Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So nice to say we are going to Disney next month! This trip is my celebration for graduating from nursing school, I have officially passed the state boards, and start my new job as a nurse next Monday.
My poor family has been dealing with all my stress for a couple of years now so this is a much needed escape and recharge. With me starting a new position the next 30 something days are going to fly by! Can not wait to try out this resort. There is a drink and chair with my name on it somewhere at this resort, and I can not wait to find it!
As a fellow nurse, I just wanted to say congrats and welcome to the club! Good luck at your new job! Just remember that there is a lot you won't know at first, and it can get discouraging. You will get it eventually and it will be great!

Page 942-943

Could you please add us to the list? We are staying BC CL from 8/30-9/6 :goodvibes thank you!

Will do!

Sorry I missed you!

:cool1:

Rude????? I think it's hilarious!!!

Yeah, I did too. Apparently the person who asked was young, had never heard of the song "Yes We Have No Bananas", didn't get the reference and thought my response was flip.

I can't remember if that was the incident that prompted me to always post bananas in bunches (always 3) or if it was something else.

:banana::banana::banana:

I just checked out from my blissful 2 night YC stay. The day we arrived, the quiet pool and laundry were closed due to refurb activity. I believe due to carpet installation in hall leading to the exit to that courtyard. New carpet finished in one day and looks great! We did have construction noise during our first day, and in the a.m. At 7:00 outside our room. Most of the first floor rooms were literally walled off-- no hallway access. We were in room 3096 (GV, made no requests.) based on the smell and some plastic wrapped appliances, we think it likely we were the first family in the room since it was refurbed. Or no one used the fridge yet! I am mixed on the new rooms. Love, love, love the shower and built in reading lamps. We were not fans of the floor--it got cruddy immediately, and was not swept, so felt dirty to walk on. The art and finishings were pleasing, but we liked the old ones, too. I miss the storage for large items. The closets are great for hanging, clothes, and shoes, but all of our luggage had to hang out in the room. Tough if you have a stroller! The Keureg is a nice upgrade, though we never used it. The Dasani water was great, though ours was missing on the first day. I knew it was missing, because there was a paper saying enjoy it. I was happy when it showed up the next day! Overall cast members and guests were courteous. We had no problems swimming, plenty of chairs, overall reasonable crowds. We loved the convenience of the Market at Ale and Compass. I look forward to the merchandise moving back in.

Thanks so much for your detailed review.

:thumbsup2

Just arrived at our magical place yesterday and we got a beautiful refurbished room overlooking the wedding pavilion and boardwalk (not bad for a garden view!) Love the new rooms, apart from the ceiling light which is which is so bright you could perform surgery under it!!
YC lobby I noticed was very quiet which we like and BC lobby extremely busy. DD loves all the new coke choices at the Market at Ale and Compass. Sad to see the globe has gone but happy that the bar at Hurricane Hannah's is now open till 10pm!

Thanks a bunch for your live report. Wishing the rest of your trip to be magical!

pixiedust:

Page 944-945

Officially booked a 2 bedroom BC villa for Feb. 25th - Mar 4th!!! It will be my parents, 2 children (3 and 6) and my husband and me. We were unsure of where to book with a larger party but after a little "youtubing" we saw the BCVs and fell in love! We've only ever stayed at GF (Dec.'16 just the 4 of us) and also that's where we stayed as a family when I was young. Looking forward to it and hoping that we get a warm day or 2 so we can enjoy the amazing pool! As a newbie to the Epcot area resorts what are the "must-dos?" I am almost considering not even having a morning/early day in epcot since that is probably where we will end up most evenings since it is so close...is that short-sighted?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

When you get a chance, skim through Page 1 of this thread, particularly Post 4, Activities and Post 5, Amenities to give you some idea of the things to do at the resort. There is a link to past monthly recreation calendars, so check out what has happened in the past during the times of your trip.

You also may want to look at Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info for other hints and tips.

Happy reading!

:coffee:

Hello all!
I'm considering either Yacht or Beach Club for my October-November 2018 trip. I've never stayed at a Deluxe resort, nor have I ever stayed at a resort so close to one of the theme parks. For those that have, what are your personal pros/cons about both resorts? I'm just in the early planning stages of this trip, so any advice/information would be great. We'd be looking at a standard or Garden view room, nothing too crazy. Thank you!

I'll pencil you in on the list.

:goodvibes

Are you looking for pros/cons of BC vs. YC or BC/YC vs. other Disney resorts?

I'm going to post about the differences between BC and YC in my next post and solicit feedback from others.

For comparisons between other resorts from guest reviews, visit Page 1, Post 16 for a few links.

::yes::

So nice to say we are going to Disney next month! This trip is my celebration for graduating from nursing school, I have officially passed the state boards, and start my new job as a nurse next Monday.
My poor family has been dealing with all my stress for a couple of years now so this is a much needed escape and recharge. With me starting a new position the next 30 something days are going to fly by! Can not wait to try out this resort. There is a drink and chair with my name on it somewhere at this resort, and I can not wait to find it!

Congratulations!!!

Thank you for the important work you will be doing!

:hug:

Can you still get tubes for Stormbay's Lazy River? What is the best way to get one? we are new to Beach Club. Does the lazy river circulate so you can just sit on the tube and go around like most Lazy Rivers?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. May 2018?

:dogdance:

This is what I have on Page 1 to explain some of the similarities and differences between the BC and YC. If anyone has any suggestions, additions or notices anything I should change/correct, let me know.

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- club level lounge renovated in 2014, room renovations completed in August 2015
Lighter, beachy decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop/Quick Serve Dining
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.
Room Amenities include carpets on floor, ceiling fans, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers

Yacht Club- renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
Darker woods and nautical decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony
Room Amenities include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.

So sorry it's taken me to long to post these pictures. We had a wonderful trip to YC last week, and were thoroughly spoiled by our CL room! We were in 5240, which is the very last room on the hallway but we enjoyed the peace and quiet. This is a King room with a full balcony, and we were brought a rollaway bed for DD that fit in the room with plenty of walking room.

@natebenma, please feel free to use these photos...I made sure DD's face is not featured ;). We only enjoyed the evening food twice, so I only have pictures from those two nights. We also ate in the club lounge every morning for breakfast, and often weren't really that hungry for lunch. DH suggested that we book CL again next time instead of a dining plan (at least that's his excuse...) so now I'm waiting for AP discounts for December!

y4mlCXwUdFA8wtp_4PoK1cNERkJTIrskALsbtdbj03cIAl3BqxXczD5kX3zws0EGaw862AGzKVf2CdBVk-q79qaXHb8M-dtHP0mZVfHbNQrRvQ3eI_M7udXzwOq8uVj7zQUdQtdjDmde81DkIRKS0gwHGxyovad9yVeN4B7-K6nIVMNxrlE0CTM0HX5y_a8w_7mkpogDdlsC_GggxnVl6nltw

y4mnUuU1T5QI7qnKOc3fyi3pSDc1_EYXVsXtd0qk9UOwAlN2X5ag8igr4W0El5QsN2NS6-ecpxgk0Dye3_p-ve0zk80Pjs9Xci99MOllUbQ8Cjze2_YzgA62asxeAoAe9Y9fvpmTZ2JaLp0cJ1MKLlNrw3g93eGSAlMDW_pgVnJefyfEURwLFOg142jZXjodllbfZNRk72NAK2DZRc0mT8IRQ

y4mppKlXu-ajtaGGvi2kh-3S-wBznJWH-wNLtfZ7TJABheUGvvSVKvdVXkbasDOhIt0dkuSPbO_b9e3Ic3vCNq43_dAN1Ryq8S9hnnvL6OAZovkB-kmlb7pr_gsvFVi3CPqCHuVoAkKikf86r_Kc8k89R72HHN-ZzgoFph98N8DQWlqttAe1a5j_wMc2NAfkxXQOwOWiO03V9itmjpyOmlh6A

y4m8CsZmZlZCP9CfyesyE0vdPjO4SYW46GZyZMMsAoG8jokGAYVuK2AGukhnxYliEzXEwvRv-MMFRYFNwCBY4_bgS50WMsNVc-Srkt-Nsuk_iVJzVQjHOeZKyH5Zc_ntqogHFwqr3ZXXffDGHPSgGVsDGQZG2xNbP8yyHdy_vV48ttd5doyuhW7zl_QaXZ2-lDstvT6mUq9HN4RH2vaORpUcQ

y4mH8S5CuD7wzgouqjjmVidiHz5tVFaAk5LDOKQN4potzYq8Kbj9HIXb6lX-x0zGGcjhPFCfmQyc456AAYlAEi5JNNlQ9fx8qk0YjQCK03VTnwgY0IzLuK4hRhwC4S_dLHqZSVHOcRSL36ToYI11GbsNoDvAeWdoD8K-ICPP3e6sSr6RiPcppoZu2Vm1Ju4Bdp60x33ApGjHHWN1SrbrX__Pg

y4m0sDRxuAXca1LqUK0VN5icZ5h1WuDmmmvrXlJ6hTuL3oaTweIHhxggjIBn_bP878uY3jTgT-i7c5H9hyTSsGC-CyupxvDgojzraPAjIF8l4XyRn047-FKEXHIDlErQTSm6SBEGXqbe7gDgpUIeg82EZmBHi5Hph1qeJ39eaxbTrfBGxotxRtXgGVGKrNol0Hf9mPQHffuIIntY4ci3BvCbw

y4m_Egbmn3LfxGaVepHeCh2o6Qghuog_mw0pmbx0SsplUs3KyiPdZheVKqx7FtrMvxDdq_KXotCH9jKN7v4RgC0TmPM1jHfvbT_egkuLGW_VcIVlGWGe2F6DDc_pvR0Of6ApeNEaevHDoh4NIG7uNd8hiepK56n3TjD6I89FwfriUfO2hbGl_0BLXYCEU5IFwy_etYx8S2b5biAvSzJIHx7Fg

y4mgAtBxSWBgLARMPerF0i5R5HlFaqGOlBAQ-SIhkrr6CQS0w4UZYH2m0QVAWexlJdSHVpqyLPMVbS5rTr9AOR1w31VR8Op_ENikcWo78CbsnV593b98P5dFqx3o5sl7AMRhKPiRuG-ibKN0iZIeoklkWhHpLHe4F8avguKL88RKQY_ZbhrZH5wpYS_fExJ_G-L1NNJSpamKbR7smMeAZfWXA

y4miOkyoJq9uPQODAAIsE-aUVOEVwkq7KCTLyhlN4K5V_BtyvHPf5ztN7GbZMlFvLQBaKWvWCrXgqCPg7M7llN6XwUlp7K8G7nEvu3RrIk5c0VFRSa3Ja_4eh9hZo_nj56WUHMHN6Ff7AXMVqA67rBrxuNTXjuigOGvRj6DMtM5twBL_EwUv9pqROpY4ukV8U7RYY_LWNLPXQJsZrTtsBW9Hw

y4mbhR-AYZ1wBo2ayPlu2BvsISweZ5pn7NTH3Ju_US4AcHywiLbJ6tw_DiLP5TP7Tm3YLKhGV7PBQoMR5jXWpklPxZxacLdgNdvcFUUiBaAzYSPu0SA6aYx50ptB-SEcamW1sxi8imTNyVFs_LXhUWp4zp2VzlFHuDCcfJv3ZtVRbOcm-Ut_hioPlaxFEVbWEkjOGybNbn1gdZUi84Mco4PqA

y4mv9zXb5leJZ-JjCd36PUoVzkPOxemYzcSgpLo--ciPl-JmebaWzcQQ-fa-K4XxRH1gF0N6qgCsRDkN-kO5DtpuwA7qeqbbkFvL-dMP4eALrKYbxhFRnLr4N0fpnjQ3ZyMkw42BLu-ciNxfEsMmoezFK3Ps4RvNH6rm7jMnhJlrQFELHV6UwjDEoHGFDB34I4NKfYcqX2iC_VxvtamNQUXxA

y4mKGNsDJvqsEuCyD915OtHfHAyRon3Vl0RrOli85aarEyDKyScTmGJE8TyGPGd9T9vCYnLw-4JT9610aa5Cs9-3tx496Qn4mfx2No8gQx44lQZx1K8RLj6jbu8xSvICz4vcvXhPOy-_yb2t4hExbsPre6GATKE9mvC0F6OWz2P8vt7ZqfFEFL0NR7zq78iJhKNP-yOofu5oqZ865EvryOkWA

y4mkeG3WOSEd7CN4QMdH-fct-bMx1xwf6EKE3kkBp4s_e35FOCcoJX2qCeVX6aZvH6x13mCx2Rrd9EP_TVjIg4EfJNuYcZBjFXhJGAKVsNiWIbUXAfQfzXshQmDfeE8oS9HETe6ZAorUUEc8Vl-KLl4XUErGOdJ4TFW7yfKguycqfUJBBOvOAyZrGYODva2B0m9ZrUUfuUPzSFFFNAxbDfz6Q

y4mtXZ5w8jKratGKylLD6SuAPcX5JMJSEEQWw3U3DYQwKSmXwjVMfb8bkB6fdj5f1dVePG4kllWlytIqjtHWza7-pY5waIg0pBPCENBXvZTLsoS-ZAgLA_bPbGFG_-AP5gEPfDr8k2r04LJA12ba5ksg31XBF84SjBaEv-Kmh55f8SkQX4NCELcvplD4PW5C3VgELb30v0KFYoFOl4hPEEynQ

y4mEveAVE-0bg31TDIsbbb0TxSaenFSapUz_kg2_yV0P1Q4ySrYYhYicfBfaH_ftvYE2aKwQblqBDNZkuHe9WGtpbqXJXh2jyRhIPY1xdzURKDiLzMAUZ3W7hXlOznJbfgMo9oNZPMZa1SN-bX6y-lWeKkeW5CWV51x95XwtMtRrspAZP_Zj-YQJzg2WIlXejt5nRf7Q1p9MWhllK6vAUE7ug

y4m0_AuqrRHq1e3mPqBOSdFgxo354TJhgoquvE5PWVEClZo0b6MAnhFsh-Ph22Lx9eTaBD3qVC9SNUOS6_IkY8A00Cb4QfaoMuBQt7XkLA5oxasarPGlboZtCSy1ePyBoGVk8EqWZvmXp6N5mywmYxdjVMDSWgAlGBAUY9uj0juogTlUEYi9j2XPhq3qD3qBOpC5LdluAcqBPo5WFHbxz5ZWg

Update on the Great PhotoBucket Uproar of 2017:

I set up a Flickr account. It is free, although they can change that at any time. When you click on a picture in your Flickr account, you click on the Share Photo icon, which looks like an arrow pointing to the right. Then you click on the BBC code tab. There is a pull-down menu where you can choose the size you want. This one is small 240 x 180. Copy the code, then paste it into your post here on the Dis.

This is a photo of milk in the Beach Club Marketplace, because somebody asked about it (probably a few pages ago by now):

Last edited:
This is a photo showing the hours for the hair wrap place outside Stormalong Bay (because that's the only other photo I've uploaded to Flickr so far).

This is a slightly larger size: Small 320 x 240. (You can go much bigger if you like.)

I will work on the photos of my nieces and nephews for my signature.

Last edited:
Dee, this isn't my quote. We are still staying BC 8/17-8/27. No CL on this trip. Thanks!

Sorry about that!

I was having some computer issues and trying to reply to your post about the cabanas.

Yes, I believe that is the area I am talking about.

When I have more "concrete" information about the cabanas and any deck work, I'll post it.

:thumbsup2

Update on the Great PhotoBucket Uproar of 2017:

I set up a Flickr account. It is free, although they can change that at any time. When you click on a picture in your Flickr account, you click on the Share Photo icon, which looks like an arrow pointing to the right. Then you click on the BBC code tab. There is a pull-down menu where you can choose the size you want. This one is small 240 x 180. Copy the code, then paste it into your post here on the Dis.

This is a photo of milk in the Beach Club Marketplace, because somebody asked about it (probably a few pages ago by now):

Beachclub Marketplace milk 1 by R K, on Flickr

Nicely done!!!

I'll add your instructions into the "How do I?" Post Photos post.

:goodvibes

So sorry it's taken me to long to post these pictures. We had a wonderful trip to YC last week, and were thoroughly spoiled by our CL room! We were in 5240, which is the very last room on the hallway but we enjoyed the peace and quiet. This is a King room with a full balcony, and we were brought a rollaway bed for DD that fit in the room with plenty of walking room.

LOVE IT!!!

Thanks so much for the great photos and permission to use them.

:thanks:

Signature restored! You can't crop on Flickr (on the website, anyway, I haven't tried the app) so I had to find the photos on my computer, crop them on an app on my computer, upload each one to Flickr, put them in my signature, and then delete some of the language which Flickr automatically puts in your photos when they post (name of the photo, your Flickr name, the Flickr company name, etc.). Pain in the neck, but I'm so mad at Photobucket that I was determined to make this work.

I'm a happy camper now.

Omg stenmarks, thanks for all the lovely pics! We are headed to yc CL in a couple of weeks and can't wait!

They have been jack hammering since 9 am with a lunch break at SAB. It's by the windmill. Not sure what they are doing. I know it's very loud and I've seen them give out a few pair of ear plugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter