Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are going the week before Christmas. So looking forward to not experiencing the heat of the summer! How much rain does this time of year usually get? Do we need to pack poncho's?

I have caught up on reading posts and updates to the Be Our Guest list.

I would appreciate if everyone could take a peek and let me know if I need to make any additions/changes/updates to the list.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes
We have added 2 nights to our BC stay. We are now staying July 7-16, 2018. Thanks for all you do on this tread! I don't post much yet, but read multiple times a day. We are heading to central Florida for Thanksgiving to visit my MIL and heading to Disney to look at all of the decorations, shop at Disney Springs, and have dinner at Citricos. Can't wait! Need to get my Disney fix any way I can!

We are going the week before Christmas. So looking forward to not experiencing the heat of the summer! How much rain does this time of year usually get? Do we need to pack poncho's?

It wouldn't hurt! Seems like when you pack something in case you need it, you probably won't, so you are helping to avoid it raining during your trip.

During our recent (mid-October) 5 day trip it only rained during our trip, but I was glad I had ponchos.

My bonus tip- bring a largish (2.5 gallon bag) to put the wet ponchos into if you no longer need them. That way you can keep everything else you are carrying dry until you get back to your room.

:umbrella:

We've been at BC since Monday and aside from a handful of service dogs (which we see at all resorts and parks) we haven't noticed any additional dogs around the properties - although we haven't spent much time at YC except for an evening at Crews Cup last night for a late dinner and drinks.

I was finally able to change my rack rate at POFQ to the Beach Club with my passholder discount. Still pretty pricey at $370 a night, I usually pay that for club level and this is for a lagoon/pool view. Oh well, Merry Christmas to me!!!

Our dates are 11/28 to 12/3

We have added 2 nights to our BC stay. We are now staying July 7-16, 2018. Thanks for all you do on this tread! I don't post much yet, but read multiple times a day. We are heading to central Florida for Thanksgiving to visit my MIL and heading to Disney to look at all of the decorations, shop at Disney Springs, and have dinner at Citricos. Can't wait! Need to get my Disney fix any way I can!
Love Citricos enjoy your meal.

My bonus tip- bring a largish (2.5 gallon bag) to put the wet ponchos into if you no longer need them. That way you can keep everything else you are carrying dry until you get back to your room.:umbrella:

I respectfully disagree with natebenma. I bring a plastic shopping bag, like the type you get at CVS, for my wet poncho. That way I don't have to fold it as carefully. If it's still raining and I have to keep taking it off every time I go inside for an attraction and then put it back on when I go back outside, I find this easier for me.

Is the compass and ale house open yet? We were there a few weeks ago and I believe they said it would open in November. Heading for a quick trip in a few weeks and wanted to top in if it was open. Thanks to all :)

I was so excited to see I could book Breakfast on November 17 our last day at YC but it is showing no availability ☹️[/QUOT

That’s a bummer. I wanted to try it too but I thought they were not opening until after thanksgiving week( when we are there). I will have to take a look and see what’s available but I’m probably too late now.

:offtopic: Does anyone know if you can use Starbucks rewards for a free coffee, from the Starbucks app, at the Starbucks in the parks?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter