Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Good Morning Everyone! Thank you to everyone who posts here and helped us have a fabulous Christmas trip and Yacht Club stay. We just got back yesterday from our second stay here and first stay since the refurb. This is now the perfect resort for us. Loved the location of course, the peaceful vibe, the very helpful cast members, the restaurants, and the room décor, design, and furnishings, and the lovely pool area!

Our afternoon at the pool was very relaxing! We enjoyed the tucked-away hot tubs, the cushioned lounge chairs, the lazy river(with very deep water), and the handy mug refill location.

We enjoyed meals at Ale and Compass and Crew's Cup. Excellent service and relaxed pace at Ale and Compass and a chowder that really stood out. DD had the clam bake and is now in love with lobster. One evening DH and I had dinner at Crew's Cup without the kids who had gone to MK without us (DD26, DD22, and DD14.) I was looking for a good burger and the concierge recommended it. The burger I had was delicious as well as the chowder my DH had. I would go back again to either restaurant.

Things I really liked about our room: Lots of storage from closets, shelves, and drawers to bathroom cubbies under the sink. The new pocket door into the shower/toilet room that has an automatic closer like nice kitchen drawers so it doesn't slam shut. The lighted magnifying makeup mirror. Lots of outlets and usb plugs. Very comfy mattress. The shower head that can be from above, from the side, or both and can raise and lower. Plenty of light. Plenty of water pressure. Great housekeeping. Comfy sofa bed that pretty much sleeps like a regular bed. nice balcony view of gazeebo and garden. Easy walk to lobby, market, bus stop, boat dock, restaurants, and Epcot. Kurig coffee maker was used a lot by my family. Love the blue Disney constellation curtains!

Dogs: I heard barking on two occasions from our 4th floor room with gazeebo view room which faced away from Epcot. Only lasted a few seconds and didn't bother me. I saw only two dogs in the building during my 5 night stay. One in the lobby and one small dog on a leash in the food area of the market in line to pay.

I can't wait to stay here again!

Good Morning Everyone! Thank you to everyone who posts here and helped us have a fabulous Christmas trip and Yacht Club stay. We just got back yesterday from our second stay here and first stay since the refurb.

We enjoyed meals at Ale and Compass and Crew's Cup. Excellent service and relaxed pace at Ale and Compass and a chowder that really stood out. DD had the clam bake and is now in love with lobster. One evening DH and I had dinner at Crew's Cup without the kids who had gone to MK without us (DD26, DD22, and DD14.) I was looking for a good burger and the concierge recommended it. The burger I had was delicious as well as the chowder my DH had.

It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the YC.

You mentioned that you had a great burger for dinner at Crew's Cup Lounge. The online menu for Crew's Cup changed about the same time that A&C opened. The new online dinner menu only shows three entrees, with the favorite burger nowhere to be found.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/menus/dinner/

The online lunch menu for Crew's Cup has a burger, but Crew's Cup apparently no longer is open for lunch.

Was the burger on the menu you looked at, or did you request it from your server, though no longer on the menu?

It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the YC.

You mentioned that you had a great burger for dinner at Crew's Cup Lounge. The online menu for Crew's Cup changed about the same time that A&C opened. The new online dinner menu only shows three entrees, with the favorite burger nowhere to be found.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/menus/dinner/

The online lunch menu for Crew's Cup has a burger, but Crew's Cup apparently no longer is open for lunch.

Was the burger on the menu you looked at, or did you request it from your server, though no longer on the menu?
It was on the menu and served with delicious fries. It had some kind of tasty sauce on it and fried onion straws. The server asked what other condiments I wanted. He brought lettuce and tomato, ketchup, mayo and mustard for me.

For those of you who have asked about @TeenaS here is a quick update about what she has been up to recently.

Today is her birthday, so if you happen to see this Teena, know that lots of good wishes are being sent your way!!!

:bday::cake:

She is very busy out in Vegas with her daughter and granddaughter, helping out in the school where Jeanne teaches.

She misses Florida, and Disney, and the Beach Club terribly, but tries to get back to the World as much as she can.

I was able to cruise with her on the Fantasy in early October and then we had overlapping trips to WDW in October.

View attachment 289700

Teena and her family visited Aulani for the first time earlier this month. The verdict- They LOVED it!!!

View attachment 289697

View attachment 289698

View attachment 289699

:beach:

Teena has some upcoming trips to WDW with Lilly- early January, mid February and mid-March, I believe, so if anyone is there around those times, Be On the Look Out!

Which Fantasy cruise were you on? We were on the Eastern that became a Western that left Oct. 7.

It was on the menu and served with delicious fries. It had some kind of tasty sauce on it and fried onion straws. The server asked what other condiments I wanted. He brought lettuce and tomato, ketchup, mayo and mustard for me.
That's good to know that the burger is still available. The version you were served was different from the last one I had - sounds good.

It looks like the online menu may just be another Disney IT failure.

Question: Can i fill up a cup from home with ice water from the freestyle machine at the marketplace? I've never stayed at a property that had a freestyle machine. TIA!

Which Fantasy cruise were you on? We were on the Eastern that became a Western that left Oct. 7.

We were two ships that passed in the morning...

I was on the Sept 30-Oct 7 sailing. My first time on a Disney cruise. We were supposed to be on Sept 9-16 Eastern that was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma.

I haven't started to write the trip report yet, I'm going to be tacking it onto my Alaska cruise report (Carnival) that is almost completed.

:sail:

Can I rent a microwave for our room at BC? I'm guessing this is a "no" but I'll have a baby with us that will need bottles warmed.

Can I rent a microwave for our room at BC? I'm guessing this is a "no" but I'll have a baby with us that will need bottles warmed.
No, you can't rent one, but you can request a microwave for your room, provided at no cost, subject to availability. I would place the request immediately upon arrival at the BC.

There also is a microwave available for guests' use in the first floor Beach Club Marketplace.

No, you can't rent one, but you can request a microwave for your room, provided at no cost, subject to availability. I would place the request immediately upon arrival at the BC.

There also is a microwave available for guests' use in the first floor Beach Club Marketplace.

I had no idea! so either way, i should be alright! Thank you!

We were two ships that passed in the morning...

I was on the Sept 30-Oct 7 sailing. My first time on a Disney cruise. We were supposed to be on Sept 9-16 Eastern that was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma.

I haven't started to write the trip report yet, I'm going to be tacking it onto my Alaska cruise report (Carnival) that is almost completed.

:sail:
I figured as much. I would have thought I'd have known if we were on the same cruise. Glad you were able to reschedule the cancelled one.

Please add us to the “Be Our Guest” list. We just switched from a BWI Standard View AP rate to a BC Lagoon/Pool View AP rate for Feb 10th to Feb 12th. We’ve stayed at YC a few times recently, but this will be a first for BC.

2 Adults in the process of booking a beach club studio villa for this summer!

Hope its the right resort choice. Only other one we have stayed in is animal kingdom lodge, and we wanted something a little different and closer this time.

I know the theming won't be anywhere near AKL but hopefully it feels Disney while there lol. It was this, the poly, or wilderness lodge, and we were scared wilderness lodge might remind us of animal kingdom lodge. The poly was more money.

Is the room bigger then animal kingdom jambo studio? Also, what view do I ask for to actually have one, and possibly a full size balcony

Thanks fellow Disney stars

Arrived today. We landed at 8 and we were at BC by 9. We got an upgrade from SV to GV but it wasn't the best choice maybe. Our room was ready at 10 but we were already at Epcot! We didn't get into it until 4:30 anyway. It's just me and dd11 and ds 14 and the upgrade was a queen and a pull out couch. Not what we really wanted but we decided to keep it. Small balcony but very close to secret entrance Which means far from lobby. Decorations are amazing and the smell is heavenly. Kids had the pool practically to themselves tonight. All the lifeguards are in parkas and the Canadians are swimming! Looking forward to a great week!

Back from the YC. Our stay was 12-16-23. Room 4241
Good
Beautiful resort, beautiful decorations
quiet
Friendly staff
Room always made up when I returned (no towel animals, though I don't care about them anyway)
New quick serv place is good for a snack or muffin
I actually like the new room décor
I could see both the Epcot and HS fireworks from my balcony (upper parts, which was still a lot)
Giant TV
I like the new Kcup coffee machines. Maid left lots of coffee and tea kcups each day.

Not so good
Beds way to high
Toilet also to high
My room was about 5 miles from the lobby. it was so far it wasn't even on the room signs
I had no sofa or comfy chair, just 2 desk chairs
Deck furniture to uncomfortable
Quick serv place doesn't have much in the way of an actual meal. I had the ham & cheese hot sandwich once which was OK, but not much else appealed to me.
I didn't like the long roof view before I saw my water view.

Would I stay here again? Prob not. I would stay at the BC. It just seems closer to everything.

Other
The parks were crowded. I had my daily 3 FP's, plus a TS restaurant booked for each day. The rest, I just wondered around and did more "minor" rides. With the exception of Sorin, I didn't get in a line longer than 30 minutes. Most of them were much less. I was very happy just "puttsing" around. I also slept late and didn't to the parks until late morning.

No rain!!!! For a summer traveler, I can't tell you how wonderful that was! The temps were around 80 every day. It did cool down at night, but not "cold".

Saw Neil Patrick Harris for Candlelight. AMAZING!!! He was so "into it" and thrilled to be there! He was signing along with the chorus.

Did the Christmas Party. Wasn't impressed. The ride lines were still very long. We were 8 deep on Main St for the first parade. Only 1 person checked to see my bracelet, and that was for a cookie! I did like the parade. But that is a lot of money to pay for a parade!

Had the most amazing steak at Spice Road Table! I'd highly recommend this restaurant. Book a table around 8 and you can see Illuminations from your table. They do NOT rush you out.

It was fun seeing all the Christmas decorations on the other guests. Almost everybody wore a Christmas "something".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter