Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Could someone who has rented DVC points for Beach Club Villas please private message me? I'm planning a trip in the fall, and for the time we're planning to be there, it might be feasible to stay at BCV if we could rent DVC points, but I've never done that.

Any input would be welcome!
I have no first hand experience with renting since I own at BCV but thought the first thread on this DVC forum might be of help to you for calculating costs.

http://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

Check out the first post and the link:
http://www.dvcrequest.com/default.asp

Last edited:
Hi All!
We have stayed at BC 3 or 4 times now and enjoyed it. Quick question though, if my family and my parents wanted to go stay in the 2 bdrm villa (we are not DVC members), one of the 2 bdrms would have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, and the other bdrm would be a king bed? Its not 2 queens and a king? Thanks!

Someone asked about coping in the hot Floridian summers because they were from a colder climate-think the name was Sinope? Sorry I lost the quote and cant find it now but I will add to Dee's list of handy hints for staying cool and in tip top shape and say "drink and then when you think you've drunk enough, drink some more". I mean water by the way though an odd Sunken Treasure or Grey Goose Slushie make somehow land in you hand too from time to time and is to be enjoyed also :rotfl2:
I'm from Ireland as I'm sure you can tell from my avatar and while we may have a season called summer here, it can be as long as 2 whole hours on a Wednesday in May (ehem 2016 I'm thinking of you:sad2:) or it may last 2 whole months:worship:but it never reaches anything like the temperatures and humidity we experience in WDW and we cope just fine by using air-conditioned shops to walk through, restaurants to ease tired toes and cool rosy faces and we welcome our chance to dip in the pools or for younger members running through fountains whenever opportunity knocks. The one thing that caught us out a little last summer was not drinking enough water one afternoon. Now I'm probably a wee bit obsessed about everyone staying hydrated, but even though I thought we were all taking plenty of fluids on board, I underestimated just how much I needed to drink and while no harm was done I did feel a little unwell for around an hour 1 evening while I downed several glasses of water to rehydrate. Then I was grand, but I was surprised at how easy it is to underestimate how much fluid you need when it's hot and humid. I can tell you that every QS location happily handed out iced water and that it was an unusually hot day as all the castmembers and security staff were reminding guests to drink water. I've been many, many times and this was the first time I've ever had a problem and like I say it was quickly, painlessly and easily solved but I think that's partly due to the fact that I'm hyper about the family drinking water (don't want anyone keeling over least of all me :crazy2:).
I'm sure you'll have a blast on your trip just remember to listen to your body and if in doubt take a wee break in a store, pool or restaurant when the notion takes :)

As a Floridian, I can see the humor in your lack of appreciation of how heat and humidity can take everything out of you. I am very thankful that it just required a few extra glasses of water. I also found quite humerous your obsession of staying hydrated. I am right there with you :)

I will confess that I have not read the post about staying cool or the other response. I agree with hitting the shops and restraunts for a/c. Misting fans are good. But nothing beats drinking water. Gotta get it in you. But I want to throw out a warning: lots of water mess with electrolites. Make sure to eat bananas, fruit like organges and grapes. Even add some extra salt or gatorade or powerade. We usually water down the gatorade/powerade.

Hi All!
We have stayed at BC 3 or 4 times now and enjoyed it. Quick question though, if my family and my parents wanted to go stay in the 2 bdrm villa (we are not DVC members), one of the 2 bdrms would have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, and the other bdrm would be a king bed? Its not 2 queens and a king? Thanks!

Since the refurb the beds in the 2 BR Villas are a mix of 1 and 2 Queen beds. A dedicated 2 BR would have 2 Queens, and a Lock Off 2 BR Villa would have one. I am an owner and I request my choice at 11 months in advance.
I don't know if you have much choice if either renting points or booking directly through Disney.

We will be checking into the BC in 4 days! My DH and I along with DD, DSIL and youngest DD will be taking my grandson for his first visit to Disney. He is only 11 months old but it's never too early for their first visit right?
I am nervous about his sleeping, or rather not sleeping, and keeping neighboring guests awake too. Our only request is connecting rooms so we can babysit for them a night or 2 while there. Keeping my fingers crossed we get connecting rooms.
This is our first visit this time of year and am really looking forward to it. My DH and I were there last October and had such pleasant (translation not too hot) weather we walked everywhere and loved it. We only took a bus to AK and one home from MK one night.
We walked thru EPCOT and took the monorail to MK every other time and enjoyed it.
I am also looking forward to the arts festival in EPCOT. Something new to experience!

Grandson is not a fan of the beauty and the beast song, Something There. Every.single.time he hears it he starts crying. :rotfl: but he does love Mickey!

4 days and I will be checking in and escaping this nasty weather.

page 769-770

Has anyone stayed in a DVC studio villa with a view of fireworks? What was your room number?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

We usually recommend that guests make room requests using words describing what it is they prefer in a room rather than specific room numbers. That way the person assigning rooms will have the information about what is most important.

So perhaps the request would be "upper floor, facing EPCOT, please" or "Fireworks view, if possible"

My understanding is that the Beach Club Villas tend to be filled to capacity at most time so there is a limited inventory of rooms available at any given time when someone is checking in.

:goodvibes

HI Wishes Queen :wave: safe travels hope you get out before the storm. Enjoy the YC we love it there. We are doing a YC-GF split in May.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list so I will add you.

:cool1:

Am I right in reading there is no cafeteria for the Beach Club? What are QS options in that area? We are staying CL so I'm not too concerned...just wondering what to expect.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Is your trip in early March?

Checked in to the Villas today! Loving the decor, service, and location of the resort. However, it seems the cast member assigning rooms looked at my requests and decided it was Opposite Day. I requested upper floor and near lobby. Our room is on the ground floor and at the very end of the hall. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. At least we are closer to Epcot! Still going to have a magical trip!

UGH! Sorry about not getting your rquests. Hope it works out ok. Enjoy your trip!

::yes::

Hi all, I am so excited to find this thread! We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time over Labor Day weekend. Thanks so much for all of the great information. This is quite the resource! We've stayed at Boardwalk before and enjoyed ourselves but we kept staring across the lake and now we're making it happen.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

As a Floridian, I can see the humor in your lack of appreciation of how heat and humidity can take everything out of you. I am very thankful that it just required a few extra glasses of water. I also found quite humerous your obsession of staying hydrated. I am right there with you :)

I will confess that I have not read the post about staying cool or the other response. I agree with hitting the shops and restraunts for a/c. Misting fans are good. But nothing beats drinking water. Gotta get it in you. But I want to throw out a warning: lots of water mess with electrolites. Make sure to eat bananas, fruit like organges and grapes. Even add some extra salt or gatorade or powerade. We usually water down the gatorade/powerade.

Thanks for your input!

:thumbsup2

We will be checking into the BC in 4 days! My DH and I along with DD, DSIL and youngest DD will be taking my grandson for his first visit to Disney. He is only 11 months old but it's never too early for their first visit right?
I am nervous about his sleeping, or rather not sleeping, and keeping neighboring guests awake too. Our only request is connecting rooms so we can babysit for them a night or 2 while there. Keeping my fingers crossed we get connecting rooms.
This is our first visit this time of year and am really looking forward to it. My DH and I were there last October and had such pleasant (translation not too hot) weather we walked everywhere and loved it. We only took a bus to AK and one home from MK one night.
We walked thru EPCOT and took the monorail to MK every other time and enjoyed it.
I am also looking forward to the arts festival in EPCOT. Something new to experience!

Grandson is not a fan of the beauty and the beast song, Something There. Every.single.time he hears it he starts crying. :rotfl: but he does love Mickey!

4 days and I will be checking in and escaping this nasty weather.

Hope you have a great trip!

:sunny:

Last edited:
We are staying at the BC April 23 - 29 and can't wait. :yay: We've been to WDW many times, but it will be our first time staying at BC. So, help me get excited -- what are your FAVORITE things about staying at BC/YC???

We are staying at the BC April 23 - 29 and can't wait. :yay: We've been to WDW many times, but it will be our first time staying at BC. So, help me get excited -- what are your FAVORITE things about staying at BC/YC???

These are a few of my favorite things...

Location! 5-7 minute walk to the International Gateway and World Showcase. Watch Illuminations from inside EPCOT and be back to your room before 9:30 pm

Stormalong Bay- so large and so many activities that there is no excuse to be bored

Awesome cast members

Beautiful décor.

:love:

Beach Club Villa 2 Bedroom, Room 123

Room%20Layout.jpg

LR1.jpg

LR.jpg

LR2.jpg

LR3.jpg

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen2.jpg

Kitchen3.jpg

Master.jpg

BR2.jpg

BR.jpg

Bathroom.jpg

Bath1.jpg

Bath2.jpg

Bath3.jpg

Thank you so much, @MickeyT for providing these pictures from your recent stay!

Last edited:
Pretty much, I second Natebenma: the pool (specifically the sand bottom, "baby slide" perfect for little ones and pirate slide for more adventurous, the range of pool areas and experiences), the location (walking into World Showcase). For me that is less about Illuminations, and more about easy Kakigori, Schofferhoffer, and frangiapanne access, being able to avoid buses to get to three parks (walk through Epcot and monorail to MK when desired), the resort feel (quiet, sophisticated, relaxed). It just feels right! I never feel I am in a sensory overload, which is the perfect antidote to the intensity of the parks. You will love it!

For me that is less about Illuminations, and more about easy Kakigori, Schofferhoffer, and frangiapanne access,
*snip*

FYI- not sure if you are aware, but the Schofferhoffer grapefruit beer is showing at lots of places at the resort- club level lounge, Beaches & Cream, Crews Cup Lounge. I didn't check to see if you could get it at the Ale & Compass lounge or the Marketplace/Fittings & Fairings, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it there.

:drinking1

Is there anything on the resort activities list that is a "must do" for kids? My DDs are 7 and 5.

On Page 1, Post 4 (Activities), I post the current monthly schedule of activities. There is also a link you can click to see past schedules, so you may want to see what was offered during the month you are going in past years.

Every night there is an outdoor movie, either outside on the BC volleyball court or inside in the Solarium. On select nights, there is a campfire and marshmallow roast on the beach before the movie.

Is there anything on the resort activities list that is a "must do" for kids? My DDs are 7 and 5.

Adding to what @natebenma said, we really enjoyed the campfire s'mores! But, that is a novelty for my kids; I know for some kids it may not be. One of the CMs (I can't remember his name) was so friendly and engaging, and that made it more fun!

page 769-770

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

We usually recommend that guests make room requests using words describing what it is they prefer in a room rather than specific room numbers. That way the person assigning rooms will have the information about what is most important.

So perhaps the request would be "upper floor, facing EPCOT, please" or "Fireworks view, if possible"

My understanding is that the Beach Club Villas tend to be filled to capacity at most time so there is a limited inventory of rooms available at any given time when someone is checking in.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list so I will add you.

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Is your trip in early March?

UGH! Sorry about not getting your rquests. Hope it works out ok. Enjoy your trip!

::yes::

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your input!

Hope you have a great trip!

:sunny:

No trip booked yet. Starting to research where we'd like to stay next year for our disneymoon. Thanks for the advice :thanks::sail:

Pretty much, I second Natebenma: the pool (specifically the sand bottom, "baby slide" perfect for little ones and pirate slide for more adventurous, the range of pool areas and experiences), the location (walking into World Showcase). For me that is less about Illuminations, and more about easy Kakigori, Schofferhoffer, and frangiapanne access, being able to avoid buses to get to three parks (walk through Epcot and monorail to MK when desired), the resort feel (quiet, sophisticated, relaxed). It just feels right! I never feel I am in a sensory overload, which is the perfect antidote to the intensity of the parks. You will love it!

Interesting idea about taking the monorail to/from MK. Can you or anyone add some additional details comparing the time it takes, distance to walk, differences between using this route in the morning vs when coming home as compared to using the bus to/from the MK? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter