Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just finished our FPS! Had to resign in a few times after getting the “OOPS” page, and had to modify some, but got everything we wanted. :mickeyjum So excited. It’ll be the first time we’ve ever gone to Disney in January. Anyone care to share how the crowds are the second week in January? It doesn’t look much different than some days in September on the crowd calendars. I have to take a brief walk down memory lane now & mourn the times when September had no real crowds, . To quote Archie & Edith, “Those were the days...”.
Sounds like you'll be there right after marathon weekend [with us]. Crowds are definitely manageable most of the week with a gradual increase towards the end of the week with the MLK holiday. Even during marathon weekend itself, park crowds are very manageable with some hobbling runners [including me] to contend with. I think you're in for a good week!

It's pretty "enlightening" :rotfl2:when you look around your room with these lights.... and sometimes, not in a good way!

Hahaha! Well I'll probably just use it to look for bedbugs. I don't even want to know what the carpet looks like - I'll just wear socks!

It's pretty "enlightening" :rotfl2:when you look around your room with these lights.... and sometimes, not in a good way!

And apparently also handy for scorpion hunting! I had bought some cheaper ones for a PTA haunted house, I wonder if they'd work for bedbugs too...I stayed at the YC last spring in a renovated room without the carpeting and I wasn't sure how I felt about the new floors. They looked nice but could be noisy. But I'm finding them more appealing after your posts!

And apparently also handy for scorpion hunting! I had bought some cheaper ones for a PTA haunted house, I wonder if they'd work for bedbugs too...I stayed at the YC last spring in a renovated room without the carpeting and I wasn't sure how I felt about the new floors. They looked nice but could be noisy. But I'm finding them more appealing after your posts!
Well, I guess we've been walking around in hotels for many years without knowing (or wanting to know!!!) what had been spilled on the carpeting before we arrived.... I know personally, I have added to spills - entire contents of 4 coffee mugs dumped when I tried to balance and use my MB to open my door.... I tried to get it all up, using practically every towel in the room... Not sure that coffee would "flare" like biological stains do, but I'm sure lots of stuff gets dropped...doesn't mean everyone is leaving icky things in the room. Does it?????? :crazy2:

Well, I guess we've been walking around in hotels for many years without knowing (or wanting to know!!!) what had been spilled on the carpeting before we arrived.... I know personally, I have added to spills - entire contents of 4 coffee mugs dumped when I tried to balance and use my MB to open my door.... I tried to get it all up, using practically every towel in the room... Not sure that coffee would "flare" like biological stains do, but I'm sure lots of stuff gets dropped...doesn't mean everyone is leaving icky things in the room. Does it?????? :crazy2:

Yikes! And having to clean up the mess before you have had your coffee :sad:

But hopefully it's more food spills like that - hopefully!? I try not to reflect upon that too much! But good to look out for bedbugs because they can be anywhere! After seeing my niece deal with it last year in her apartment complex - it's tough!

I have just changed my reservations, April 8 - 14th to YC. My DH has never stayed at a deluxe as he loves POFQ. Since it will just be the two of us and we have never been during Flower and Garden, I thought I would surprise him!

Natebenma, your thread is well done, Thanks!!

We are trying the Flower/Garden for the first time as well! March 5-11, YC....not much of an AP discount though:(.

Reactions: msk
Just finished our FPS! Had to resign in a few times after getting the “OOPS” page, and had to modify some, but got everything we wanted. :mickeyjum So excited. It’ll be the first time we’ve ever gone to Disney in January. Anyone care to share how the crowds are the second week in January? It doesn’t look much different than some days in September on the crowd calendars. I have to take a brief walk down memory lane now & mourn the times when September had no real crowds, . To quote Archie & Edith, “Those were the days...”.
We went this week in 2015. We had an awesome low crowd week until the weekend hit. The marathon was the week before so there were still some runners around when we checked in Monday but i don't think it impacted our stay at all. We tried MK on the Saturday of MLK weekend which was our last day, did our fastpass for Seven Dwarves, and hopped to Epcot. This was not our plan, but the crowds were just too much for me and my DH to handle after a long week. Because of this experience we never plan MK on a Saturday. You're going to have an awesome low crowd trip! I would just plan the MLK weekend knowing there will be high crowds.

I'm 18 days out and super excited! This is our first deluxe trip. We are staying at Yacht club. Has the AC issue been resolved? Any other packing tips from people who have been recently? I'm hoping the weather will stay warm so we can enjoy SAB because i know my three year old will love it.

Page 1086-1087

Just got back from a 5 night stay at YC, we were room 2114 which was the second floor front corner room. There are 5 of us so we had 2 queens and a couch/daybed.

The 'TV' side of the room had 2 windows on it which was nice but the downside was that corner was right near maintenance and I could frequently hear them early in the morning. Not enough for me to complain though.

I am pretty sure that corner room might be 1' or so wider than normal rooms based on the pictures. There was a lot of space between the beds and the dressers.

I really liked the renovated rooms but that flooring can get annoying with the sand and everything else you track in your room. I noticed my feet were black from dirt and the only time I didn't wear shoes was in the room.

No dogs to be seen in the resort. Saw a few service dogs outside and around the boardwalk but I expect that anywhere.

I found the YC market to be a bit lacking in options compared to BC. Multiple times I walked over to the BC market for items like: Mickey Waffles, Bottle of Wine/alcohol(YC doesn't have full white bottles), better snack selection, etc. With that said YC had some higher end food choices like a Cheese platter and a charcuterie platter. YC also had 'action stations' each night with a different food item prepared.

It was pretty cold when we were there and interestingly on the chilly days there were no wristband checks at SAB. When it was nicer, they were checking.

All in all, our second trip to Disney in 8 months. We did an easter trip for 7 days at Contemporary. While I loved the walk to MK from Cont. I think I actually like YC better. The pool, the location to Epcot and Hollywood, the boardwalk, all combined make it a great spot for us and our kids.

Oh yeah, I also took about 8 minnie vans, so if you have questions on that, I am well versed on them.

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thank you so much for sharing your review and experiences from your trip.

Do you have any pictures of the view from your room?

:goodvibes

Please add us to March 5-11, 2018. Decided at the last minute, as an AP holder, to see what the discounts were like for Spring. We've never been for the Flower and Garden, if anyone wants to share their experiences, that would be great. Also taking a chance on this"Deluxe Room, Club level" category at the yacht club. Again, anyone with experience with this room category, please share. Pix would be great!

Will do!

We have very little info about the YC Deluxe Rooms :(

I would love if someone has pictures to share!

:cool1:

hi all!

Just wanted to say we are on our last day at Polynesian, and while we liked it here, we missed our normal stay with Beach/Yacht TREMENDOUSLY! The ease of Epcot, the beauty of the hotels is just too hard to top.

Will talk to you in 2020!

:welcome: to posting on the thread about your feelings about the Beach/Yacht Club.

And WHAT?!? You are disappearing for 2 years?

Feel free to hang around with us until your next trip.

:thumbsup2

I just received a Disney Resorts survey for recent YC stay. The survey had the usual questions about the guest experience, but also had a new question, this time. The survey wanted to know if I:

• Brought a service animal with me during my stay
  • Brought a dog with me (not a service animal)
  • Neither of the above

Room 3622 was a very pleasant stay at BC. Good housekeeping, relatively quiet area near elevators, and close to the lobby. There was some noise in the morning from the outside eating area (near Marketplace), but I guess that’s to be expected. All in all, we had a nice stay.

Page 1088-1089

Hello - quick and weird question. We usually rent points to stay at Boardwalk and are currently looking at that option for late January but I'm guessing not much will be available. While scrolling through AP rates in late January I came across the Yacht Club for $277. Compared to other Epcot resorts this was half the price or more than half. Is this a normal AP rate? Am I missing something big? Is there major refurb going on? Thanks for any info! Never stayed at the Yacht Club but very tempted now.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'm not sure why the rate you got is significantly lower than others in the area. Room refurbs at the Yacht Club were completed this fall. Lobby restaurant and spaces remodeling are nearing completion and should be done by the end of the year. I'm not aware of anything major on the horizon.

Did you jump on the rate and book?

:goodvibes

Can someone please tell me where exactly on the 5th floor is the Stone Harbor Club? I'm sending in my room request and would like to be close to the concierge room, but I don't know where it is!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Here is a detailed map showing the layout of rooms.

Beach Club Room Layout

:thumbsup2

Just got back from a 7-day stay at Beach Club Villas in a studio room on the 3rd floor. It was our first time staying there and it definitely won’t be our last. We absolutely LOVED Beach Club - it’s a beautiful resort, the CMs were wonderful, the pool was great, and we loved being able to walk to Epcot and Boardwalk area and boat to HS.

As much as I would love to try another resort, I can definitely see us staying here again for our next trip. I’m an official BC lover!

Another convert! So glad to hear you loved the resort.

:woohoo:

We got back from our wonderful girls only trip four weeks ago after which I promptly started a new job so I've been a very lax DIS boards contributor! It was my second stay at the Yacht Club (third stay in the Y&B resort) and my Mum's first stay. Although we worked out my 8th visit and my Mum's 9th :D We had a lovely stay and I am going to be starting a full trip report either tonight or tomorrow but I thought I would do a quick brief on YC here!

If anybody is interested in more of our trip I've started a trip report here.

Thank you so much for your detailed review and link to your trip report. I'll check it out when (if) I ever get caught up...

::yes::

I know others answered your question but I wanted to add that we used our AAA discount when renting them. I think they said there were a few other discounts available, but I don't remember what they were. Always ready to save a few bucks!

~Cari~ pluto:

Thanks for the tip!!! I'll add the info to the Page 1, Post 5 posting about the marina.

:thanks:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter