Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes I thought it was a weird big empty space. The room was also really dark. It was a bit of a hassle to move but we were glad we did!
The dormer balcony and the wall of trees didn't help. We actually changed some of our plans because of the room location.

I noticed for my upcoming stay in September the Beach Club now has a discount that is about $60 more than my Yacht Club room I currently have booked. Should I switch to the other room or stay with the cheaper option? They are both garden view rooms. I'm not sure if I love the Yacht club rooms that have been redone. Not sure what to do. It'll be just me and my boyfriend.

I noticed for my upcoming stay in September the Beach Club now has a discount that is about $60 more than my Yacht Club room I currently have booked. Should I switch to the other room or stay with the cheaper option? They are both garden view rooms. I'm not sure if I love the Yacht club rooms that have been redone. Not sure what to do. It'll be just me and my boyfriend.

Only you can decide which will make you happy. From your post I am unclear which is cheaper - BC or YC.
The YC refurbishment is more recent if that matters to you. The YC Lobby is quieter and many feel the YC is more adult oriented. I think the best thing for you is to make a decision and then stop second guessing yourself.
Good Luck.

Personally I chose Beach Club just because it is closer to Epcot and I liked the theming better. If we decide to rent points in the future it would be at BC also which was a consideration - I wanted to see what I thought of that half. It is also just my husband and I - I know the YC is more "adult" but if I wanted something super "adult" I probably wouldn't be going to WDW... :ssst: Do you prefer the look of the BC rooms..? If you do and you can afford the $60 I would switch personally. Why not go with the space that brings you more joy?

Hi Friends. Finally came back on our thread. It has been too difficult for me in the past. But after being recognized a lot at Disneyland in California this past week and having such a great time catching up with those BC guests 3000 miles away, I realized how much I missed you all. Still can't go back to Y&B though. I was on the boat from Hollywood Studios to the Boardwalk on a visit back with Lily and I started crying when it stopped at Y&B ....I miss my Florida life so very much. I still really dislike living in Vegas ...so hot, dry, dirty and ugly. Brown everywhere, but I need to be there with my girls and if I had stayed alone in Florida it would have not worked well ...for instance...I just had another kidney stone surgery and it would have been hard doing that alone. But my heart is still in Florida! When Lily and I land in Orlando, we both yell, "green and water!!" Been back a lot to WDW....mostly with Lily but a few times with my friend, Diann, from PA. I'v been super lucky and gotten to spend time with Shoreward on some of my trips back. Lily calls her "my big Disney friend". Jeanne, Lily and I will be going to Aulani before Christmas and are super excited. And Dee and I will be on the Fantasy in September. Also looking forward to my trip "home" in October with my buddy Diann because a bunch of the DIS ladies will be there the same time and we are all meeting up. Lily got her first grade school calendar ....yep ...she is going into first grade already. I quickly booked 3 WDW trips for us ...one December 31st for 6 nights (Music), one in February for 5 nights (Animal Kingdom Savannah view) and one in March for 6 nights (the Cabins). We are allowing Jeanne to come along in March...gotta let her come once in a while but she puts a damper on our trips ...imagine her not happy about lily and I having Dole Whip for breakfast. So, I hope to run into some of you during my many trips "home". I miss you all and feel so blessed to have made so many friends from my years at the Beach Club. Keep an eye out for me and Lily ...she still has a head full of blond curls ...she is hard to miss! Bye for now. Hugs!

Your travel plans sound awesome! Can't wait to catch up with you in October. :)

Special offer at the Captain's Grille for DVC members and Annual Passholders:

From July 19 through September 30, 2017, Annual Passholders (and DVC members) can take advantage of a special 30% dining discount—that’s even more than your 45th Anniversary dining benefits—during the dinner meal period before 6:30 PM and after 8:30 PM

Thank you!

Sunday is our rest day. Anyone know what seaside sunday is? I'm a bit bummed there aren't more activities poolside on sunday. No dance party or pool games.

I noticed that too compared to past years. They have taken away lots of pool activities. Sunday and Saturday are huge check in/out days so I'm surprised they chose to remove activities from those days!

Returned last night from 5 glorious nights at the Beach Club. The post trip depression is real! Thoughts and opinions:
-Room 4627 was absolutely amazing. Right next to the elevator, yet we never heard any noise. Less than 3 minutes to the bus stop! Amazing! The room itself was so beautiful...I love those headboards!! Juliet balcony, which was great for applying sunscreen! Otherwise, we're not huge balcony fans, so that was fine.
-Used the door by 1501 every time we went to the Boardwalk or Epcot and LOVED it! Super convenient and I'm very thankful BC has such clear signs directing you to 1501 because it's certainly a windy path to get to it!
-As predicted, the lack of a proper QS was a bit of an inconvenience. We ended up ordering room service one day during a midday break because nothing at Hurricane Hannahs or the Marketplace appealed. Also, we found the BC Marketplace smelled just awful during the hours they were preparing flatbreads! Yuck! What a contrast to the beautifully perfumed lobby!
-The lack of QS really was the only downfall--being able to walk to Epcot, the boat to DHS, the luxurious but approachable decor, the amazing pool...everything about the BC was just perfect!!!! We took a few walks through the YC and much preferred the vibe and decor of the BC.
-Perhaps one thing of note: on 7/24, there was a Disney pest control cast member with a bed bug detecting beagle on our floor. Ack! Hopefully it was a false alarm!

After stays at many deluxes, I have found my Disney home! I would certainly stay at the WL again, especially around the holidays, but the BC is my new favorite of all time! I can't wait to go back!!

Attachments

• IMG_3494.JPG
    IMG_3494.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 49
Only you can decide which will make you happy. From your post I am unclear which is cheaper - BC or YC.
The YC refurbishment is more recent if that matters to you. The YC Lobby is quieter and many feel the YC is more adult oriented. I think the best thing for you is to make a decision and then stop second guessing yourself.
Good Luck.
The Yacht Club is $60 cheaper than the Beach Club room.

Personally I chose Beach Club just because it is closer to Epcot and I liked the theming better. If we decide to rent points in the future it would be at BC also which was a consideration - I wanted to see what I thought of that half. It is also just my husband and I - I know the YC is more "adult" but if I wanted something super "adult" I probably wouldn't be going to WDW... :ssst: Do you prefer the look of the BC rooms..? If you do and you can afford the $60 I would switch personally. Why not go with the space that brings you more joy?
I've never stayed at either but I liked the lobby better at Beach Club and the pictures of the rooms online look more my style. I agree I should pick which makes me more happy - my boyfriend is fine with either room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter