Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, I was curious if the daybed request is done online in MDE? Was your room a Standard View room? We are going in a month! Can't wait to see it. Thanks for the information about the refillable drink station difference in Boardwalk and BC. The Boardwalk is on my list of places I'd like to stay and nice to know something about it!

We actually booked our vacation through Dreams Unlimited and our agent added the request to our reservation. We were in a Garden view room so could see some greenery, walking paths, and the Beach Club Villas.

And as far as the Boardwalk goes, another awesome thing about BC is that it's a VERY short walk away. We spent a couple of evenings over on the Boardwalk enjoying Ample Hills creamery ice cream and the buskers. After spending two vacations in the Epcot resort area I don't know if I'd want to book anywhere else!

The laundry room only accepts credit cards- no cash, no MBs. :)
On our last YC visit I discovered this the hard way. I'd brought a roll of quarters with us, SO proud of myself, and then... CREDIT CARDS. :eek:

Mind you, credit cards are far more portable than a roll of quarters, and I'm okay with that, but I might have felt just a little silly when the CM working the window at Fittings & Farings saw me walk by for the fourth time in less than 15 minutes... :o

Based on the pictures on this page, and a chat with a CM when we stopped by BC this weekend (more on that in a post soon!), I see that the bed runners at BC have been permanently removed. I have to say that this really disappoints me. They really tied the room together, and since Disney deluxes seem to be going the route of "Less is More," removing the bed runners really makes the room feel undone, or not completed.
Sigh....
Just saying....

Based on the pictures on this page, and a chat with a CM when we stopped by BC this weekend (more on that in a post soon!), I see that the bed runners at BC have been permanently removed. I have to say that this really disappoints me. They really tied the room together, and since Disney deluxes seem to be going the route of "Less is More," removing the bed runners really makes the room feel undone, or not completed.
Sigh....
Just saying....
If they were to discontinue anything, I wish they would have instead discontinued the bolsters and throw pillows placed against the bed pillows. The concept has always given me an uneasy feeling, having the probably never cleaned/laundered bolsters and cushions placed against the nice clean pillow cases.

You never know where those bolsters and throw pillows may have been. :eek:

The bed looks terrible, like it's only half made. What is the point of that? Cleaning issues/costs?

My guess is people are stealing them. They are thin and fold up small...easy to take home to remind people of their stay. I can't think of any other reason why they are suddenly removing them.

Hello, is there a fence around the Stormalong Bay area? Is it locked and need a band to access? Will we need to wear our magic bands to get in?

We'll follow the pool rules, of course, just curious though how the pool area security is and necessity of bands. No issues with the bands working after being in the water, right? I cannot remember at all what we did as far as bands and the pool go when we were at WL a couple years ago.

In quiet season in the late afternoon they don't check them at all sometimes. In Nov/Dec, they never had anyone at the gate - In the mornings they let you in, then come around later to scan bands, and hand out paper wristbands.

More laundry questions. :laundy:

Where are they located in YC? What is the going rate for a washer? A dryer? Do they have laundry powder for purchase or should I bring my own?

More laundry questions. :laundy:

Where are they located in YC? What is the going rate for a washer? A dryer? Do they have laundry powder for purchase or should I bring my own?

From Post 5 of this Thread:

Laundry Information :laundy:

Self-service laundry rooms are located near the BC quiet pool and in between BC rooms 1530 and 1532. There is a laundry room near the YC quiet pool and another small laundry room may be found on the first floor of the YC, near the side exit (wedding gazebo side). There are washers and dryers in the BCV 1 and 2 BR villas, and there is a laundry room available for DVC members in the building.

The machines are HE (High Efficiency) so if you have regular detergent you only use 1/4 of the amount needed for normal washers. Signs in the laundry room say 2 Tablespoons of detergent. Tide Pods work fine in these machines. Detergent may be purchased in the laundry room or in the BC Marketplace.

Disney Resort Laundry View

This website will tell you how many washers and dryers are available so you don't have to make a trip down there unless there is availability. You may also monitor where in the cycle your laundry is through your phone by scanning the QR code from the machine with your phone. You can also set up to receive alerts by text to notify you when the wash is done.

The washers and dryers and detergent dispensers use credit or debit cards for payment. Coins/Cash are no longer accepted methods of payment.

$3.00 per wash load and $3.00 per load for the dryer.

Live from the BCVs a quick update on the SAB shower construction. it is in the final phases of construction and per the CM manning the gates will be turned over within a week pending final inspection. If you're familiar with the restrooms that are adjacent to the pool and next to the arcade, the entrance to the showers is on the right as you enter the foyer area. There are 3 areas/doors; ladies, men's, and the assistance needed one. I took some pictures which I'll post when I get home next week. Off for some pool time now after a morning at MK.

If they were to discontinue anything, I wish they would have instead discontinued the bolsters and throw pillows placed against the bed pillows. The concept has always given me an uneasy feeling, having the probably never cleaned/laundered bolsters and cushions placed against the nice clean pillow cases.

You never know where those bolsters and throw pillows may have been. :eek:

Yes, and people just chuck them on the floor, which I am guilty of. The pillow is put on the floor were people step in their shoes etc and then placed back on your bed where you face will lay tonight! Yikesss. It is tough being a germaphobe. I bring my own pillow cases now. They do look nice, but really need to be changed with each guest and how often does that occur?

Re: the bed runners, I thought they also served a purpose - people usually put their suitcases on the bed to pack and unpack. I thought the runners protect the comforter from getting worn and dirty from the suitcases. :confused3 But maybe I just made an assumption?

Re: the bed runners, I thought they also served a purpose - people usually put their suitcases on the bed to pack and unpack. I thought the runners protect the comforter from getting worn and dirty from the suitcases. :confused3 But maybe I just made an assumption?

That's my understanding as well. And if you take a little rest, the feet go on the runner instead of on the bedding. Easy to clean those small runners. I like bed runners.

:laundy: :yay:

I don't think there are comforters anymore...just sheets, blanket, runner. (or no runner, now I guess...:guilty:)

Live from the BCVs a quick update on the SAB shower construction. it is in the final phases of construction and per the CM manning the gates will be turned over within a week pending final inspection. If you're familiar with the restrooms that are adjacent to the pool and next to the arcade, the entrance to the showers is on the right as you enter the foyer area. There are 3 areas/doors; ladies, men's, and the assistance needed one. I took some pictures which I'll post when I get home next week. Off for some pool time now after a morning at MK.
Thanks for the great detective work. ::yes:: We will be there in two weeks from today and we'll check them out. Hopefully, they will be open when we get there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!