Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I read the Captain's Grille is moved temp to BC in an "ariel" room. Is this that space right by the SAB exit? Is this room really unique / nice enough to book a meal there? Also how's the food? DIS podcasts tipped the place apart.

I read the Captain's Grille is moved temp to BC in an "ariel" room. Is this that space right by the SAB exit? Is this room really unique / nice enough to book a meal there? Also how's the food? DIS podcasts tipped the place apart.

Ariels.jpg

This location has not been open for regular dining for many years, although I think there are sometimes special events, like wedding dinners, held there.

The description from the Disney website about the temporary relocation of the Captain's Grille makes it sound intriguing:

Major Renovation and Temporary Relocation of Captain's Grille Restaurant

Captain's Grille, one of the table service restaurants located just off the lobby of Disney's Yacht Club Resort is getting ready to be refurbished. Instead of closing, the restaurant will be relocating to oceanic-themed Ariel’s, a former restaurant space located at the nearby Beach Club, from mid-May until sometime this Fall as the work is being completed.

"From the moment you step through the ironwork gate, be immersed in an enchanting underwater setting— where colorful coral displays, whimsical fish sculptures and hand-blown glass bubbles make you feel like you’re inside the pages of a fairy tale."- Disney website

:fish:

Is Disney still providing mosquito repellant spray in resort rooms and in the theme parks?

ETA: Thanks for the feedback on the mosquito repellant. Once again, the only consistency is inconsistency. I was wondering if I should remove the post I have on Page 1, but I'll leave it up there because I believe the intent is for the spray to be provided in Disney resort rooms. I'm guessing that if guests take the spray (which is perfectly acceptable), the housekeeper may not notice so doesn't replace it.

:thanks:

Last edited:

Is Disney still providing mosquito repellant spray in resort rooms and in the theme parks?

There was a can of Cutter Backwoods Insect Repellant in my one-bedroom villa at BoardWalk Villas at the end of March. Don't know about rooms at Yacht Club/BeachClub/Beach Club Villas.

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club in a Standard View Room but are wondering if we should switch to the Beach Club Villa Studio. We are 2 adults and 3 kids, who will be 12, 10, and 9 on the trip. We definitely want a balcony, and saw that most Yacht Club rooms have one and all BC Villa Studios. We like the serene look of the Beach Club better, but are concerned that the Villa Studio will be too cramped for the 5 of us as compared to the Yacht Club Standard. Thoughts? Thank you! This will be our first stay at either of these!

Breakfast at Captain's Grille is one of the better breakfasts I've had at Disney. The food isn't bad - I think it is pretty typical Disney table service food, better than some places, worse than others. The one thing Captain's Grille has never had going for it is a great atmosphere - reminds me of The Wave in that respect.

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club in a Standard View Room but are wondering if we should switch to the Beach Club Villa Studio. We are 2 adults and 3 kids, who will be 12, 10, and 9 on the trip. We definitely want a balcony, and saw that most Yacht Club rooms have one and all BC Villa Studios. We like the serene look of the Beach Club better, but are concerned that the Villa Studio will be too cramped for the 5 of us as compared to the Yacht Club Standard. Thoughts? Thank you! This will be our first stay at either of these!
I can only speak to the Yacht Club room. We've stayed there a few times with our 3 kids, who are a bit older than yours, and it was tight but not terrible. One bathroom is a bit of a challenge but nothing can be done about that. I certainly would not want to move to something smaller (though we also stayed at Port Orleans with our 3 kids when they were younger than yours, and that is smaller).

I have never stayed in a YC Standard room so I can't speak to that.
But in the BCV Studio you will only have 1 real bed and a sleeper sofa plus the drop down Murphy bed. With the sofa unfolded and the Murphy bed down it will be very difficult to maneuver.
The YC Standard will have 2 Queen beds and a day bed.
In the Studio the kitchenette takes up some space, making the room feel smaller.
Although I love the BCV's, with 5 I would keep the regular room at the YC.

@Best Aunt - can you still exit via a first floor BCV room patio on the quiet pool side now that the new fence is finished? I can't tell 100% from the pics, but it kind of looks like the patios have been fenced off.

You can no longer access the Dunes Cove pool from the patios on the first floor of the BCVs that are facing the pool. You'll need to go to the main BCV lobby or alternate elevator lobby to gain access to the pool.

Spoke with one of the rec managers yesterday. He said that the pool showers are supposed to be finished by the end of April but it may also slide a little bit. Expect them for sure by the time folks are taking summer trips. Although with the arcade noise I couldn't hear construction, he said they are working on it every day.

Also, they just changed the pool menu yesterday. I snapped pictures of the whole menu. New to the menu are a buffalo chicken wrap and a turkey Cobb salad (which replaces the chef salad). Going to try that buffalo wrap today I think.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This must be a recent change, as I have been able to order carry-out there from the bartender in the evening, during two separate trips, not all that long ago. It was packed up in a very nice black cardboard box and came complete with plastic utensils and napkins. I ordered from the menu on a table and waited about 20 minutes for the bartender to bring it out from the back.

Well it seems you always get different info from different cast members and I am wondering if it is because the ladies I talked to maybe only worked mornings and weren't aware. Going to ask again today but wait to do it until after noon and see what happens.

For those of you regulars at the Y&B, we met up with Sheryl, one of the long time pool gate people for a light bite after her shift last evening. It was so nice to talk to her in a non-work capacity. We then popped over to Epcot to stroll around World Showcase and see the offerings for Flower and Garden. It was a really nice evening.

One more day here at the world. Planning a relaxing pool day (supposed to be sunny and in the mid-90s today). From what I understand it is near record temps for this time of year. The sun is hot but the humidity is relatively low so it is not as miserable as it is mid summer when the temps are that high.

DH and I are planning to meet up with a chef from Jiko for happy hour this evening who is from South Africa and here on one of the country programs. I met him when I was here last fall with my girlfriends and we have kept in touch. Really looking forward to that.

As mentioned before we are staying at the villas. We had sent in a concern to Disney about the overgrown grasses by the grill area and how concerned we were that things could be hidden in those grasses. Well, it has all been cut back and replanted. Was happy to see that! Will post pictures from our balcony once we depart.

Edit: sorry I wrote this earlier today and never posted it. Back for a quick swim before packing it in. Never did get back over to Yacht Club

Do they sell repellant in the hotel stores? Asking in case there is none in our room (really don't want to travel with it).

We had a can in our room at Wilderness Lodge and I saw repellent in one of the parks.

I would not switch to the studio. The room is narrower than a resort room and once the sofa bed is down, you can hardly move in the room. I would stick with the YC room. You will have a full balcony, two queen beds and a daybed and more floor space than in the studio. :)

Do they sell repellant in the hotel stores? Asking in case there is none in our room (really don't want to travel with it).
If you don't have repellent in your room than you should call housekeeping and ask for a can.

Thanks for the feedback on the mosquito repellant. Once again, the only consistency is inconsistency. I was wondering if I should remove the post I have on Page 1, but I'll leave it up there because I believe the intent is for the spray to be provided in Disney resort rooms. I'm guessing that if guests take the spray (which is perfectly acceptable), the housekeeper may not notice so doesn't replace it.

As Wood Nymph indicates above, if there is not a can provided in your room when you check in, contact housekeeping to request one.

I am almost positive that it is for sale in the gift shops, but I haven't confirmed by going back to my pictures.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter