Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello Beach/Yacht Club lovers! I am currently booked at both YC and Coronado for my solo trip, because I can't decide between them. :sad2:
Please help me decide! Or rather, please help me justify staying alone at the Yacht Club in October. ;P :thanks:
Coronado Springs is under construction and Yacht Club rooms have just been refurbished. I don't think you need any more justification than that. ;) Everything will be under one roof at Yacht Club and you don't have to wander around separate buildings alone like you would at Coronado.

Hello Beach/Yacht Club lovers! I am currently booked at both YC and Coronado for my solo trip, because I can't decide between them. lease help me decide! Or rather, please help me justify staying alone at the Yacht Club in October.
You say F & W is a big part of your trip, but there is something that Coronado Springs has that drew you to it. Price? YC for convenience, CS for savings so you can spend more while at WDW.

Hello Beach/Yacht Club lovers! I am currently booked at both YC and Coronado for my solo trip, because I can't decide between them. :sad2:
Please help me decide! Or rather, please help me justify staying alone at the Yacht Club in October. ;P :thanks:
I'VE stayed at both. YC has all new renovated rooms, CSR only some are. Point YC
YC all under 1 roof. CSR multiple buildings. Point YC
YC has SAB. CSR has the Dig pool. Point to YC slightly
Both have full service restaurants but CSR has a food court. I'd give the point to YC for food but if you don't plan on a sit down meal then it leans towards CSR.
Location goes to YC but bus is usually very good at CSR.
Walking to F&W YC wins hands down.
Can you tell I have a YC/BC bias? But CSR is a great resort and our next trip will be there to save some money and we are not disappointed in the least!

We are off in the morning to the BC! Cannot wait. Suitcase is packed and ME luggage tags are on, Magic Bands are in my carry on, have all my information ready to go. Plan on a quick service meal in Japan tomorrow evening, should arrive at hotel by 4, then plan on listening to Air Supply for their last 2 shows!!! Very excited and sooooo looking forward to going. Will try to post when we are there. Don't plan on doing too much in the parks, just the Halloween Party Sunday and Food and Wine in the evenings.

You say F & W is a big part of your trip, but there is something that Coronado Springs has that drew you to it. Price? YC for convenience, CS for savings so you can spend more while at WDW.
If I was going for price alone, I would stay off site. I booked CS previously because it was one of the only resorts available at a decent price. When I go in December I'm staying off site for $46/night, haha, so when I go cheap I go FULL ON cheap.

I'VE stayed at both. YC has all new renovated rooms, CSR only some are. Point YC
YC all under 1 roof. CSR multiple buildings. Point YC
YC has SAB. CSR has the Dig pool. Point to YC slightly
Both have full service restaurants but CSR has a food court. I'd give the point to YC for food but if you don't plan on a sit down meal then it leans towards CSR.
Location goes to YC but bus is usually very good at CSR.
Walking to F&W YC wins hands down.
Can you tell I have a YC/BC bias? But CSR is a great resort and our next trip will be there to save some money and we are not disappointed in the least!
There is one big thing that this is riding on, and it's how much I love Storm Along Bay. If you've stayed at YC, what are the hours like? I've heard things like it closes at dusk, which in October with the sun setting around 8pm....will not be fun. I know they change frequently, but did you find that it closed significantly earlier than other pools?

If I was going for price alone, I would stay off site. I booked CS previously because it was one of the only resorts available at a decent price. When I go in December I'm staying off site for $46/night, haha, so when I go cheap I go FULL ON cheap.

There is one big thing that this is riding on, and it's how much I love Storm Along Bay. If you've stayed at YC, what are the hours like? I've heard things like it closes at dusk, which in October with the sun setting around 8pm....will not be fun. I know they change frequently, but did you find that it closed significantly earlier than other pools?

:welcome: to the thread!

What everyone ^^^ said!

I was going to post exactly what Polyrob did- convenience to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.

I am not positive, but I think the pool closing time will be 10 pm in October. It closes around 8 pm in the dead of winter.

Let us know if you drink the koolaid we are all offering!

But around here, we call it a Sunken Treasure (see Page 1, Post 17???)

:drinking1

Last edited:
Could anyone please tell me if there are DVD players available in the BC rooms (not villas) or if we can request one at the front desk? Thanks!

I know the hours change according to season so I can't answer that. On our trips I don't recall it closing exceptionally early. We do love some SAB time! But we like the quiet pools there also. For us, the biggest draw of all is the ability to walk to Epcot and HS. We stayed at SSR this summer and loved the resort, but one day we took the bus from DS to BC just to walk through the lobby. We all got to EP and said we really missed that part. You really can't go wrong with either resort. CSR is a beautiful resort. YC has more amenities but a bigger price tag. Good luck and enjoy whichever resort you choose!

I get to book ADRs soon for our Spring 2018 trip. We are staying at BCV. Trying to figure out what I should do for dinner on our last night. 4 adults, 2 kids (6 and 3). I think we will spend the morning at Epcot. We do have park hoppers and there is good chance we will come back to the resort for a swim in the afternoon. I sort of want to leave some flexibility but we are going over Spring Break so I feel like having an ADR on the books is a good idea. I can always drop it early in the week if I don't think we will use it. So, that being said I was I think of making the ADR around the EP resorts or at Epcot. Maybe Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Epcot and Epcot Resorts meals we are already trying for
Rose and Crown Dinner
Cape May Dinner
Beaches and Cream dinner
Bon Voyage Breakfast
San Angel Inn lunch

Might try to work in a Nine Dragons Lunch or Dinner somewhere

Others things we are hoping to get
HEA Dessert Party
Chef Mickey's Brunch
PPO BOG Breakfast if MK opens at 9
Tiffins (ROL) dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Skippers Canteen dinner
Whispering Canyon breakfast

What do you typically book for your last night in the World? What would you recommend in EP or at the EP resorts?

Single digit dance day!! :cool1: We've got lots of new experiences lined up - got to love Disney that even when you've been lots of times, as we are fortunate enough to have been, there are still new things to look forward to. Can't wait to get home to the Yacht Club!! Even that is kind of new as first time in the new rooms. :cheer2:

Page 1030-1033

We just got back from 11 days at YC. Yes....we rode out the hurricane there. This was our 1st stay at YC having stayed previously at BC and BWI....this is or favorite resort area and can't imagine staying anywhere else on property.

*snip*

We are booked at BC for next September but considering changing it to December. We have never done the Christmas party/decorations/etc. Plus, it seemed extra humid this trip and DH complained about the heat way too often. Thinking early December should make him happier.

Thanks so much for your review, especially the info about riding out Hurricane Irma at the resort.

:thumbsup2

Just to give you feedback on FOP FP, my friend couldn't get them at 60 days out (wanted specifically for day 2 of trip), but kept looking everyday and got them at 50 days out one morning. I have read of other posters missing them at 60 days, but finding them while looking early in the morning (5-7am).

Thanks so much for this encouraging reminder!

:goodvibes

Staying at yacht club first time in November!! Anyone gave a good rec on which floor to request??

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Room requests are a personal thing depending on what is important to your family. Mine prefers an upper floor for potentially better views, but some may want a lower floor to have closer access to the lobby and resort exits/entrances without having to use an elevator.

Other requests you can make (by calling in, not online) are close to elevator/lobby/transportation/pool, daybed, connecting (or not-connecting) rooms.

::yes::

I get to book ADRs soon for our Spring 2018 trip. We are staying at BCV. Trying to figure out what I should do for dinner on our last night. 4 adults, 2 kids (6 and 3). I think we will spend the morning at Epcot. We do have park hoppers and there is good chance we will come back to the resort for a swim in the afternoon. I sort of want to leave some flexibility but we are going over Spring Break so I feel like having an ADR on the books is a good idea. I can always drop it early in the week if I don't think we will use it. So, that being said I was I think of making the ADR around the EP resorts or at Epcot. Maybe Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Rose and Crown Dinner
Cape May Dinner
Beaches and Cream dinner
Bon Voyage Breakfast
San Angel Inn lunch

HEA Dessert Party
Chef Mickey's Brunch
Tiffins (ROL) dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Skippers Canteen dinner

What do you typically book for your last night in the World? What would you recommend in EP or at the EP resorts?

OK- I'll play the home game.

I have not dined at the Yachtsman- I hear mostly positive reviews here.

There is the Ale & Compass (Captain's Grill), currently under refurbishment but opening in October. You could check out the menu and watch reviews from guests after it re-opens.

I'm going to Via Napoli for the first time in October- that seems to get rave reviews for all ages.

:cool2:

Rose and Crown Dinner
Cape May Dinner
Beaches and Cream dinner
Bon Voyage Breakfast
San Angel Inn lunch

HEA Dessert Party
Chef Mickey's Brunch
Tiffins (ROL) dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Skippers Canteen dinner

Last trip we booked Via Napoli for our last night because I wanted to end the trip at EP, and VN has always been consistently good.

We love Yachtsman (best steak on property IMO) so that would be a perfect meal to end your trip.

Beach & Yacht Club Refurbishment News Historical Post

Beach Club: October 2014-August 2015

Beach Club Villas: January 2016-September 2016

Yacht Club: October 2015-December 2015, Club Lounge Renovated. January 2017-September 2017, All Rooms Renovated

RESORT REFURBISHMENT NEWS
Updated when credible information received
Click on "Beach Club" or "Beach Club Villas" for link to details about their renovations

ALL about the Yacht Club refurbishment and enhancements

Yacht Club Room Refurbishment

News about the room renovation project at Yacht Club will be posted as information becomes available.

Here are some links to pictures of renovated YC rooms (club level)

March 2017, Ewoks, King bed with side chair

Room 5174, pas130, King bed with couch (pullout?)

Room 5183, ohMom, 2 Queen beds- links to be added

Yacht Club Resort Renovations- Timeline
Room renovations expected to be completed in August 2017

April 2017- 4th Floor complete

February 2017- 5th Floor/Club Level rooms available for occupancy

January 2017- Pictures from a guest who stayed in a sample renovated room.

YC model refurbished room

Another set of photos of YC prototype room

Dec 2016- Pictures from a guest who stayed in a sample renovated room. We do not know if this is a final design or if there will be tweaks when the full rehab starts

https://www.facebook.com/kathytx/posts/10208196393966945]Mock-up Renovated Room, Page 742[/url]

Oct 2016: Room Renovations have not started yet. The work was expected to start in late October, but an article in the Orlando Sentinel seems to indicate the renovation has been delayed again, now slated for Jan 2017.

See link to the article below.

Oct 11, 2015: Work on club level lounge commenced. YC Presidential Suite temporarily used for lounge offerings

Dec 13, 2015: Newly refurbished and expanded YC Club Level lounge opens

Beach Club Villas
Started January 2016, Completed September 2016

Beach Club Resort
Started October 2014, Completed August 2015
All Beach Club rooms have been renovated and are open for occupancy
:woohoo:

Yacht Club Convention Center- October 2016
Per Orlando Sentinel:

"Yacht & Beach Club Resort plans to expand its convention space with an additional 25,000 square feet. That will bring total convention space at the resort to 100,000 square feet.
Reedy Creek, the Disney-controlled taxing district, filed a permit application with the South Florida Water Management District this week for the work. Construction will also include additional parking space across Epcot Resorts Boulevard. Plans show the convention space being expanded to the north, where there is now a parking area.
The work will start next month and be finished in spring of 2018."

We don't expect this to have a big impact as far as disruptions to guests in their rooms, but it may result in inconvenience to drivers because there will be fewer parking spaces available at the resort.

Yacht Club- Work on the Regatta Club, the YC Club Level lounge, started on October 11, 2015 and finished in mid December. Lounge opened on Dec 13, 2015.
Renovations to YC resort rooms expected to start in January 2017

Letter to resort guests:

January 2017

Dear Xxxxx Family,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Yacht Club Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of a Resort refurbishment that will be taking place during your visit. While we are working our magic, it is possible you will experience construction noise and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. However, to minimize any possible disruptions to your stay, work with the most potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm.

We anticipate that all of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open during your stay. While you may experience our 'work in progress,' please know that we are working hard to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent as listed on your confirmation letter.

bullet.gif
If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1880 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif
If you booked your stay through Disney Vacation Club®, please contact Disney Vacation ClubMember Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Cosmo Kapoor
General Manager of Disney's Yacht Club Resort

October 2016: It appears that the YC room renovations have been delayed AGAIN, now slated for January 2017:

Yacht Club Convention Center, Yacht Club Room Renovation

Mid Aug 2016: This is what's coming up on the Disney UK website when you put in dates for next summer:

We need to tell you something! From 29th October 2016 - 25th June 2017 the Resort will be undergoing refurbishment. While we are working our magic it is possible you will experience the work taking place... Read More. However, to minimise any possible disruptions to your stay, work with the most potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9. 00am to 5. 00pm. We anticipate that all Resort amenities, including shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open during your stay.

This construction notice appeared on the Disney reservation booking website on August 1, 2016

YC%20construction%20notice%20Oct%202016%20start.png

We have received information (not from Disney) suggesting that the renovation of the Yacht Club rooms will not be starting until late October.

Some guests with reservations at the BC (and maybe YC) in November and December have been given the option to "upgrade" to other resorts due to an oversell situation at the resort. Resort changes to Animal Kingdom Lodge and Grand Floridian have been offered.

It has not been announced whether the work will proceed from top floor to bottom floor as the Beach Club was done or wing by wing like the recent BCV rehab.

Renovation dates were originally scheduled for August 21, 2016-July 14, 2017 according to a notice appearing on Disney reservation page, mid May 2016. However, the notice disappeared sometime in June.

Here's a link to some photos from the new lounge, posted by focusondisney

Renovated Yacht Club Concierge Lounge, December 2015

With a renovation at the Yacht Club expected to start in fall 2016, there is a lot of concern with the condition of rooms at the resort. Here is a link to Post 16 on this thread where I have some threads and reviews addressing this question from recent guests of the YC.

Post 16: Photos, Videos, Trip Reports & Links to Closed Threads

General Resort Renovation News:

About every five years the halls and rooms of EVERY resort at WDW get renovated. There are two types. Soft goods and hard goods. Last time the Beach and Yacht Clubs underwent renovation (2008/2009) it was a soft goods rehab.

Renovations on the outside (painting, siding, roofing and all maintenance) are done as needed.

The refurbishment at the Yacht and Beach Club Resort will be a hard goods renovation. Rooms will be stripped down and everything from new sinks, new air conditioning units, new everything will be added except the maybe the TVs since they are fairly new.

We do not have a timetable about how long it will take to complete each section of the resort.

The work will be completed with the least amount of disruption possible to guests. Sections of rooms will be taken out of service while the renovations are taking place. All noise work is done between 9AM and 5PM (when people are at the pool or at the parks). Chances are guest won't really see the areas where work is happening.

From June 2015- A guest with a July trip to the BC received the following notice

View attachment 104031

The furniture in the Beach Club lobby just received new upholstery (Summer 2014?) and I think new carpets were added, so at this time, we do not believe a refurbishment of the lobby is part of this renovation.

Stormalong Bay:

We have not heard anything about a major pool rehab being part of this renovation. Normal pool maintenance at Stormalong Bay happens in the winter, with 1/3 of the pool worked on at a time, with the remaining 2/3 remaining open. This is done almost every year, but I don't remember anyone discussing maintenance on the pool last winter.
Maintenance work on the Jib Slide/outlet pool was completed in January and work on the Lazy River was completed in early March.
Guests at the resort in early March are reporting that the slide and the lazy river areas are now both open.
See POST 2 on this page for more info about Stormalong Bay and the winter maintenance work.

What is the scope of the work at the resort?
There is a recent blog post circulating about the upcoming renovation at the Beach Club. It references a 20 month project. Based on previous renovations, I think that this 20 month estimate is more likely to be the timeframe for the entire renovation at BOTH BC and YC- perhaps 10 months to a year for each resort.

The article also references the renovation work at the Poly but the work at the Beach and Yacht Club is nowhere near the scope of the construction/destruction of the Poly villas or the lobby renovation that is happening there.

Here is a great post comparing the renovations planned at Y&BC to the work at the Poly:

I often read WDWMAGIC and think they generally have reliable information. That said, I think they are off base a bit here.

The Beach Club renovation is NOTHING like the current Poly reconfiguration.

The Lobby is NOT being torn apart and reconfigured with a waterfall being removed.
The pool is NOT losing a rock formation volcano and being reconfigured,
DVC bungalows are NOT being built on the shores of the lake.
3 buildings, or even 3 floors of rooms, are NOT being converted to DVC studios.
It is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT circumstance.

Disney refurbs resorts on an on going basis. Again, the current Poly work is an aberration. There is little disruption during the usual ongoing work.

We have not heard anything about a major pool rehab being part of this renovation, however some sections of the Stormalong Bay will be closed for normal winter maintenance in January and February 2015- see the second post in this thread (SAB) for more details.

:hourglass

We do not have an official estimate of the timetable or completion date for the YC resort refurbishment at this time. We have not received an official date from the resort.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter