Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The Yacht Club has hard surface flooring and beds without box springs and a bed height about 5" or 6" higher than normal. That set-up allows storage of luggage under the beds. The Beach Club rooms have the standard bed set-up and no under-bed storage.

There is a luggage rack in the closet of the room; you can always request additional racks.

Beach Club beds

room-wa-g01.jpg
Thanks for this information and the picture also :)

On the ME bus to YC. Our stops will be CBR, BW, BC, then YC (last stop). Lots of people checking in today it seemed. Waited 18 minutes before boarding. At 30 minutes now. Just giving real time info. It’s sunny and beautiful here!
We took Uber last trip instead of ME, but even with multiple stops and taking longer to get to the resort, ME is perhaps a bit more relaxing. Have a great trip!

We took Uber last trip instead of ME, but even with multiple stops and taking longer to get to the resort, ME is perhaps a bit more relaxing. Have a great trip!

Thanks. We will likely Uber back to the airport. I like ME to the resorts, but have only been the last stop once before on over 20 trips. I guess I’m due!

Thanks. We will likely Uber back to the airport. I like ME to the resorts, but have only been the last stop once before on over 20 trips. I guess I’m due!
On the way to the airport, YC is the first pick-up. That means less time at the resort, but first choice of seats on the motorcoach. :)

Depending on how many others are on the same departure schedule, the next stops are usually BC, BWI, and CBR, before heading over to MCO.

I'm short. I would be concerned about how hard it is to get in and out of the beds, which are higher than normal.

I always feel like I have have to jump onto the bed.

The YC apparently has a step available, upon request. There have been quite a few
comments/complaints about the bed height.

For those who have mobility issues, the accessible rooms (wheelchair, etc.) have very low height beds.

Last edited:

On the way to the airport, YC is the first pick-up. That means less time at the resort, but first choice of seats on the motorcoach. :)

Depending on how many others are on the same departure schedule, the next stops are usually BC, BWI, and CBR, before heading over to MCO.
We took MDE back to the airport last trip and would have missed our flight if it had been on time. Took FOREVER to load at a couple of the resorts after we were picked up

We just checked in today and didn’t receive any information about the water slides being closed until we went to go on them. I asked front desk when they will be open and she told me “several weeks” . Pretty bummed but making the most of it because we are the beach club for the first time on a family reunion. This place is beautiful !!!

The worst stop from YC/BC, on the way to MCO, is almost always CBR. For some reason, the driver always needs to wait or search for CBR guests, who are booked on that motorcoach, but not there when the bus arrives.

We just checked in today and didn’t receive any information about the water slides being closed until we went to go on them. I asked front desk when they will be open and she told me “several weeks” . Pretty bummed but making the most of it because we are the beach club for the first time on a family reunion. This place is beautiful !!!

Oh, what a bummer that the slide is closed. Glad it’s so beautiful there. I’m wondering if the slide will be open in time for our trip on March 20-27th? :( If not, I’ll have some disappointed kids. Wonder why they didn’t mention this closure in the upcoming WDW refurbishments?

Oh, what a bummer that the slide is closed. Glad it’s so beautiful there. I’m wondering if the slide will be open in time for our trip on March 20-27th? :( If not, I’ll have some disappointed kids. Wonder why they didn’t mention this closure in the upcoming WDW refurbishments?
Last year, this was when slide refurbishment was performed:
January 30 – February 10, 2017
So, if they need the same period of time to perform the work, it looks good for being back in operation in a couple of weeks. Of course, it all depends on how much work needs to be done this year.

Hope this works out for you...it's too bad that guests were not notified in advance.

For all my DISboard family members in the North Eastern quadrant of the United States, I just want to say be safe out there, huddle in front of the fireplace with whomever or what ever you choose, and get ready for another good lesson from Mother Nature. At least she is showing some mercy on us folks in Southern Ohio by getting THE Ohio River back in its banks. Can't wait until Spring gets here.
Katesdad
Thank you!
It was UGLY out there yesterday, but nowhere near as bad as some previous N'oreasters...

Last year, this was when slide refurbishment was performed:
January 30 – February 10, 2017
So, if they need the same period of time to perform the work, it looks good for being back in operation in a couple of weeks. Of course, it all depends on how much work needs to be done this year.

Hope this works out for you...it's too bad that guests were not notified in advance.

Update: I just called WDW to ask about the Stormalong Bay slide closure/refurbishment and they, too, had no notice of any scheduled refurbishments at YC/BC. They placed me on hold and called Beach Club directly. Here is what they told me after speaking to Beach Club...
The slide is, indeed, closed for an unforeseen refurbishment. The anticipated date of completion is March 11th. They said it could be 1-2 days before or after that date, but it is expected to reopen on March 11th. Thought I'd share this info with the BC/YC fans because the info comes directly from WDW & more specifically, Beach Club reps.

Not to diminish the disappointment, because I really DO get it, but that was some pretty awesome pixie dust as a consolation!!! :love:
Yes! They totally helped us out. The two crying boys in birthday pins were probably the reason. With preparation, they are fine with things being closed (like pirates of the Caribbean) and they are fine with things suddenly being broken (like thunder, splash and goody all being down at opening today), but the news of rhe pirates slide being down all week was too much for them after a day of travel.

That being said, we have had an awesome showering of birthday pixie dust in just the 24 hours we have been here.

It has already been an awesome trip!

Yes! They totally helped us out. The two crying boys in birthday pins were probably the reason. With preparation, they are fine with things being closed (like pirates of the Caribbean) and they are fine with things suddenly being broken (like thunder, splash and goody all being down at opening today), but the news of rhe pirates slide being down all week was too much for them after a day of travel.

That being said, we have had an awesome showering of birthday pixie dust in just the 24 hours we have been here.

It has already been an awesome trip!

So glad the trip has been awesome so far & happy that some pixie dust brightened your boys’ birthday! :)

The worst stop from YC/BC, on the way to MCO, is almost always CBR. For some reason, the driver always needs to wait or search for CBR guests, who are booked on that motorcoach, but not there when the bus arrives.

After staying at CBR this past December, I can see why. In order to get to the central lobby/ MDE pick up from the rooms, you have to wait for the internal shuttle or bell services to pick you up. It is challenging to get back & forth to the lobby from the guest rooms. The shuttle seems infrequent. We just wanted bell services to pick up & store our luggage til our car service pick us up in the evening. When I called bell services in the morning, they said they were so backed up we should just leave the luggage in the room & go to the park, they would pick it up when they could. In over 20 years of staying onsite, we have always had to be in the room when bell services came to pick up luggage. Things are really kind of organized chaos at CBR with all the construction.

Last edited:
It's been a few years since we've visited, but countdown is currently at 48 days to our next arrival! When purchasing items in the parks, is there still an option to have them sent back to your room at your resort?

It's been a few years since we've visited, but countdown is currently at 48 days to our next arrival! When purchasing items in the parks, is there still an option to have them sent back to your room at your resort?
Items are sent from the parks, Disney Springs, or other resort shops, to the BC Market Place or YC market, depending n which resort you are staying at. They usually arrive by afternoon of the day following purchase for you to pick up.
Katesdad

Pool Questions-

I'm going to try to keep up with posting the pool hours on Page 1- Can anyone let me know what the pool hours at Stormalong Bay were for February and what they are for March?

Also- are there lockers in the "new" shower rooms? Do they lock? Are the lockers still there in the pool area near Beaches & Cream?

TIA!

:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter