Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello!

First timers here in 10. Days for a 2 bedroom BC Villa...A few questions...

1. I know they dont guarantee room types but can I request a certain room/location? If so, which ones? (I booked via dreams unlimited). I saw some Balconies are short and some are full size?

2. Are the renos done for BC 2 BR Villas? Are there still 2 types? The standard 2 BR and the one with a connecting Studio? Which is better? Its my wife and two teen boys.

3. Any other cool reccomendations? It is very important we make this a good trip (see my other posts if interested) but fear not we keep our expectations in check.

4. Is the AC in the rooms good?

Thanks!

Nicnic - Alex9719 and I think you have a sofa bed. I believe some people are interpreting that as a day bed. Can you tell us which resort (YC or BC) and what type of room? I'm concerned that people are going to look at your photo, and if their room is supposed to have a day bed, they will think it will have what you had. Or better yet, edit your post to explain what type of room you have.

I booked a standard garden view room and requested a day bed and large balcony. Guess I hit lucky with this room. It would easily sleep 6!! I was expecting a regular day bed but like others have said this is definitely a sofa bed. I'll try and get a picture of it put back. X

Hello!

1. I know they dont guarantee room types but can I request a certain room/location? If so, which ones? (I booked via dreams unlimited). I saw some Balconies are short and some are full size?

2. Are the renos done for BC 2 BR Villas? Are there still 2 types? The standard 2 BR and the one with a connecting Studio? Which is better? Its my wife and two teen boys.

3. Any other cool reccomendations? It is very important we make this a good trip (see my other posts if interested) but fear not we keep our expectations in check.

Thanks!

It is never wise to request a specific room. With Villa occupancy near 100% it is likely that room will not be available. Rather state what you would like. "Near elevator " or " higher floor" etc.
all BCV Villas have full balconies.
Renos are done.
There are 2 types of 2 BR Villas. Dedicated and lock off. The Lock Off is a studio and 1 BR connected with an interior door it will have a door opening to the hallway and a kitchenette. It will also have 1 Queen bed and a sleeper sofa. Which is better is pure preference.

We are visiting Sept 16-20!!!! I am VERY excited. I wish it was a longer stay but my hubby wants to also visit the dark side. As of now i was able to snag a room only discount the 17th-20th. Then i found supper cheap flights arriving on the 16th. So now we are coming arriving late on the 16th. I keep checking for a room discount for that night but so far no luck. Has anyone had experience with room room discounts opening up?

The DS bus depot is now at Town Center in the middle of DS. The walkways to SSR are at either end of DS - The West Side or the Marketplace depending on where you want to go.
To the Turf Club you would want the walkway from The Marketplace.
IMO, it is a fair walk from the DS bus depot to The Turf Club in SSR.
I would probably taxi/Uber to SSR for dinner.

Thanks, we will do that.

We are staying at the YC for the first time this August, after staying at the BC last year. I really can't believe Disney is making it so difficult to keep your room cold if a guest prefers it that way. We always sleep in a cooler temperature and when I am paying a lot of money at a deluxe hotel, I don't want to wake up hot in a room with no airflow. Disney should not be nickel and diming their guests. I can't believe people have to drag in a box fan at a deluxe hotel because Disney wants to keep their electric bill for the a/c down. Sorry, but I find this unacceptable.

I have heard that a resort will sometimes send engineering to a guest room to temporarily (perhaps for 24 hours) disable the motion sensor on the AC. Can anyone confirm that the BC or YC will do this, upon request?

We are staying at the YC for the first time this August, after staying at the BC last year. I really can't believe Disney is making it so difficult to keep your room cold if a guest prefers it that way. We always sleep in a cooler temperature and when I am paying a lot of money at a deluxe hotel, I don't want to wake up hot in a room with no airflow. Disney should not be nickel and diming their guests. I can't believe people have to drag in a box fan at a deluxe hotel because Disney wants to keep their electric bill for the a/c down. Sorry, but I find this unacceptable.

The concern about fans is more about air movement. I sleep with the fan on winter/summer, because I'm more comfortable with how moving air feels in our humid area. I don't think most people are having trouble with keeping their room cool, just a few have had equipment malfunction.

I'm on the Gulf Coast and keep our A/C at 78. It's a comfortable temp for everyone, but I like a fan running. 68 is more than cool enough if the thermostat is functioning correctly. That's my winter heat setting and I'm the only one in my house who isn't chilled.
Full disclosure, I've had hot flashes since my 30s and run hot. I'm not "average" in tolerance and don't expect an issue...except that I really like air movement.

The concern about fans is more about air movement. I sleep with the fan on winter/summer, because I'm more comfortable with how moving air feels in our humid area. I don't think most people are having trouble with keeping their room cool, just a few have had equipment malfunction.

I'm on the Gulf Coast and keep our A/C at 78. It's a comfortable temp for everyone, but I like a fan running. 68 is more than cool enough if the thermostat is functioning correctly. That's my winter heat setting and I'm the only one in my house who isn't chilled.
Full disclosure, I've had hot flashes since my 30s and run hot. I'm not "average" in tolerance and don't expect an issue...except that I really like air movement.

It seems like the lowest temp you can set the thermostat for is 68 BUT during the night when there is no movement the a/c doesn't go on when the temp goes above 68. This is done to save energy. I think there is 2 issues, one no fans or air movement and the other is the temp going up because the sensor does not detect movement in the room when you are sleeping.

I have heard that a resort will sometimes send engineering to a guest room to temporarily (perhaps for 24 hours) disable the motion sensor on the AC. Can anyone confirm that the BC or YC will do this, upon request?

We have been staying at Disney hotels for years and have called engineering to do this in the past when during our first night of sleep the temperature in the room was too high. This was a few years ago and then they did something to the thermostat and it lasted for 4 or 5 days I believe. I will not be able to sleep in a hot room. I hope this problem gets fixed.

Hello!

Thanks!

A 2 bedroom at BCV is going to be awesome. We had a 1 bedroom for DH and I over NYE and loved it. Lots of space and the reno did a really nice job of updating the rooms while keeping a beach-y look. DH wants our house to look like that now.

I'd request a room close to the main BC lobby, which makes it a shorter walk to SAB and the BC Marketplace. I'd also try for a dedicated 2 bedroom, so you've got two real beds in the second bedroom for the boys, but one might not be available since there's fewer of them.

Stock up on soda, water, snacks, etc. and maybe some breakfast stuff. The full kitchen is awesome even if you don't cook a lot of (or any) meals in it.

The best thing about BC/YC/BCV (other than SAB) is the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS. And, if you have PH passes, you can cut through Epcot to take the monorail to MK. We really don't like buses, and the boats can be slow to DHS, so even though it takes a bit longer we'll often walk to MK and DHS. It makes us feel much more in the middle of the action. And treating Epcot's WS like your giant personal food court is kind of fun...we'll often just pop over for a snack or meal on the way to somewhere else. (Take your car to AK and DS, and you can avoid buses all week.)

Hope you have a great time!

It seems like the lowest temp you can set the thermostat for is 68 BUT during the night when there is no movement the a/c doesn't go on when the temp goes above 68. This is done to save energy. I think there is 2 issues, one no fans or air movement and the other is the temp going up because the sensor does not detect movement in the room when you are sleeping.

This has been a concern on the boards since our first family trip in 2012. We've stayed at 3 different resorts and the room temperature was always quite cool throughout the night. The bypass trick was unnecessary for our stays.

Whether this will be true in a week, I can't predict. I'm going with the assumption that the ambient temperature will be fine unless the A/C is actually malfunctioning...in which case I'll request to be moved. Should I take my Thermapen and test the air temp vs thermostat setting? :joker:

This has been a concern on the boards since our first family trip in 2012. We've stayed at 3 different resorts and the room temperature was always quite cool throughout the night. The bypass trick was unnecessary for our stays.

Whether this will be true in a week, I can't predict. I'm going with the assumption that the ambient temperature will be fine unless the A/C is actually malfunctioning...in which case I'll request to be moved. Should I take my Thermapen and test the air temp vs thermostat setting? :joker:
Let me know how those tests turn out. :p

When we checked into our room at the Beach Club on Friday morning the A/C was set on 66 degrees. The room was like an ice box. We have had absolutely no trouble with the air not being cold enough, although we usually set it around 70 degrees. The temperature is the room is always on the same setting as what we set it on. It never gets higher or lower so it really doesn't seem to me as if it is on some sort of motion detector type setting.

Other updates from our wonderful stay at the Beach Club.

The new Ale and Compass Marketplace has the most delicious caramel nut rolls in the world - better than the Boardwalk my husband says. They keep them on the warm shelf and when you buy them they are very warm and moist. I asked the CM about the shelf life of the hot foods and they only sit there for thirty minutes before they throw them away. They told me it was a learning curve as to how many they put out at once. We had our roll after dinner and I've always seen at least three rolls out there at a time. The sandwiches were kept in the regular refrigerator.

The new Coke freestyle machines have "real" Minute Maid lemonade - with sugar. :worship:Thank goodness they are finally offering lemonade that is not artificially sweetened. But never fear, if you like your artificial sweeteners then you can have them. They have all sorts of flavors in the machine. :)

We spent a lovely afternoon at SAB. The pool wasn't crowded and there were plenty of open chairs and tables. We floated around the lazy river and it looks like they only have single tubes now. We didn't see any doubles. We had a waiter bring us food and drinks and my husband declared the pulled pork sandwich to be very good. He is very particular about his pulled pork so that was a good sign.

We sat at a table near the Yacht Club side near the kids pool mostly because it was shady and had open tables. We were pleased to discover that they built an exit at that end of the pool, next to the ping pong table. That exit made it faster and easier to get back to our resort room than walking back through the resort.

The CM at the Captain's Grill said that they are closing the restaurant on Wednesday (May 24th). It will be closed all day on Thursday and then reopen on Friday in the space that Ariel's currently occupies.

We met Star Lord and baby Groot at DHS this morning. We got there about 9:35am and it was almost a walk on - just one family ahead of us. They are in "One Man's Dream", at the end of the exhibit. We also saw the ten minute long preview of the upcoming Pirates of the Carribbean movie. That was a nice surprise. We totally enjoyed the preview. I don't know how the movie will turn out but it looks promising. :)

"The new Coke freestyle machines have "real" Minute Maid lemonade - with sugar. :worship:Thank goodness they are finally offering lemonade that is not artificially sweetened. But never fear, if you like your artificial sweeteners then you can have them. They have all sorts of flavors in the machine. :)

Do you know if the new Coke Freestyle machines have Dr. Pepper?

Do you know if the new Coke Freestyle machines have Dr. Pepper?
Download the Coke Frestyle App, the drink selection is unbelievable plus you can mix flavors store your favorites in the App to make getting refills very easy.

Hey you - the people in the Villas room 367 on the night of May 13, the ones apparently playing a spirited round of bocce ball at 1am and randomly kicking our adjoining wall, so hard that it would shudder....I suspect I know why you didn't answer the door when I knocked, twice and with meaning, at about 1:30, and I'm not sure if the front desk did anything after I called and said you were being excessively noisy. But I'm pretty certain you were still asleep when we all got up at 7am that morning and I hope that the four times my phone played "Let it Go," while leaning up against said wall while my son loudly sang along provided a pleasant wake-up for you.

What is everyone's favorite way to get to HS from the BC? I kind of want to try the boat, but I wonder if its extremely crowded in the morning. I wouldn't mind walking, but don't think the kids would do this plus the park. Did anyone ever check the distance walking from BC to HS on a phone app or fitbit? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter