Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a question about the BC king rooms. Do they have the Murphy bed or pullout couch in them? It is just myself, DH and DD (10) next trip and she actually likes the murphy bed/pullout better than the regular beds. So I'm thinking we could request a King as long as DD doesn't have to squeeze in there with us :rotfl2:.

I have a question about the BC king rooms. Do they have the Murphy bed or pullout couch in them? It is just myself, DH and DD (10) next trip and she actually likes the murphy bed/pullout better than the regular beds. So I'm thinking we could request a King as long as DD doesn't have to squeeze in there with us :rotfl2:.

Some King rooms have a day bed. No Murphy Beds.

We have stayed in two of the BC king rooms and one had a sleeper chair and the other room only had the king bed. There are only ten or twelve king rooms at the BC. So it might not be easy to get the room you want. :)

Last edited:

We have stayed in two of the BC king rooms and one had a sleeper chair and the other room only had the king bed. There are only ten or twelve king rooms at the BC. So it might not be easy to get the room you want.

Oh, I know. We are only at about 25% in getting our room requests. Yet each year I put my request in and cross my fingers. We rely on the logic taught to every Kindergartener in my daughter's school "you get what you get and you don't get upset" :)

A coffee AND math question- my favorite!

How long is your trip?

A length of stay refill mug is $18.99 plus meals tax. A single cup of coffee (less coffee than you get in the mug, I think) is $2.79 plus meals tax.

Not including the tax in the equation, you can get purchase 6 cups of coffee for less than the refill mug. Break even is 7 cups.

YMMV if you miss a day or if you decide to have more than 1 cup of coffee (or other drink) per day.

Other factors-

Refill mug becomes a souvenir and can be used for other purposes back home.

No cup waste.
OMG I love these message boards! Thanks for doing the math for me! I am there 7 days! Lol. Looks like a souvenir cup is first on my to do list!

Good Morning, and an early happy holidays to everyone!

I'm going to be taking a long (maybe permanent) break from these boards as I disagree with some decisions that have been made by mods. I might peruse from time to time for information, but unless things change, I'm taking a very long break.
I've made some great friends on this thread in particular, and most of y'all have my email, so feel free to keep in touch. Dee, thank you for all you do to make this arguably the most agreeable board on the "boards."
Have a very happy holiday season and a safe, happy, healthy 2018!

XO

Does anyone there know if/when the yacht or beach is doing morning yoga? I saw a few resorts are offering it and would love to go when I get there on 1/2

I'm going to be taking a long (maybe permanent) break from these boards as I disagree with some decisions that have been made by mods. I might peruse from time to time for information, but unless things change, I'm taking a very long break.
I've made some great friends on this thread in particular, and most of y'all have my email, so feel free to keep in touch. Dee, thank you for all you do to make this arguably the most agreeable board on the "boards."

XO

Sad to see you go, but I can understand.

Does anyone there know if/when the yacht or beach is doing morning yoga? I saw a few resorts are offering it and would love to go when I get there on 1/2

I would love that! Unfortunately it doesn't appear on the resort's recreation calendar like it does for the Contemporary (and maybe others?).

Swan offered it around Easter...but didn't have it when we were there this Fall. Would love to join too.

XO

I had a run in on FB the other day with a mod...so I get it. Happy New Year and hope to see you back after your break!

Page 1114

Catching up...

Out at the bus stop in front of the YC at 7:05am to catch the AK bus to transfer to AKL for an 8:35am breakfast at Boma. AK had early hours this morning. Bus didn't show until 7:25am but made it to the park in time for those doing rope drop (had to load an electric cart at the YC). We got our AKL transfer around 8:05am and made it in time for our breakfast reservation.
Katesdad

Thanks for this information about the morning buses. It is hard to get a straight answer about early morning travel. I will add ^^^ to the post about my experience.

::yes::

Just got back from a 3 night trip CL. Our room was 5149, view of lake and fireworks. Which was nice so we could stay in room where it was warm to view them. Our room was a handicap room 2 queens which were very low to the floor. No space for luggage. Regular tub with some grab bars and bathroom was one large space. No separation from bathtub and sinks. It was a great location.

Thank you so much for this information. I will add your description to the Room View thread. Any chance you have a picture of your view from the room? If you do, could you either post it here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Just got back from a 7 night trip, 12/2 - 12/9. Stayed all 7 nights at the Yacht Club. Paid for a garden view room, and did online check-in 1 day before arriving. Requested an upper floor first, and, hoping for some magic, requested water view second. Sure enough, Disney Magic delivered. According to Touring Plans, looks like there a few garden view rooms with water views. We ended up with room 2025, with a great view of the water and Epcot fireworks. Quite a haul to the lobby but other than that, great room and time at YC.

YC2025_jjqrqh.jpg

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Thank you so much for the description and picture!

What was the bedding in this room? Two Queen Beds? Daybed or no?

I'll add this to the YC Room View thread.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Page 1115

I just booked September 8-12 at YC CL waterview with the bounceback offer. Following that with 3 nights at GF RPC. You only have a 40th anniversary once, so we’re doing it up right!! :cool1:

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hey YC & BC friends. Just got back last night & wanted to share a couple things. Although I wasn't at YC or BC this trip I did make a couple trips over to visit with my CM friends at Crews Cup & the new Ale & Compass lounge. The new lounge looks great, but the bar is hidden behind a wall. If you don't know it's there or to look for it you wouldn't know & I think that is hurting the CMs. If you like a glass of wine or cocktail please do make the effort to visit the actual bar if you can. Also, although they're not advertising it you can get the full menu from A&C restaurant at the bar I was told. I didn't order from that menu, but I did try the parker house rolls & dips. Very good.

New menu at the Crews Cup lounge actually looks quite nice and keep this on the down low because they are also not advertising this, but you can still get the truffle fries if you ask. :woohoo:

Looking forward to our NYE trip two weeks from today. I hope the weather is warmer. I froze my butt off Sunday night at MVMCP & again at the DVC event at Epcot Monday night.

Oh & I met Kurt Russell at the DVC wine tasting event on Sunday. What a nice guy! Got a great photo with him. Looks like we've been friends for years! :rotfl:

Thanks so much for the info on the Crews Cup and the Ale & Compass lounge. Very helpful!

And congrats on your new friend!

:goodvibes

The Beach Club carousel is gorgeous. The lighting is bad for pictures, but I did my best.

The Yacht Club has an amazing Christmas train display.

Thank you so much for the beautiful and detailed set of pictures!

I have never seen the resort decorations in person, but I am blown away by the talented craftspeople who prepare these displays.

:santa:

Debating between garden view room at BC and deluxe studio in the BC villas. Thoughts? Views? Differences in location/walking distances to pool/Epcot? First time staying at the BC. Any input appreciated :)

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS!

When is your trip planned for?

Hopefully you have received some helpful advice in comparing the two room types. I think I have additional info on Page 1, Post 16 with past opinions and comparisons of the resort vs. villa rooms.

:cool1:

Waiting at MCO for our plane to go to Providence, delayed 4 hours! Wonderful end to a vacation. I'm going back with a sinus infection and no voice! The cast members could not be more helpful with all my issues, especially David at the CL desk! We'll be back in November, of course no Bounce back offer available for that time!

Sorry to hear about the issues you had on the trip. I'm glad you were satisfied with the response from David and others.

I'll make sure you are on the November list.

:)

Can anybody give a rough estimate on room availability at Beach Club during Food and Wine? How quickly does it book up? We booked a stay at AKL for late September 2018 using a bounce back but now I wish we had done BC for the easy walk to Epcot. I know we can’t switch and keep the bounce back but I’m hesitant to lose the discount and book something full price right now(and hope to use a discount later on).

Thank you so much for your speedy and very helpful responses! I called this morning and was able to switch our reservation to Yacht Club. We looked at Beach as well, but Yacht was about $500 less so we went with that. No matter - stayed in both in the past and loved both! Haven't been in quite some time so I'm definitely counting down the days. Also counting down to Stormalong Bay; definitely expecting to make use of the pool in September lol.

Edit - I guess I can get added to the Be Our Guest post. Will be there 9/22-9/29 2018!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'm so glad you were able to book a stay at the Yacht Club. It is SOOOOOO convenient for Food & Wine.

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Waiting at MCO for our plane to go to Providence, delayed 4 hours! Wonderful end to a vacation. I'm going back with a sinus infection and no voice! The cast members could not be more helpful with all my issues, especially David at the CL desk! We'll be back in November, of course no Bounce back offer available for that time!
We flew back to PVD just 2 days before you--our flight (JetBlue 476, IIRC) was delayed as well but only by about an hour. Like you, we (all 8 people in my travel party) returned home from the BC with unanticipated souvenirs--nasty sinus and ear infections--my left ear is STILL blocked! Unlike you, our next trip to WDW is likely a few years away. :sad:
Merry Christmas, fellow Southern New Englander!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter