Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

we were fine with the temp, but ours was working. A manager told me that ceilings fans are not a "Florida" thing and so they were removed.

Honestly, the one thing that actually did bother me was a green light in the fire detector. it reflected off the mickey boat glass frame on the wall next to the bed and created a green night light right over my head. Kept me up two different nights.

Thanks for the info....but that is not good! I don't know how I am going to figure out a fan but I may need to. Especially sleeping we like it to be cool.
Amazon search "mini fan 3 speed with usb charging". There is one for $10. I cant remember the brand name we got cause its at work, but its like one of the first that comes up on the screen. It creates a nice breeze, some white noise. Use it with a balloon and you should be all set. It weighs little to nothing and is hand held size.

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post my question. But here goes~~we rented DVC points for our first stay at the Beach club:yay::love:

. I read that if you stay under a certain amt of days you won't get towel service thus meaning no toiletries. I know you can buy them at the gift shop but i hoping to get the travel size in our room.
Will there even be some when we check into the room?:confused3

we got fresh towels everyday and toiletries when we stay at POFQ (we'll be staying there at the end of our week0:goodvibes

Thanks so much for any help:thanks:

Liz:thumbsup2
also we arrive around 1pm what do people usually do on arrival day? I know my Daughter wants to go to MK that night. Would enjoying the pool and a late lunch at Beaches and cream sound like a plan? We have the other 6 days planned for a day at each park. I really want to enjoy the pool weather permitting.:santa:

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post my question. But here goes~~we rented DVC points for our first stay at the Beach club:yay::love:

. I read that if you stay under a certain amt of days you won't get towel service thus meaning no toiletries. I know you can buy them at the gift shop but i hoping to get the travel size in our room.
Will there even be some when we check into the room?:confused3

we got fresh towels everyday and toiletries when we stay at POFQ (we'll be staying there at the end of our week0:goodvibes

Thanks so much for any help:thanks:

Liz:thumbsup2
also we arrive around 1pm what do people usually do on arrival day? I know my Daughter wants to go to MK that night. Would enjoying the pool and a late lunch at Beaches and cream sound like a plan? We have the other 6 days planned for a day at each park. I really want to enjoy the pool weather permitting.:santa:

Welcome! You will get a set of toiletries when you check in to your room. Bath soap, facial soap, lotion, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner [All h2o products]. If you are staying 4 nights you will get restocked on day 4. As an example, if you check in on Thursday, you will be restocked on Sunday. In addition to the toiletries they will give you 2 more coffee packets, empty the trash and replenish your towels/face cloths.

We usually hang by the pool if our room is not ready and if by chance it is, we still hang by the pool and then walk to Epcot around 4:00 or 5:00 PM
Have fun and if you have any other questions, fire away!

Last edited:

Welcome! You will get a set of toiletries when you check in to you room. Bath soap, facial soap, lotion, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner [All h2o products]. If you are staying 4 nights you will get restocked on day 4. As an example, if you check in on Thursday, you will be restocked on Sunday. In addition to the toiletries they will give you 2 more coffee packets, empty the trash and replenish your towels/face cloths.

We usually hang by the pool if our room is not ready and if by chance it is, we still hang by the pool and then walk to Epcot around 4:00 or 5:00 PM

Thank you:love:We're only staying 3 nights~~:flower: at least we'll get some LOL. Thanks again for your help.

Welcome! You will get a set of toiletries when you check in to your room. Bath soap, facial soap, lotion, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner [All h2o products]. If you are staying 4 nights you will get restocked on day 4. As an example, if you check in on Thursday, you will be restocked on Sunday. In addition to the toiletries they will give you 2 more coffee packets, empty the trash and replenish your towels/face cloths.

What scent are the h2o toiletries?

I am not thrilled with the decor and layout of the new Market at Ale & Compass. The name of the resort is Disney's Yacht Club. IMHO, some of the weathered-finish fixtures look more like they came from a shipwreck, and the seating looks like it came from a Navy mess hall. The decor certainly does not convey the upscale image I would think Disney would want to project for this Deluxe, mostly adult and convention-oriented property.

Navy Mess Hall (Ward Room)
wardroom.jpg

The-Market-at-Ale-and-Compass_Full_30243.jpg;width=300;height=200;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true
The-Market-at-Ale-and-Compass_Full_30241.jpg;width=300;height=200;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

Market at Ale & Compass

I saw more pictures posted on another website, too. I'm thinking that the space is not entirely complete yet. There is virtually no artwork of any kind on the walls. Perhaps they have stuff "on order," but wanted to get the place open for business because it is such an essential part of the resort. I think I'm going to reserve judgment on this one for awhile. Right now it does look very utilitarian.

For those who have stayed in a newly renovated room at the YC, did you find the temp in the room comfortable? I was just reading another post that said the ceiling fans are now gone and the AC won't go below a certain level. I'm especially bummed about the fan because I am one who likes my room cool and like air is circulating. I hate when a room gets stuffy! I'm especially worried because we will be there in July and I'm already scared of the heat! Lol

We found the new AC systems to be just ok. It was in the uppper 90s last week when we were there, but not super humid, so it was good enough, but on Saturday, even though it was cooler, it was much more humid, and that was the one day the room just felt too hot and sticky. It would be nice if you could lower the temp below 68!

Our room did have a busted door to the balcony (not sure why they didn't fix that with the room renovation) so there was always a small gap letting outside air in, which I'm sure made the room feel worse than others.

Room 5163?

I think that one is considered waterview. Unless there is another room without a balcony that I don't know about.

:goodvibes
Man, you are good Dee. Just looked at our folio and it was indeed 5163. And yes, a crane and look to the left you saw the water. Straight out, it was the gazebo.

It was awesome to be down the little hall. So quiet and no one ever walking by. The no balcony was a wee bit claustrophobic, but thankfully we had the lounge. Really couldn't beat the quick and quiet location.

The a/c in our room was not working properly,blowing insanely cold, blowing hot air, not running at all, and leaking water profusely. However, all new rooms have a moton detection feature built into the actual box. It turns off when no movement is detected. Regardless of what temp is set, or if it has reached desired temp. When you return to the room, and are moving around it comes back on. Does NOT run while sleeping. Turns off within a half hour of no movement. "Tossing and turning" will not activate it. The lowest temp is 68. IMO you'd be hard pressed for it to get there if you weren't constantly in your room. No ceiling fans. As per management "that would create constant movement" and render the efficacy of the motion feature useless.
We will bring a small portable fan or three next time we visit. Not having any air moving was uncomfortable for us.
Ugh, I can't imagine no air at night while sleeping, in the heat of summer, and humidity. I always kept ceiling fan on low setting at night. We are comfortable with a 70 temp but need fan. How do they expect people to sleep in 90+ with no AC???

The following override directions were posted on another board:

Hold down botton and On/off (BP diplays on screen) hit on/off again to turn system back on and set temp.

Perhaps someone currently staying at the YC, or someone who has an upcoming visit, can try the instructions and report back.

The AC motion sensors are devices designed to save energy and expense. I would think the same can be said for the ceiling fans. The refurbed rooms at the BC have ceiling fans.

I saw more pictures posted on another website, too. I'm thinking that the space is not entirely complete yet. There is virtually no artwork of any kind on the walls. Perhaps they have stuff "on order," but wanted to get the place open for business because it is such an essential part of the resort. I think I'm going to reserve judgment on this one for awhile. Right now it does look very utilitarian.
Hopefully, the current set-up is not the finished setting. Though, looking at the architectural rendering, the seating looks very much what is currently in place.

fullsizerender17-e1488920737606.jpg
dropdown-calendar.gif

There is no "BC Transportation Schedule". The buses do not run on a set schedule, but rather they are dispatched as needed, by a central dispatch area. In general they run about every 20 minutes. But again, not on a schedule you can plan on ahead of time.

That's interesting. I thought they'd have a schedule like pick up on the half hour, etc. So, it sounds like we just wait and in about 20 min or so a bus will show up. No problem, glad I asked!

That's interesting. I thought they'd have a schedule like pick up on the half hour, etc. So, it sounds like we just wait and in about 20 min or so a bus will show up. No problem, glad I asked!

When you go to the bus stop there is a tv screen with the estimated time the bus will come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter