Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry, but there are no truffle fries on the menu at Ale & Compass Lounge.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/

If there are no hours showing after first week of January, could this mean that Crew's Cup will be the next location to be remodeled?

We ate at Crew's Cup early this November and Truffle Fries weren't on the menu...server said since Captain's closed so no more truffle fries...it was our favorite! :sad1:

Also, with no menu for kids, and no sandwiches available, what do they think a kid can eat for dinner, there?
In the last few years when we visited the Crews Cup (we've usually gone there for a late quick dinner at least once per trip) they've never had a kids menu that I've seen. They've always just pulled items (via the server) from the kids menu next door - chicken tenders, mac'n'cheese, pasta, etc. I hope they'll still be as accommodating...

I just called BC ....8000 number to ask for certain room request (I already did this when I made my reservation). I was asked when I check in - I said Dec 7. I was immediately switched over to the main reservation number. I thought that I would be speaking to someone at BC who was handling the assignment of rooms. Am I wrong? Should I try again tomorrow? Or, who do I ask for?

We leave tomorrow night for Bonnet Creek before our BC stay.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I just called BC ....8000 number to ask for certain room request (I already did this when I made my reservation). I was asked when I check in - I said Dec 7. I was immediately switched over to the main reservation number. I thought that I would be speaking to someone at BC who was handling the assignment of rooms. Am I wrong? Should I try again tomorrow? Or, who do I ask for?

We leave tomorrow night for Bonnet Creek before our BC stay.

I've been calling the "resort" number for quite awhile, to place my room requests, and the CM who answered the call always accepted my requests.

The last time was in October.

We are at the airport waiting for our flight home. We had a great week at WDW and the weather could not have been better. :)

I took a few pictures of the Ale and Compass restaurant this morning. We didn’t eat there, though. We miss the breakfast buffet that Captains Grill used to serve. I’ll post pictures this weekend. :)

We are at the airport waiting for our flight home. We had a great week at WDW and the weather could not have been better. :)

Did you ride Magical Express to MCO? If so, how far in advance of your flight's scheduled departure did they pick you up?

Have a good flight home. The temps are still very warm, in the Midwest, for this time of year!

Last edited:
We are at the Beach Club right now and the information about the Y&B Club on the resort TV channel said that the Crew's Cup Lounge didn't open until 4:30pm. It listed the Ale & compass Lounge as opening at 11am. We stopped in the Ale & Compass Lounge yesterday to take a few pictures. The lounge is beautiful and decorated with a deep blue paint, which makes it a little dark, but serene.

View attachment 285961
The picture with the people sitting in front of the fireplace is the way the lounge looks from the doorway.

View attachment 285962

The shorter row of tables and chairs is to the right as you walk into the room. The hallway to the Ale and Compass restuarnt is just past this seating area on the right.

View attachment 285963 The long line of tables and chairs along the wall to the left is the wall that used to have the bar in the old lounge.

View attachment 285964

This is the big bar that is hiding behind the wall with the fireplace. You can't see the entrance from the lobby but it is a fairly large bar area.

View attachment 285965
The other side of the fireplace faces the bar.

We looked at the restaurant this morning but didn't take any pictures. We'll get there later. It is the same blue color as the lounge.

Had dinner at the Ale & Compass tonight. Big hit. I was the short ribs which just fell away with a fork, my wife had the four cheese ravioli on top of butternut squash and my daughter had the tryout. All dishes were a hit. We started with the Parker House rolls. Loved the decor of both the restaurant and the lounge.

Did you ride magical Express to MCO? If so, how far in advance of your flight's scheduled departure did they pick you up?

Have a good flight home. The temps are still very warm, in the Midwest, for this time of year!
We checked out of the BC on 11/26 and used ME. They picked me up 4 hours ahead of my flight what a pain. After the other resort pick ups we were at MCO an hour later.

Did you ride magical Express to MCO? If so, how far in advance of your flight's scheduled departure did they pick you up?

The Magical Express picked us up at 11:50am for a 3:45pm flight. It took us an hour before we got to the airport due to slow loading. We had TSA precheck and breezed through bag check quickly. We had a nice long lunch at a table service restaurant to help kill the time. I’m sorry that I didn’t really pay attention to how long the regular TSA line was. But the airport didn’t super busy. We had a good flight home.

I took advantage of the 52 degree weather and put up the outdoor Christmas lights. It is usually 30 degrees when I do that.

Looks like I might get to stay at the Beach Club for the first time in June (although I'm really hoping for Yacht Club... loving the refurbished rooms). Are most of the standard views not great?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter