Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Bummer, I was hoping to freeze water to keep us cool in May/June when we are there. It sounds like there isn't much of a freezer. The fridge door is closed, so it's hard to tell.

Yes the BCV Studios ( not really an "efficiency") refrigerators have little to no freezer space. It seems like as they are replacing the small fridges the new ones do not have a freezer compartment.

Is there an ice machine conveniently available at BCV?

Yes there are ice vending machines available in the Villas

Just got back from an amazing stay at the YC! We were upgraded to a water view room and got a renovated one too! The new rooms are so nice, especially the bath areas. I love the barn door that closes off the vanity and bath area from the rest of the room so you can get some more privacy. I'm on the fence about the new floors, I like the look and they seem more sanitary, but boy are they loud. We could hear everything from the room next to us, from regular conversations to people walking around. Throw in some boisterous kids and it can get pretty loud, as it did one night of our trip. Fortunately it was only one night, so we didn't loose too much sleep!

We did have a bath in our room as well, although we would have preferred just a shower. Oh, and the pocket door to the bathroom is so much better than the old setup. It was such a pain to try to close those doors before!

I'll post pictures once I figure out where my camera is packed and wake up from a much needed nap!

Happy Mothers Day to all the DisMoms from a DisDad!

I know we don't always say it enough but thank you for putting up with our craziness and being our better halves. You are appreciated. That goes double for all those Moms that aren't Disney crazy and can't figure out why their usually quiet and insular husbands start crying as soon as they step foot on Main Street or see the globe float out into World Showcase Lagoon.

Hi there,
We ate at Captain's Grill on Tuesday. Our waitress told us it was closing on May 24 and would then be relocated to Aerials at the Beach Club. She also said it was going to be completely renovated, expanded, and that the kitchen was going to have a wood burning pizza oven also. She said the theming would be completely different. It would not reopen until later in the fall.
Now, you can certainly take that for what it's worth, I am sure they will be conflicting information elsewhere!

Have several pictures of the new Fittings and Fairings shop that was relocated to the lobby. For some reason I'm having trouble posting everything!
Thanks for the update about Captain's Grill. We will be there from May 19th to 24th and we were hoping to eat there. We like the breakfast buffet. :)

natebenma, yes, the breakfast buffet was still there at Captain's Grille.

This might be old news, but I don't remember seeing it before. I noticed a new entrance to SAB right near the hot tub. Has this been here for a while? Are the other entrances closed and this is the only one? I was only visiting the Y&B for the morning and it was too early for it to be manned by a CM, so I don't know how it is being used, if at all:
IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG

Wanted to post some pictures of our room for the past few days along with the great view!

Love the new decor. The headboards are padded so super comfy to lean against.

DSC02933_zps6bwnje5i.jpg

Our room had the bath tub, the sliding doors were nice as was the pocket door to get into the bathroom (you can see it in this picture on the left)
DSC02932_zpsfjimdjhg.jpg

Then there was the view...wow! This is looking straight out of our room. We could see the fireworks at night!
DSC02938_zpsx1ybnzcn.jpg

Even prettier in the morning!
IMAG3771_zpszti6mrzw.jpg

DSC02933_zps6bwnje5i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

One more thing!

A few weeks ago I asked you all if you had any experience with upgrading tickets purchased through the "magical deal". I wanted to upgrade a Park Hopper to an AP, and I received mixed reviews about whether I could or couldn't. I promised to report back....
I went to Guest Services at the International Gateway the day of our arrival, and asked the CM about upgrading it. All I did was scan the magic band, he saw the ticket, upgraded it with no questions or problems at all, I paid the difference, he linked it to the MDE account for us, and that was it, it took about two minutes....so easy! So, the answer is, YES it can be done, and quite easily as a mater of fact! :goodvibes

Anyone staying there right now who might take a picture of the Yacht Club's new counter service menu and offerings? I am so curious as to what they will serve. After all, I will be there in early August and must plan all of my meals out..:joker:

One more thing!

A few weeks ago I asked you all if you had any experience with upgrading tickets purchased through the "magical deal". I wanted to upgrade a Park Hopper to an AP, and I received mixed reviews about whether I could or couldn't. I promised to report back....
I went to Guest Services at the International Gateway the day of our arrival, and asked the CM about upgrading it. All I did was scan the magic band, he saw the ticket, upgraded it with no questions or problems at all, I paid the difference, he linked it to the MDE account for us, and that was it, it took about two minutes....so easy! So, the answer is, YES it can be done, and quite easily as a mater of fact! :goodvibes

Interesting - so what "difference" did you pay to upgrade? The difference between gate value of your tix and AP?

How easy is it to get transport from BC to CR for a Sunday Brunch date? We found an ADR at the Cali Grill for our Sunday half way through our vacation. After reading reports on that one and Narcoosees we chose Cali Grill. We are hoping to allow an hour for transport over. Would the bus from the resort to MK be our best bet or the monorail after walking through Epcot? Our dining time is 10:55am. We are leaving DS behind at the resort ( he's nearly 18) and treating it as a date brunch.

How easy is it to get transport from BC to CR for a Sunday Brunch date? We found an ADR at the Cali Grill for our Sunday half way through our vacation. After reading reports on that one and Narcoosees we chose Cali Grill. We are hoping to allow an hour for transport over. Would the bus from the resort to MK be our best bet or the monorail after walking through Epcot? Our dining time is 10:55am. We are leaving DS behind at the resort ( he's nearly 18) and treating it as a date brunch.

Using Disney transportation, bus to MK and then walk to CR is your best option. The monorail option after walking through Epcot also involves a transfer at TTC which will add time. Taxi or Uber are also an option.

Using Disney transportation, bus to MK and then walk to CR is your best option. The monorail option after walking through Epcot also involves a transfer at TTC which will add time. Taxi or Uber are also an option.
Thanks for this, it's what I thought too. While the walk isn't far it can still be humid so I will have to bear that in mind.

Have you thought about Uber? I was skeptical about it but my 20-something kids use it all the time. Last week, we stayed at POR and used it for our resort to resort trips. It was so quick, easy, efficient and inexpensive that I will never use a taxi or Disney transport again for those types of trips. We always use busses/boats to the parks, but resort-resort can be time-consuming. We used Uber 7 times, and spent a grand total of $50, including tips. In the past, we had used taxi service from BC to the Poly or CR and spent about $18-20 for a taxi with tip. BC to CR will probably cost you between 6-8 dollars, depending on the time of day. it is door-to-door service, and all of our drivers were friendly and excellent. There were lots of people using it, and as a matter of fact, we used Uber from the BC to POR and there were at least 2 other families with cars that showed up at the same time.

If time is an issue, I would highly suggest it.

If Uber isn't for you, I would do the bus to MK then just walk to the CR. BUT, I also love walking through Epcot, so if you have the time and isn't 100 degrees, that would be nice, too!

I have heard great things about the California Grill brunch, have fun!

Honestly, I think you got really lucky pixiedust:OR you had different tickets. I went back and looked, and my quote from them (and I *think* we are talking the same agency) clearly stated that the tickets cannot be upgraded because they are convention tickets. Now, I have read on the ticket sticky that you technically can upgrade convention tickets but you have to pay the difference between the cost of the convention ticket and the gate price and THEN whatever upgrade charge. I also know from experience and have read that CMs who deal with ticket upgrades are not consistent in how they handle things. So, I think you may have benefited from this inconsistency! I am happy it worked out for you! :flower1:

page 878-879

Thanks for letting us know. I'll make the adjustment to the BOG list.

Have a fantastic trip!

::yes::

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Thanks for posting this info. I didn't know that. I'll add a little blurb to the "Other Useful Info" post on Page 1.

:thumbsup2

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:
Thirteen days :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!