Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello all!
I'm considering either Yacht or Beach Club for my October-November 2018 trip. I've never stayed at a Deluxe resort, nor have I ever stayed at a resort so close to one of the theme parks. For those that have, what are your personal pros/cons about both resorts? I'm just in the early planning stages of this trip, so any advice/information would be great. We'd be looking at a standard or Garden view room, nothing too crazy. Thank you!

Pros - Location, location, location! Once we stayed deluxe it is hard to imagine staying anywhere else. The convenience to Epcot and HS is wonderful. The pool is awesome.

Cons - Limited food options on property but (IMO) it isn't that far to go in to Epcot and get something if the options are not to your liking.

So nice to say we are going to Disney next month! This trip is my celebration for graduating from nursing school, I have officially passed the state boards, and start my new job as a nurse next Monday.
My poor family has been dealing with all my stress for a couple of years now so this is a much needed escape and recharge. With me starting a new position the next 30 something days are going to fly by! Can not wait to try out this resort. There is a drink and chair with my name on it somewhere at this resort, and I can not wait to find it!

Back again! Our trip is 8 weeks away! Fastpasses are set (was much easier and less stressful than I'd built it up to be)! ADRs are set! So since I'm an over-planner, I'm now thinking of what all to pack. We are now flying due to a good flight deal so we won't be stopping at a grocery store. I'm planning on bringing snacks for the parks & room, plus wine in our suitcases. I know I could get grocery delivery but all we really need that I can't bring is water, cokes & milk. I saw cases of water were around $7 at the resort (we are YC). We have the DDP so we can always get cokes that way, but do they sell 2 liters or cans? What about milk to keep in the room? It'll be pricey but so is Garden Grocer because I'll be adding unneeded items to hit the $40 minimum. I know GG will bring beer & wine but DH makes wine so I'm kind of spoiled. And I plan on buying some at Epcot. Thanks for any info.

Can you still get tubes for Stormbay's Lazy River? What is the best way to get one? we are new to Beach Club. Does the lazy river circulate so you can just sit on the tube and go around like most Lazy Rivers?

Today was our 60 day mark (YAY)! Fastpasses were a breeze, got everything we wanted at the ideal times. Online check in completed. Now to patiently wait 2 more months till we can "go home".

Congrats on getting your FastPasses made, DisneyFanJenn :yay: Were you able to get any for Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom :rolleyes1

Been back from 2 weeks at BC for a few days now. Another flawless stay, room always clean, concierge always helpful. - If anyone has any questions on anything just shout!

Update on YC Refurb, they have been working on Floors 1 and 2 Simultaneously in some parts of the hotel, seems to be pushing hard for completion asap.

Welp, I got the dreaded email from Photobucket and now my nieces and nephews no longer show in my signature.

I refuse to pay for Photobucket. What are people on here doing about photos now?

I assume any of my photos which NateBenMa put on the first few pages of this thread also have the annoying notice in place of my photos ("Please update your account to enable third party hosting.)

So I finally had a chance to see what is going on. As I mentioned, I have a paid subscription to Photobucket, which expires in February. According to what I read, if you are a member in "good standing", i.e. PAID up, then the links to the pictures in your account appear to continue to be valid.

The good news (actually, great news) on my part is that I am such a control freak that almost all of the photos on Page 1 are either mine, or if not, I have them uploaded in my Photobucket account, so they are still viewable. I think there are only 3 pictures in 20 posts on Page 1 FULL of pictures that no longer appear. That may not be the case in some of the links, however.

One of pictures no longer displaying is your GF cookie/brownie picture. Can you email that to me at my yahoo account:

beachclubdee

Also, if you email the pictures you want in your signature, I'll upload those and send you the links so you can continue to display them if you wish.

:goodvibes

********************************************************************************

Some of the options to allow you to continue posting photos without paying a service fee (I believe)

1- Direct upload to the DIS using the Upload a File button
con- sometimes you need to resize the photo prior to posting, the photo won't show in quotes from others and I think there is a 10 photo per post limit of this type.
Is that still true????

2- Other services like flikr, Shutterfly, smugmug, Snapfish are still offered for free, I believe.

:flower1:

NateBenMa -
I just emailed you my Beach Club Marketplace Gluten Free photos. I can't remember which one(s) I originally posted, so use any that you like.

I also emailed you my BCV Shortcut to Epcot photo. The first time I stayed at BCV, I found the shortcut very confusing. When you get to the circle area on the sidewalk between the green building (BCV) and the blue building (BC), your instinct is to turn left, because you know Epcot is on the left. However, you need to turn right and go to the end. Then you turn left and walk straight until you get to the end - that will put you out in the main area where BC and YC people walk to Epcot.

If you want any of my other photos emailed to you, just let me nkow.

Thanks for your offer about helping with my signature photos. I will sign up for one of the other photo services because I like to post photos here and on other threads. I know I can upload photos directly, but I like it when the whole photo appears in the post, rather than a little box to click on to see the photo.

Last edited:
We arrive at the Beach Club on 8/17. Does anyone have some information or pictures about the Beach Club bus stop? I thought I heard that it has been moved because of the Convention Center renovation. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- manooly

We arrive at the Beach Club on 8/17. Does anyone have some information or pictures about the Beach Club bus stop? I thought I heard that it has been moved because of the Convention Center renovation. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- manooly

As far as I know, this is old news. Although it has been mentioned a couple of times recently because the info appeared on another site.

All of the current reports I have seen have the Beach Club (and Yacht Club) stop in the regular locations.

Our friends will let us know if that changes.

::yes::

As far as I know, this is old news. Although it has been mentioned a couple of times recently because the info appeared on another site.

All of the current reports I have seen have the Beach Club (and Yacht Club) stop in the regular locations.

Our friends will let us know if that changes.

::yes::

We were there two weeks ago - the bus stop was in the regular location for the Beach Club - I never really paid attention at the Yacht Club though to see if they had been moved at all.

NateBenMa -
I just emailed you my Beach Club Marketplace Gluten Free photos. I can't remember which one(s) I originally posted, so use any that you like.

I also emailed you my BCV Shortcut to Epcot photo. The first time I stayed at BCV, I found the shortcut very confusing. When you get to the circle area on the sidewalk between the green building (BCV) and the blue building (BC), your instinct is to turn left, because you know Epcot is on the left. However, you need to turn right and go to the end. Then you turn left and walk straight until you get to the end - that will put you out in the main area where BC and YC people walk to Epcot.

If you want any of my other photos emailed to you, just let me nkow.

Thanks for your offer about helping with my signature photos. I will sign up for one of the other photo services because I like to post photos here and on other threads. I know I can upload photos directly, but I like it when the whole photo appears in the post, rather than a little box to click on to see the photo.
Your new signature is fantastic (until you get it resolved! ) This photobucket situation is ridiculous!!!!

We were there two weeks ago - the bus stop was in the regular location for the Beach Club - I never really paid attention at the Yacht Club though to see if they had been moved at all.
The bus stop is also in the regular location at YC. As a PP mentioned, renovations of 1st and 2nd floor are in full swing. Bus stop is not affected, but there are walls up in front of 1 out of the 4 lobby elevators, and completely blocking access to 1st floor rooms by the quiet pool exit. I did not try the 2nd floor, but you could see rooms on both floors being gutted from the quiet pool.

So I have some big news about Stormalong Bay, but it comes with a downside for me. I will no longer be able to respond to a certain question with my favorite answer ever...

"Yes, We Have No Cabanas"

:banana::banana::banana:

Although I have to say that the first time I had the opportunity to use that response was one of the few times that someone was taken aback and criticized me about the "rude" post.

Not sure how many cabanas are planned or what the rental price and amenities will be. My man on the scene says work is expected to start in about a month or so, back where the tables are way in the back by the kiddie pool.

I'll let you all know when I have more news.

:thumbsup2
So they're putting cabanas by kiddie pool? Er, not what I'd think is a quiet, relaxing location, lol. I don't know what I think of Cabanas at SAB considering they take up a lot of real estate, and given the problem of people unable to find chairs the past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts