Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That's great! How do the anytime fastpasses work? Are they good for any ride/any time?

Would love to know how yachtsman is. We are going in July, has been years since we have been.

Yep-anytime. We just went to an attraction, scanned our MBs and in we went. But the big drawback was we couldn't use them for Frozen Ever After which was a major bummer!

For those who have stayed in both a standard guest room at the BC and a studio at BCV, which did you prefer and why? What did you not like? This is based on a revenue booking, not DVC.

For those who have stayed in both a standard guest room at the BC and a studio at BCV, which did you prefer and why? What did you not like? This is based on a revenue booking, not DVC.

BCV--

Microwave
Toaster
Kitchenette
Seating area
Quieter
Larger living area

Dislikes:
Pool/common area maintenance sometimes deferred
Bus overcrowding, particularly MK

BC--

In the middle of the action
Nearer Boardwalk
Daily housekeeping
Hallway/neighbor noise
Lobby

Dislikes:
Mini coffee servers
Distance to Buses
Overcrowding at pools

I also dislike the lack of Marketplace food offerings but that applies to both.

With regard to preference--whichever I am able to book at the lowest rate! :cool1:

How many real beds do you want? Studio has one bed, one sofa bed and one pull down bed which is shorter and narrower than a twin size bed.

BCV--

Microwave
Toaster
Kitchenette
Seating area
Quieter
Larger living area

Dislikes:

BC--

Nearer Boardwalk
Daily housekeeping
Hallway/neighbor noise
Lobby

Dislikes:
Mini coffee servers
Distance to Buses
Overcrowding at pools

With regard to preference--whichever I am able to book at the lowest rate! :cool1:
I can probably add a dislike to BCV studios - no ceiling fans! The light fixture installed during the refurbs looks exactly like the fixture installed in the refurbed rooms at the YC, which replaced the ceiling fans.

Here's your official :welcome:

All regular (not deluxe or suites) club level rooms at the Yacht & Beach Club are on the 5th floor. According to my notes, 3 of the 26 Beach Club CL Water View rooms have smaller balconies.

:goodvibes

Thank you! I will be sure to still add Full Balcony as a preference.

Do many of you lovely club level people contact DSS directly with room preference requests?
I imagine the majority would be "close to lounge" and "full balcony"!

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there is a Yacht Club picture thread somewhere (if there is, I can't find it!). Thank you!

I can probably add a dislike to BCV studios - no ceiling fans! The light fixture installed during the refurbs looks exactly like the fixture installed in the refurbed rooms at the YC, which replaced the ceiling fans.

Agreed! That one didn't come to me, but you're right--missed the fans!

BCV--

Microwave
Toaster
Kitchenette
Seating area
Quieter
Larger living area

Dislikes:

BC--

Nearer Boardwalk
Daily housekeeping
Hallway/neighbor noise
Lobby

Dislikes:
Mini coffee servers
Distance to Buses
Overcrowding at pools

I'm kind of confused about some of these.

If you walk out the door of the BCV building, and you look to the right, you can see how to get to the outside of the BC main entrance. You don't have to walk through the Beach Club to get there. So getting from a BCV room to the buses could be faster than getting from a BC room to the buses, depending on where the room is located. (End of the hall, beginning of the hall.)

If you are walking to the Boardwalk from a BCV room, you do not go into the BC and out the back of the BC. There's an outside shortcut which puts you on the path to Epcot/Boardwalk. So getting from a BCV room to the Boardwalk could be faster than getting from a BC room to the Boardwalk, again depending on where the room is located.

The person who recently asked BC versus BCV said that they would not be staying on DVC points. Thus they would get daily housekeeping.

I'm not sure what you mean by BCV pool/common area maintenance deferred. I have never noticed that BCV lobby or pool to be more of a mess than BC areas.

If the buses are overcrowded, it will be the same whether you are BC or BCV. Same bus.

:wave2:

Hi friends!

Just a quick hello- so sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks. Working most days- headed off to the farm now.

I will hopefully be catching up here in the next few days. I have not had any chunks of time to go through the thread and reply to comments, but I have been trying to read everything when I have a chance.

To our new friends here- :welcome:

I'll give you an individual greeting when I have the chance and get you added to our Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

In the meantime, :thanks: to all of the knowledgeable and helpful folks here who continue to answer questions as they come up.

:grouphug:

Hey guys! For those of you who have been to Beaches and Cream - how's the food? Would you recommend it for lunch or is it better suited for dessert? Thanks!

I'm kind of confused about some of these.

If you walk out the door of the BCV building, and you look to the right, you can see how to get to the outside of the BC main entrance. You don't have to walk through the Beach Club to get there. So getting from a BCV room to the buses could be faster than getting from a BC room to the buses, depending on where the room is located. (End of the hall, beginning of the hall.)

Agreed, the walk to the bus from BCV is sometimes faster than the main building depending upon where you are located in either building. On this occasion we were placed in the penultimate room in the wing extending toward the roadway--long distance to the pool, main building and bus stop.

If you are walking to the Boardwalk from a BCV room, you do not go into the BC and out the back of the BC. There's an outside shortcut which puts you on the path to Epcot/Boardwalk. So getting from a BCV room to the Boardwalk could be faster than getting from a BC room to the Boardwalk, again depending on where the room is located.

I am aware of the walkway from BCV to Boardwalk and provided the weather is good AND your room is not in the farthest reaches of the BCV building, the outside walkway may be a bit shorter. If you are on a lower floor @ BC, it is still my opinion that the location is more convenient to the Boardwalk.

The person who recently asked BC versus BCV said that they would not be staying on DVC points. Thus they would get daily housekeeping.

True, but again--this was our experience because we were on points. I would hope the OP would take his/her circumstances into consideration.

I'm not sure what you mean by BCV pool/common area maintenance deferred. I have never noticed that BCV lobby or pool to be more of a mess than BC areas.

I am speaking primarily of the exterior areas of BCV although the alternate elevator (mid-building) was not operational the entire time we stayed and there were the usual trays, dishes, etc. outside of room doors. We saw an Otis workman on one day, but the secondary elevator service was not restored. Since the secondary elevator was not working it precipitated either walking down the stairs in our wing to the lower floor, exiting the no re-entry door near the service area OR walking the hallway from either lobby end or mid-building to exit OR walking our floor hallway to the main hallway and to the stairs or main elevator at the lobby end to exit.

A washcloth along with other bits of trash, e.g., paper bags, wrappers, cups, etc. (easily within reach of the sidewalk area) were located along the walkway the entire time we were there. Further, there was a broken beer bottle which remained for a considerable period of time.

Additionally, the dry conditions have caused a good bit of tree/vegetation debris which was not blown away the entire time we were there. We had to remove it from chairs and tables daily. Trust me, we were in the pool area each and every day for long periods. One day a pool attendant came by every couple of hours to clear towels, pick up the area and remove trash. Other than that day--we saw no one other than electricians working on lights. It also appeared (and we have a pool so it is an informed opinion) that the pool itself could have used a good cleaning--algae or algae staining on the bottom. I definitely did not note this lack of attention at SAB or the quiet pool.

If the buses are overcrowded, it will be the same whether you are BC or BCV. Same bus.

Agreed, hence the reason I noted the overcrowding issue on both BCV and BC.

My opinion is just that--my opinion, but I will attempt to clarify, see bolded. The OP was asking for likes and dislikes--I provided mine. None of these items will keep me from returning. In fact, I will be back in October with both kids and their spouses staying BC this time. More than likely, we will be back in May 2018 too.

Last edited:
Hey guys! For those of you who have been to Beaches and Cream - how's the food? Would you recommend it for lunch or is it better suited for dessert? Thanks!

We found it to be good, but nothing spectacular. That said, we'll probably have lunch here on our HS day since the QS options there aren't great.

I'm sure this is answered some where in this thread, so I apologize for asking again. Do all Yacht Club rooms have a balcony and a day bed? If I have 5 people in the room will I automatically get a day bed if not all rooms have them, or do I need to still request that? Thanks for your help.

I'm sure this is answered some where in this thread, so I apologize for asking again. Do all Yacht Club rooms have a balcony and a day bed? If I have 5 people in the room will I automatically get a day bed if not all rooms have them, or do I need to still request that? Thanks for your help.

You would think so, but not necessarily. Last time we stay at the YC we didn't get to the room until late after Epcot closed. It wasn't until we were getting ready for bed that we realized there wasn't a daybed for my son. I went downstairs and they offered to move me to another room but I had family in the connecting room so I asked for a rollaway bed, which worked out fine.

To those who offered their opinions and thoughts about BCV studio vs. BC standard room, I realize that much of this is related to personal choice and requirements. We all have varying experiences and preferences.

I appreciate all of the posts and thank those who responded. We will take all of this into consideration. Maybe next time, I will be the one to offer my comparison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!