Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just hit our 180 day mark this morning for our YC trip this Sep/Oct! Much stressful hitting of the refresh button but got most of what we wanted including lunch at BoG on my Mum's birthday - was surprised to get this even at 180 as I've been religiously checking as soon as 180 days arrives on every date and nothing and this is for the day after our check in but yay :banana:. Was tipped off by a post on here that Cape May breakfasts have become increasingly difficult to nab so got that booked too. And an 8am Tusker House pre-park opening! Can't believe it!! So excited, trying not to wish away half the year but when you have a Disney trip planned it's hard! Just ordered our custom mouse ears from Etsy too!

Last edited:
Thanks for inserting my pics Dee, you are the hostest with the mostest :hug: I should've looked to see if it was a pullout couch/daybed (smacks head). It really is such a nice room!!

I appreciate you sharing your trip with me! And once again, please pass along thanks to your hubby for playing along with the minion challenge!

Did you get any daytime view shots? It looks like your room has a very similar view to what you can see from the YC club lounge outside balcony.

:goodvibes

OK, EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! RIGHT. NOW!!!

:surfweb:

How did I miss that the renovated Yacht Club rooms (at least the ones on club level) have Keurig coffee makers???

I have just been going through recent posts here and on the Club Level thread (which I don't have time to follow real time) so I can update the first post and the Yacht Club Post 9, and Club Level Post 12 with all of the new info: Thanks @pas130 @Ewoks @ohMom

As I was reviewing ohMom's photos, I saw she posted a picture of the coffee maker. :love:

I'll be interested in hearing if all of the renovated rooms at the Yacht Club will be getting Keurigs.

I'm not a huge fan of the Keurig single brew machines- I prefer my coffee in bulk, so filter brew machines are better for me, at home or on vacation. I prefer the Keurig to the Cuisinart pod contraption, though. It is much easier to bring extra k-cups from home than the harder to find Cuisinart pods for those coffee obsessed guests who may be concerned with running out of coffee and don't want to rely on mousekeeping to leave sufficient refills.

:coffee:

I appreciate you sharing your trip with me! And once again, please pass along thanks to your hubby for playing along with the minion challenge!

Did you get any daytime view shots? It looks like your room has a very similar view to what you can see from the YC club lounge outside balcony.

:goodvibes
I don't think I did, but it is the same view. We were closer to the roof of the Porte de cochere (not sure if I'm spelling that right). DH is happy to be a minion (especially since it's a Universal term ;) ). Your minion was like a little one on the balcony checking out the bus stop and all the buses coming and going :earboy2:

OK, EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! RIGHT. NOW!!!

:surfweb:

How did I miss that the renovated Yacht Club rooms (at least the ones on club level) have Keurig coffee makers???

I have just been going through recent posts here and on the Club Level thread (which I don't have time to follow real time) so I can update the first post and the Yacht Club Post 9, and Club Level Post 12 with all of the new info: Thanks @pas130 @Ewoks @ohMom

As I was reviewing ohMom's photos, I saw she posted a picture of the coffee maker. :love:

I'll be interested in hearing if all of the renovated rooms at the Yacht Club will be getting Keurigs.

I'm not a huge fan of the Keurig single brew machines- I prefer my coffee in bulk, so filter brew machines are better for me, at home or on vacation. I prefer the Keurig to the Cuisinart pod contraption, though. It is much easier to bring extra k-cups from home than the harder to find Cuisinart pods for those coffee obsessed guests who may be concerned with running out of coffee and don't want to rely on mousekeeping to leave sufficient refills.

:coffee:
I think the Grand Floridian rooms also converted to Keurigs, I'm not sure if it's all of them of just CL buildings. Maybe it'll be Disney-wide

I think the Grand Floridian rooms also converted to Keurigs, I'm not sure if it's all of them of just CL buildings. Maybe it'll be Disney-wide

I have had both Keurig and Cuisinart machines in RPC rooms.

Does anyone know if the king YC CL are bookable or by request? I have a LV CL room booked for May. Any LV king rooms? The view isn't important to me though, I only booked it because that was all that was available with an AP discount.

If we get a YC room in August that has not been renovated, do you thin we could request a Keurig coffee maker for our room? I would love to bring down some good coffee pods.

...Purchases made at Disney stores are delivered directly to your room instead of to the resort gift shop...
OMG I had no idea! That's great! Even on 4 day Disneyland trips we have so many purchase slips I feel like I'm dealing cards as I go through our purchase slips with Bell Services! (CLs in Disneyland don't deliver to rooms- WDW CLs seem to have a lot more going for them the more I learn!)

BC still has the pod type makers though, right? I ordered a not so small fortune of those pods with Hawaiian coffee for our trips this year. I actually prefer the pods to the K Cups, I think the coffee tastes better/stronger.

OMG I had no idea! That's great! Even on 4 day Disneyland trips we have so many purchase slips I feel like I'm dealing cards as I go through our purchase slips with Bell Services! (CLs in Disneyland don't deliver to rooms- WDW CLs seem to have a lot more going for them the more I learn!)

Even better if you shop with the Shop Disney Parks app they will deliver them to your home. You don't even have to stand in the long checkout lines. Just scan what you want to buy and put the item back then check out from your phone, free shipping over $75. If you have an AP your discount is automatically added. It only works in Disney owned stores though. I've never tried it in the countries in Epcot so don't know if it works there.

I popped over to the Beach Club and Yacht Club on March 23, 2017. I took pictures of the restaurant signboards, but they came out horrible. I emailed them to Dee so she can look at them to compare to what she has, but they aren't really good enough to post.

I took some other pictures which I am going to try to post, but Photobucket is acting really weird (pictures appearing and disappearing) so we'll see how it goes. Dee, if you like any of them, feel free to use them.

People sometimes ask about buying milk in the Beach Club Marketplace, so I took this photo:

If you take the boat from Disney's Hollywood Studios, and you get off the boat at the Yacht Club, you will see how Disney put rocks and fencing to keep people away from water, in case of alligators:

Compare this to the Swan and Dolphin. If you walk from the Boardwalk to the Swan, you will see that there are no rocks and fencing to keep people away from the water. In fact, the Swan and Dolphin want people to stand with their back to the water and stick their head in this frame to take a photo to post on social media, because it has their hashtag on it:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!