Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

FYI- not sure if you are aware, but the Schofferhoffer grapefruit beer is showing at lots of places at the resort- club level lounge, Beaches & Cream, Crews Cup Lounge. I didn't check to see if you could get it at the Ale & Compass lounge or the Marketplace/Fittings & Fairings, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it there.

:drinking1
I love grapefruit beer! Looking forward to this. It's not a club offering, is it?? LOL

Interesting idea about taking the monorail to/from MK. Can you or anyone add some additional details comparing the time it takes, distance to walk, differences between using this route in the morning vs when coming home as compared to using the bus to/from the MK? Thanks so much!
We always bus in the AM on the way to MK. Takes about 20 minutes from when you get on the bus. Coming home is a different story! We plan a relaxing escape from MK by 1) taking the ferry to TTC, 2) transferring to the monorail to take us to Epcot and then 3) a leisurely stroll through Epcot on our way back to BCV. This 3 step process takes longer than the bus, but if you're in no rush to get back it's worth the experience. We particularly like the ferry boat ride leaving MK as it's very picturesque, but if you want you can also take the monorail to TTC.

Question: Is the Yacht Club actually more convenient to the pool or is that my imagination? I had a very difficult time finding the pool, I think I was at one point walking on grass I shouldn't have been walking on when I tried to go out the front door of BC to get to the pool.
Yes, the YC has easier access to SAB than the BC does.

that's correct but I have the same question. Are there 2 bathing spaces. This is making a huge difference in our decision.
The master bathroom has a large bathtub and a sink. The toilet and shower stall are in an adjoining room with access to both the hallway and the master bedroom. And the second bedroom/studio has a regular full bathroom. So there are three bathing areas but only two toilets.

Interesting idea about taking the monorail to/from MK. Can you or anyone add some additional details comparing the time it takes, distance to walk, differences between using this route in the morning vs when coming home as compared to using the bus to/from the MK? Thanks so much!
It would take 15-20 minutes to walk to the Epcot monorail. Then you need to switch to the MK monorail at the ticket and transportation center. I would plan on it taking about 35 - 45 minutes to travel to/from MK via the monorail. We have taken the monorail back to the BC from MK many times, but usually only in the afternoons when we wanted to walk through Epcot anyway. The bus takes about 15 minutes from BC to MK. We hated taking the monorail to get to Epcot when we stayed at GF this past December. It took so much more time than a bus did.

Judging from posted photos of the refurb at the BCV and YC prototype, the bedroom ceiling fan is no more. The ceiling fans always make sleeping more comfortable during the very hot and humid summers at WDW. AC is not always the solution - especially with motion sensors attached to the system.

They were definitely removed from the 1 BR BCV's. I missed them. I agree, air movement makes a difference at night.
I don't understand why they needed to remove them completely. I don't like it

Someone asked about coping in the hot Floridian summers because they were from a colder climate-think the name was Sinope? Sorry I lost the quote and cant find it now but I will add to Dee's list of handy hints for staying cool and in tip top shape and say "drink and then when you think you've drunk enough, drink some more". I mean water by the way though an odd Sunken Treasure or Grey Goose Slushie make somehow land in you hand too from time to time and is to be enjoyed also :rotfl2:
I'm from Ireland as I'm sure you can tell from my avatar and while we may have a season called summer here, it can be as long as 2 whole hours on a Wednesday in May (ehem 2016 I'm thinking of you:sad2:) or it may last 2 whole months:worship:but it never reaches anything like the temperatures and humidity we experience in WDW and we cope just fine by using air-conditioned shops to walk through, restaurants to ease tired toes and cool rosy faces and we welcome our chance to dip in the pools or for younger members running through fountains whenever opportunity knocks. The one thing that caught us out a little last summer was not drinking enough water one afternoon. Now I'm probably a wee bit obsessed about everyone staying hydrated, but even though I thought we were all taking plenty of fluids on board, I underestimated just how much I needed to drink and while no harm was done I did feel a little unwell for around an hour 1 evening while I downed several glasses of water to rehydrate. Then I was grand, but I was surprised at how easy it is to underestimate how much fluid you need when it's hot and humid. I can tell you that every QS location happily handed out iced water and that it was an unusually hot day as all the castmembers and security staff were reminding guests to drink water. I've been many, many times and this was the first time I've ever had a problem and like I say it was quickly, painlessly and easily solved but I think that's partly due to the fact that I'm hyper about the family drinking water (don't want anyone keeling over least of all me :crazy2:).
I'm sure you'll have a blast on your trip just remember to listen to your body and if in doubt take a wee break in a store, pool or restaurant when the notion takes :)

Personally speaking, for those August trips I'd love to see Disney install some sort of a car wash set up where you could walk under an arch of drenching water while you were caressed by those soapy swinging cloth strips. That would be followed by a rinse arch with an up-charge of hot wax to make yourself shiny.

These would be located equidistant from the air conditioned gift shops we all run into in a useless attempt to maintain a functional body temperature during the HOT months (February-November).

Disney is going to need something to replace the nonexistent revenue from those Tomorrowland tarp tents, so the human car wash idea would make an excellent warm weather up-sell.

Always thinking....
~NinjaMom

Dis anyone see Mistress of the Web, Webmaster Kathy's awesome pictures of the Yacht Club refurb room? She stayed there and she took a really great set of pictures. Here is the link to that post: http://www.disboards.com/threads/po...-without-carpets.3571945/page-4#post-57023123
http://www.disboards.com/threads/po...-without-carpets.3571945/page-4#post-57023123
~NM

PS I'm sorry if those pictures were already posted. NinjaMom is not so quick on the uptake these days as she is very busy fighting a supervillian here in the states.

I'm having a really hard time picturing the studio villa....does anyone have pics they can share or point me to somewhere in the thead...I saw some in the first few pages, but it wasn't very many. Is there only 1 area (sink area) to get ready?

I'm having a really hard time switching from the Poly studio with the 2 showering/getting ready spaces (finances dictate otherwise this year)....I looked like there was a smaller area for a 2nd space, but I can't tell.....

Dis anyone see Mistress of the Web, Webmaster Kathy's awesome pictures of the Yacht Club refurb room? She stayed there and she took a really great set of pictures. Here is the link to that post: http://www.disboards.com/threads/po...-without-carpets.3571945/page-4#post-57023123
~NM

PS I'm sorry if those pictures were already posted. NinjaMom is not so quick on the uptake these days as she is very busy fighting a supervillian here in the states.
Thanks for the photo link!
Also appreciate your Disney thoughts and advice along with being an awesome superhero. How do you find the time for it all? :D

I'm having a really hard time picturing the studio villa....does anyone have pics they can share or point me to somewhere in the thead...I saw some in the first few pages, but it wasn't very many. Is there only 1 area (sink area) to get ready?

I'm having a really hard time switching from the Poly studio with the 2 showering/getting ready spaces (finances dictate otherwise this year)....I looked like there was a smaller area for a 2nd space, but I can't tell.....

There are actually 2 sink areas in the BCV studios, but one is in the kitchenette. I personally do not choose to use that for "getting ready", but you certainly could. The second sink is in the bathroom area across the hall from the kitchenette, outside of the "room" with the toilet and tub/shower combo.

Ninja mom I can always rely on you to make me smile with your ever helpful words of wisdom and inventive ideas! Disney would do well to make use of your brain for upcoming projects. Keep in fighting those villains but save a wee bit of time for us here on the Dis- we'd be lost without you. :lmao:

Thanks for the photo link!
Also appreciate your Disney thoughts and advice along with being an awesome superhero. How do you find the time for it all? :D

I took a page out of NateBenMa's book and I gave up sleep. That and my time machine do wonders for keeping up with everything in life. I recently had my portrait taken with my time machine:

maytag-ad-from-1959-via-analparade-tumblr-com1.jpg

It's a little difficult crawling inside but it sure beats flying coach for traveling.

~NM

I took a page out of NateBenMa's book and I gave up sleep. That and my time machine do wonders for keeping up with everything in life. I recently had my portrait taken with my time machine:

maytag-ad-from-1959-via-analparade-tumblr-com1.jpg

It's a little difficult crawling inside but it sure beats flying coach for traveling.

~NM

Why did the Carousel of Progress song just pop in to my head? It's a great big beautiful tomorrow......... :charac2:

We will be staying at BC for the first time (2 bedroom villa) this March! Very excited! Sorry if I missed this info in the thread but if we want to try to avoid views of roof tops... what room requests should we put in? I see that there are rooms facing Epcot - can you see the fireworks from those rooms? Thanks!

Checked into the yacht club yesterday. We were assigned room 3012. It's at the furthest end but very close to the stairwell that goes outside. We hung out at SAB yesterday and could hear and see the construction. They are tearing apart the top floor rooms near the gazebo. We could see some room with no balcony doors/windows, it was all open for construction. We stopped in the gift shop, half of it is blocked off. The CM working said they were putting in food and there would be a refillable mug station. That will be a welcome addition. There was also a note in our room that between 11am-3pm there could be times the water is turned off. Our room is very nice, everyone has been great. If I can answer anything let me know.

We will be staying at BC for the first time (2 bedroom villa) this March! Very excited! Sorry if I missed this info in the thread but if we want to try to avoid views of roof tops... what room requests should we put in? I see that there are rooms facing Epcot - can you see the fireworks from those rooms? Thanks!

The BCV building was an addition to the resort. It was built in the Cast Member parking lot and it sits behind and to the side of the BC resort. There are really no special views. Your best bet to not see roofs is to request a Woods View. These also are the rooms that may
have a view of the high Epcot fireworks. Epcot view is a view of Spaceship Earth etc. You can no longer request Epcot view.
Have Fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter