Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's official! I just booked our split stay for next summer, 4 nights POFQ (June 18-21), 1 night GF (June 22), and 8 glorious nights at BC from June 23-July 1 :yay:. 221 days to go...

The first 4 nights are subject to change once the AP discounts come out - I'm really wanting to go back to AKL but it depends on what kind of deal we can get.

Page 1090-1093

Long time reader. First time poster to this thread.
We will be at BC from December 1-9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:
You can add us January 27-29 YC. :dogdance: The Disney Visa code was so good I just had to add a couple days to our trip. :D

Will do!!!

:woohoo:

Ok Dee,
We've finally picked Honeymoon dates and places! I still hate the dog policy, but have received enough reassurance about it that we're comfortable booking part of hour Honeymoon at YC! We're staying there currently from 8/23-8/27 after 8/16-23 at the GF. We'll keep an eye on how the dog situation is going and potentially adjust accordingly, but it's nice to check something else off the wedding "to do" list!

Congrats, my friends!

I'll add your trip to the list.

:love2:

:offtopic:

@YCFAN

Reporting on elder abuse...

We recently moved my dad into a senior housing apartment. Thought of you the other day when I went into one of the community rooms. Look where Capt. Salty is spending his retirement years after being removed from the YC walls during the recent renovation...

IMG_2194[1].JPG

:sail:

We also always wipe down the remote, phone, door knobs and other "much touched" areas with a clorox wipe as soon as we enter the room - the wipe came away pretty dirty, so, you might want to think about bringing some of them along. (We always bring them the plane to wipe down the trays, armrests, etc.)

I am another one who wipes down those things in the room before I touch them :rolleyes1I do the light switches on the walls too and also carry the wipes on the plane :thumbsup2 Nice to meet so many other germ avoidance people ::yes::

^^^ I always bring a pack of wipes on board the plane with me (although I almost always forget to use them)

On a recent flight, on the way to the Fantasy Cruise, my pack of wipes was flagged for extra scrutiny, along with the Tasty Cakes I had brought as a gift to Teena.

:sad2:

I have just changed my reservations, April 8 - 14th to YC. My DH has never stayed at a deluxe as he loves POFQ. Since it will just be the two of us and we have never been during Flower and Garden, I thought I would surprise him!

Natebenma, your thread is well done, Thanks!!

:welcome: and thanks so much for the kind words!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

I'm 18 days out and super excited! This is our first deluxe trip. We are staying at Yacht club. Has the AC issue been resolved? Any other packing tips from people who have been recently? I'm hoping the weather will stay warm so we can enjoy SAB because i know my three year old will love it.

Are you concerned about temps that are too hot or too cold in the room? Recent reports are that the AC is working fine- sufficiently chilly.

:cold:

Room 3622 was a very pleasant stay at BC. Good housekeeping, relatively quiet area near elevators, and close to the lobby. There was some noise in the morning from the outside eating area (near Marketplace), but I guess that’s to be expected. All in all, we had a nice stay.

:welcome: to the thread.

So glad to hear you had a great stay.

Do you happen to have any room view pix?

::yes::

YAY!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January.

:cheer2:

It's official! I just booked our split stay for next summer, 4 nights POFQ (June 18-21), 1 night GF (June 22), and 8 glorious nights at BC from June 23-July 1 :yay:. 221 days to go...

The first 4 nights are subject to change once the AP discounts come out - I'm really wanting to go back to AKL but it depends on what kind of deal we can get.

I'll add your trip to the list.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
I didn’t take any room view pics. Sorry.

We had a Juliet balcony and a view of a courtyard (room 3622). The same courtyard you are when you eat outside The Marketplace.

Since POFQ is under refurbishment, there has been little if any discounts available in the Special Offers, including the current AP Spring offer. Maybe it will open up for you for June...

Since POFQ is under refurbishment, there has been little if any discounts available in the Special Offers, including the current AP Spring offer. Maybe it will open up for you for June...

I got a 20% discount for POFQ through my TA, so not too bad. She didn't have a discount for AKL next June though, so I'm waiting to see about the AP offer there and then I might switch to AKL. The AP discount last June was actually better than the agency exclusive so I'm hopeful.

Ale & Compass- Historical Post

REAL COFFEE ALERT!!!

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.

In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit.

IMG_21432-1.jpg

Thanks, Niki in NJ for the photo!

Ale and Compass Menu, Jan 2017

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos
Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast by natebenma, August 2014

Captain's Grille-Historical Post

DSCN2926-1.jpg

Major Renovation and Temporary Relocation of Captain's Grill Restaurant

Captain's Grille, one of the table service restaurants located just off the lobby of Disney's Yacht Club Resort is getting ready to be refurbished. Instead of closing, the restaurant will be relocating to Ariel’s, a former restaurant space located at the nearby Beach Club, from mid-May until sometime this Fall as the work is being completed.

blog post:
Captain's Grille will undergo major overhaul in 2017, exact dates unknown

The Captain's Grille (formerly the Yacht Club Galley) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Please note: Disney Visa holders can save 10% on the purchase of breakfast or lunch by using their card at the Captain's Grille

Captain's Grille Breakfast, Ariel's Location, June 2017

Captain's Grille Menu, March 2016

IMG_0330-1.jpg
IMG_0327-1.jpg
IMG_0336-1.jpg

Here is a link to a few pictures from the daily breakfast buffet provided by TaraPA: Breakfast Buffet pictures

The Breakfast Club, Captain's Grille, August 2014

Captain's Grille Breakfast review by missyrose and pixeldust

Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet, Review by emmysmommy

Captain's Grille Lunch review by natebenma, July 2013

Captain's Grille Lunch review by MEK and Captain's Grille Lunch review by eandesmom

Captain's Grille Dinner Review by natebenma, August 2015 (DISmeet)

Captain's Grille Dinner Review by natebenma, with Teena July 2013

Captain's Grille Dinner Review by Natebenma, July 2010

I wanted to mention, there is a girl who works in Captian's Grill named Meghan.. She was a former princess ( Giselle in the parade, aurora, Cinderella) she is the sweetest person and if you have kids, she is fantastic for interaction with them... She is fantastic and super sweet. She has an Instagram account where she posts old pictures of herself as a princess disneyfitgirl. I make a point to see her (she works weekends) so I thought I would pass that on.

This link was posted on the Club Level thread. Looks like the reviewer was able to stay on the 5th floor with his dog.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Locatio...sney_s_Yacht_Club_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html
Thanks for posting this. There has been so much conflicting information as to which areas of the YC can be booked as dog-friendly rooms. This is the first confirmation that pet dogs are allowed on the 5th floor...and on the bed.

So, with pet dogs being accepted on the 5th floor, that means pet dogs will be allowed in the elevators, as well as most first floor areas, in order to get to the designated dog refuse area, near the Quiet Pool.

Any recommendations for a standard room request at the YC? Prefer to be close to lobby, lower floor. Thanks!

Any recommendations for a standard room request at the YC? Prefer to be close to lobby, lower floor. Thanks!

I would just word it that way "close to lobby, lower floor". I don't think there are any standard rooms on the first floor. Pretty sure the first floor is all garden or water view.

party:9 Days till Thanksgiving at the BCparty:

:rockband::dancer:Single Digit Dancing:dancer::rockband:

Our first stay at the Beach Club (and second trip ever to the World) was a 8-day split stay at the Yacht & Beach Club on a Thanksgiving a long time ago So it's near and dear to our hearts. It was a great time to go then. It was back when the Boardwalk was being built. How things have changed since.

I have caught up on reading posts and updates to the Be Our Guest list.

I would appreciate if everyone could take a peek and let me know if I need to make any additions/changes/updates to the list.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes

I don't remember not being specific with our dates. We'll be the from May 16-22. Thanks.

Last edited:
Our first stay at the Beach Club (and second trip ever to the World) was a 8-day split stay at the Yacht & Beach Club on a Thanksgiving a long time ago So it's near and dear to our hearts. It was a great time to go then. It was back when the Boardwalk was being built. How things have changed since.
I'm really looking forward to all the added Christmas stuff in Epcot this year. It will be so nice to stroll over in the evenings :goodvibes

Page 1086-1087

:welcome: to posting on the thread about your feelings about the Beach/Yacht Club.

And WHAT?!? You are disappearing for 2 years?

Feel free to hang around with us until your next trip.

:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Something else that surprises me, people are always saying there isn't enough quick service options in the Beach/Yacht, but honestly I felt that way about the Polynesian.
Staying at Beach/Yacht you can go over to Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk Hotel and most importantly, Epcot for quick service!
At Poly we felt limited just to there and Grand Floridian for quick service, as everything else was a monorail or boat ride away. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter