Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Those are the "wimpy" pool noodles!!! Those are the same ones we bought and I have to use two to hold me up.
We are on the Poly portion of our stay and we have all agreed that we prefer the BC , so much so that we even went by there this evening to see if we could move over early. Unfortunately we cannot. We like the Poly but the BC is truly home for us :lovestruc. We will be there Tuesday so not too much longer !!

Would love to hear specifics about why you prefer the BC to the Poly.

6 days until our BC arrival! We land at 8:15am and are planning to get some late breakfast once we make it to BC via DME. We like the menu of Captain's Grill online - I know that it has temporarily moved - has the menu changed? We are just trying to weigh our options - we don't want to book anything ahead of time because aren't positive what time we will actually be ready to eat - Thanks! 6 days! Can't wait!

6 days until our BC arrival! We land at 8:15am and are planning to get some late breakfast once we make it to BC via DME. We like the menu of Captain's Grill online - I know that it has temporarily moved - has the menu changed? We are just trying to weigh our options - we don't want to book anything ahead of time because aren't positive what time we will actually be ready to eat - Thanks! 6 days! Can't wait!
The online menu for the temporary location is accurate. The buffet, which was available at the normal location, is no longer offered, but there is a fairly wide selection on the current menu. The temporary location at Ariel's is a very nice environment.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/captains-grille/menus/

The online menu for the temporary location is accurate. The buffet, which was available at the normal location, is no longer offered, but there is a fairly wide selection on the current menu. The temporary location at Ariel's is a very nice environment.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/captains-grille/menus/

Yay! That's what I was hoping! The online menu looks so good - I can't believe we haven't eaten there before! Looking forward to grabbing a nice breakfast after a very early morning flight! We'll need our energy to head off to MK for some day 1 fun! Thanks!

Hi Jody,

We are looking at staying for 7 nights, so you could be right, and perhaps we should consider a split stay. How does that work out on the check out day of the first resort, is it a massive pain to have to check out, get luggage across to the other resort, check in, etc etc?

Just an FYI, we did this for the first time last year. I read on this thread about doing a split stay and I changed our BC reservation to BC and Poly and it was great. This year we are doing 4 nights at YC and 4 nights at GF. It was super easy checking in/out. The night before leaving the BC, I had suitcases packed, next morning woke up finished, called bell services they came to take them to the Poly and we just left for the parks. When we got to the Poly at night, our luggages were there and they delivered them. We also obviously did EP/HS/AK when we were at BC and then took the resort boat over to MK when we stayed at the Poly. So easy.

Would love to hear specifics about why you prefer the BC to the Poly.

We stayed at BC/Poly last August. I don't know when the Poly is due for a refurb but the room seemed very warned down(?). The carpet was in bad shape and the room seemed very musty. I liked the rooms at the BC a lot better, newer modern and bright. The rooms at the Poly are dark and dreary IMO. Also the BC seemed more active/fun and Poly was more quiet/mellow/dark the whole resort. We definitely liked the BC over the Poly as well. We did like the location of the Poly tho. The Poly is a nice resort but we just preferred the BC. This year we are staying at the GF for our MK resort.

Just an FYI, we did this for the first time last year. I read on this thread about doing a split stay and I changed our BC reservation to BC and Poly and it was great. This year we are doing 4 nights at YC and 4 nights at GF. It was super easy checking in/out. The night before leaving the BC, I had suitcases packed, next morning woke up finished, called bell services they came to take them to the Poly and we just left for the parks. When we got to the Poly at night, our luggages were there and they delivered them. We also obviously did EP/HS/AK when we were at BC and then took the resort boat over to MK when we stayed at the Poly. So easy.

Thank you kandb - that sounds perfect!! I think it makes sense to do this for sure. Maybe stay near Magic Kingdom at the start, and learn our way around (logistics between the parks etc), then once we're confident with that move to the BC resort.

We are staying at the YC this August. We are big with leftovers and will bring any back to the room if we have any. My dh will not be coming to the parks and will the staying at the resort. Is there a microwave anywhere for him to use when staying at the YC? Thanks

We are staying at the YC this August. We are big with leftovers and will bring any back to the room if we have any. My dh will not be coming to the parks and will the staying at the resort. Is there a microwave anywhere for him to use when staying at the YC? Thanks
You can request a microwave for your room from Housekeeping. If one is available, they will deliver it to your room, at no additional charge (tip would be appropriate for delivery).

We will be at the BC Water View 2 queen beds for 10 nights in july. Our DDs don't sleep well on one queen bed. Does these rooms have daybeds? TIA

We will be at the BC Water View 2 queen beds for 10 nights in july. Our DDs don't sleep well on one queen bed. Does these rooms have daybeds? TIA

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of the thread.

:cool1:

Some rooms have daybeds, some do not. I'm not sure how many rooms have them, maybe 50%. Make sure you add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation, by calling Disney Central Reservations Office (or having your travel agent to it if you made your reservation that way)

"Room with a daybed please"

Requests are not guaranteed, so you should check with the front desk when you arrive to make sure your room has a daybed or to see if there is another room available or to see if you are able to get a rollaway cot.

:goodvibes

60 days out! Our fast passes are made, online check in is done, and Garden Grocer order is in. Once we hit that 120 day mark it seems to be flying by. The next couple of months are so busy for us that I bet these next 60 days will fly by too. Can not wait to check out this beautiful hotel, swim in the pool, and visit the pool bar a time or two.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of the thread.

:cool1:

Some rooms have daybeds, some do not. I'm not sure how many rooms have them, maybe 50%. Make sure you add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation, by calling Disney Central Reservations Office (or having your travel agent to it if you made your reservation that way)

"Room with a daybed please"

Requests are not guaranteed, so you should check with the front desk when you arrive to make sure your room has a daybed or to see if there is another room available or to see if you are able to get a rollaway cot.

:goodvibes

Thanks for the answer. On our last stay (July 2015) we got the Lagoon view with a day bed, near the International Gateway. Perfect room! But with all the rooms renovations, I don't know if this room still have a day bed. I will request them for the day bed. Thanks again.

Has there been any reviews of Captain's Grille since it moved to Ariel's? I have looked but don't see any. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter