Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I stayed at Beach Club last month and was surprised to have a ceiling fan in my room, so not all of them have been removed.

I was in room 1598, first floor garden view. It is a king room, good for 1-2 people not a whole family. I thought the room location was great, it was quiet, next to an "emergency" exit (people came and went through this exit without setting off any alarm), convenient to the marketplace and not far from the lobby. However the patio was just sad- a small pad of brick pavers with a tiny table and 1 chair, no railing at all and if you pulled the chair back to sit down it went off the little brick area. I was there for the RunDisney races and my top requests were a quiet room with a tub (a must for post run epsom salt soaks :) ) so the patio and the view didn't matter to me at all. I forgot to take pictures but one window looked out at part of the BCV and the other looked out over the sidewalk to bushes.

Housekeeping was just okay. The room was cleaned daily but never properly dusted. There was no bug repellant that I saw. There was fresh bottle of Dasani every day, on check in there was also a partially used bottle which I threw away.

Here and as others have posted, MK buses have been a bear. The showers are available, but lockers still within the pool area. Wish they would have copied Boardwalk's set up. :confused3

I stayed at Beach Club last month and was surprised to have a ceiling fan in my room, so not all of them have been removed.

The guest rooms at the Beach Club still have ceiling fans; however, the ceiling fans at the Yacht Club are being removed and replaced by light fixtures, as the rooms are refurbed.

We are finally here. Landed at 2pm and at the BC by 4pm . Check-in was quick and we have the most wonderful huge room with a large double day bed and long full balcony. I will try and post pictures when I can. In spot now having tea at rose and crown. Already been on nemo and soarin. X

The following override directions were posted on another board:

Perhaps someone currently staying at the YC, or someone who has an upcoming visit, can try the instructions and report back.

The AC motion sensors are devices designed to save energy and expense. I would think the same can be said for the ceiling fans. The refurbed rooms at the BC have ceiling fans.

We read this while we were at YC last week, and it didn't work on these particular thermostats. There isn't an override for the motion detection which is the issue.
While we had all kind of issues with the a/c, one constant was the motion detector working just fine.

we were fine with the temp, but ours was working. A manager told me that ceilings fans are not a "Florida" thing and so they were removed.

Honestly, the one thing that actually did bother me was a green light in the fire detector. it reflected off the mickey boat glass frame on the wall next to the bed and created a green night light right over my head. Kept me up two different nights.

That manager is a lying liar who lies! Ceiling fans are a thing in the whole state of Florida and along the entire Gulf Coast. I broke into a sweat just thinking about the lack of air movement :scared:

I'm so bummed at the reports of the noise and the a/c issues in the new YC rooms. We love the YC but I can't imagine sleeping in Florida in June without a/c.

We were there a few weeks ago, it was 95 during the day, 70 at night. We had no issues at all with the AC or noise. We actually had to open the balcony door because it was 2 cold for DBF.

I'll definitely be interested to see what people think this summer. Hopefully it won't be too bad as we love the YC.

Popping in to say hi :wave2:

I've been away from the boards for a while and since we decided to skip Disney this year (first time since 2009), I couldn't bring myself to pop in :sad1:. Silly really, when it was my decision to skip this year.... well, cost, really made the decision easy. So sad when it was cheaper for us to go to an all-inclusive out of the country vs. a week in Disney. But, all is not lost - we're heading to Jamaica next month for celebratory birthdays and like I tell my girls...there's always next year. One was okay with it, the other is not happy at all but since we're paying....I'm sure she'll get over it!

Dee.... so sad to read about Debbie's passing - prayers to all!

In the meantime... do I have a lot of catching up to do - looking forward to reading about everyone's trips - LOVE LOVE my YC & BC!!

I think it all comes down to whether it works properly in your room. DH, who is always hot and freezes me at home didn't have any complaints the entire time. I actually wanted to open the balcony door and DS said he was cold numerous times.

I think it all comes down to whether it works properly in your room. DH, who is always hot and freezes me at home didn't have any complaints the entire time. I actually wanted to open the balcony door and DS said he was cold numerous times.
That is my DH too and I am secretly happy there is no longer an overhead fan to freeze me too death. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter