have 6 people(2adults, 3kids,1infant) and the max is 5. Which is crazy because the room is so much larger and would be better for us! We would actually be able to move around especially since we will have a portable crib.
Thanks again for your help!

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you have or will book at the Y&BC.

:cool1:

I have a link with some pictures of the Deluxe Rooms (as well as the suites) at YC & BC that previous guests have posted.

The last couple of pages of these threads have some pictures of renovated deluxe rooms.

Last edited:

Is there lots of places in the shade at SAB or umbrella chairs? I recently had skin cancer and need shade.:beach:

Is there lots of places in the shade at SAB or umbrella chairs? I recently had skin cancer and need shade.:beach:

There are some tables with umbrellas at SAB- most of them are over on the YC side, I believe. Not sure how quickly they are reserved.

One place inside the pool area that is covered is the gazebo-type thing near Hurricane Hanna's. You have to climb stairs and are not super-close to the pool, but it is shaded and there is usually available seating there. It's my super-secret place to go if I can't find empty chairs. During my last visit (Oct 2016), there was a pool table up there, too.

::yes::

There are some tables with umbrellas at SAB- most of them are over on the YC side, I believe. Not sure how quickly they are reserved.

One place inside the pool area that is covered is the gazebo-type thing near Hurricane Hanna's. You have to climb stairs and are not super-close to the pool, but it is shaded and there is usually available seating there. It's my super-secret place to go if I can't find empty chairs. During my last visit (Oct 2016), there was a pool table up there, too.

I wish they would put out more umbrellas

On the YC side, there are several trees, so there is a bit more shade there. And there are lounge chairs along the hotel walkway that are shaded later in the day. The shaded areas change as the day goes on & the sun moves, of course.

What an amazing trip!!! Out of all the Disney hotels we had stayed at, this one feels the most like “home”. We will be back again for sure. So happy the water slide opened for our last afternoon.

We have an early tragical Express tomorrow... if anyone is here now reading this I will leave our refillable popcorn bucket, some rider swaps, glow sticks, sunscreen and a balloon on the table of 4th floor DVC elevator landing tomorrow AM.

Thank you so much for the welcome and for the information! The deluxe room at the yacht club looks really spacious! I’ve never stayed at the yacht or beach club and am really excited to.

We booked a std club level room and I was trying to figure out if the size difference between std and deluxe is worth the extra money.
However, I just realized I can’t book a deluxe because we will have 6 people(2adults, 3kids,1infant) and the max is 5. Which is crazy because the room is so much larger and would be better for us! We would actually be able to move around especially since we will have a portable crib.
Standard rooms only sleep five also, some four since not all rooms have a daybed. I have never been in a deluxe room and don’t know the configuration, but an infant doesn’t count in the room occupancy so if the deluxe room sleeps five you can book that.

Standard rooms only sleep five also, some four since not all rooms have a daybed. I have never been in a deluxe room and don’t know the configuration, but an infant doesn’t count in the room occupancy so if the deluxe room sleeps five you can book that.

I just checked to see what the Disney reservations page says about room occupancy in the Beach and Yacht Club Deluxe Rooms (disclaimer- I don't entirely trust the info on these pages as I know some of it has been incorrect in the past)

According to the booking page, the BC Deluxe CL rooms can accommodate up to 5 adults, which means you would be able to book it for your group. The YC Deluxe CL rooms are listed for 4 adults.

I always thought the Deluxe Rooms were ok for families of 5, and as far as I know, the infant (under age 3) would not count towards room occupancy.

I guess what I'm saying is if you want this type of room, try booking it to see if you can get a price.

Related question: The Beach Club 1 Bedroom is now listed with a room occupancy of up to 4 adults (previously, I think only families of 3 could book these). Anyone have any insight on this? Different bedding configuration since the remodel?

:scratchin

Related question: The Beach Club 1 Bedroom is now listed with a room occupancy of up to 4 adults (previously, I think only families of 3 could book these). Anyone have any insight on this? Different bedding configuration since the remodel? :scratchin

I assume you're talking about some kind of suite in the Beach Club hotel, rather than a 1-bedroom villa at Beach Club Villas. I have no suite info.

Page 1166-67

Playing catchup once again!

In my defense, we lost power for a couple of days so I was practicing the Colonial skills I need for my work at the museum/farm.

Yay, another storm on the horizon for Monday/Tuesday!

:cold:

We just got back from our stay. We did get the "upgrade" to a Lagoon view room, which was nice. We are used to the Contemporary so the Yacht Club feels huge!! Our room was on the back side of the resort (2049) which I actually came to like as we could go out the "back door" to the docks instead of having to walk all the way through the hallways if we wanted to go to Epcot/DHS/the pool.

I really liked the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot/boat to DHS but lordy, the soundproofing is horrible at the Yacht Club. We don't usually go for rope drop but we never managed to sleep past 7:30 am due to loud neighbors or the housekeepers yelling at each other in the hallways bright and early. Having the connecting door probably didn't help, because our neighbor was up at 6:30 am on speaker phone and we could hear every word!

We didn't have any issues with unexpected room checks. I think housekeeping was kind of lacking, we found a bag of skittles behind the daybed from a previous guest, and toys (not ours) and dust bunnies under the bed. Every time we came back to our room midday there would be a huge bag of dirty towels right next to our door, but no housekeepers in our room or in sight.

The kids loved the pool, although it was too cold for me! My only "complaint" was that the slide was being refurbished at Stormalong Bay, so the kids didn't get to use it. Some people got bused over to Luna Park, but we didn't find out about this option until our last day, when it was too cold to swim. The slide was down already when we got there, but they didn't put up the sign offering shuttle service until Saturday or Sunday, so we didn't know it was an option. The kids loved the whirlpool though so that kept them busy.

Thanks so much for reporting back on your stay. Do you have any pictures of the view from your room?

I'm glad that the room upgrade stuck. Sorry to hear about the room noise. Definitely a concern after the room refurbs at the YC. Also sorry to hear about the lack of communication letting guests know about the slide and the option of being transported to the BW clown slide.

:sad2:

I've been pouring over this thread at all the updates since my last stay. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it! So helpful! I used to be DVC at BCV when it first opened but had to sell due to financial issues of my daughters at the time. I still get a lump in my throat when I think about it. Seriously. It breaks my heart. Anyway, I usually rent points now when we go but this is short notice by DVC standards so I booked a regular room. I first booked Yacht Club but wow, not really feeling the new renovation. Seems a bit cold and sterile. Just switched to Beach Club. I could've sworn BC wasn't offered on this promotion when I booked YC, but just happened to check again and it's there now?? Booked a pool/lagoon view. The only thing I'm worried about is the chance of not having a full balcony. What are the chances of getting a full balcony if I sent a faxed request? Oh, going from June 2nd - 8th!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I agree that the lack of full balconies in all rooms at the Beach Club is frustrating! In addition to faxing in the request for a full balcony, make sure that the request is added to your reservation by calling into Disney Central Reservations office.

Thanks so much for reporting back on your stay. Do you have any pictures of the view from your room?

Yes! Room 2049

lItCTfC.jpg

dQ7PDmY.jpg

tG2w3tC.jpg

Thank you so much for the reply and the information. I just tried to book a deluxe yacht but wasn’t able to, so the information you found online must be accurate. It does however seem silly to me that a larger room would have a lower occupancy. The extra room would be really nice for my family!

I just checked to see what the Disney reservations page says about room occupancy in the Beach and Yacht Club Deluxe Rooms (disclaimer- I don't entirely trust the info on these pages as I know some of it has been incorrect in the past)

According to the booking page, the BC Deluxe CL rooms can accommodate up to 5 adults, which means you would be able to book it for your group. The YC Deluxe CL rooms are listed for 4 adults.

I always thought the Deluxe Rooms were ok for families of 5, and as far as I know, the infant (under age 3) would not count towards room occupancy.

I guess what I'm saying is if you want this type of room, try booking it to see if you can get a price.

Related question: The Beach Club 1 Bedroom is now listed with a room occupancy of up to 4 adults (previously, I think only families of 3 could book these). Anyone have any insight on this? Different bedding configuration since the remodel?

:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter