Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I have posted. Once we decided on the BWV for our October trip, I spent most of my DIS time on that thread and also learning as much as I could about all the new things, especially Pandora.
Anyhow, we all loved Food and Wine. Then we talked about when the 4 of us would go back, probably 2021, both to save money for it and to ensure there would be lots of new things to do. Meanwhile, my DD told me she can't wait that long! She wants a mom/daughter trip!! I am very excited because even though our DHs like going, they are not as fanatical as we are. :)
So, target date: 2019, (still need time to save up), with our goal being to bridge the end of F&W and beginning of Christmas.
Where to stay: originally S/D, but neither of us really want to stay there. Then I thought we should stay at a moderate since we will be flying. (we usually drive) When I mentioned that plan to my DH, he said having only bus transportation would not be good for me and my rented scooter. ( btw, scooter worked out great for our trips to Epcot- I walked in the other parks) Anyhow, to make a long story short (too late!) my DD and I want to stay at the BC!! I already figured out my 455 days out date to call and make our room only reservation. :) The last time we stayed there she was 5 years old!! (she's 31)
I am very happy to be following this thread again. We all enjoyed the BWV, but we didn't love it. I can't explain why. We visited our favorite WL while we were there and we knew that we would never feel the same way about the BW. I'm hoping that during our 2021 trip we will be staying at Copper Creek!
Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and Happy Holidays, and I am looking forward to hanging out here. As of the end of June I will be retiring and will really be able to spend more time here!
Sorry to see Scott MC go. I have always enjoyed his posts. I must not be following any of the threads that have had moderator problems. I haven't noticed any changes.
Also, how is Teena doing? (Corrected spelling. I knew "Tina" didn't look right!)
Thanks for reading my rambling!!

Last edited:
Hi guys! It's been a long time since I have posted. Once we decided on the BWV for our October trip, I spent most of my DIS time on that thread and also learning as much as I could about all the new things, especially Pandora.
Anyhow, we all loved Food and Wine. Then we talked about when the 4 of us would go back, probably 2021, both to save money for it and to ensure there would be lots of new things to do. Meanwhile, my DD told me she can't wait that long! She wants a mom/daughter trip!! I am very excited because even though our DHs like going, they are not as fanatical as we are. :)
So, target date: 2019, (still need time to save up), with our goal being to bridge the end of F&W and beginning of Christmas.
Where to stay: originally S/D, but neither of us really want to stay there. Then I thought we should stay at a moderate since we will be flying. (we usually drive) When I mentioned that plan to my DH, he said having only bus transportation would not be good for me and my rented scooter. ( btw, scooter worked out great for our trips to Epcot- I walked in the other parks) Anyhow, to make a long story short (too late!) my DD and I want to stay at the BC!! I already figured out my 455 days out date to call and make our room only reservation. :) The last time we stayed there she was 5 years old!! (she's 31)
I am very happy to be following this thread again. We all enjoyed the BWV, but we didn't love it. I can't explain why. We visited our favorite WL while we were there and we knew that we would never feel the same way about the BW. I'm hoping that during our 2021 trip we will be staying at Copper Creek!
Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and Happy Holidays, and I am looking forward to hanging out here. As of the end of June I will be retiring and will really be able to spend more time here!
Sorry to see Scott MC go. I have always enjoyed his posts. I must not be following any of the threads that have had moderator problems. I haven't noticed any changes.
Also, how is Tina doing?
Thanks for reading my rambling!!

:wave2:

Great to hear from you and I'm excited to hear you will be hanging out here while planning an upcoming trip!

I do have a list for 2019 going- want me to pencil you in???

Thanks so much for asking about Teena. I was actually going to post an update about her and her most recent trip today when I have a chance.

:goodvibes

For those of you who have asked about @TeenaS here is a quick update about what she has been up to recently.

Today is her birthday, so if you happen to see this Teena, know that lots of good wishes are being sent your way!!!

:bday::cake:

She is very busy out in Vegas with her daughter and granddaughter, helping out in the school where Jeanne teaches.

She misses Florida, and Disney, and the Beach Club terribly, but tries to get back to the World as much as she can.

I was able to cruise with her on the Fantasy in early October and then we had overlapping trips to WDW in October.

WP_20171001_007.jpg

Teena and her family visited Aulani for the first time earlier this month. The verdict- They LOVED it!!!

beach cove 1.jpg

Lilly Stitch statue.jpg

Teena and Lilly.jpg

:beach:

Teena has some upcoming trips to WDW with Lilly- early January, mid February and mid-March, I believe, so if anyone is there around those times, Be On the Look Out!

Page 1116-1117

Good Morning, and an early happy holidays to everyone!

I'm going to be taking a long (maybe permanent) break from these boards as I disagree with some decisions that have been made by mods. I might peruse from time to time for information, but unless things change, I'm taking a very long break.
I've made some great friends on this thread in particular, and most of y'all have my email, so feel free to keep in touch. Dee, thank you for all you do to make this arguably the most agreeable board on the "boards."
Have a very happy holiday season and a safe, happy, healthy 2018!

XO

Sorry to hear that Scott, but totally understand! Ain't nobody got time for negativity!

Glad I can keep in touch with you IRL!

Wishing you a most magical 2018!

:hug:

Does anyone there know if/when the yacht or beach is doing morning yoga? I saw a few resorts are offering it and would love to go when I get there on 1/2

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Which resort: BC/YC or BCV?

As others have indicated, so far we have not seen yoga offered here. Activities calendar for January won't be available until the very end of December or first of January.

I believe that you would be able to take part in any offerings at nearby resorts although that is certainly not as convenient as it would be to have yoga available right there at the beach.

:cool1:

:wave2:

Great to hear from you and I'm excited to hear you will be hanging out here while planning an upcoming trip!

I do have a list for 2019 going- want me to pencil you in???

Thanks so much for asking about Teena. I was actually going to post an update about her and her most recent trip today when I have a chance.

:goodvibes
Thanks! I would love to have our mom daughter trip penciled in. Since we don't have exact dates yet, I would just say November 2019.
Love the pictures! Looks like I arrived just in time to celebrate Teena's birthday!
:tink:
Happy Birthday, Teena!

New Convention Center update:

Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center Expansion Milestone

See how Cast Members took part in a Disney tradition by adding their names to a piece of Disney history
December 22, 2017

We’re thrilled to share a historic moment captured behind-the-scenes during the expansion of Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center at Walt Disney World Resort. Disney Cast Members celebrated a major construction milestone with the signing of a support beam which was then lifted into the sky towards the new convention area structure.

“We are proud to be a part of this Disney tradition today and to celebrate the progress of this exciting new development,” said Morgan Palfreyman, Lead Project Manager. “This project has been a long time in the making. The next steps are putting the roof on so our team can work on the exterior finishes and interior finishes simultaneously.”

The 28,000-square-foot expansion of the convention center at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will bring the total amount of flexible meeting and event space at this popular resort location to 100,000 square feet. The new convention area will boast a 16,000 square-foot ballroom that can be divided into eight dynamic breakout spaces. The expansion will also include three pre-function areas and two distinct gathering rotundas providing unique networking spaces for attendees to relax and reconnect.

“We look forward to seeing this project’s progression and The Walt Disney Company’s vision come to life for the future of meeting and convention attendees who meet in this new space,” said Project Manager Chad Schroeder.

The new convention center area at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts is set to open in 2018.

Last edited:

New Convention Center update:

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center Expansion Milestone Celebrated at Walt Disney World Resort
See how Cast Members took part in a Disney tradition by adding their names to a piece of Disney history

December 22, 2017

We’re thrilled to share a historic moment captured behind-the-scenes during the expansion of Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center at Walt Disney World Resort. Disney Cast Members celebrated a major construction milestone with the signing of a support beam which was then lifted into the sky towards the new convention area structure.

“We are proud to be a part of this Disney tradition today and to celebrate the progress of this exciting new development,” said Morgan Palfreyman, Lead Project Manager. “This project has been a long time in the making. The next steps are putting the roof on so our team can work on the exterior finishes and interior finishes simultaneously.”

The 28,000-square-foot expansion of the convention center at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts will bring the total amount of flexible meeting and event space at this popular resort location to 100,000 square feet. The new convention area will boast a 16,000 square-foot ballroom that can be divided into eight dynamic breakout spaces. The expansion will also include three pre-function areas and two distinct gathering rotundas providing unique networking spaces for attendees to relax and reconnect.

“We look forward to seeing this project’s progression and The Walt Disney Company’s vision come to life for the future of meeting and convention attendees who meet in this new space,” said Project Manager Chad Schroeder.

The new convention center area at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts is set to open in 2018.

Coming from the Construction industry here, but this is what they call the topping off, it is most likely the last piece of steel to go in and if you ae on site that day you sign the beam, or whatever then after it is installed there is normally a lunch paid for by the general contractor

At Yacht Club now with our dog. Just reporting in that we have seen about 5 or 6 dogs on our ground floor hallway.
They informed us upon checking in that they are trying to keep them in one area.
We haven't experienced any problems with the other dogs and people have been very friendly with ours.

Merry Christmas

Thanks for this report.

Enjoy your trip!

:dogdance:

Returned from our trip on Monday. We had a great time but we all missed the BC. We have decided that for our 2019 trip (pending Galaxy's Edge opening) we want to stay at either the BC or YC. We did stop by to visit and see the Christmas decorations, which made us miss it more, lol. We stayed at Coronado this past trip and while we loved the new rooms we much prefer the Epcot resort area and deluxe resorts for the multiple transportation choices. I know we are weird but we enjoy going more in the summer than when there is a chance it will be cool weather. We enjoy taking mid-day breaks at the pool and even full days at the pool, with the weather we had this past trip it was too cold for that. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the best thread ever.

Edited to add: We had our first celebrity sighting this trip. We were on the same train as Mike Tyson and his family on Rockin' Roller Coaster. Only two seats back, lol. Walked out of the ride down the ramp with him. I didn't say anything as I didn't want to disrupt his family vacation but when we came out there were people every where taking his picture. Its kinda funny though cause we were just talking about him like 2 days before. Our daughter loves the henna and my husband jokingly said she should get one around her eye like Mike Tysons tattoo. She had no idea who he was so we showed her pictures.

Last edited:
We saw several dogs in the parks in BABY CARRIAGES!!! These were small dogs, they had netting in the carriage so the dogs couldn't get out. Some were dressed up with Christmas outfits on. We even saw one in the basket of an ECV!

Why would people do this to their dogs? I said to my husband, what do they do with the dogs when they go on the rides? They didn't have "service dog" banners on, so I don't know if they were service dogs or not.

On bus right now stoped at yc first then to bc hoping to make breakfast on cl

Update made breakfast ,and was able to get the welcome drink if not offered just ask

Last edited:
We saw several dogs in the parks in BABY CARRIAGES!!! These were small dogs, they had netting in the carriage so the dogs couldn't get out. Some were dressed up with Christmas outfits on. We even saw one in the basket of an ECV!

Why would people do this to their dogs? I said to my husband, what do they do with the dogs when they go on the rides? They didn't have "service dog" banners on, so I don't know if they were service dogs or not.

We saw maybe 2 like that also during our trip last week. One was in the YC lobby & approached the train display, right near the door from the restaurant. My DH thought she had actually come from the restaurant, but I really didn’t see where she came from. I certainly hope she wasn’t in there.

It certainly is bizarre to me too. Not something I would do. I am a dog lover & have had dogs of my own, but I never treated them like humans.

I would guess they're probably locals and they do that to their dogs for fun (of whatever sort that might be) and the spectacle. I doubt they're really there to ride the rides

On bus right now stoped at yc first then to bc hoping to make breakfast on cl

Update made breakfast ,and was able to get the welcome drink if not offered just ask

I'll be getting my welcome drink at 8am the day after we check in in 9 days! We'll be getting in about midnight so....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!