Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We had this room in May. They still haven't added any additional furniture in the big empty space between the bed and the window. It was a great room if you wanted to swim in the quiet pool or go to Epcot. But the wifi was terrible and it was a long way to get to the Marketplace or SAB.

When I saw the pictures I thought that empty space was very odd. It definitely needs a bench or table or something!

Hello All! We are currently 21 days until we arrive BUT we are booked at CBR. I am convinced DH to switch to YC. Long story: We were in a car accident, we got hurt, probably will not be able to ride most of the rides..sob..sob..sob. So, I asked for a bit of pixie dust to make up for being hurt. I have never stayed at YC and wonder if walking around YC and BC is nice stroll or a short marathon. Any tips would be helpful. Our Magic Bands are on their way to us. Do I need to do anything with them to have them switched to YC? I am so giddy with excitement :)

It's been a crazy few weeks since our trip and I'm just now getting around to posting a short review and room pics. We arrived on June 24th for 8 nights. We checked in around 6:30AM (as usual) and for the first time at BC our room wasn't ready, but we were informed that we did get the full balcony requested and an "upgrade" from standard to garden view so I was excited about the pixie dust! We got a text around noon that our room was ready and we were assigned room 3520 - which I knew was basically all the way at Epcot and had a view of woods, so I was less than thrilled about the location. We stopped by the front desk but I was told they were totally booked due to a convention but I could check back the next day. No luck the next day, but we were able to move after two nights. We were moved to room 2579 which was a fantastic room! It has a lovely view of the courtyard around the volleyball court and a sideways lagoon view, it's also a daybed room. I also love the 2nd floor so we can take the lobby stairs.

All of the CMs were great as usual, with the exception of one woman at check in. We had great meals at Hurricane Hanna's, the Yachtsman (best meal of the trip by far!) and great apps at Martha's vineyard. We had a lot of fun at MV, whenever it rained or sometimes in the evenings. We heard live music a couple of times, we played trivia (which we are miserable at, it was NOT Disney trivia as I hoped) and we took Uno cards and played in there also.

We only took the bus once while we were there, to MK. It was morning EMH and the stop was very crowded when we arrived, but there was a CM there who called and then 2 more MK buses showed up right after the first one! When leaving MK we waited 20 minutes. We had stayed at AKL for 4 nights prior to BC, and waited over an HOUR for a bus leaving MK.

Overall we had an excellent stay at BC and hated to leave! BC continues to not disappoint and is still our favorite by far - I'm already planning our trip for next June! We will probably go the same time again, the crowd level wasn't bad at all.

Here are some rooms pics and views of both rooms:

Room 2579 - Garden View/2 Queens/daybed

Did room 2579 have a an extra large full balcony? From photos I can find of this area of the Beach Club (volleyball court), it looks like all the garden view rooms on that side overlooking the volleyball court (Rooms 2585-2567) on the floor 2 have full balconies. It looks like all rooms on floor 3 have the small juliette balconies, and the rooms on floor 4 have full balconies also, but not as large as the balconies on floor 2.

Did room 2579 have a an extra large full balcony? From photos I can find of this area of the Beach Club (volleyball court), it looks like all the garden view rooms on that side overlooking the volleyball court (Rooms 2585-2567) on the floor 2 have full balconies. It looks like all rooms on floor 3 have the small juliette balconies, and the rooms on floor 4 have full balconies also, but not as large as the balconies on floor 2.

Yes it was a very large balcony.

Hello All! We are currently 21 days until we arrive BUT we are booked at CBR. I am convinced DH to switch to YC. Long story: We were in a car accident, we got hurt, probably will not be able to ride most of the rides..sob..sob..sob. So, I asked for a bit of pixie dust to make up for being hurt. I have never stayed at YC and wonder if walking around YC and BC is nice stroll or a short marathon. Any tips would be helpful. Our Magic Bands are on their way to us. Do I need to do anything with them to have them switched to YC? I am so giddy with excitement :)
I don't know the answer to your question. Just wanted to say speedy recovery, your attitude is great. Have a wonderful time.

So sorry about the car accident, but a trip to WDW may be just what the doctor ordered.

I recommend calling Disney reservations (if booked thru Disney) at (407) 939-5277 and tell them that you were recently injured in an accident and would appreciate a room close to the main elevators. If you booked through a TA, then contact them. The corridors can be very long and a bit of a walk from the elevators. At the YC, you are 99.9% assured of getting a room with a full balcony, so that you can sit out and relax, whenever you want, without needing to leave your room.

If you are all completely mobile, then the higher beds at the YC should not be an issue (bed height is about 6" higher than normal). However, the accessible rooms have standard height beds, if you think there would be an issue. That is also something that can be addressed on the phone. I suggest letting the CM know that you are celebrating your daughter's 16th birthday.

The outdoor pathways at the YC are very easy and straight forward. SAB (the pool complex) is right in back of the resort building. The boat dock is about a five minute walk out the main back door, for transportation to the Boardwalk, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, etc., and you can walk to Epcot in about 10 minutes.

Your MagicBands are linked to your accounts, so, as long as MDE lists your YC reservation, there is no problem. If there is an issue, the front desk at the YC can take care of it for you.

Enjoy your trip! The YC is a wonderful resort.

So sorry about the car accident, but a trip to WDW may be just what the doctor ordered.

I recommend calling Disney reservations (if booked thru Disney) at (407) 939-5277 and tell them that you were recently injured in an accident and would appreciate a room close to the main elevators. If you booked through a TA, then contact them. The corridors can be very long and a bit of a walk from the elevators. At the YC, you are 99.9% assured of getting a room with a full balcony, so that you can sit out and relax, whenever you want, without needing to leave your room.

If you are all completely mobile, then the higher beds at the YC should not be an issue (bed height is about 6" higher than normal). However, the accessible rooms have standard height beds, if you think there would be an issue. That is also something that can be addressed on the phone. I suggest letting the CM know that you are celebrating your daughter's 16th birthday.

The outdoor pathways at the YC are very easy and straight forward. SAB (the pool complex) is right in back of the resort building. The boat dock is about a five minute walk out the main back door, for transportation to the Boardwalk, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, etc., and you can walk to Epcot in about 10 minutes.

Your MagicBands are linked to your accounts, so, as long as MDE lists your YC reservation, there is no problem. If there is an issue, the front desk at the YC can take care of it for you.

Enjoy your trip! The YC is a wonderful resort.

Thank You shoreward!!! Thankfully, we are able to walk. DH longer distances than I am right now. I was looking at my phone, with my head down, when we were rear-ended, so my body was not in the "proper" crash position. So, I get fatigued easily and gosh the stiffness makes me clumsy, but thankful we were not seriously injured. I will let the CM know that we are celebrating DD's Sweet 16, thank you. Your reassurance that the resort is manageable and the bed height is something that I have never thought of before. And, WOW!! A balcony..how nice to chi-lax while my family runs about. Thank You Again!!! Our Magic Bands just arrived, so thankfully now we are all good to go!!

My 2 DD and I are traveling in Sept to YC and would prefer 3 sleeping spaces in a standard room. What are the bed options and what should I request, i.e. 2 queens and a daybed -if that exists?

I am so excited about our stay at the Beach Club in October! It will be our very first stay at any Epcot resort and I love the idea of being able to walk over - especially during Food & Wine!

My son is bringing along a friend for the first time, and I know they are excited about the BC pool! I am nervous, though, about making sure we get a room with a daybed. Because the friend is female, it's pretty mandatory for us! We are booked Club level standard view and I've tried to read through this thread and the club level thread, but can't find specific info about room configurations for this category. I may have missed it - there are so many posts:-) If anyone has any info, I would really appreciate it!

Hi, hope you feel better soon! You may want to consider renting a scooter for your trip. You could just get one, and you and your dh can switch off walking/riding. WDW is so big and you are on your feet non-stop.

Hi, hope you feel better soon! You may want to consider renting a scooter for your trip. You could just get one, and you and your dh can switch off walking/riding. WDW is so big and you are on your feet non-stop.

Thank you for the suggestions...sounds odd but sitting for too long hurt. We are only doing a 3 day trip to Disney, as we will be attending a music festival and the Florida beaches and family before Disney. I usually average 15 miles a day at Disney, especially at Epcot. Thank you again for the idea, being seated is not good for me. Dh might like it, though :)

Returned last night from 5 glorious nights at the Beach Club. The post trip depression is real! Thoughts and opinions:
-Room 4627 was absolutely amazing. Right next to the elevator, yet we never heard any noise. Less than 3 minutes to the bus stop! Amazing! The room itself was so beautiful...I love those headboards!! Juliet balcony, which was great for applying sunscreen! Otherwise, we're not huge balcony fans, so that was fine.
-Used the door by 1501 every time we went to the Boardwalk or Epcot and LOVED it! Super convenient and I'm very thankful BC has such clear signs directing you to 1501 because it's certainly a windy path to get to it!
-As predicted, the lack of a proper QS was a bit of an inconvenience. We ended up ordering room service one day during a midday break because nothing at Hurricane Hannahs or the Marketplace appealed. Also, we found the BC Marketplace smelled just awful during the hours they were preparing flatbreads! Yuck! What a contrast to the beautifully perfumed lobby!
-The lack of QS really was the only downfall--being able to walk to Epcot, the boat to DHS, the luxurious but approachable decor, the amazing pool...everything about the BC was just perfect!!!! We took a few walks through the YC and much preferred the vibe and decor of the BC.
-Perhaps one thing of note: on 7/24, there was a Disney pest control cast member with a bed bug detecting beagle on our floor. Ack! Hopefully it was a false alarm!

After stays at many deluxes, I have found my Disney home! I would certainly stay at the WL again, especially around the holidays, but the BC is my new favorite of all time! I can't wait to go back!!

So funny you mentioned the smell at the marketplace from the flatbreads. Last summer when we stayed there, I was shocked at the smelly burnt odor that was in the marketplace. All I could think of is those nice expensive clothes they are selling having the smokey odor on them from the burning flatbreads. I was really surprised that a deluxe resort has that kind of setup. They should not even be cooking in the marketplace, IMO.

I am so excited about our stay at the Beach Club in October! It will be our very first stay at any Epcot resort and I love the idea of being able to walk over - especially during Food & Wine!

My son is bringing along a friend for the first time, and I know they are excited about the BC pool! I am nervous, though, about making sure we get a room with a daybed. Because the friend is female, it's pretty mandatory for us! We are booked Club level standard view and I've tried to read through this thread and the club level thread, but can't find specific info about room configurations for this category. I may have missed it - there are so many posts:-) If anyone has any info, I would really appreciate it!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We don't have a listing showing the bedding configuration at club level or the resort as a whole. The closest thing I can suggest is to go to the Beach Club room view thread (on the Resorts Community subforum) and look at listings for Standard View for rooms starting with the number 5 (5th floor)

Contact Disney Signature Services and let them know that you need to have a daybed since you have non-related children/teenagers of opposite genders. If you are assigned a room at check-in that does not have a daybed, see if they can provide a rollaway cot or if they can get you into a different room.

::yes::

Omg Mickey is almost off the golf ball... ;)

Can't wait. Booked our return tickets finally and got our Dark Side rooms. It's been four long years. I can't wait!

Should I do online check in? We have room requests noted with DSS.

The online advanced checkin won't help you with room requests (are you BC or YC? Is large balcony still a checkin option- changes so much I can't remember), but it will allow you to input your credit card information = Faster to the fun when you checkin!

I don't think there is a disadvantage to the checkin- can anyone think of anything?

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter