Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am another one who wipes down those things in the room before I touch them :rolleyes1I do the light switches on the walls too and also carry the wipes on the plane :thumbsup2 Nice to meet so many other germ avoidance people ::yes::

The only dogs we've seen here are service dogs. I spent some time chatting with a CM, and she said the rules around having them in the rooms are pretty strict, and that all dogs are required to be crated when left alone. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
We saw more dogs than ever this past weekend. Some with Service dog tags on their harness, most not. One riding in a stroller. Another small yip dog. No thanks.:sad2:

During our recent girl's trip, @JanetMom and I made a pilgrimage to the Beach Club. We visited the Marketplace where I took the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures. When we were finished, a cast member came up to me and said "Hi!" with so much enthusiasm we both thought she knew me. I had to ask and she said "No. You two just look so happy!"

And we were.

Maybe because we were "home". Maybe because we had just split a La Vie En Rose in France.

Whatever the reason, our hearts or the booze, we stood in the Marketplace, documenting for youse:

(apologies to lovers of How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

:santa:

Last edited:
Beach Club Marketplace 2017

DSCF9509.jpg

DSCF9508.jpg

Quick Serve

DSCF9520.jpg

DSCF9528.jpg

DSCF9529.jpg

DSCF9532.jpg

DSCF9531.jpg

DSCF9527.jpg

Grocery Items

DSCF9514.jpg

DSCF9519.jpg

Beer & Wine

DSCF9515.jpg

DSCF9516.jpg

DSCF9517.jpg

DSCF9518.jpg

Kris Pinot $19.95
Iron Horse Sparkling Wine $35
Bellafina Pink Moscato $16.95
McManis Chardonnay $18.95
Soleil Mimosa $21
King Estate Pinot $15
Flip Flop Sparkling Wine (can) $9

Merchandise

DSCF9510.jpg

DSCF9511.jpg

DSCF9512.jpg

DSCF9513.jpg

Last edited:

Page 1081-1082

My internet access is acting up, so I am having problems with pics and links...so, I appologize for the weirdo question.
Do they sell cream cheese bars or little packets at BC?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Yes, you can purchase a Philly cream cheese block ($3.79 on 2015 Marketplace Price listing) and I think there are small packets of cream cheese available- they may even be out by the toaster along with pats of butter but I am not positive.

:thumbsup2

We used the accessible Minnie van service from the Beach Club and it was wonderful!! Highly recommended!

:welcome: and thanks so much for sharing your positive experience

:goodvibes

Does anyone have any experience with the Ship Shape Salon and hair cuts? Specifically ladies hair cut. The good, the bad?

BUMP!!!

I am always looking for guest reviews of the spa. If we have any, I have posted them on Page 1, Post 5.

Would love to add more if anyone has 'em!

::yes::

Can you enter Epcot at RD from the international gateway entrance if staying at BC? We’ve always stayed in monorail area or AKL, so BC is new to us! Thanks!

When is your trip?

As others have replied yes, you can get to FW at EPCOT via the International Gateway prior to the World Showcase opening time.

:cool1:

:wave2:

Long time, no see!!!

Are you coming back to the resort sometime soon???

:cool2:

During our recent girl's trip, @JanetMom and I made a pilgrimage to the Beach Club. We visited the Marketplace where I took the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures. When we were finished, a cast member came up to me and said "Hi!" with so much enthusiasm we both thought she knew me. I had to ask and she said "No. You two just look so happy!"

And we were.

Maybe because we were "home". Maybe because we had just split a La Vie En Rose in France.

Whatever the reason, our hearts or the booze, we stood in the Marketplace, documenting for youse:

(apologies to lovers of How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

:santa:
We stopped at the Beach Club during the “girls” trip and we both felt like we were home. :) I guess that’s why we stay there more than any other resort.

Page 1083-1086

It was nice going through the last few pages. Once again my heart was warmed by all of the birthday greetings!

Just booked a BCV stay for 2018, we haven't stayed there in years, but we are very excited to stay there using our new BCV points (I will miss YC though).

September 29th to October 3rd 2018

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We're at BC 1/6-1/13.

I actually do check the rooms for bugs every trip, every hotel. I've got 3 rooms this trip to do!

I'll put your dates on the list.

:goodvibes

I was thrilled to find availability at BCV at the 7 month window. Usually hard to get a stay of any decent length. Is mid-May a quiet time usually? I know get schools aren't out yet, but most universities end around mid-May.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool2:

Dee - would you please add our January dates to the list.

BC Jan 20-24, 2018

My pleasure!

:banana::banana::banana:

We saw only 2 or 3 dogs, all of whom were service dogs, in our entire stay last week, and that included parks and resorts.

On a side note, (if you are sensitive to "yuk" stop reading now), because of the bed bug report at BC before our trip, I brought down an ultraviolet flashlight to look for them (found none), and while we had it out, we looked at the carpeting.... UGH!!! I'm really sorry we did, because there were several LARGE "splashes" around the bed, and through out the room, which were not visible in normal lighting. Now obviously, they were not necessarily "biological" stains, but I'm guessing that some were...... Needless to say, we wore socks anytime we were in the room. Probably not any worse than going barefoot outside, but somehow it feels it is.

Up until now, I haven't been a fan of the hard flooring, but after seeing this, (and we didn't even look in the bathroom!!) I know I'll feel better about the cleanliness of the floors. But, saying that, my handy dandy UV light will be permanently packed in my suitcase for future trips!

Other than the carpet, though, the housekeeping was for the most part, very well done. One day, they forgot to restock the coffee, but I had brought my own pods just in case, so it wasn't a problem. Towels, glasses, cups and toiletries were replaced every day, and trash/recycle bins emptied. No complaints there.

We also always wipe down the remote, phone, door knobs and other "much touched" areas with a clorox wipe as soon as we enter the room - the wipe came away pretty dirty, so, you might want to think about bringing some of them along. (We always bring them the plane to wipe down the trays, armrests, etc.)

Normally, I'm not a neatnik, but after a few trips where I ended up with nasty colds or sinus infections, I started doing this whenever I fly or stay in a hotel, and I think it has helped.
I must get one of those flashlights!!!

I have just changed my reservations, April 8 - 14th to YC. My DH has never stayed at a deluxe as he loves POFQ. Since it will just be the two of us and we have never been during Flower and Garden, I thought I would surprise him!

Natebenma, your thread is well done, Thanks!!

Ok Dee,
We've finally picked Honeymoon dates and places! I still hate the dog policy, but have received enough reassurance about it that we're comfortable booking part of hour Honeymoon at YC! We're staying there currently from 8/23-8/27 after 8/16-23 at the GF. We'll keep an eye on how the dog situation is going and potentially adjust accordingly, but it's nice to check something else off the wedding "to do" list!

I am going to break into your room and hide Milkbones in every nook and crannie. Then, in the middle of the night I'm going to pick the lock and unleash a pack of toy poodles in your room while you are asleep.

~NM
PS, The poodles don't like sharing the bed so you might want to request a day bed for you and the Mister.
;)

When is your trip?

Yes, you can purchase a Philly cream cheese block ($3.79 on 2015 Marketplace Price listing) and I think there are small packets of cream cheese available- they may even be out by the toaster along with pats of butter but I am not positive.

:thumbsup2

Thank you!
We will be there December 15-28!!!!
It is our first stay there, and I am sooo excited. The kids think we are staying at CBR; they are going to flip when we get there!

Last edited:
Just finished our FPS! Had to resign in a few times after getting the “OOPS” page, and had to modify some, but got everything we wanted. :mickeyjum So excited. It’ll be the first time we’ve ever gone to Disney in January. Anyone care to share how the crowds are the second week in January? It doesn’t look much different than some days in September on the crowd calendars. I have to take a brief walk down memory lane now & mourn the times when September had no real crowds, . To quote Archie & Edith, “Those were the days...”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter