Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I live in a major NE city. There have been multiple sexual assault allegations against Uber drivers on single females at night. This is not true of taxi drivers. That plus Uber's shady business practices leads me to feel I will never use them.
Yikes, I'd stay away too in that instance! But, night in a major NE city is not what I'm looking at, just WDW. I feel safer in a rideshare, you feel safer/happier in a taxi- that's what makes a market!

Stormalong Bay Q! What are the Bubbling Bay and the Whirling Waters sections of the pool? Does the whirling water push you around in a circle or something, because that kinda makes sense... I don't know where to start with what bubbling bay could be.

You are correct about the Whirling Waters- however last I knew, the feature was not working. I forgot to check during my trip in October!

Not sure what the Bubbling Bay is or why/if it is special.

:fish:

Wanted to add one more update to my report from this past week regarding the construction. We were on the 4th floor overlooking Stormalong Bay, and it was noticeable they were still working on the 3rd floor, but it wasn't so loud that we couldn't stand being in the room for most of our stay. On our first day it sounding like they were downstairs down the hall a ways so it was just a buzzing noise with the occasional bang. By the third day it sounded like they were directly below our room and it was pretty noisy, and they did start around 7am, not 9 like posted, but we just left the room for the day and the following day it was much quieter again.

We did accidentally stumble out onto the 3rd floor while taking the wrong staircase once, and the area we came out on is still a full on construction zone, didn't look like it would be complete anytime soon. Although we notice looking into some of the 3rd floor windows on other wings they look much further along.

Stormalong Bay Q! What are the Bubbling Bay and the Whirling Waters sections of the pool? Does the whirling water push you around in a circle or something, because that kinda makes sense... I don't know where to start with what bubbling bay could be.

The whirling waters is a small whirlpool area near the Beach Club, it's not very big & you can't take tubes or anything in there. The bubbling Bay Area has gentle bubbles coming up from the bottom of the pool in 2 or 3 spots. It is in the area between where the slide lets out & the building that used to house the gift shop which is now closed. The bubbling area has hardly ever been working in the last several years. The whirlpool wasn't working last week either.

Does the store still carry the Vineyard Vines line of clothing? Thanks

We didn't see any Vineyard Vines while we were there in August. My boys are huge fans.

Where is the new Market located? From the pictures, it looks like the retail shop location, Fittings & Fares.

Can confirm they are available at Beach Club Marketplace:
Mickey Waffles with Bacon $7.99

They also have a kid's Mickey Waffles breakfast:
Mickey Waffles served with Bacon or Sausage and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water $5.99

Yeah! I was hoping these would be there!!

I am not thrilled with the decor and layout of the new Market at Ale & Compass. The name of the resort is Disney's Yacht Club. IMHO, some of the weathered-finish fixtures look more like they came from a shipwreck, and the seating looks like it came from a Navy mess hall. The decor certainly does not convey the upscale image I would think Disney would want to project for this Deluxe, mostly adult and convention-oriented property.

Navy Mess Hall (Ward Room)
wardroom.jpg

The-Market-at-Ale-and-Compass_Full_30243.jpg;width=300;height=200;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true
The-Market-at-Ale-and-Compass_Full_30241.jpg;width=300;height=200;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

Market at Ale & Compass

Last edited:
quick question about the threads.... is there anyway to go back and see my own posts on my profile? i asked a question, got good answers and now can't find it....

(pls tell me i do not have to go back and ready 890 pages.... again!!!)

quick question about the threads.... is there anyway to go back and see my own posts on my profile? i asked a question, got good answers and now can't find it....

Click on your User Name, then you will get a list of options. Select "Your Content". This will list all Threads that you have participated in, either initiated or responded to. It starts with the most recent. It's easier to manage than going through 890 pages.

Click on your User Name, then you will get a list of options. Select "Your Content". This will list all Threads that you have participated in, either initiated or responded to. It starts with the most recent. It's easier to manage than going through 890 pages.

I have to go and search for my last post quite often so I know where to start reading and responding. I had never tried that before ^^^

Much quicker than what I typically do: I use the search box up in the top right and enter my user name and "search this thread only". If I am looking for something specific, I will include that in the top line.

:thumbsup2

Don't you wish that the days you get to be at WDW went as slowly as the days BEFORE your vacation? One of those mysteries of time and the universe!!!;)

I so do! These days are just dragging by! You would think between wrapping up the school year and getting ready to leave the days would be just flying by, but they are going by slower than ever!

The whirling waters is a small whirlpool area near the Beach Club, it's not very big & you can't take tubes or anything in there. The bubbling Bay Area has gentle bubbles coming up from the bottom of the pool in 2 or 3 spots. It is in the area between where the slide lets out & the building that used to house the gift shop which is now closed. The bubbling area has hardly ever been working in the last several years. The whirlpool wasn't working last week either.
I would manage to pick out the 2 features of SAB that rarely work! :rolleyes2

Market at Ale & Compass menu is now posted on Disney's website. There are quite a few kids' meals available. No prices are listed, though, as of today. The menu is clearly incomplete, since no adult cold sandwiches shown in the refrigerator cases are listed, nor other items, such as fresh bakery.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/menus/breakfast/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...le-and-compass-market/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

Oops...where's the chicken?
Grilled Chicken Panini
Basil Pesto, Fresh Mozzarella, Oven Roasted Tomatoes on a Baguette

Last edited:
Is there any suggestion that they will be changing the BC coffee makers to Keurigs? I know some other resorts have switched over and was wondering if it was planned to be a company wide switch or just the luck of the draw. We love our coffee in the morning and like to brew our own in the room. We'll buy extra to have with us, K-cups are just more convenient since we have a Keurig at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter