Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We arrived home on Wednesday night from our wonderful five night stay at the BC. We went to SAB on our last day and then used the new shower facilities. These pictures are from the women's shower room. There is a large handicap style toilet in the room, two shower stalls, a baby changing shelf, a sink, a bench, towels and the same toiletries that the rooms have.

IMG_3427_zpsvnmd8lnj.jpg

IMG_3429_zpsu5xr9u4a.jpg

IMG_3430_zpsavimlsh4.jpg

IMG_3431_zpsq5cjm7pn.jpg

There are three shower rooms : women's, men's and unisex. The unisex shower room has a lock on the door so my husband and I used that room to shower and change. It had a single shower stall, toilet, sink, bench, baby changing area, towels but the toiletries were missing. The unisex shower room was nice because you had privacy. The other two shower rooms didn't have any place to change without someone walking in on you unless you went into the toilet stall to change or changed in the wet shower stall.

The shower stalls need a shelf or bench for your supplies. The shower room needed a curtained off area for dry clothes and to change in privacy. I think that the unisex shower room will be popular.

All in all, though, the shower rooms are a wonderful addition to the YC/BC. We ran into a management - type person as we were leaving the shower area and told him how much we liked the new showers. He said that they thought that they needed to add them since all the other deluxe resorts had shower facilities and the YC/BC lost their showers when the spa was added.

Last edited:
I saw somewhere that Beaches and Cream has a walk up window? Is this right? What do they offer at the window?

I think the shakes and stuff. At least we've only gotten shakes, sundaes and cones from the window.

Great question- I believe that the last report I got was that you could get any sundae, except for the regular Kitchen Sink, and the Grilled Banana Bread with Peanut Butter from the Beaches & Cream take out window. The mini Kitchen Sink, in the keepsake container is available at the window.

Can anyone confirm that? ETA: Thanks for the feedback!

At one point I asked for a picture of the takeout menu, and I'm pretty sure someone supplied one. I am less sure I know where I filed that and if I added it to the first page of this thread (Post 7, Dining)

Here's another question- can you get ANY shake from the take out window, including the adult shakes or Hard Root Beer floats?

If anyone is willing to take on that challenge in the name of "research" please let me know.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
We arrived home on Wednesday night from our wonderful five night stay at the BC. We went to SAB on our last day and then used the new shower facilities. These pictures are from the women's shower room. There is a large handicap style toilet in the room, two shower stalls, a baby changing shelf, a sink, a bench, towels and the same toiletries that the rooms have.

Wow!!!

Love these pictures.

:thanks:

For those who have stayed in both a standard guest room at the BC and a studio at BCV, which did you prefer and why? What did you not like? This is based on a revenue booking, not DVC.
The BC room is a nicer room in general. The bathroom in the BC room has a double sink. The studio has a single sink. Many of the BC rooms have two queen beds and a daybed. The studio has a full balcony while only about 50% of the BC rooms have a full balcony. Most of the standard rooms at the BC are over the lobby and restaurant area and therefore closer to the main entrance than the BCV's. If the prices were the same and you didn't need the kitchenette than I would get the BC room instead of the BCV studio.

We returned from our BCV stay on May 20, 2017 and I have been trying to get settled back into the real world and prepare for our return in another couple of weeks. :faint: Tiring, but really looking forward to getting back so soon! :woohoo:
We are returning in a few weeks, too, which is really nice. :)

Tess - that is a beautiful room. I like the combination of the carpet and the wood flooring. We had a similar view when we stayed at the BC, and I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was nice to have some privacy and we could sit on the balcony in our pj's early in the morning sipping our coffee without anyone seeing me without make up or combed hair :)
We had a tree view, too, and it was very private. No one could see into our room. :)

Great question- I believe that the last report I got was that you could get any sundae, except for the Kitchen Sink, from the Beaches & Cream take out window.

Can anyone confirm that?
I saw people eating the mini kitchen sinks outside of Beaches and Cream. They had gotten them from the take out window. Those mini kitchen sinks cost $22.00. :faint: We never seemed to have a chance to eat there on this trip.

When I was there at the end of March, I asked the cast member working outside the door of Beaches & Cream. She said that you can get any dessert at the take-out window except the Grilled Banana Bread & Peanut Butter. (The take-out window has a sign listing just a few options, but from what this cast member said, you are not limited to those options.)

Thanks so much for the shower pics/info!!!

As for beaches and cream take out, it's been years since I've been there but at least for ice cream they would make almost anything, not just what was on the takeout menu. At that time they only did take out ice cream. Hoping to find time to grab something on our trip in July!

When I was there at the end of March, I asked the cast member working outside the door of Beaches & Cream. She said that you can get any dessert at the take-out window except the Grilled Banana Bread & Peanut Butter. (The take-out window has a sign listing just a few options, but from what this cast member said, you are not limited to those options.)

Thanks for that reminder. I am going to edit my post above.

We had booked a garden/woods view room with the bounce back discount. Whenever we book this category we tend to get a view of the trees between the BC and Epcot.

Room 3520 - two queen beds, connecting door, full balcony, no daybed.

IMG_3342_zpsinbbpykz.jpg

IMG_3343_zpsmqtx0lg7.jpg

IMG_3347_zpsnaxutyup.jpg

This section of the resort is closest to the International Gateway and has only three floors, so there wasn't anyone above us. The trees were very close and we had a lot of privacy. We had a great view of the Illumination fireworks and could hear the British Revolution when we opened the door to the balcony. My fireworks pictures are always bad since my cell phone likes to use the flash for these shots.

IMG_3327_zps3xqwkujt.jpg

There isn't much to say about this room. It had the dormer balcony and the Roman shades. We had a big empty space between the bed and window. It looks big enough for a roll away bed or an armchair. The room had a connecting door and there was only one night when we heard the family next door. The fireworks work up the baby and that made it cry for awhile. And them seemed to have a lot of young kids. But I put a towel at the bottom of the connecting door and that helped. But other than that, it was a very quiet room.

It seemed like the resort was not full. Both the quiet pool and SAB never had very many people at it. The Marketplace wasn't very busy, even at morning rush hour. But I did notice a lot of activity at the airport on our departure day. It was the Wednesday before Memorial weekend and both Orlando and Midway seemed extra busy. Unfortunately, the parks were crowded with school and tour groups during our stay. But we had a great time anyway. :)

Finally, here is the word on the status of the Ale and Compass Lounge:

The Ale & Compass Lounge will be closed for a refurbishment from May 25, 2017 through late fall. Please check back for updates
It obviously will be remodeled/refurbished along with the Captain's Grille. :yay:
The temporary location will probably be at the new Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace.

Any confirmation of this from folks currently at the resort?

Woohoo. Just changed our standard room BC to standard room CL. So excited. We will be there 8/15-8/23. I can't wait! Does anyone know if all CL rooms have a full balcony? So exc. I've been back and forth over this splurge for months. The room opened up and I jumped on it.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As Hopefully indicates, not all club level rooms have full balconies, but I believe about 3/4 of the rooms do have them. A higher percentage than for the non-club rooms.

Does anyone know if most of the standard club level rooms at the BC have balconies? I seem to be getting mixed info.

According to my notes 5 of the 38 BC CL SV rooms have the smaller balconies. These numbers may be off by one or two - when the BC club lounge was expanded a room or two was used to expand the lounge. I can't remember what the view types of those rooms were.

Where are you seeing conflicting info?

:)

According to my notes 5 of the 38 BC CL SV rooms have the smaller balconies. These numbers may be off by one or two - when the BC club lounge was expanded a room or two was used to expand the lounge. I can't remember what the view types of those rooms were.

Where are you seeing conflicting info?

:)

Touring plans has them all listed as full balcony. Ome cm told me they all have full balconies, one told me they didn't and another said they had no clue! At least she was honest!

Finally, here is the word on the status of the Ale and Compass Lounge:

The Ale & Compass Lounge will be closed for a refurbishment from May 25, 2017 through late fall. Please check back for updates
It obviously will be remodeled/refurbished along with the Captain's Grille. :yay:
The temporary location will probably be at the new Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace.

Any confirmation of this from folks currently at the resort?

I walked into the new YC Marketplace this week when the construction door was open, and there was nothing but drywall and duct work in there. I was told by the CM that is was going to be for the gift shop. The current location for the gift shop is a sad little square of lobby space. Moving the gift shop back into its old space at the new YC Marketplace makes sense. It would be a mirror of what the BC Marketplace would have, food and gifts.

The current Ale and Compass is very convenient to the convention crowd. I could see them carving out some of the old Captain's Grill to give more space to the Ale and Compass. Maybe that is the new plan.

Last edited:
Page 887-888

So very excited~~ our first stay at the BCV December 24 to the 27th:yay::santa:

Thanx everyone for all the incredible useful info.

Liz:love:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Just got back from an amazing stay at the YC! We were upgraded to a water view room and got a renovated one too! The new rooms are so nice, especially the bath areas. I love the barn door that closes off the vanity and bath area from the rest of the room so you can get some more privacy. I'm on the fence about the new floors, I like the look and they seem more sanitary, but boy are they loud. We could hear everything from the room next to us, from regular conversations to people walking around. Throw in some boisterous kids and it can get pretty loud, as it did one night of our trip. Fortunately it was only one night, so we didn't loose too much sleep!

We did have a bath in our room as well, although we would have preferred just a shower. Oh, and the pocket door to the bathroom is so much better than the old setup. It was such a pain to try to close those doors before!

I'll post pictures once I figure out where my camera is packed and wake up from a much needed nap!

Thank you so much for the great descriptions and pictures.

Do you know what the room number was?

Here are a few pictures from our stay at YC CL last week. We had room 5225 which is waterview.

Thanks once again for all of your fantastic reports and pictures during and after your trip.

:thanks:

Update-we have figured a way to make it back to the YC next year. It will be Myself, DBF, his son, sons GF and 2 kids (7 and 3). We are very excited. Him and I were there a few weeks ago and loved it. It will be the other 4's first time. April 27, 2018 can't get here fast enough.

:welcome: back!

Sounds like an awesome trip, how fun to introduce some new folks to the resort.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hello!
Headed back to the Beach Club next weekend for Memorial Day.
We have a standard room booked. Does anyone have a room number that was standard and some how had a nice view? lol. I'm heading into Touring Plans to play around with room views.

Sorry it has taken me so long to say

:welcome: back!

Hope you are enjoying your trip.

:dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts