Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We arrived at the BC yesterday morning around 10:15 am. We stopped at the front desk to check in and pick up a couple of anniversary buttons. We'll be celebrating our 42nd anniversary by having dinner at Artist Point on Tuesday. Our real anniversary is Wednesday, our check out day. :)

The CM found a room with a full balcony that was ready for us to check into. It is located very close to the secret exit to Epcot. We have a great view of the fireworks and we can hear the British Revolution from our balcony.

Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?
I checked out the womens shower yesterday. There are two shower stalls, a sink and a handicapped bathroom in the shower room. They also had a stack of towels in there. It looks like a very nice shower room but it doesn't have any lockers in it. They also of a unisex shower room in addition to the mens shower room. It is completely separate for the regular restrooms, located to the right down a little hallway. I didn't see it at first.

Here are some pictures of the room we are in. I also had my first sunken treasure. We're having a fab time.
Thanks for posting your pictures. It looks like a wonderful room. :)

We had dinner at Captain's Grill and checked out the very tiny gift shop set up in the lobby. We also checked out the new quick service at the YC. It has a rather sparse selection of food. It seems like they are going for the healthy food angle since there was an abundance of granola bars. They have a selection of hot foods that are being kept hot in the display cabinet. There was a most delicious looking cinnamon pecan nut roll that my husband is going to later later in the trip. They have two free style Coke machines. I had an empty water bottle with me so I filled it at the machine. I'll have to go back with the refillable mug. They had the same ice tea dispenser that they have at the BC Marketplace.

We had a nice surprise waiting for us when we got back to our room before dinner. Someone had dropped off a little box of gourmet chocolates as a thank you gift for being a frequent guest at the BC. I thought that was very nice of them. :) We also had a big bottle of Dasani water in the room and the larger toiletries. It is the sea salt fragrance of the H2O products in a 2 oz tube. They didn't have an insect spray but then there hasn't been any rain for weeks (until yesterday).

We are off to day to the annual passholder preview of Pandora at the Animal Kingdom. We're really looking forward to it. :)

Let me know if you want me to check anything out. We were really tired yesterday from our early flight, and haven't had time to "properly" explore yet. :)

Hi. Yes I'll post the room number when we leave. It is a lovely room and I'm glad if the space. Only wish they had more storage!! We've struggled as a family of 4! We called housekeeping and they provided us with extra bedding for the day bed and more clothes hangers. Csnt believe how big the day bed is, I thought it would be smaller, my dd5 loves it. 20170518_163749-756x1008.jpg

thanks for the pictures!!! we are staying in a deluxe room in june, I believe thats what youre in? Which room is that? I love the room! After all my research on these 6 rooms i thought I could have guessed which room youre in but I cant. lol

Hi. Yes I'll post the room number when we leave. It is a lovely room and I'm glad if the space. Only wish they had more storage!! We've struggled as a family of 4! We called housekeeping and they provided us with extra bedding for the day bed and more clothes hangers. Csnt believe how big the day bed is, I thought it would be smaller, my dd5 loves it. View attachment 238126

Our day bed did not look like that! It was a twin size for sure! That looks more like a double.

@Nicnic Deluxe room? Thanks for posting the pictures! My family is staying in a deluxe room this January so it is super helpful to have more pictures of them because they are hard to find.

It is (a sofa bed). Looks like a full sized mattress.

Nicnic - Alex9719 and I think you have a sofa bed. I believe some people are interpreting that as a day bed. Can you tell us which resort (YC or BC) and what type of room? I'm concerned that people are going to look at your photo, and if their room is supposed to have a day bed, they will think it will have what you had. Or better yet, edit your post to explain what type of room you have.

We are going to go to dinner at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs one night (heard good things about it). Any suggestions for getting there? Is it close enough to Disney Springs that we could take the bus there and then walk over to Saratoga Springs? Also, we are staying at the YC this time. We are taking the bus to Disney Springs on a few nights, do we get picked up first and are there a bunch of bus stops after we are picked up?

We are going to go to dinner at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs one night (heard good things about it). Any suggestions for getting there? Is it close enough to Disney Springs that we could take the bus there and then walk over to Saratoga Springs? Also, we are staying at the YC this time. We are taking the bus to Disney Springs on a few nights, do we get picked up first and are there a bunch of bus stops after we are picked up?

I have not done it, but have read you can walk to/from DS from Saratoga. Don't know how long that takes tho. YC does get picked up first & the only stop after that is BC.

The DS bus depot is now at Town Center in the middle of DS. The walkways to SSR are at either end of DS - The West Side or the Marketplace depending on where you want to go.
To the Turf Club you would want the walkway from The Marketplace.
IMO, it is a fair walk from the DS bus depot to The Turf Club in SSR.
I would probably taxi/Uber to SSR for dinner.

Just got back from an amazing stay at the YC! We were upgraded to a water view room and got a renovated one too! The new rooms are so nice, especially the bath areas. I love the barn door that closes off the vanity and bath area from the rest of the room so you can get some more privacy. I'm on the fence about the new floors, I like the look and they seem more sanitary, but boy are they loud. We could hear everything from the room next to us, from regular conversations to people walking around. Throw in some boisterous kids and it can get pretty loud, as it did one night of our trip. Fortunately it was only one night, so we didn't loose too much sleep!

We did have a bath in our room as well, although we would have preferred just a shower. Oh, and the pocket door to the bathroom is so much better than the old setup. It was such a pain to try to close those doors before!

I'll post pictures once I figure out where my camera is packed and wake up from a much needed nap!
I think the no-carpet look is not going to work on most levels. Contact guest services and let them know your concerns. A loud guest room is not conducive to a relaxing stay.

Hi. Yes I'll post the room number when we leave. It is a lovely room and I'm glad if the space. Only wish they had more storage!! We've struggled as a family of 4! We called housekeeping and they provided us with extra bedding for the day bed and more clothes hangers. Csnt believe how big the day bed is, I thought it would be smaller, my dd5 loves it. View attachment 238126

Love this room. I showed it to my daughter who will be sleeping on either the sofa bed or day bed or whatever. That balcony also looked really large. Awesome.

I learned a few things from our bus driver on the way to MK. One of the reasons that the buses arrive late is that the construction vehicles at the YC are blocking the bus entrances. Today it took awhile to get the trucks out of the way of the park buses. And then two MK buses arrived at the same time.

I took a few pictures yesterday morning while waiting for the AK bus. The construction is right behind the BC bus stop. They are enlarging the convention center. They are not building a parking garage. The bus driver told us that resort parking was very limited and only resort guests and people with confirmed dining reservations could park in the resort lots. People who want to park so that they can visit resort guests have to park in the overflow lot.

IMG_3334_zpsynzxkwnz.jpg

I took these two pictures while we were waiting at the BC bus stop. I wanted to show people how far the standard view rooms were from the parking lot and bus stop.

IMG_3335_zpsxld5urit.jpg

IMG_3336_zpssevbco8d.jpg

And these are the new toiletries. We had a garden view/woods view room.

IMG_3326_zpsajjvnyqa.jpg

These are two ounce bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion.

We also have been receiving a one liter bottle of Dasani water every day. It is a really nice addition to the resort amenities. We haven't asked for it, either, but I have been careful to stow each new bottle in the frig. ;)

We had a great time at the Pandora annual passholder preview yesterday and had a Dis meet with Ariane and her husband. We had a delicious lunch at the new counter service restaurant and a very colorful dessert.

IMG_3339_zpsi8sjg60c.jpg

It is a blueberry cheesecake with a lemon something on tops, a slice of white chocolate and some sort of white candy dollop on top. The sauce might be raspberry. It was good.

488d3a8f-2548-47c6-ab2e-b6d5d53c3315_zps4gmpxizl.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter