Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just got back from a 7 night trip, 12/2 - 12/9. Stayed all 7 nights at the Yacht Club. Paid for a garden view room, and did online check-in 1 day before arriving. Requested an upper floor first, and, hoping for some magic, requested water view second. Sure enough, Disney Magic delivered. According to Touring Plans, looks like there a few garden view rooms with water views. We ended up with room 2025, with a great view of the water and Epcot fireworks. Quite a haul to the lobby but other than that, great room and time at YC.

YC2025_jjqrqh.jpg

Spent the afternoon at SAB. Used the ~nm chair clearing mantra to secure two loungers in the sun. Not complaining at all about the clouds and cool breeze knowing what I face going home to Ohio on Wednesday. Getting ready for our tradional last night dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Then it will be back to the room to pack and get ready for the 7:40am Magical Depress.
Katesdad

Spent the afternoon at SAB. Used the ~nm chair clearing mantra to secure two loungers in the sun. Not complaining at all about the clouds and cool breeze knowing what I face going home to Ohio on Wednesday. Getting ready for our tradional last night dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Then it will be back to the room to pack and get ready for the 7:40am Magical Depress.
Katesdad

Oh no! Already?!?

:goodvibes

Just got back from a 7 night trip, 12/2 - 12/9. Stayed all 7 nights at the Yacht Club. Paid for a garden view room, and did online check-in 1 day before arriving. Requested an upper floor first, and, hoping for some magic, requested water view second. Sure enough, Disney Magic delivered. According to Touring Plans, looks like there a few garden view rooms with water views. We ended up with room 2025, with a great view of the water and Epcot fireworks. Quite a haul to the lobby but other than that, great room and time at YC.

YC2025_jjqrqh.jpg
So if I'm putting in a request do I say NE facing, not on ground floor, gazebo view to get a room like this? (We're booked GV also.)

Had to report it to the CL desk- the had to file an incident report. I guess housekeeping notified the desk. Leg ok- just bled a lot. Needed a couple of bandaids. I guess it had to be reported incase something happened to me. They came and fixed the metal piece on the bed when we were at the park!

I would of asked for stuff to clean it out with like peroxide, never know what was on that piece that cut you, would still possible ask for some to clean it out

Otherwise I am almost about to hit single digits, and yet still need to do shopping I think it will be close this year

So - I want to put together a little surprise for my friends for our January stay at BCV ... we're all in town for Marathon Weekend, but this is a first-time stay for a few of them. I was thinking of putting together little monogrammed "Pool Bags" for them but I'm drawing a blank on any cute items that I could fill them with. Help?!

So - I want to put together a little surprise for my friends for our January stay at BCV ... we're all in town for Marathon Weekend, but this is a first-time stay for a few of them. I was thinking of putting together little monogrammed "Pool Bags" for them but I'm drawing a blank on any cute items that I could fill them with. Help?!

Towel Clips!

Can or bottle Koozies? Lip Balm? Small hand held fans?

If you have a "dollar store" nearby, stop in and walk the aisles - you will get lots of inspiration. They even have some Disney items that might be of interest.

One of my favorite dollar store things are the little flashlights. And I get a pack of Disney stickers (also easily found at the dollar store) and put them on the flashlights.

Last edited:
Boy I am sure glad WDW is cooperating with TSA. Left on Magical depress at 7:40am and reached Delta gate 73 by 8:50am for our 11:40am flight. How can I adequately thank them for letting me sit here at this wonderful airport terminal for two whole hours?
Katesdad
And that's why I bought United Club Passes on eBay. Still sat for 3 hours, but at least we had food, beverage, comfortable chairs and plenty of access to electrical outlets. :thumbsup2

And that's why I bought United Club Passes on eBay. Still sat for 3 hours, but at least we had food, beverage, comfortable chairs and plenty of access to electrical outlets. :thumbsup2
I am not flying until February but I think I will use up my United Club Passes for the 3 hour wait at the airport. Thanks for reminding me.

Boy I am sure glad WDW is cooperating with TSA. Left on Magical depress at 7:40am and reached Delta gate 73 by 8:50am for our 11:40am flight. How can I adequately thank them for letting me sit here at this wonderful airport terminal for two whole hours?
Katesdad

It is so annoying to have to leave Disney 4 hours before your flight home, especially when you have TSA pre-check :furious: I called Magical Express after I received my return time letter and asked if there was any way to adjust my pick up time since I was pre-check :rolleyes1 After some back and forth, she agreed to make my pick up time 1/2 an hour later but only as "a one time exception" :headache: Even with that, it still left hours of waiting in the airport :mad:

It is so annoying to have to leave Disney 4 hours before your flight home, especially when you have TSA pre-check :furious: I called Magical Express after I received my return time letter and asked if there was any way to adjust my pick up time since I was pre-check :rolleyes1 After some back and forth, she agreed to make my pick up time 1/2 an hour later but only as "a one time exception" :headache: Even with that, it still left hours of waiting in the airport :mad:
EXACT same thing with us, minus the 30 minute change. :furious:

Even 30 minutes later is still way too early, when it takes less than two minutes to clear PreCheck.

Hey YC & BC friends. Just got back last night & wanted to share a couple things. Although I wasn't at YC or BC this trip I did make a couple trips over to visit with my CM friends at Crews Cup & the new Ale & Compass lounge. The new lounge looks great, but the bar is hidden behind a wall. If you don't know it's there or to look for it you wouldn't know & I think that is hurting the CMs. If you like a glass of wine or cocktail please do make the effort to visit the actual bar if you can. Also, although they're not advertising it you can get the full menu from A&C restaurant at the bar I was told. I didn't order from that menu, but I did try the parker house rolls & dips. Very good.

New menu at the Crews Cup lounge actually looks quite nice and keep this on the down low because they are also not advertising this, but you can still get the truffle fries if you ask. :woohoo:

Looking forward to our NYE trip two weeks from today. I hope the weather is warmer. I froze my butt off Sunday night at MVMCP & again at the DVC event at Epcot Monday night.

Oh & I met Kurt Russell at the DVC wine tasting event on Sunday. What a nice guy! Got a great photo with him. Looks like we've been friends for years! :rotfl:

I took some pictures of the Christmas decorations at the Epcot resorts when we were there at the end of November . I used my cell phone, so they aren't the best pictures, but I'll post them anyway. ;)

I've always wanted to see the gingerbread house at the Boardwalk. We finally made it over there.

BWI gingerbread house.jpg

BWI MM.jpg

BWI R.jpg

BWI 4.jpg

I had heard that the Swan resort had a chocolate Santa display so we stopped over there to check it out.

Swan Resort Chocolate Santa.jpg

Swan Santa 2.jpg

Swan soldier.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter