Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello Beach/Yacht Club lovers! I am currently booked at both YC and Coronado for my solo trip, because I can't decide between them. :sad2:
Please help me decide! Or rather, please help me justify staying alone at the Yacht Club in October. ;P :thanks:

I love CSR, it's our go-to for a mod, but there is just no question - I would definitely choose YC over CSR if it's in the budget! Especially during F&W. I'm not positive, but I would think the pool would be open until 9 or 10PM in October. It's open until 10PM this month.

I se
I get to book ADRs soon for our Spring 2018 trip. We are staying at BCV. Trying to figure out what I should do for dinner on our last night. 4 adults, 2 kids (6 and 3). I think we will spend the morning at Epcot. We do have park hoppers and there is good chance we will come back to the resort for a swim in the afternoon. I sort of want to leave some flexibility but we are going over Spring Break so I feel like having an ADR on the books is a good idea. I can always drop it early in the week if I don't think we will use it. So, that being said I was I think of making the ADR around the EP resorts or at Epcot. Maybe Yachtsman Steakhouse?

What do you typically book for your last night in the World? What would you recommend in EP or at the EP resorts?

I second (or third) the Via Napoli recommendation. We had a terrific meal there on our last trip. If you are looking for steak, can't go wrong with Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot.

Just a heads up. The pop machines in the Market Place will be gone for a week. My husband was just told you have to us Hurricane Hannah's.

Thanks for the heads up on this! Sorry to bother you on your way out of there. Is it just the pop/soda/tonic/Coke dispenser? Can you still get coffee, tea, hot chocolate, iced tea in the Marketplace?

THAT'S gonna be fun!

I hope the YC beverage dispensers are not down at the same time.

:headache:

Thanks for the heads up on this! Sorry to bother you on your way out of there. Is it just the pop/soda/tonic/Coke dispenser? Can you still get coffee, tea, hot chocolate, iced tea in the Marketplace?

THAT'S gonna be fun!

I hope the YC beverage dispensers are not down at the same time.

:headache:

I'm happy to help! The coffee is still there but not sure about the tea or hot chocolate. There has been construction going on when you first walk down the steps in the clothes section. We thought maybe they were adding a dressing room but I'm not sure.

We have done Via Napoli before and liked it. I will definitely have to consider it.

What do you typically book for your last night in the World? What would you recommend in EP or at the EP resorts?
We like Trattoria al Forno. Check the menu and see if it appeals to you. Yachtsman is a great restaurant if you are in the mood for a big dinner.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to see if you are there. If not- why not???

I haven't asked to be on the Be Our Guest list yet, but I guess I better have you add it, since it is getting closer.

BC - Nov 28th to Dec 1st - (split with GF)

Question about getting into Epcot from YC. So it's morning, but the world showcase doesn't open until 11am right? So can I still enter Epcot and get to Future World and do things like Soarin' and Mission Space? Also, what time does Frozen open up? I haven't tried to ride that one yet. Then follow up, if I take a lazy morning at the pool until I go into Epcot, what do you guys recommend for breakfast on the Boardwalk?

Question about getting into Epcot from YC. So it's morning, but the world showcase doesn't open until 11am right? So can I still enter Epcot and get to Future World and do things like Soarin' and Mission Space?
The International Gateway opens at the same time as the main entrance to Epcot. You won't have any trouble getting over there at rope drop. :)

if I take a lazy morning at the pool until I go into Epcot, what do you guys recommend for breakfast on the Boardwalk?
It depends on what you like for breakfast. There are breakfast items at both the YC Marketplace and the BC Marketplace. The cinnamon roll at the YC is the most delicious thing ever. You can also walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery or slip into Epcot for breakfast at the bakery in France.

The main pool opens at 9am. :)

Question about getting into Epcot from YC. So it's morning, but the world showcase doesn't open until 11am right? So can I still enter Epcot and get to Future World and do things like Soarin' and Mission Space? Also, what time does Frozen open up? I haven't tried to ride that one yet. Then follow up, if I take a lazy morning at the pool until I go into Epcot, what do you guys recommend for breakfast on the Boardwalk?

You enter EPCOT through the International Gateway which is just a short walk from YC/BC. It opens at the same time the front gates open and sometimes just a bit sooner.

World Showcase does not open until 11:00 a.m., but you are able to get to Les Halles in France which opens at the same time the park opens

You can enter the IG and get to all of the Future World attractions when the park opens

Frozen opens at park opening.

Breakfast on the Boardwalk offers many options. Fresh or Picabu at Dolphin, Boardwalk Bakery near BWI, Marketplace at BC, Ale & Compass at YC, and Captain's Grill which is currently at BC, but will be moving back to its refurbished home at YC in October, I believe.

I read a rumor on a social media site that the reason the soda machines in Beach Club Marketplace are down is because they will be replaced with Coke Freestyle machines.

I read a rumor on a social media site that the reason the soda machines in Beach Club Marketplace are down is because they will be replaced with Coke Freestyle machines.

Any estimate on when the machines will be back in use? Our trip is in 2 weeks!

Here now, that is what I was told by CM last night when I picked up my cups. She said "just to let you know, we are getting Coke Freestyle machines tomorrow and will only have canned sodas but you can still use the machine at Hurricane Hannah's. I will check it out later and take some pics.

Just arrived in our room. We are in 3515, nice view of the quiet pool and if I look left I can see parts of the Boardwalk. Very long walk from the elevators, but short walk to secrete to Epcot, which is great. Large balcony which is good because I enjoy sitting out there and reading. The only toiletries we have is a tube of lotion and 2 bars of soap. The lotion looks sad sitting on the tray by itself!

Will take pictures later. We are off to Epcot!

You enter EPCOT through the International Gateway which is just a short walk from YC/BC. It opens at the same time the front gates open and sometimes just a bit sooner.

World Showcase does not open until 11:00 a.m., but you are able to get to Les Halles in France which opens at the same time the park opens

Breakfast on the Boardwalk offers many options. Fresh or Picabu at Dolphin, Boardwalk Bakery near BWI, Marketplace at BC, Ale & Compass at YC, and Captain's Grill which is currently at BC, but will be moving back to its refurbished home at YC in October, I believe.
Yes! Les Halles! I remembered reading somewhere that you can grab breakfast from there & then go back to YC and eat by the pool and yesssssss this is what I want to do. Important follow up, pool opens at 9am, can I get a mimosa there? :D

Just arrived in our room. We are in 3515, nice view of the quiet pool and if I look left I can see parts of the Boardwalk. Very long walk from the elevators, but short walk to secrete to Epcot, which is great. Large balcony which is good because I enjoy sitting out there and reading. The only toiletries we have is a tube of lotion and 2 bars of soap. The lotion looks sad sitting on the tray by itself!

Will take pictures later. We are off to Epcot!
Is there any way to control if/what size balcony your room has? Mine is a garden view, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Yes! Les Halles! I remembered reading somewhere that you can grab breakfast from there & then go back to YC and eat by the pool and yesssssss this is what I want to do. Important follow up, pool opens at 9am, can I get a mimosa there? :D

Does anyone know if Les Halles opens early at 8:00 when Epcot has EMH at 8:00 a.m.? Or does it still open at 9:00 on EMH days?

I just tried to change our last 2 nights to BC when we go in May. Even the magical deal was $450/night. (Sigh) Guess no BC for us this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!