Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The pool hours were 10am-8pm when we arrived February 28th and they’re the same now on March 4th. I’d guess that was true for all of February and March?

There are still lockers in the pool area. I haven’t had a chance to pop into the shower area yet.

But the quiet pool’s hours are posted as 7:00 to 11:00. We prefer the quiet pools and hot tub, so checked on our first morning. Unfortunately, even for this Michigan girl, it’s been too chilly to use the pools.

We just got back from our stay. We did get the "upgrade" to a Lagoon view room, which was nice. We are used to the Contemporary so the Yacht Club feels huge!! Our room was on the back side of the resort (2049) which I actually came to like as we could go out the "back door" to the docks instead of having to walk all the way through the hallways if we wanted to go to Epcot/DHS/the pool.

I really liked the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot/boat to DHS but lordy, the soundproofing is horrible at the Yacht Club. We don't usually go for rope drop but we never managed to sleep past 7:30 am due to loud neighbors or the housekeepers yelling at each other in the hallways bright and early. Having the connecting door probably didn't help, because our neighbor was up at 6:30 am on speaker phone and we could hear every word!

We didn't have any issues with unexpected room checks. I think housekeeping was kind of lacking, we found a bag of skittles behind the daybed from a previous guest, and toys (not ours) and dust bunnies under the bed. Every time we came back to our room midday there would be a huge bag of dirty towels right next to our door, but no housekeepers in our room or in sight.

The kids loved the pool, although it was too cold for me! My only "complaint" was that the slide was being refurbished at Stormalong Bay, so the kids didn't get to use it. Some people got bused over to Luna Park, but we didn't find out about this option until our last day, when it was too cold to swim. The slide was down already when we got there, but they didn't put up the sign offering shuttle service until Saturday or Sunday, so we didn't know it was an option. The kids loved the whirlpool though so that kept them busy.

the soundproofing is horrible at the Yacht Club. We don't usually go for rope drop but we never managed to sleep past 7:30 am due to loud neighbors or the housekeepers yelling at each other in the hallways bright and early. Having the connecting door probably didn't help, because our neighbor was up at 6:30 am on speaker phone and we could hear every word!

I experienced the same thing. Anytime our resort neighbors used any water, it sounded like a tsunami or something. I don't think this is a Yacht and Beach Club thing -it's probably the norm with all of the "newer" construction hotels (that, and the smaller square footage).

The noise issue is definitely worse at the YC since the remodel. The carpet in the halls & rooms used to absorb much of the sound coming from the hall & connecting room. Now that sound just bounces off the floor & there is nothing to muffle it.

There were a few mornings that it sounded like the housekeepers were right in our room. When I looked out our peephole I would see 2 or 3 housekeepers standing across the hall from our room. Their voices were amplified by the hard surfaces of the walls, doors & floors & bounced right under the door. I know lots of people are thrilled with not having carpets, but this is drawback #1 about hard floors in my book.

Are the rooms over the Cape May Cafe generally loud or avoided if possible?
We were directly above Cape May (and close to Beaches & Cream - our room looked out over their roof. Never heard anything from the restaurants. (Actually we could hear use of service elevators - I think they were 1 room past our room.) We did hear the pool activities but we liked that.
We would smell seafood if out on the balcony once in awhile in the late afternoon. We were 3rd floor I think (club level was above us.) The seafood smell wasn't strong: I think if you were above us in club level it wouldn't be noticeable.

Last edited:

I never understand how people are always so loud in the hallways... we have always taught our son to be courteous at hotels and treat guests as you would want to be treated (no yelling in the hallways, jumping on the floors, running in the hallways, etc).

That is how my parents raised my brother and I. People are sleeping and relaxing in their rooms, given them the same courtesy :)

Staying at Beach Club for the first time this year. Was considering upgrading our room to Club level. Anyone ever done this? Where are the rooms located? Did you like it? We've only stayed club level at GF and it rocked.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

All of the regular club level rooms are on the 5th floor of the Beach Club.

You may be aware that not all of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies- it is about 50% of non-club level rooms. Most, but not all of the BC Club Level rooms (closer to 75%) have a full balcony.

I enjoy staying club level, mostly for the quick, convenient breakfast offerings. The evening appetizers have really been stepped up from my first stays in 2009 and 2010, but we are not usually around the resort at that time of day.

Whether the switch to club level is worth it is a very subjective opinion. Page 1, Post 12 of this thread has more info on the club levels specific to the Beach and Yacht clubs.

:goodvibes

Are the rooms over the Cape May Cafe generally loud or avoided if possible?

I'm confused. I thought you were staying Beach Club Villas, not Beach Club. Beach Club Villas rooms are nowhere near Cape May Cafe. Different building.

:welcome: back to the thread. Do you have an upcoming stay booked?

:thumbsup2

From the "Other Useful Info" Post 14 on Page 1- here is an answer along with pictures of the journey

Are the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club connected?

No. Yes. Kind of...

There is a corridor that will take you from the BC lobby to the YC lobby. Some of it is inside, some of it is open to the outside, but the entire route is covered.

From the Yacht Club lobby, you walk inside until you reach Yachtsman's Steakhouse, then you have to exit. You walk outside on a covered walkway, past the hair salon, exercise room & Beaches & Cream. Then you go back inside into the Beach Club, on the far side of Cape May, around the hallway & into the BC lobby. You will be protected from rain, unless there is a real downpour with lots of wind.

In September 2014, Wood Nymph timed the walk from the YC lobby to the BC Marketplace: 5 minutes ETA: natebenma got the same results, 5 minutes, in August 2015.

Walk from Beach Club lobby to Yacht Club lobby

Thank you for the reply. Sadly, no trip any time soon.

Staying at Beach Club for the first time this year. Was considering upgrading our room to Club level. Anyone ever done this? Where are the rooms located? Did you like it? We've only stayed club level at GF and it rocked.
We have stayed cl at BC and really enjoy it. The morning choices are great for breakfast, snacks out during the afternoon and hot apps/salads out through dinner time. Desserts are out late night. Beer, wine and soda are included. We also do not do the dining plan when we stay club level. This trip we are staying YC CL.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

All of the regular club level rooms are on the 5th floor of the Beach Club.

You may be aware that not all of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies- it is about 50% of non-club level rooms. Most, but not all of the BC Club Level rooms (closer to 75%) have a full balcony.

I enjoy staying club level, mostly for the quick, convenient breakfast offerings. The evening appetizers have really been stepped up from my first stays in 2009 and 2010, but we are not usually around the resort at that time of day.

Whether the switch to club level is worth it is a very subjective opinion. Page 1, Post 12 of this thread has more info on the club levels specific to the Beach and Yacht clubs.

Thank you! We're traveling in December.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's going to be the right fit for us. We're usually Boardwalk people but it's on my bucket list to try every hotel on property. So I'm branching out.

We have stayed cl at BC and really enjoy it. The morning choices are great for breakfast, snacks out during the afternoon and hot apps/salads out through dinner time. Desserts are out late night. Beer, wine and soda are included. We also do not do the dining plan when we stay club level. This trip we are staying YC CL.

I've only done the dining plan once when I traveled with friends. And never really thought we got our money's worth out of it. And when we've stayed club level in the past I know it's not worth the expense. I think I may sit on it for another week or so and then upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts