Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We returned Saturday night from a great Thanksgiving week stay at the BC. Our room was a standard with a view of a roof top which was expected and just fine. Our room was clean and in good shape although this is my second stay since the refurb and I still miss the old rooms:sad1:

CM were overall nice and helpful and the holiday decorations were beautiful. The lobby was crowded every day but I expected that. Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May was not very good and we will probably not eat dinner there again as this is our second time. BF is always great!

It was a bit chilly for me but the kids swam a few times and the weather was mild.

One small irritating thing was the coke freestyle machines. There are 2 and only 1 had ice all week long. This made the lines back up all the time at the one. Kinda annoying.

We did not have a reservation at Beaches ans Cream but I stopped by after swimming and asked about the wait. We were told we could be seated at the bar within 45 min. This was perfect bc we had time to get changed and come back down. This made the wait minimal and was a great way to eat there since I could not secure a reservation. Our best meal was Il Mulino and we will definitely return.

The week was very crowded but great. Happy to be back at the Beach Club!

Please write to GS and let them know about the freestyle machines. We had the same issue and it made filling the Disney mugs a nuisance. Nothing like standing in a huge line where everyone not only needs ice for their cups but now are filling two and three different cups. We ended up hardly using our mugs and will probably not purchase them again. We were very disappointed.

We got a text that our room at the BC was ready while we were leaving the Grand Floridian around 10:15 this morning. We couldn't have been happier to have our room already, especially since we didn't get our room at the GF until almost 5pm on Saturday and we didn't want a repeat. We took a taxi to the BC, bringing our luggage with us. We were pleasantly surprised to get upgraded from standard view to garden view, and very convenient to the lobby elevators. We dropped our bags in the room and headed to Epcot. We rode The Land and Soarin' and returned for lunch and relaxing at Storm Along Bay. Now we are headed to dinner at Disney Springs. The weather couldn't be nicer. :)

Hello-we are checking-in 2/9-2/13 at the YC and have been trying to add the night of 2/8 for a few weeks. Does anyone know why it is not available? I even checked Expedia-it just said that night is not available for check-in, not the usual sold out message.

Last edited:

If I book a studio from DVC, will I be getting a renovated room in August? lol Any photos of it? Thanks
All BCV renovations were completed in fall 2016 so you'll get a renovated room. All of the information on BCV rooms, including photos is on page 1, post #11.

All BCV renovations were completed in fall 2016 so you'll get a renovated room. All of the information on BCV rooms, including photos is on page 1, post #11.

Thanks that was so helpful. I’ve learned to always look at page 1 now in here lol

Quick question

Anyway to guarantee I get a full balcony with the studio reservation?

Thanks that was so helpful. I’ve learned to always look at page 1 now in here lol

Quick question

Anyway to guarantee I get a full balcony with the studio reservation?

All BCV studios have a full balcony or patio [1st floor]. Some balconies are larger than others but minimally you'll have a full balcony with two chairs and a small table [and some standing room].

So I have a small, token food gift (bag of popcorn) to give one of the cast members as a thank you for their help on our last trip. I know they can’t accept money/tips but can they accept that themselves or am I just giving it to the beach club in essence?

Additionally if I can give it to them what’s the best way of doing this? Leaving with front desk?

So I have a small, token food gift (bag of popcorn) to give one of the cast members as a thank you for their help on our last trip. I know they can’t accept money/tips but can they accept that themselves or am I just giving it to the beach club in essence?

Additionally if I can give it to them what’s the best way of doing this? Leaving with front desk?

I believe that it is fine to give the gift directly to the CM or CMs if you are able to see them. Otherwise, I would suggest leaving it at the front desk with their name and position.

Thanks for showing appreciation for the person who helped you. If you have not done so yet, sending a complimentary message to Disney's Guest Services and copying the Beach Club management (Cosmo Kapoor) would be beneficial form of recognition for them.

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Cosmo Kapoor, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I believe that it is fine to give the gift directly to the CM or CMs if you are able to see them. Otherwise, I would suggest leaving it at the front desk with their name and position.

Thanks for showing appreciation for the person who helped you. If you have not done so yet, sending a complimentary message to Disney's Guest Services and copying the Beach Club management (Cosmo Kapoor) would be beneficial form of recognition for them.

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Cosmo Kapoor, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2
I will definitely do this as well Thanks

We are checking out today. My husband had a conference here this week. We flew in on Thanksgiving and stayed 2 days at AKL. We checked in to Yacht Club on Saturday.

I’m not sure what happened, but we booked a standard view room and what we got was a corner lagoon view room!! My only request 2 days before was a king size bed. We were very surprised and happy.

We love the YC! We love the convenience of walking to and from Epcot and HS.

Thank you to all the great people who posted all their experiences and tips. It made our trip so nice.

We had no complaints other than the dog off the leash issue. Other than that, everything was great. Thanks for all your help!!

There are major changes to the dinner menu at Crew's Cup Lounge.

Appetizers
Yachtsman Soup of the Day $9.00
Crisp Romaine Salad $9.00
Shaved Parmesan, House-made Dressing, Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp
Pancetta Deviled Eggs $8.00
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
Wianno Oysters Rockefeller $19.00
Cottage Bacon and Creamed Spinach
Charcuterie and Cheese Board $19.00
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
Baked Cheese Dip $13.00
Manchego and Gouda Cheeses, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail $19.00
Old Bay Poached and House-made Cocktail Sauce
Crisp Romaine Salad $7.00
Sourdough, Pull-apart Onion Rolls, Roasted Garlic, and Butter

Entrées
Churrasco Steak and Truffle Frites $36.00
24-hour Marinated and served with Red Chimichurri
Braised Beef Short Ribs $33.00
Mashed Potatoes and Horseradish Potatoes
10-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef $36.00
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, and Au Jus

The burger and lighter, less expensive entrees are gone from the dinner menu, but still on the lunch menu.

Just read recent reviews at https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...eviews-Crew_s_Cup_Lounge-Orlando_Florida.html, and saw that others shared a similar experience to my last dinner at Crew's Cup. The first burger that was served, came out with a thick charred coating and cooked well done, though ordered medium. I showed the server, and she ordered a second burger, which took a long time to be served. That one came barely medium rare, with much of it left on the plate. I was not given any adjustment on the bill or special accommodation. After my last visit, I decided that it was no longer a desirable place for a quick sit-down meal, on the spur of the moment. The new menu only enforces that thought. Also, with no menu for kids, and no sandwiches available, what do they think a kid can eat for dinner, there?

Last edited:
There are major changes to the dinner menu at Crew's Cup Lounge. The burger and lighter, less expensive entrees are gone from the dinner menu, but still on the lunch menu.
So the question is, will they let you order the hamburger and fries if you happen to sit down after 5:00pm in the bar? I hope to find out when we are there in two weeks. Use to be a must-go place for us. Hope it still is.
Katesdad

So the question is, will they let you order the hamburger and fries if you happen to sit down after 5:00pm in the bar? I hope to find out when we are there in two weeks. Use to be a must-go place for us. Hope it still is.
Katesdad
So, there is something strange on the website. When I was last at Crew's Cup, lunch was served until 2:00 pm, with the lounge opening around 12 noon. If you look at the times, now, this is what it shows, thru the first week of January:
Hours of operation listed as 4:30 PM - 12:00 AM
After that first week in January, it lists no hours.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/

Appetizers
Shaved Parmesan, House-made Dressing, Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp
Baked Cheese Dip $13.00
Manchego and Gouda Cheeses, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread

Entrées

The burger and lighter, less expensive entrees are gone from the dinner menu, but still on the lunch menu.

Just read recent reviews at https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...eviews-Crew_s_Cup_Lounge-Orlando_Florida.html, and saw that others shared a similar experience to my last dinner at Crew's Cup. The first burger that was served, came out with a thick charred coating and cooked well done, though ordered medium. I showed the server, and she ordered a second burger, which took a long time to be served. That one came barely medium rare, with much of it left on the plate. I was not given any adjustment on the bill or special accommodation. After my last visit, I decided that it was no longer a desirable place for a quick sit-down meal, on the spur of the moment. The new menu only enforces that thought. Also, with no menu for kids, and no sandwiches available, what do they think a kid can eat for dinner, there?

YIKES...not liking the menu!!! 99% of the items have meat in them...stinks for a person who doesn't eat animals that breathe air.

Appetizers
Baked Cheese Dip $13.00

Entrées

Just read recent reviews at https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...eviews-Crew_s_Cup_Lounge-Orlando_Florida.html, and saw that others shared a similar experience to my last dinner at Crew's Cup. The first burger that was served, came out with a thick charred coating and cooked well done, though ordered medium. I showed the server, and she ordered a second burger, which took a long time to be served. That one came barely medium rare, with much of it left on the plate. I was not given any adjustment on the bill or special accommodation. After my last visit, I decided that it was no longer a desirable place for a quick sit-down meal, on the spur of the
moment. The new menu only enforces that thought. Also, with no menu for kids, and no sandwiches available, what do they think a kid can eat for dinner, there?

When I was there in Oct. my bartender friends told me there were going to a tapas style menu as soon as Ale & Compass reopened. The new menu seems to reflect that. Just my opinion on the highlighted part but I think they want to make CC a true lounge & not so much a destination for dinner. I do think I vaguely remember one of them saying they wouldn't be serving lunch anymore either but don't quote me on that. That would make sense though if the hours currently showing start at 4:30. Like I said I think they want it to be a lounge & not a destination for food. I'll be going to A&C lounge now for my truffle fries. That's ok with me as one of my friends has moved over there to bartend.

We are at the Beach Club right now and the information about the Y&B Club on the resort TV channel said that the Crew's Cup Lounge didn't open until 4:30pm. It listed the Ale & compass Lounge as opening at 11am. We stopped in the Ale & Compass Lounge yesterday to take a few pictures. The lounge is beautiful and decorated with a deep blue paint, which makes it a little dark, but serene.

Ale & Compass bar.jpg
The picture with the people sitting in front of the fireplace is the way the lounge looks from the doorway.

A&C right.jpg

The shorter row of tables and chairs is to the right as you walk into the room. The hallway to the Ale and Compass restuarnt is just past this seating area on the right.

A&C lounge left.jpg The long line of tables and chairs along the wall to the left is the wall that used to have the bar in the old lounge.

A&C bartender.jpg

This is the big bar that is hiding behind the wall with the fireplace. You can't see the entrance from the lobby but it is a fairly large bar area.

A&C bar.jpg
The other side of the fireplace faces the bar.

We looked at the restaurant this morning but didn't take any pictures. We'll get there later. It is the same blue color as the lounge.

Last edited:
When I was there in Oct. my bartender friends told me there were going to a tapas style menu as soon as Ale & Compass reopened. The new menu seems to reflect that. Just my opinion on the highlighted part but I think they want to make CC a true lounge & not so much a destination for dinner. I do think I vaguely remember one of them saying they wouldn't be serving lunch anymore either but don't quote me on that. That would make sense though if the hours currently showing start at 4:30. Like I said I think they want it to be a lounge & not a destination for food. I'll be going to A&C lounge now for my truffle fries. That's ok with me as one of my friends has moved over there to bartend.
Sorry, but there are no truffle fries on the menu at Ale & Compass Lounge.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/

If there are no hours showing after first week of January, could this mean that Crew's Cup will be the next location to be remodeled?

Just so you know - in my opinion, the pillows in the Beach Club rooms are much nicer than the pillows at the Grand Floridian. But the Keurig coffee maker in the rooms at the Grand make a better cup of coffee than the Cuisinart machines in the BC rooms. I hope they get the Keurigs at the BC. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!