Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I think daybeds my not be a guarentee unless you have 5 because some rooms showed sleep 4 and some showed sleep 5 when we searched. Not sure if that was a glitch or what it swaps to when they have too many with 5.

Groups with 5 guests (all over age 3) have priority for rooms with a daybed. That is, if there is only one available room with a daybed, a family of 5 should get that instead of a family of 4 who has listed a daybed as a request. There are infrequent occasions when there are more parties of 5 booked than there are rooms with daybeds available. In that case, the group would have to be given a room which has sleeping arrangements for everyone. That may require a room with a rollaway cot- which from past reports is a fairly comfortable option for sleeping, but makes the room crowded.

::yes::

Thanks for the quick responses! I'm surprised at the no bus to HS, but I guess we'll make do! I've already had the TA put in a request for a daybed.

I'm sure I'll have others as we go, but thanks for the info so far!!!

page 838 revised

We are returning this summer for our third trip to YC/BC. Like last summer, we could only get a part of our week there, so we are splitting our stay with the Poly. Happy to be there for at least part of our stay. Thankful those summer deals finally came out. :)

Could you add us to the list for June 11-15? Thanks so much!!

Which resort are you staying at this time?

:goodvibes

I need some advice. I was booked in a Studio at the Beach Club Villas. Today, a special summer promo came out. I moved us to the Beach Club, Deluxe Club Level Room. I am second guessing this change. We always stay CL when we stay here, but this time we wanted to try the Villas. Initially, we booked to save some money and my hubby wanted a balcony. He does not want the Juliet balcony. I initially called to make the change because I goofed up and had 2 guests and not 4 and it looked like it was the same price as the Studio. It was $697 more to move over to the hotel, Club Level. I know these rooms are not on the 5th floor. Can anyone tell me more about the Deluxe CL rooms? Do they all have a patio or full balcony? Is it worth the making the change? We usually only get to do breakfast at the concierge and maybe snacks here and there. It is really not worth the extra $700 or is it? We love the convenience of the concierge. I am so confused. I have a 20 year old and a 17 year old and having the extra day bed will be nice any you are not guaranteed the day bed with a garden view room. The studios have that extra bull down bunk. HELP! Any advice. Should I keep the Deluxe CL room or go back to the Villas? The balcony question is key.

I gave you some information about the BC Deluxe Rooms in a previous response, but I forgot to give you a warm

:welcome:

Based on the info in your post, since a full balcony is not guaranteed in the BC Deluxe Rooms, you are probably better off in a villa.

page 839-840

Has anyone tried the spireside candles? Just saw their website and they have disney smelling candles and more specifically a beach club candle!
Another candle company walter and rosie candles company has a beach club candle too.

Has anyone tried either of these candles?

A few people have said they have ordered the candles. I can't remember the actual reviews of how closely the scents matched the Beach Club lobby smell.

Try doing a search in this thread with the word candle in the top line.

If anyone has reviews of candles they have purchased that smell like the lobby, please let us know!

:thumbsup2

We have been going to the Y&B every summer for the past 8 years and every trip we order from GG. We order beer and wine and we also order a cooler from them. We have never had an issue bringing the cooler into the pool area.

Thanks for the info.

Are you coming back this summer? Let me know if you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

A couple of missions up for grabs!!!

1) If you have a stay in a newly renovated room at the Yacht Club and have a daybed, can you take a picture? Bonus points if you get a picture of it open as well as closed. And TRIPLE bonus points if you find the label that has the brand and model

For example- here is the label from the daybeds in the Beach Club rooms:

daybed%20label.jpg

2) Again, renovated YC rooms. Please report back about bedding configuration (King, 2 Queen, daybed or no) and whether the room has a tub or a walkin shower only.

3) Anyone staying at the resort (BC/YC/BCV) using SAB. If you can, see if you are able to get an update on the status of the poolside shower/changing room. Even if others have reported back. I'm not convinced the answers given will be consistent.

:thanks:

OHHHH, add us to the 2017 club. We are owners at VWL (It will always be that for me lol) but since they are doing so much construction we are staying May 1- May 8 in a 1 bdrm at BCV for our 29th wedding anniversary. It's our first stay here. I'm really looking forward to it. We are bringing our "baby" 21 y/o at 6'2". He cannot wait to drink around the world. Can't wait for that :sad2:.

OHHHH, add us to the 2017 club. We are owners at VWL (It will always be that for me lol) but since they are doing so much construction we are staying May 1- May 8 in a 1 bdrm at BCV for our 29th wedding anniversary. It's our first stay here. I'm really looking forward to it. We are bringing our "baby" 21 y/o at 6'2". He cannot wait to drink around the world. Can't wait for that :sad2:.

LOL!

I'll add you and your "little one" to the list.

:woohoo:

page 838 revised

Which resort are you staying at this time?

I gave you some information about the BC Deluxe Rooms in a previous response, but I forgot to give you a warm

Based on the info in your post, since a full balcony is not guaranteed in the BC Deluxe Rooms, you are probably better off in a villa.

Thanks for the warm welcome and information. I decided to go back to the villa. Earlier in the day, the studio was not available for the Summer package. But after dinner, it appeared, so I called. I switched back to the studio and I not only got the Summer rate, but they kept my 4 Day Magic ticket on there and it was even less than the Summer promo. Overall, it was $1,000 less to move back to the studio vs the Club Level Deluxe room. The Garden view was only like $100 less than the Deluxe room. So overall, it all worked out! Thanks again for your responses!

Lisa

I put together the description and the room pictures from pas130 into a post on the Yacht Club Room View Page. Thought I would share it here. I'll have to go back and look but I don't remember seeing the coffee table before in the king bed room photos posted by another recent guest.

Room 5174, Renovated
Club Level Standard View
King Bed

pas130, March 2017

"I just returned home from a weekend away with hubby, and wanted to share some quick thoughts (before I forget). We stayed 3/23-26 at YC SV CL, and we were extremely pleased with our room! We were assigned room 5174, King bed with a sofa. And the room seemed so large without having 2 Queens. I loved the décor so much more than I thought I would. DH enjoyed the view of the bus stop (he's so funny). No construction noise with the exception of down in the gift shop.

Room:
3 doors from the lounge YAY (but this was also noisy too, as a mom to 5 kiddos it is nothing I can't sleep through)
The addition of sliding doors for the bathroom and toilet area was great, no more banging your knees trying to get in and out of the bathroom
The lighted closets are a nice touch
Robes AND slippers :)
Turndown included a large bottle of Dasani water and chocolates (the water may have been there when we checked in..but I do know we received a new one nightly
The room was not the cleanest when we got there; closets and tables a little dusty, and wet pillowcases were on the floor in the sink area (I think they were pillowcases).
Toiletries were the large Sea Marine ones, with solar gel, mouthwash and q-tips

Early Morning View:

Groups with 5 guests (all over age 3) have priority for rooms with a daybed. That is, if there is only one available room with a daybed, a family of 5 should get that instead of a family of 4 who has listed a daybed as a request. There are infrequent occasions when there are more parties of 5 booked than there are rooms with daybeds available. In that case, the group would have to be given a room which has sleeping arrangements for everyone. That may require a room with a rollaway cot- which from past reports is a fairly comfortable option for sleeping, but makes the room crowded.

Are the rooms without a daybed smaller than the rooms with a daybed? Or are they the same size?

This is what I have on the Club Level info page. Looks like it needs some updating. Can anyone confirm. I'll put my comments in blue next to the amenity.

Amenities available at All Disney Deluxe Resorts for Concierge Guests:

Nightly Turndown Service- yes
High Speed Internet Access (access fees apply)- n/a, all resort guests get this?
Bathroom Amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, bath & facial soap)- toiletries may vary from these selections
Complimentary Fax Assistance- ???
Complimentary Health Club Access- n/a, all resort guests get this?
2 Adult-Size Spa Bathrobes (in-room use, additional robes can be requested)- yes
Club Level Check-In from 7am - 10pm yes
Club Level Assistance from 7am - 10pm (tickets, dining, recreation, special events) yes
Advanced Itinerary Planning- offered through Disney Signature Service
Refreshments throughout the day in Concierge Lounges- yes
Secured Key Access to Club Level Floors- Magic Band/Key card
USA Today Newspaper- ??? upon request??? or no?
Coffee Maker with Coffee & Tea Assortment- yes
Iron and Board- ??? Still in rooms? ETA: yes, saw this in someone's pictures
Safe- all guests
Hair Dryer- all guests
Refrigerator - all guests
Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk- Still true??? or no???
VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) ^^^
CD/Clock Radios in Suites- GRRRRR!!!!!!
Discovery Wildlife Excursion- they don't do that anymore, right?

Purchases made at Disney stores are delivered directly to your room instead of to the resort gift shop

Help!

:thanks:

Last edited:
I put together the description and the room pictures from pas130 into a post on the Yacht Club Room View Page. Thought I would share it here. I'll have to go back and look but I don't remember seeing the coffee table before in the king bed room photos posted by another recent guest.

Room 5174, Renovated
Club Level Standard View
King Bed

pas130, March 2017
Thanks for inserting my pics Dee, you are the hostest with the mostest :hug: I should've looked to see if it was a pullout couch/daybed (smacks head). It really is such a nice room!!

Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk- Still true??? or no???
VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) ^^^
When my daughter stayed in a regular (non CL) room at BC last October during the hurricane, she was able to borrow a dvd player and movies at no charge.

Has anyone tried the spireside candles? Just saw their website and they have disney smelling candles and more specifically a beach club candle!
Another candle company walter and rosie candles company has a beach club candle too.

Has anyone tried either of these candles?

I have the Beach Club Spireside. They don't have the strongest smell when burning but definitely smell of the Beach Club :) I have burned one and have one living in a drawer - saving it! However, I have also found that Yankee Candle "Beach Walk" reminds me of the Beach Club (your opinion may differ!). Don't know where you're based but in the UK Carex antibacterial Aloe Vera liquid soap also smells reminiscent of the BC.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!