Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Pool Questions-

I'm going to try to keep up with posting the pool hours on Page 1- Can anyone let me know what the pool hours at Stormalong Bay were for February and what they are for March?

Also- are there lockers in the "new" shower rooms? Do they lock? Are the lockers still there in the pool area near Beaches & Cream?

TIA!

:fish:

The pool hours were 10am-8pm when we arrived February 28th and they’re the same now on March 4th. I’d guess that was true for all of February and March?

There are still lockers in the pool area. I haven’t had a chance to pop into the shower area yet.

The pool hours were 10am-8pm when we arrived February 28th and they’re the same now on March 4th. I’d guess that was true for all of February and March?

There are still lockers in the pool area. I haven’t had a chance to pop into the shower area yet.

Perfect!

Thank you so much!

:thanks:

Page 1160-1161

We are here now in 2102. It has a wet bar.,refrigerator, large coffee table and a king bed and two small clothes closets. Bathroom only has a shower, no tub. This is at the Yacht Club. Have not seen a single dog at all. This is fine for two adults. There is also a queen pull out sofa bed.

Sounds like an awesome room!

Any chance you have pictures of the room and/or the view that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

:goodvibes

Just stayed at BC for Princess Half Marathon Weekend. We have had trips booked here, but always ended up at a different resort for some reason or another. OMG, I loved it. It’s now in my top 3 favorite resorts.

I had a standard room booked and was upgraded to a garden view. Room 3584 did not have a full balcony, but I didn’t care about one. We faced Epcot overlooking a wooded area. It was very quiet during the day, but the fireworks were LOUD! It didn’t bother me. However, the early morning races can be another story. The 10K woke my daughter up because she could hear all the music and the announcers at 4am. She was not a happy girl. I ran all three races so I don’t know first hand just how loud it was. Just thought I would give some warning LOL!

I had a room only reservation and paid the balance off in January. When I arrived I was told I had an exorbitant balance due. I nearly fainted. After some research by the front desk they figured out that when I was upgraded that something wasn’t overridden and it wiped out my all my payment information. They fixed it and all was good again!

Thanks so much for letting us know about your stay, especially the info about the location during racing weekends. If you have pictures of your view, I would love to see them.

:thumbsup2

I was down the hall from you in Room 3520 facing Epcot this past weekend and it was loud! It woke me up too.

Broken record... Any view pix?

Our upcoming stay is YC CL from May 6th to May 12th. We are coming into Disney on May 4th and was suppose to stay at PORS from May 4th to May 6th but I really did not want to do a split stay if I did not have to. Well my husband agreed to stay the whole trip now at the YC. Well I could not get a CL room for the two nights. I am under a cast members friends and family so there was none available. I was able to get a woods view for the two nights. What is the best way to try and not have to store everything at bell services? Would I be able to try for a late check out for the non cl room and hope that our cl room is ready early. Also if I am able to do this will they let me use the lounge that day we are moving room if I am able to get a late check out. I was not sure if I would have to be checked out of one room prior to checking into the cl room. I am hoping they will let us its one less breakfast I have to worry about. Sorry this is so long.

Also please change out stay dates from May 6-12 to now May 4-12.

Thanks!!

Got it! I'll make the change.

Good question about needing to be checked out of your non-CL room to check into the CL one. I would assume that you do need to be checked out. In that case, I would just check out of the room, go ahead and store your stuff with Bell Services*, check in for your CL and enjoy breakfast. You will have to move all your stuff anyway.

* Hmmmm... would Disney move your stuff as if you were transferring resorts instead of just changing rooms/levels? You could call Bell Services to pick up your bags and then call again when you are in the new room to have them delivered. Is that what they will do anyway, upon request, even if you are not changing resorts?

:scratchin

We just had an awesome 5 nights at YC. We booked last minute (last Monday) for Friday arrival and checked out today. We booked a garden view room and had an awesome corner room....it was huge!!!! Not sure if my video will work! Http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155827840429473&id=643409472

Thank you so much for your review and awesome video! What a fantastic room!

Food & Wine trip booked at the Yacht Club, Sep 22-26! Can't wait to be back at my "home" resort!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

So I'm always looking for Disney apparel on ebay and saw a lot of strange merchandise from the Yacht Club. People are selling YC couches, ceiling lights, cushions, bed headboards, daybeds, SHOWER CURTAINS???? What? Do you think these items were lifted during the renovation? I just find it odd and as nostalgic as I am, I wouldn't want a used hotel shower curtain no mater what it had on it :(

I guess maybe they were bought at an auction but yikes.. the ceiling light is going for $250!

Interesting!

I know when Disney rooms are refurbished a lot of the furniture and accessories are sold to liquidators. A while back you could purchase an entire "room" from either the BC or YC- can't remember which right now.

Wish I had purchased one of those lifeguard Mickey lamps from the BC when I had the chance.

::yes::

I have had good luck faxing requests via Touring Plans numbers. I find it helps when you have special situations like yours to request. We have had our birthday requests honored at the Poly twice now. Try a month before your arrival as that is when rooms are assigned.

Btw, years ago I had a room overlooking the gazebo and was lucky to witness a wedding with Mickey and Minnie. It was magical. Congratulations to you!

:welcome: to the thread!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

:cool2:

My family will be staying in. 1 BR Villa this Sept, my most hated hotel pet peeve is hearing people in the room above STOMP all over the place all night long. So I wanna to request a 5th floor (yes I know that 1 BR’s are limited on that floor). My question is do the top floors still have full balcony? Or is it modified, smaller & cant see out of it, due to roof line (we had this in WLV and GF). Is the interior room ceiling sloped? Thanks for any info!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm not very familiar with the villas so I will leave it to the others who have responded to your questions.

:cool1:

Last edited:

Page 1162-1163

Thanks for all the info about grocery delivery services. I have never used any of these businesses so I rely on others' experiences when presenting info. I don't think I even have the info for Dizzy Dolphin or Instacart options in the FAQ info on grocery delivery, so I will add them. Keep on providing any info or feedback! Thank!

QUESTION ABOUT GROCERY DELIVERY

On page 1 it mentions that Garden Grocer delivers between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Is this unique to Garden Grocer, or is this ALL of the grocery delivery services? (I'm thinking of using Dizzy Dolphin or WeGoShop - I'm interested in getting groceries from Trader Joe's - am wondering whether the time issue is for GG alone or whether it's for all grocery deliveries to YC/BC.)

Thanks!!

Don't know about delivery hours, but proceed with caution re We Go Shop. Many people reported that she double billed them and didn't seem to care. The thread is on the DVC Mouscellaneous board.

I highly discourage you from using wegoshop. I used them for 7 years successfully and then Amy brought her husband on. HORRIBLE customer service. Since then there have been several reports of delayed delivery and worse over charging and even double charging. Use caution.

Dizzy typically delivers in the morning and leaves your items with bell services. And if you want Trader Joes, they will by golly GET you Trader Joes. Or anything else you want. :thumbsup2

Huh? That's strange because that's only an hour for them to deliver to anyone? Not sure if that is right. To answer your question though, we used Instacart and you can schedule them to deliver anytime you want during the day.

I guess the only questions I have are about the delivery timing if someone can clarify.

I thought the Garden Grocery delivery window is something that is Disney-wide, but I could be wrong. Anyone know.

Also, can anyone confirm (or deny) that current deliveries from other services can happen any time of day?

:thanks:

**************************************************************************************************************

Just wanted to chime in with more details about our stay this past week. We had an AWESOME and perfectly flawless trip! We booked last minute since I found a $39 fare! Booked Monday, checked in Friday. Originally we were staying at CBR, then contemplated the cabins at FW, but settled on the YC since we wanted to relax at the pool a lot! Our flight got in shortly before 9am, we took DME, and were in Stormalong Bay by 10:15! I had did online check in at home. At around 11:15, I received a text that our room was ready! Jackpot!! Our room was AMAZING (I posted a video in here a couple of days ago). It was so spacious, we loved that we had THREE windows, and plenty of room, and it was close to the lobby. Mousekeeping did a spotless job. We opted for mousekeeping everyday, so I don't have any experience with the "room check" issue..since that was our room check.

We spent a lot of time in the pool, and easily found chairs, even when we came back mid day from the park. I thought the pool was a bit chilly, but coming from NY, it was better than home! The food at the Ale and Compass Market was decent.....disappointed that they still have no Mickey waffles. It was somewhat annoying to walk to Beach Club Marketplace. We opted for in room dining one day for my son for lunch, since he just wanted a plain kids burger, and A&C didn't have that. My daughter and I were dying when the room service came, and this awesomely funny British cast member set him all up with a white tablecloth, etc. He really got a kick out of that! We walked across to the Boardwalk for Ample Hills Creamery, which is awesome!! (we have one here in NY).

We found the bus service to the MK slow...but that has been typical of every single resort we have stayed at in the 20plus times we have vacationed there at various resorts. We wanted to get Minnie Van, had Bell services hook my phone up with Lyft, but the Minnie Van's were always further away than the bus. We had a great experience with the boats to HS and Epcot though! Our last day, we had a goal to do all four parks in one day. So we took the bus to AK, then the bus back to the resort to drop off my DD's banshee, took the boat to HS, then the bus from HS to MK, then hit the monorail to Epcot and walked back to the room after. LOVED the convenience of that!!

Overall we had a GREAT stay!! Our first time there was 17 years ago when I won a trip and they said we could pick any resort. We have stayed a few times in between then and now, but this past stay was the best of all! LOVE the updated rooms!

Thanks so much for sharing the info about your trip!

Thanks for posting - does this repeat each week of the month?

:welcome: to the thread

Do you have a trip to the resort in March?

:cool1:

Dee, as far as Garden Grocer delivery timing, in October I had an earlier delivery scheduled. Garden Grocer called me and told me that Disney was now restricting their delivery window at the BC to between 4:30 and 5:30 only. I don’t know if it is Resort wide or not. I wanted groceries earlier than that so I had them delivered the afternoon before our arrival. Garden Grocer told me that Bell Services will hold items for 24 hours. Everything was fine when we arrived.

Not sure if this is better than the one I previously posted. Last month I was able to post a larger size using Flickr. This time, not so much!

Note- I have a question on the Sunday movie location- for most of the past months, the movie has been shown on the beach on the campfire nights, but in March, the Sunday movie is listed as being in the Solarium. I assume this is correct/not a typo, but if someone is able to confirm this for me, cool. If not. Still cool.

Campfire at 6:00 pm on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

March 2018 Movie Schedule, 7:30 pm popcorn::

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on Beach

Sunday?, Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the Solarium

Sun- Thor: Ragnarok (PG-13) in Solarium

Mon- 101 Dalmations (1995) (G) in Solarium

Tues- Coco (PG) on Beach

Wed- Moana (PG) in Solarium

Thurs- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (G) on Beach

Fri - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (PG-13) in Solarium

Sat- Peter Pan (G) on Beach

Attachments

• March 2018 crop.jpg
    March 2018 crop.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Page 1162-1163

Thanks for all the info about grocery delivery services. I have never used any of these businesses so I rely on others' experiences when presenting info. I don't think I even have the info for Dizzy Dolphin or Instacart options in the FAQ info on grocery delivery, so I will add them. Keep on providing any info or feedback! Thank!

Dizzy Dolphin Delivery - https://www.dizzydolphindelivery.com/ and 614-795-1426

I've used them at several different resorts, and our groceries have always been delivered before noon. They send you a text when they've dropped them off.

Yes, for part of the way. When you need to exit the BC, at the doors opposite Martha's Vineyard, you will walk outside for a short while, but will always be under cover, until you enter the YC.

Thanks. Since they are sister resorts I wondered if a person could walk from one lobby to the other lobby without going outside.

Can you walk inside from the Beach Club to the Yacht Club?

:welcome: back to the thread. Do you have an upcoming stay booked?

Yes, for part of the way. When you need to exit the BC, at the doors opposite Martha's Vineyard, you will walk outside for a short while, but will always be under cover, until you enter the YC.

From the "Other Useful Info" Post 14 on Page 1- here is an answer along with pictures of the journey

Are the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club connected?

No. Yes. Kind of...

There is a corridor that will take you from the BC lobby to the YC lobby. Some of it is inside, some of it is open to the outside, but the entire route is covered.

From the Yacht Club lobby, you walk inside until you reach Yachtsman's Steakhouse, then you have to exit. You walk outside on a covered walkway, past the hair salon, exercise room & Beaches & Cream. Then you go back inside into the Beach Club, on the far side of Cape May, around the hallway & into the BC lobby. You will be protected from rain, unless there is a real downpour with lots of wind.

In September 2014, Wood Nymph timed the walk from the YC lobby to the BC Marketplace: 5 minutes ETA: natebenma got the same results, 5 minutes, in August 2015.

Walk from Beach Club lobby to Yacht Club lobby

I had booked a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club for a week (room only reservation not dvc). I just added another 2 nights separate reservation for the same room 1 bedroom as well. Since it's 2 reservations would we have to switch rooms or would we be able to just stay in the same room the length of our stay??

I had booked a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club for a week (room only reservation not dvc). I just added another 2 nights separate reservation for the same room 1 bedroom as well. Since it's 2 reservations would we have to switch rooms or would we be able to just stay in the same room the length of our stay??

The wording of your post is a bit confusing but I think you are staying in the DVC BC Villa, not the hotel but paying cash through Disney. Is that correct?
When you have 2 different reservations you need to request to stay in the same Villa. Your request may or may not be m et.

The wording of your post is a bit confusing but I think you are staying in the DVC BC Villa, not the hotel but paying cash through Disney. Is that correct?
When you have 2 different reservations you need to request to stay in the same Villa. Your request may or may not be m et.

Yes sorry if i phrased it wrong but you are correct. We are staying at the beach club villas in a 1 bedroom...2 seperate reservations one for 8 nights the other reservations for 2 nights...... if we have to move it's not the end of the world but would rather not pack up my stuff 2 times to stay in the same hotel if I do not have to

Yes sorry if i phrased it wrong but you are correct. We are staying at the beach club villas in a 1 bedroom...2 seperate reservations one for 8 nights the other reservations for 2 nights...... if we have to move it's not the end of the world but would rather not pack up my stuff 2 times to stay in the same hotel if I do not have to

You can call reservations and ask to have the 2 reservations linked. Ask again at checkin

:welcome: back!

November?

I'll add you to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!