Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey guys! For those of you who have been to Beaches and Cream - how's the food? Would you recommend it for lunch or is it better suited for dessert? Thanks!

I've only eaten there once, but all in my party LOVED the burgers and fries we ordered,

And the dessert...well, see for yourself! Needless to say, I was not able to eat the whole thing by myself! Our next trip we will plan a late lunch there on a day we do a dessert party in one of the parks....by the time we get to the party, we should be over being stuffed at lunch!
20160425_132736.jpg

Hey guys! For those of you who have been to Beaches and Cream - how's the food? Would you recommend it for lunch or is it better suited for dessert? Thanks!
Love the food, for us the grilled cheese is hands down the best (not so sure about the soup but we are Campbell's tomato fans). Last time we went, DH and I shared the entree then the sundae, helping us justify the calories by sharing!

Our kids really enjoy it as well, we are going back our next trip, it is a must do going forward.

Love the food, for us the grilled cheese is hands down the best (not so sure about the soup but we are Campbell's tomato fans). Last time we went, DH and I shared the entree then the sundae, helping us justify the calories by sharing!

Our kids really enjoy it as well, we are going back our next trip, it is a must do going forward.

Thanks so much!! My son LOVES grilled cheese, so that's good to know!!

I've only eaten there once, but all in my party LOVED the burgers and fries we ordered,
And the dessert...well, see for yourself! Needless to say, I was not able to eat the whole thing by myself! Our next trip we will plan a late lunch there on a day we do a dessert party in one of the parks....by the time we get to the party, we should be over being stuffed at lunch!
View attachment 239713

Wow!!! They look Amazing!!!!! The pictures are enough of an excuse to visit!!!

We found it to be good, but nothing spectacular. That said, we'll probably have lunch here on our HS day since the QS options there aren't great.

Thanks for your honest opinion!! I'm thinking dessert would Be the best reason to go, but it is very convenient for a quick bite!!!

We returned from our BCV stay on May 20, 2017 and I have been trying to get settled back into the real world and prepare for our return in another couple of weeks. :faint: Tiring, but really looking forward to getting back so soon! :woohoo:

I thought I would share our room views from BCV #249. We had requested first floor, near main building and/or pool view--not a single request was met. We had a woods view, in the north wing, next to last room at the far end of the hall and next to a no re-entry stairwell by the service entrance. In other words, we had the exact opposite of everything requested. I know they are just requests so no need for anyone to comment on that disappointment. The room itself was fine--clean, well-maintained and stocked as expected.

One minor aggravation was the mid-building elevator remained out of service from our arrival until departure. This made for a long walk to the pool since there is no stairwell mid-building near that elevator and our room was at the farthest reaches of that section. To exit we needed to go down a floor and walk to the mid-building exit door or walk toward the main hall and exit at the lobby end of the building. A minor inconvenience but if I had to drag luggage from the parking lot I would not have been a happy camper.

Here are the room photos and views. . .

Florida%202017%20161_zpsewctixae.jpg

Florida%202017%203_zpsqhqvhw0k.jpg

Florida%202017%202_zpsfggvna1k.jpg

Florida%202017%204_zpsvvoctdxo.jpg

Florida%202017%205_zpskwiol2pd.jpg

Florida%202017%206_zpsndvancgt.jpg

Florida%202017%207_zpsfi7yja08.jpg

Florida%202017%208_zpsgvzabzim.jpg

Florida%202017%209_zpsdcspcggo.jpg

Florida%202017%2011_zpsthjoeb2d.jpg

Not much of a view unless you count the service vehicles going up and down the sidewalk in the early a.m. The service area is just to the left. We were the penultimate room on this side of the hallway. It is also a lock-off room with 247.

Florida%202017%2012_zpsxneob8cu.jpg

Florida%202017%2013_zpsykhc6y1x.jpg

Florida%202017%2014_zpsu9hnmv6i.jpg

We had fabulous weather this trip and only one afternoon with rain which provided us with some lovely rocker time on the YC verandah. Looking forward to our return to BC in the fall with our kids and their spouses, but first that BONUS trip to The Dolphin which I also love!

Tess - that is a beautiful room. I like the combination of the carpet and the wood flooring. We had a similar view when we stayed at the BC, and I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was nice to have some privacy and we could sit on the balcony in our pj's early in the morning sipping our coffee without anyone seeing me without make up or combed hair :)

I actually think that's a very nice view, but then as long as I'm not looking at a brick wall, I don't mind whatever view I have. (I once had a hotel room in San Diego that actually did look at a brick wall, but since I was there for Comic-Con and only using the room for shower and sleep, I thought it was pretty hilarious.)

Tess - that is a beautiful room. I like the combination of the carpet and the wood flooring. We had a similar view when we stayed at the BC, and I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was nice to have some privacy and we could sit on the balcony in our pj's early in the morning sipping our coffee without anyone seeing me without make up or combed hair :)

I actually think that's a very nice view, but then as long as I'm not looking at a brick wall, I don't mind whatever view I have. (I once had a hotel room in San Diego that actually did look at a brick wall, but since I was there for Comic-Con and only using the room for shower and sleep, I thought it was pretty hilarious.)

The view wasn't really an issue for us either--we aren't big on being out on the balcony of our room. If we are up, unless the weather is horrid, we are outside on property somewhere--usually poolside--or in a park. My one complaint would be that the room got very dark early in the day due to the "woods" view. I really like a light, airy and bright room.

Our minor disappointment, which was more of an inconvenience, was the location. As I said, if we are up we are in a park and when we are back around 1:00 ish, we are poolside. It was a pretty good hike to the pool especially if you forgot something in the room. The morning run to bell services for the paper was not very convenient either. We were spoiled last spring. . .we were in 106 which was close to everything.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an update on what floor they are remodeling at YC? The last I thought I read was third floor, but that's been a few weeks ago.

Does anyone know if most of the standard club level rooms at the BC have balconies? I seem to be getting mixed info.

Hi everyone! I haven't delurked in a while but I had a question and was hoping that someone can help me out?

Regarding the adult beverages sold in BC Marketplace, I am curious as to the size (ml) of the Jose Cuervo tequila bottle and the cost. We are ordering beer and wine from GG but since we are staying in a 1BR villa, we plan on having more snacks and easy dinners in the room (which then leads to margaritas...)

Any info would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Hi everyone! We are home from our YC CL stay. I thought I'd pop in and post a few things about our experience. We arrived at the resort about 9:30 AM. There wasn't a CM waiting outside, but the valet called someone from bell services to take us up to the lounge. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we could have just gone up on our own. Stopped at the desk to make sure everything was in order and were served the famous "welcome drink". Hello, let the vacation begin! As far as our room, we got a text that the room was ready at 8:30 AM (earliest ever!). We were given 5198, which is a garden view. The new rooms are very nice. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the flooring, but I actually kind of liked it once seeing it in person. 5198 has a king bed with a chair and a shower (no tub). We had requested a king room close to the lounge, so they did a good job accommodating these requests. All the CM's we encountered in the lounge were great. Everyone super friendly and helpful. We felt the food/beverage selections in the lounge were really good. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to try and answer! :goodvibes

This is a view from our room.

IMG_0846-2.jpg

Hi everyone! We are home from our YC CL stay. I thought I'd pop in and post a few things about our experience. We arrived at the resort about 9:30 AM. There wasn't a CM waiting outside, but the valet called someone from bell services to take us up to the lounge. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we could have just gone up on our own. Stopped at the desk to make sure everything was in order and were served the famous "welcome drink". Hello, let the vacation begin! As far as our room, we got a text that the room was ready at 8:30 AM (earliest ever!). We were given 5198, which is a garden view. The new rooms are very nice. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the flooring, but I actually kind of liked it once seeing it in person. 5198 has a king bed with a chair and a shower (no tub). We had requested a king room close to the lounge, so they did a good job accommodating these requests. All the CM's we encountered in the lounge were great. Everyone super friendly and helpful. We felt the food/beverage selections in the lounge were really good. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to try and answer! :goodvibes

This is a view from our room.

View attachment 239895
Every time I hear about the welcome beverage being offered, I just get giddy all over again. What an AWESOME view from your room!!!!!:love:

Hi everyone! I haven't delurked in a while but I had a question and was hoping that someone can help me out?

Regarding the adult beverages sold in BC Marketplace, I am curious as to the size (ml) of the Jose Cuervo tequila bottle and the cost. We are ordering beer and wine from GG but since we are staying in a 1BR villa, we plan on having more snacks and easy dinners in the room (which then leads to margaritas...)

Any info would be most appreciated! Thanks!
Completely unhelpful other than to say expect it to cost about twice what you would pay at your local ABC store. At least that has been my experience when purchasing alcohol from the Disney resort stores.

Thank you! I will be sure to still add Full Balcony as a preference.

Do many of you lovely club level people contact DSS directly with room preference requests?
I imagine the majority would be "close to lounge" and "full balcony"!
I did! I actually added a daybed request when I called in to book the Safari, it was great being able to book the safari, change a dining reservation and add room requests with one phone call. Or email them if you prefer, I have always heard back within same day - 48 hours.

I saw somewhere that Beaches and Cream has a walk up window? Is this right? What do they offer at the window?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter