Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for the info....but that is not good! I don't know how I am going to figure out a fan but I may need to. Especially sleeping we like it to be cool.
We use a small round collapsible fan that stores away nicely. It uses either regular plug-in or USB port. I believe it was only around $10 at Walmart. Its been a great investment.

Ok will grab a small fan. Also wrote DSS and they said housekeeping will give us a box fan if we would like one. So I will be asking for that at check in! Lol. Ok, not as good as a ceiling fan or control over thermostat, but I feel better.

Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?

We just got back last night from our first Beach Club stay & think we're hooked. It's a great resort & hope to be back there next time.

What we loved:
1) being able to walk to Epcot & take a boat to Hollywood studios was so much nicer than the buses.
2) having great views of Epcot & Hollywood Studios fireworks right from resort property (bridge to Boardwalk for Illuminations & sitting on a swing on the beach for HS).
3) Stormalong Bay was awesome...we spent every afternoon there & really enjoyed it.
4) the overall look & feel of the resort was lovely...really quaint & relaxing
5) CM's were all very nice & friendly (our balcony overlooked the back courtyard & one day it rained really hard for a while. We sat on the balcony watching people running back & a friendly CM was opening the doors for guests & offering them fresh towels to dry off).

Our only very minor complaints:
1) lack of counter service options. We did use CS credits at Market Place (breakfast & lunch) and Boardwalk Bakery and everything was good, but not a lot of options. Tried to eat at Hurricane Hannah's twice & both times they were closed. Once it was too late (they stop serving food at 8:00 I believe) and once there was an issue with equipment being down.

2) Bus service to Magic Kingdom in the morning wasn't great. Our first MK day we got there at 8:20 & the board said a bus would be there at 8:34. It didn't get there until 8:50 & by then it was packed & 1/2 the people had to wait for another bus. We didn't get to MK until after rope drop (not a big deal for us though). I thought it was maybe just a fluke but a few days later the same thing happened.

FYI about trading a drink for a snack at Market Place...I thought you could still do it at the resorts. One morning we got 2 bounty platters & instead of drinks we got a coffee cake & a cinnamon roll. They allowed us to do it, but said that they weren't supposed to & not to expect it next time. We never tried it again so I'm not sure if we just had a particularly rule following CM but I would maybe ask first. We were allowed to trade a CS for 3 snacks there with no problems.

Question about the showers by SAB. I'm hoping to swim for a bit on check out day, then shower before heading over to Disney springs for an early dinner. Is it like a locker room? Are their lockers/locks to put your stuff while showering?

Nope, no lockers - from left to right - sink, baby changing area, entrance door, bench, shower, shower, basket for dirty towels, shower and back to sink. There are hooks for towels/clothes outside shower.

I just put all our stuff on the bench next to the shower. Luckily we were the only ones there so we had a place to put our stuff because there was A LOT of water all over the floor. Unfortunately you cannot put anything on the floor. Hopefully they'll install more shelves or hooks.

I just took shampoo and change of clothes into shower so I wasn't worried with belongings safety.

Ok will grab a small fan. Also wrote DSS and they said housekeeping will give us a box fan if we would like one. So I will be asking for that at check in! Lol. Ok, not as good as a ceiling fan or control over thermostat, but I feel better.
THAT'S good news. I'll hit them up when we arrive, too!

JennLTX, when do you go? Will you post back and let me know if you have any problems getting a fan? Wonder about how many they might have and if getting one is ever an issue. Although to be honest I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read these boards so guessing not a lot of people would think to.

Dnw25 thanks for the info! It helps to know how we will work things. Will plan to alternate showers, maybe have the boys wait with the valuables (phones, etc), while girls shower, then reverse.

JennLTX, when do you go? Will you post back and let me know if you have any problems getting a fan? Wonder about how many they might have and if getting one is ever an issue. Although to be honest I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read these boards so guessing not a lot of people would think to.

Dnw25 thanks for the info! It helps to know how we will work things. Will plan to alternate showers, maybe have the boys wait with the valuables (phones, etc), while girls shower, then reverse.
Totally get it. I had my 3 year old and just like they tell you on the plane....take care of yourself and then them. I got dressed first while he took in the spray shower.

grabbed 4 towels for the two of us but could have used more to put down on the puddles outside the shower.

Was surprised how many people left their phones 100% unprotected on beach chairs at the pool. We always leave ours locked in the room safe but we're paranoid downtown dwellers.

we were fine with the temp, but ours was working. A manager told me that ceilings fans are not a "Florida" thing and so they were removed...
:rotfl2: I don't know that I would have been able to prevent myself from laughing out loud at that, who has a fan in Florida? Madness!!

True. When we were there a few weeks ago it seemed to be better.
Only sometimes. Without fail the time would repeatedly change during the wait. Buses were hit or miss the entire week. MK a.m. seemed particularly bad. We had at least 3 mornings with over 40 min wait for buses - 2 to mk and one to AK.

From MK to YC, twice my DS and I beat DH by taking the monorail and walking through Epcot over taking the bus back.

:rotfl2: I don't know that I would have been able to prevent myself from laughing out loud at that, who has a fan in Florida? Madness!!
She gave me a long drawn out explanation too. Paraphrasing - She was from MN and we're from Midwest too where everyone has ceiling fans in every room but moved to FL and NO ONE has ceiling fans. No homes have them, really rare to find them, most resorts don't have them, etc. I went along with it.

We don't have fans in our place...

A couple nights ago the fam decided they want to try Beaches & Cream for lunch- a week after our ADR window opened. Didn't find availability (obviously, I should have known from y'all that it was a hard to get ADR, where was my head at?), DSS didn't find availability, then low and behold I found a perfectly timed lunch ADR this morning for all of us! I feel like our BC experience will be much more complete now!

A couple nights ago the fam decided they want to try Beaches & Cream for lunch- a week after our ADR window opened. Didn't find availability (obviously, I should have known from y'all that it was a hard to get ADR, where was my head at?), DSS didn't find availability, then low and behold I found a perfectly timed lunch ADR this morning for all of us! I feel like our BC experience will be much more complete now!

We were able to walk up a few weeks ago with a 5 minute wait. It was awesome

I'm on it!!! :-) FWIW, our room is CL, so not sure if that will play a role in the "availability" of the fans, but I'll report back no matter what!

True. When we were there a few weeks ago it seemed to be better.
Yeah, it's sometimes hard for them to know if they will be delayed - depends on the stops ahead of you, and if there are multiple scooters and strollers, etc. At least they update the boards, or did when I was there last time, so you don't jump up every time another bus appears at the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter