Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Would love to hear specifics about why you prefer the BC to the Poly.
We prefer it because the Stormalong Bay pool complex is far superior to the Polynesian's pools. The Poly's feature volcano pool is nice, but was more crowded than we've ever seen Stormalong Bay, probably because they check your Magic Bands at the entrance to Stormalong Bay to deter crashers, while they do not do this at the Poly pool.

Also, we like being within walking distance of two theme parks, Fantasia mini-golf, and several good restaurants. And because the Poly gets more non-guest visitors due to it being on the monorail, the Poly lobby is a bit noisy & hectic. The Beach Club lobby & other common areas are more peaceful.

That being said, we are staying at the Poly this August because my son wants to try it again. We're adding a day at the Beach Club, though, for Stormalong Bay.

Last edited:
And then it got better. We were in room 5181. Best view ever. Straight on view of the lake and BW from our balcony. Beautiful room. Large bathroom. Awesome smelling shampoo.

Once the nice people left we jumped up and down like we had won the lottery. Explained to DD that for the cost we could probably buy a nice used car. It's why we've never stayed CL. Dreamed of it, but couldn't bite that bullet.

When we came back that evening there were chocolates on our bed! Good chocolate!

Took us a few days to feel comfortable (like why do we deserve this??) But we had such a great time. We were there to celebrate dd's 15th bday so it was even more special. Loved the lounge and the convenience. We used it a lot in the afternoons during the rain and storms that kept closing the pool. Best potato chips ever!!

We still can't get over the experience and now it has ruined us. I had a hard time staying at a moderate after staying deluxe. Now the bar has been set for the deluxe :).

Yeah you are ruined, for our Christmas trip we always stay CL , pretty much a must now, and then last year we stayed in an upgraded CL room and now I am even more ruined

Thanks for that. I knew about 5163 but that is all I have ever heard of. Thanks for the info about the other rooms. Are they all rooms in the water view category?

:thumbsup2

@natebenma Yes, according to TouringPlans these are all water view rooms. I checked because we have a request for a gazebo view (we have Garden View) and I would hate not to have a balcony, we've requested to be on a higher floor but it's our 3rd priority after 2 Queen beds and Gazebo view!

Page 920

DH and I are sept. 12-15 at YC. First stay here. We have 2 days in Garden view and one day SVCL. I may switch it all to SV CL. Or if a GV becomes available I may switch it all to GV.

I have read the first 50 pages and last 50 pages.

Whoever keeps this page up is doing a great job.

:welcome:

and THANKS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

That would be the very awesome @natebenma

Awwww!!!! :blush:

Beach Club vs. Poly

We are on the Poly portion of our stay and we have all agreed that we prefer the BC , so much so that we even went by there this evening to see if we could move over early. Unfortunately we cannot. We like the Poly but the BC is truly home for us :lovestruc. We will be there Tuesday so not too much longer !!

We enjoy the pool at the BC so much more, it seems crowded at the Poly. The rooms at the Poly are bigger but we like the decor of BC, it's brighter and more our style. We also enjoy being able to walk to two parks, the monorail to MK is nice but to go to Epcot from the Poly we have to go through 2 bag checks. My husband and I enjoy going for a morning run a couple times during our trips and the path at the BC is SO much better! We also like that all the rooms are under one roof at BC, we have a very good building at the Poly, close to everything which we lucked out on ( it was a request) . I think it really is just personal preference , we are still really enjoying ourselves we just miss "home".

We stayed at BC/Poly last August. I don't know when the Poly is due for a refurb but the room seemed very worn down. The carpet was in bad shape and the room seemed very musty. I liked the rooms at the BC a lot better, newer modern and bright. The rooms at the Poly are dark and dreary IMO. Also the BC seemed more active/fun and Poly was more quiet/mellow/dark the whole resort. We definitely liked the BC over the Poly as well. We did like the location of the Poly tho. The Poly is a nice resort but we just preferred the BC. This year we are staying at the GF for our MK resort.

We stayed at BC and Poly last year (both for the first time). We liked the BC better. The rooms at the Poly are larger but they seemed damp and are very dark. The rooms at the BC and newer, more modern and just have a bright, summery feel. The transporation and location for both are great. The pool area is better at the BC. The Poly's quick service is better. More to do around the BC area with the boardwalk being right there, you can walk around at night.

We prefer it because the Stormalong Bay pool complex is far superior to the Polynesian's pools. The Poly's feature volcano pool is nice, but was more crowded than we've ever seen Stormalong Bay, probably because they check your Magic Bands at the entrance to Stormalong Bay to deter crashers, while they do not do this at the Poly pool.

Also, we like being within walking distance of two theme parks, Fantasia mini-golf, and several good restaurants. And because the Poly gets more non-guest visitors due to it being on the monorail, the Poly lobby is a bit noisy & hectic. The Beach Club lobby & other common areas are more peaceful.

That being said, we are staying at the Poly this August because my son wants to try it again. We're adding a day at the Beach Club, though, for Stormalong Bay.

Comments from a recent trip to the Poly- sounds like enforcement of keeping non-Poly guests from the Poly feature pool and the quiet pool is happening more frequently now:

The Poly pools - both the Lava pool and the Oasis pool require you to scan your bands to get in. There is one entrance to the Oasis pool that I did find sporadically worked without scanning your band (my hands were full so I gave it a shot).

The Lava pool IS incredibly crowded - we never used it, always went to the quiet pool, Oasis. But, this is easier since we were all adults and didn't miss the slide or lifeguards. The pluses of the Oasis pool - it to all of our minds seemed larger in practical terms than the feature pool, and the pool deck was less congested. It is zero entry on one side. It has full length stairs (great for sitting) on the other side. You were able to play with balls, etc. without getting yelled at - adding that the kids that were doing so were very respectful of everyone else in the pool. There is the Oasis Bar right there that serves alcoholic drinks (including a spiky pineapple, an alcoholic frozen Dole Whip). They also serve pretty good food. The refill station for mugs is right at the Oasis pool. It was fairly easy to find lounge chairs. I have always had a problem finding lounge chairs at SAB if there during peak afternoon times. There are a lot of tables. Downside - there is not a lot of shade.

The Poly sells it's own drink inside a pineapple - the Lapu Lapu. It can be purchased at the Tambu lounge (to-go if you wish) in the ceremonial house. You can also purchase it less expensively without said pineapple. They also have a Backscratcher that will knock you on your back.

Last edited:

We enjoy the pool at the BC so much more, it seems crowded at the Poly. The rooms at the Poly are bigger but we like the decor of BC, it's brighter and more our style. We also enjoy being able to walk to two parks, the monorail to MK is nice but to go to Epcot from the Poly we have to go through 2 bag checks. My husband and I enjoy going for a morning run a couple times during our trips and the path at the BC is SO much better! We also like that all the rooms are under one roof at BC, we have a very good building at the Poly, close to everything which we lucked out on ( it was a request) . I think it really is just personal preference , we are still really enjoying ourselves we just miss "home".

60 days!!!! Fast passes made (although it seemed much more difficult to get times we wanted than in past trips!) Now I have to go through all my plans and update them.... Just have to make sure that I have PLENTY of time to be relaxing in a lounge chair at Stormalong Bay!!!!

I know you can bring beverage and foods from Beaches N Cream window to SAB but can I bring down food from my room. We are staying in a BCV and getting a Garden Grocer order. Would I be allowed to say make a tray of nachos or just chips n dip or cheese and crackers and bring it poolside?

I know you can bring beverage and foods from Beaches N Cream window to SAB but can I bring down food from my room. We are staying in a BCV and getting a Garden Grocer order. Would I be allowed to say make a tray of nachos or just chips n dip or cheese and crackers and bring it poolside?

Absolutely. . .and your cooler filled with drinks too--no glass, but cans and plastic are fine.

Last edited:
Just back from YC and I have to say, if anyone is checking in in the near future, ask about the construction before you get your room assignment. We were on the 3rd floor in a refurbished room, kinda overlooking the quiet pool except there was a HUGE tree blocking our view from anything. Our room was soooooo noisy due to construction that we checked out a day early and asked for a refund. We checked in on Monday and spend most of Tuesday at the parks but on Wednesday decided to rest a little, hang out at the pool and relax in our room before heading to the parks around 3pm. The noise was so loud I described it as the 7 Dwarfs were mining above, Gepetto's workshop was open and Wreck it Ralph had a sledgehammer. We awoke to this around 7:45am. We decided to check out the next day even though our reservation was through Friday, we were planning on moving to AKL on Friday, so just moved a day early. Also, in the section we were the elevator was closed, so in order to get to the quiet pool, we had to walk all the way back to the lobby and all the way back to the quiet pool or navigate the staircases, which we mostly did, but it was still a PITA. I believe our room was 3094, and the room itself was nice with the rehab, but the whole area should have been shut down during the construction.

We are "Home"!!! Came over from the Poly about 10am, room wasn't ready but we received our room ready text about 11:30a while we were enjoying the pool. I requested full balcony and king bed, I had to decide btw the two when we checked in and we really wanted full balcony so that request was granted!! We will go up to the room around 3 and then head to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. Let me know if anyone has any questions

We are "Home"!!! Came over from the Poly about 10am, room wasn't ready but we received our room ready text about 11:30a while we were enjoying the pool. I requested full balcony and king bed, I had to decide btw the two when we checked in and we really wanted full balcony so that request was granted!! We will go up to the room around 3 and then head to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. Let me know if anyone has any questions
Have a wonderful time! How exciting to be "home" we will be home in 101 days. Enjoy Teppan Edo! Is the globe definitely back in the YC lobby btw?

Will you please confirm if they are not adding the bed runners or decorative pillows? Thanks! Have an amazing time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter